PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Idea: Convert JPP to MLB

AngryAZN
01-26-2012, 12:36 PM
I can't be the only one thinking it and the giants had the nerve to convert Kiwi to SLB. JPP looks like the most athlete member of the front seven so why not convert him and keep Osi & Tuck at DE.

Thoughts?

AllTuckedUp
01-26-2012, 12:38 PM
I can't be the only one thinking it and the giants had the nerve to convert Kiwi to SLB. JPP looks like the most athlete member of the front seven so why not convert him and keep Osi & Tuck at DE.

Thoughts?

He's doing so well at DE no point.

Redeyejedi
01-26-2012, 12:39 PM

Thoughts?

Your the only 1 thinking it.

C1010
01-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Your right, it is a crazy idea. JPP should never move from DE.

ryan12
01-26-2012, 12:44 PM
are you effing kidding me

GameTime
01-26-2012, 12:45 PM
I can't be the only one thinking it and the giants had the nerve to convert Kiwi to SLB. JPP looks like the most athlete member of the front seven so why not convert him and keep Osi &amp; Tuck at DE. Thoughts?</P>

so you want to convert a pro bowl DE with 16 +sacks who also is starting to play the run game very well. Is a game changer at his postion and is only 22 years old. </P>

Sorry Bro.....dont agree and it borders on ridiculous. Kiwi is no where the player JPP is . I love Kiwi but come on man.....</P>

</P>

Kruunch
01-26-2012, 12:47 PM

Thoughts?

I think I'd rather see Rocky Bernard at Quarter Back.

MikeIsaGiant
01-26-2012, 12:48 PM
Close this thread before it's too late.

THIS IS LUDICROUS !!

GameTime
01-26-2012, 12:49 PM
I can't be the only one thinking it and the giants had the nerve to convert Kiwi to SLB. JPP looks like the most athlete member of the front seven so why not convert him and keep Osi &amp; Tuck at DE. Thoughts? I think I'd rather see Rocky Bernard at Quarter Back.</P>

now thats a great idea.....</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>Eli sucks anyway and Bernard needs to earn his contract pay somehow......</FONT></P>

miked1958
01-26-2012, 12:50 PM
going to have to agree with them. he is doing to well at DE. who knows this kid could have 30plus sacks next season</P>

WR4Life
01-26-2012, 12:51 PM
We do kinda lack the field general presence at middle linebacker. We need a top player there. A guy that has the brains. A guy that can make all the plays. I GOT IT!! LETS THROW ELI OUT THERE!

tripleaamin9
01-26-2012, 12:51 PM
U would be fired. If u want him to play outside linebacker convert to a 3-4. Even that is stupid.

JJC7301
01-26-2012, 12:53 PM
He'll be our DE for years to come. I've been complaining about LBs for years, but the LB corp is finally looking better with Kiwi, Boley, and J. Will. But we can us an upgrade at MLB regardless of whether or not Goff resigns.

Albrecht77
01-26-2012, 12:55 PM
This clip sums up the overall opinion on your post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Classic

SweetZombieJesus
01-26-2012, 01:03 PM
Are you crazy???? Maybe if they were to switch to a 3-4, but NO.

I already feel Kiwi is much better at DE.

nygsb42champs
01-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Why would you take your most gifted DE and try to convert him into a run stopping MLB?

bLuereverie
01-26-2012, 01:10 PM
That is the dumbest AZN thing I've ever heard.

AngryAZN
01-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Are you crazy????* Maybe if they were to switch to a 3-4, but NO.

To be fair, Kiwi was the heir apparent to Strahan when he was converted. He looked as good if not better than Tuck.

JPP isn't like the protypical NFL player, he hasn't been playing since he was 10 years old. He is in many aspects still learning the game. All I know is he has impressed a lot of us when he is working out in space.

Burgermiesta
01-26-2012, 01:20 PM
I understand where you are coming from with that idea. However he is doing a great job this year at DE. Remember OSI almost didn't come back this year and I don't think he will be here for 2012 season. I think JPP will get his spot going forward.

jhamburg
01-26-2012, 01:21 PM

To be fair, Kiwi was the heir apparent to Strahan when he was converted. He looked as good if not better than Tuck.

JPP isn't like the protypical NFL player, he hasn't been playing since he was 10 years old. He is in many aspects still learning the game. All I know is he has impressed a lot of us when he is working out in space.

Moving a pass rusher to SLB is completely different from MLB. There are plenty of ways to work a SLB into the pass rush. And even that is still a little crazy, but there are plenty of examples. Kiwi on the giants, what we tried with Sintim, Von Miller, Kameron Wimbley. Can you name one pass rusher who converted to MLB? It's a completely different position.

bLuereverie
01-26-2012, 01:22 PM
To be fair, Kiwi was the heir apparent to Strahan when he was converted.

Uhhhh nooo.

TroyArcher
01-26-2012, 01:23 PM
I amnow Angry at Azn for making this suggestion.

myles2424
01-26-2012, 01:52 PM
He gets alot of tipped balls, let's put him in the secondary while we're at it...

AngryAZN
01-26-2012, 01:53 PM

Moving a pass rusher to SLB is completely different from MLB. There are plenty of ways to work a SLB into the pass rush. And even that is still a little crazy, but there are plenty of examples. Kiwi on the giants, what we tried with Sintim, Von Miller, Kameron Wimbley. Can you name one pass rusher who converted to MLB? It's a completely different position.

One of the thing that made Strahan exceptional was his ability to not only rush the passer, but he was also able to play the run. JPP has demonstrated that he is capable of doing both also. This is more than we can say for Tuck and Osi.

One thing is clear, we need a MLB who can stop the run meaning fight off a blocker and make the play.

BeatYale
01-26-2012, 02:05 PM
Why stop your thinking there? Let your balls drop bro. Consider moving Coughlin to CB and Boothe to WR.

/thread

EliTE
01-26-2012, 02:05 PM
i think he could be a really good OLB in a 3-4, but in a 4-3 his only position should be DE

jhamburg
01-26-2012, 02:06 PM

One of the thing that made Strahan exceptional was his ability to not only rush the passer, but he was also able to play the run. JPP has demonstrated that he is capable of doing both also. This is more than we can say for Tuck and Osi.

One thing is clear, we need a MLB who can stop the run meaning fight off a blocker and make the play.

Look, he's a freak we could put him at safety and dude will still make plays. The point is maximizing the effect that your star players have on the game, and when you have an elite pass rusher you need him rushing the passer, regardless of what your needs are at other positions.

u2good
01-26-2012, 02:08 PM
Don't you think it'd be easier to draft a good MLB or get a FA next year?

Redeyejedi
01-26-2012, 02:11 PM
i think he could be a really good OLB in a 3-4, but in a 4-3 his only position should be DEAs a rookie yeah I think they may have beefed him up a little to much now

CGYgiant
01-26-2012, 02:14 PM
i think he could be a really good OLB in a 3-4, but in a 4-3 his only position should be DEAs a rookie yeah I think they may have beefed him up a little to much now

He probably still has the athletisism to do it. He moves like a guy much lighter.

AngryAZN
01-26-2012, 02:24 PM
Don't you think it'd be easier to draft a good MLB or get a FA next year?

When was last time the Giants had any success doing that? Antonio Pierce? Really?

BigBlue D
01-26-2012, 02:45 PM
JPP with his speed, agility, long arms belongs on the line. In the 9er game last week, Alex Smith tried to run for the first down the middle and JPP shook off his lineman and at the same time was able to tackle Smith (only because of his long reach) for a stop. No one else except for JPP makes that play because A Smith was well passed JPP on the play.

SweetZombieJesus
01-26-2012, 03:00 PM
JPP with his speed, agility, long arms belongs on the line. In the 9er game last week, Alex Smith tried to run for the first down the middle and JPP shook off his lineman and at the same time was able to tackle Smith (only because of his long reach) for a stop. No one else except for JPP makes that play because A Smith was well passed JPP on the play.

THE OCTOPUS!

G-Man67
01-26-2012, 03:03 PM
crazy is too nice a word for it

bubblesmcgee
01-26-2012, 03:12 PM
Why switch a guy who is already in the top 3 at his position in the NFL and is still learning to play?

AntB
01-26-2012, 03:29 PM
Haven't you heard? The Giants are i the Super Bowl. Playing lights out defense. I could be more understanding if you said something like 'how about converting Jacobs to tight end'.

GIANTSFAN148
01-26-2012, 03:45 PM

Thoughts?

Pshhhhhhh I think JPP going to the MAJOR LEAGE BASEBALL is a better idea then that!

NJGIANTinNC
01-26-2012, 03:52 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

AngryAZN
01-26-2012, 04:09 PM
lol...fine, fine, fine. Like I prefaced, Crazy Idea.

But they'd better not start Chase Blackburn next season.

bLuereverie
01-26-2012, 04:13 PM
Because Chase starting at his natural position makes no sense opposed to JPP manning the middle of a 43?

AngryAZN
01-26-2012, 04:21 PM
Because Chase starting at his natural position makes no sense opposed to JPP manning the middle of a 43?

Chase = Frank Fararra >> All over again!

Nuff said!

JacksGiant76
01-26-2012, 04:23 PM
I can't be the only one thinking it and the giants had the nerve to convert Kiwi to SLB. JPP looks like the most athlete member of the front seven so why not convert him and keep Osi &amp; Tuck at DE.

Thoughts?

We've got a middle linebacker and his name is Jonathan Goff. How bout Eli to safety? or Beatty to to RB?

bLuereverie
01-26-2012, 04:31 PM

Nuff said!

Ferrara was DE. Do you know the difference between a DE and a MLB?

AngryAZN
01-26-2012, 04:35 PM

Nuff said!

Ferrara was DE. Do you know the difference between a DE and a MLB?

If you were around when Fararra was playing for the Giants then you'd know exactly what I'm talking about. But it seems you weren't.

thesin
01-26-2012, 04:48 PM
5 star thread, saving a copy now to read to my children and they will read it to their grand children.