PDA

View Full Version : So...Wilfork vs The Giants offensive line

BJacobs aka The Problem
01-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Just what the title says, how do you think the o-line deals with Wilfork? He looks to be a major problem.

GameTime
01-26-2012, 01:04 PM
He will be a major problem and they need to run away from him or let him through and screen over his head.

nygsb42champs
01-26-2012, 01:05 PM
He is a major force. Bass, Snee and Boothe have to have big games on the inside of the line.

TrueBlue@NYC
01-26-2012, 01:11 PM
They'll need to adjust their blocking schemes to ensure that he gets double teamed wherever he lines up b/c the pats move him around alot. The only time he should be single blocked is when the play is going away from him.

JJC7301
01-26-2012, 01:12 PM
Run away from him.</P>

FlyingTruck
01-26-2012, 01:13 PM
They won't.
I watched the entire Ravens/Pats game.
3 guys couldn't block him. The guy is a monster. I've never seen a team get so much pressure with just a 3 man rush. Eli will have to move around the pocket and get the ball out quick.

swimeasy
01-26-2012, 01:17 PM
They won't.
I watched the entire Ravens/Pats game.
3 guys couldn't block him. The guy is a monster. I've never seen a team get so much pressure with just a 3 man rush. Eli will have to move around the pocket and get the ball out quick.

Agreed.<font size="2">

Super Bowl Predictions 2012: Vince Wilfork's MVP Performance Will Carry Patriots:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1038318-super-bowl-predictions-2012-vince-wilforks-mvp-performance-will-carry-patriots
</font>

dezzzR
01-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Not to worried about Wilfork vs the pass. Eli has done very well finding receivers when hes forced out side the pocket. Even if he does get to Eli, Eli will brush it off and bounce right back. Wilfork getting good penetration against the run game is a cause for some concern but Giants should be fine against him as long as they stay out of 3rd and shorts.

JJC7301
01-26-2012, 01:27 PM
They won't. I watched the entire Ravens/Pats game. 3 guys couldn't block him. The guy is a monster. I've never seen a team get so much pressure with just a 3 man rush. Eli will have to move around the pocket and get the ball out quick.

Agreed.<FONT size=2>

Super Bowl Predictions 2012: Vince Wilfork's MVP Performance Will Carry Patriots:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1038318-super-bowl-predictions-2012-vince-wilforks-mvp-performance-will-carry-patriots
</FONT></P>

If he's really that unstoppable, how come I don't remember all that much pressure on Eli in SB 42? The guy IS a great player, but what did he do to us in SB 42 and in the game this regular season? I'm not being a wise guy, but I just don't remember him accomplishing all that much against us. Am I wrong?</P>

ny06
01-26-2012, 01:37 PM
They won't. I watched the entire Ravens/Pats game. 3 guys couldn't block him. The guy is a monster. I've never seen a team get so much pressure with just a 3 man rush. Eli will have to move around the pocket and get the ball out quick.

Agreed.<FONT size=2>

</FONT></P>

If he's really that unstoppable, how come I don't remember all that much pressure on Eli in SB 42? The guy IS a great player, but what did he do to us in SB 42 and in the game this regular season? I'm not being a wise guy, but I just don't remember him accomplishing all that much against us. Am I wrong?</P>

</P>

Did you read the article? </P>

If not I'll save you the headache, the author made this statement. Try not to laugh out loud. </P>

"<SPAN style="mso-ansi-language: EN" lang=EN>The Giants are not lacking for talent on the defensive line. Jason Pierre-Paul, Osi Umenyiora and Justin Tuck might be the best defensive end trio in the NFL. </SPAN><SPAN style="mso-ansi-language: EN" lang=EN><U>The difference between those three and Wilfork is that they are one-dimensional players</U>"</SPAN></P>

<SPAN style="mso-ansi-language: EN" lang=EN>Maybe Osi is not the best against the run, but Tuck and JPP are one of the best d-ends in the league at stopping the run. </SPAN></P>

Now speaking of Wilfork, the guy is a beast. He gave fits to the Ravens offense last week, he was in the backfield all game. </P>

I bet the Giants will devise a game plan to n<SPAN style="mso-ansi-language: EN" lang=EN>eutralize Wilfork. Make the big man have to run laterally. Get him off his feet. </SPAN></P>

buddy33
01-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Well they handled him this year already, but they had Boothe in the game instead of Baas.

CDN_G-FAN
01-26-2012, 01:42 PM
They won't. I watched the entire Ravens/Pats game. 3 guys couldn't block him. The guy is a monster. I've never seen a team get so much pressure with just a 3 man rush. Eli will have to move around the pocket and get the ball out quick.</P>

when did any of us ever think the key to beating the patriots would be dealing with wilfolk instead of brady?</P>

but that's totally it.</P>

the way the 3-4 defense is designed if you can't handle the nose, you're in huge trouble. </P>

they know that if we're struggling to handle wilfolk we'll be looking for quick passes and screens and running away from him, blah blah blah.</P>

we simply need to do a better job with him than the Ravens did.</P>

</P>

</P>

swimeasy
01-26-2012, 01:43 PM

Agreed.<font size="2">

</font></p>

If he's really that unstoppable, how come I don't remember all that much pressure on Eli in SB 42? The guy IS a great player, but what did he do to us in SB 42 and in the game this regular season? I'm not being a wise guy, but I just don't remember him accomplishing all that much against us. Am I wrong?</p>

Not sure the 07 Oline can be compared to this year's Oline. Like our defense, Pats defense has also improved in the playoffs. He will have to be accounted for when he is on the field, especially if we hope to have some semblance of a running game. I do trust they will have some special game planning for him, but will come down to execution. He is a key reason I have been keeping any overconfidence I might have in check.

Kruunch
01-26-2012, 01:47 PM
While Wilfork played out of his mind against the Ravens, keep in mind that that was probably the best I've ever seen him play.

The Pats defense is definitely playing better but it's not remotely close to what we just faced with the 49ers.

Wilfork will be disruptive but I don't think he will be a game changer come Feb 5th.

CDN_G-FAN
01-26-2012, 01:49 PM

Agreed.<FONT size=2>

</FONT></P>

</P>

you're not wrong, but people were and are saying the same thing about our offense and defense from the regular season compared to the playoffs.</P>

but our defense is clearly better and will kick you in the teeth, as GB and SF and ATL found out.</P>

Same think with Wilfork.</P>

Maybe wilfork has been nuring an injury and now he's better, maybe his old lady and him made up and he's got balance in his personal life, maybe he plans on retiring after this year.</P>

whatever it is, he was unbelievable against the ravens, unbelievable against the broncos and i would say i like their interior lines ALOT better than i like ours.</P>

we just need to do a better job dealing with him, because all of the low hanging fruit solutions (Screens, quick passes run to the outside) will be gameplanned for by BB. Count on it.</P>

</P>

M0rbid
01-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Giants Oline already faced a much better defensive line, the 49'ers. There's nothing to worry about.

freeoscar
01-26-2012, 02:40 PM
the Giants actually ran decently against the patriots in the regular season - and that's without Bradshaw. Jacobs was 18/72, and they had over 100 total. I'd sign up for that right now.

JJC7301
01-26-2012, 02:45 PM

Agreed.<FONT size=2>

</FONT></P>

</P>

you're not wrong, but people were and are saying the same thing about our offense and defense from the regular season compared to the playoffs.</P>

but our defense is clearly better and will kick you in the teeth, as GB and SF and ATL found out.</P>

Same think with Wilfork.</P>

Maybe wilfork has been nuring an injury and now he's better, maybe his old lady and him made up and he's got balance in his personal life, maybe he plans on retiring after this year.</P>

whatever it is, he was unbelievable against the ravens, unbelievable against the broncos and i would say i like their interior lines ALOT better than i like ours.</P>

we just need to do a better job dealing with him, because all of the low hanging fruit solutions (Screens, quick passes run to the outside) will be gameplanned for by BB. Count on it.</P>

</P>

</P>

I agree that he's a beast and I'm not discounting him, but I believe we'll be able to handle him enough to at least keep the passing game healthy -- even though our o-line is not as good as in '07. We ran OK against the Pats earlier this year, but their D has probably improved since then. </P>

No matter what, I believe that BB will be dialing up blitzes trying to keep our passes short.</P>

GameTime
01-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Giants Oline already faced a much better defensive line, the 49'ers. There's nothing to worry about.
</P>

come on man...you watch football....</P>

there is never "nothing" to worry about,,,,</P>

he needs to be accounted for.....</P>

JJC7301
01-26-2012, 02:48 PM

Agreed.<FONT size=2>

</FONT></P>

</P>

Did you read the article? </P>

If not I'll save you the headache, the author made this statement. Try not to laugh out loud. </P>

"<SPAN style="mso-ansi-language: EN" lang=EN>The Giants are not lacking for talent on the defensive line. Jason Pierre-Paul, Osi Umenyiora and Justin Tuck might be the best defensive end trio in the NFL. </SPAN><SPAN style="mso-ansi-language: EN" lang=EN><U>The difference between those three and Wilfork is that they are one-dimensional players</U>"</SPAN></P>

<SPAN style="mso-ansi-language: EN" lang=EN>Maybe Osi is not the best against the run, but Tuck and JPP are one of the best d-ends in the league at stopping the run. </SPAN></P>

Now speaking of Wilfork, the guy is a beast. He gave fits to the Ravens offense last week, he was in the backfield all game. </P>

I bet the Giants will devise a game plan to n<SPAN style="mso-ansi-language: EN" lang=EN>eutralize Wilfork. Make the big man have to run laterally. Get him off his feet. </SPAN></P>

</P>

Did you read the writer's bio? He's a 49ers fan. Normally I would believe that a writer is perfectly capable of objectivity, but with all the nonsense that has been said during these playoffs I'm not believing in other peoples' objectivity the rest of these playoffs. That doesn't mean that Wilfork isn't a beast, but just his insane comments that Tuck and JPP are one dimensional. And while Osi may strictly be a pass rusher, he's the best damn ball-stripping DE that I've ever seen.</P>

SweetZombieJesus
01-26-2012, 02:52 PM
Hmm, has anybody analyzed the Packer game with an eye on BJ Raji?

GameTime
01-26-2012, 02:53 PM
</P>

Who?...Raji?</P>

did he play?.....</P>

Kruunch
01-26-2012, 03:00 PM

Raji had an absolutely horrible season. Losing Cullen Jenkins apparently took a little of the shine off of him.

JJC7301
01-26-2012, 03:00 PM
the Giants actually ran decently against the patriots in the regular season - and that's without Bradshaw. Jacobs was 18/72, and they had over 100 total. I'd sign up for that right now.</P>

18/72? Ugh. I hear you because that's actuallya 4.0 YPC, but we need to improve our o-line and RB corp to get back up to something like 125 yards a game again. I wish we could have had Earth, Wind, &amp;Fire for a few more years.</P>

RoanokeFan
01-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Just what the title says, how do you think the o-line deals with Wilfork? He looks to be a major problem.

He can be a major problem as have other players on other teams we've played. But we will come up with a solution which may include keeping Jacobs in the backfield as a stop gap. One interesting piece of information I heard on SIRIUS this morning is that Wilfork is tied with a few other Patriots' players for second in interceptions (2).

Kruunch
01-26-2012, 03:03 PM

He can be a major problem as have other players on other teams we've played.* But we will come up with a solution which may include keeping Jacobs in the backfield as a stop gap.* One interesting piece of information I heard on SIRIUS this morning is that Wilfork is tied with a few other Patriots' players for second in interceptions (2).

I would think we'll just slide the line here and there.

GameTime
01-26-2012, 03:09 PM

He can be a major problem as have other players on other teams we've played. But we will come up with a solution which may include keeping Jacobs in the backfield as a stop gap. One interesting piece of information I heard on SIRIUS this morning is that Wilfork is tied with a few other Patriots' players for second in interceptions (2).
I would think we'll just slide the line here and there.</P>

Giants wont do it but maybe a little no huddle to tire him out a bit.</P>

Speaking ofno huddle I can see the Pats doing that during this game for sure. </P>

RoanokeFan
01-26-2012, 03:16 PM

I would think we'll just slide the line here and there.

They will come up with a scheme to deal with him.

BillTheGreek
01-26-2012, 03:19 PM
Wilfork's like a Brick Wall you can not go through him ! You have to run away from him, On the opposite side of the field, By the 2nd half he will be out of breath, thats when you finish the Patsies off.

NYGRealityCheck
01-26-2012, 06:30 PM
RB chips/additional block, bootleg, screen, etc...

Don't get me wrong Wilfork will be a force to be reckoned with.

SackingMyths
01-26-2012, 06:43 PM
I'm confident that our coaches will be able to watch the tape and see the same thing that everybody saw.

Plus, this will be the 4th time we've played against Wilfork in a meaningful game. It's not like last week was an eye-opener to the coaching staff.

Speed rushers scare me more and NE is sorely lacking in that department, from what I've seen.

heavyhitter
01-26-2012, 08:04 PM
Just what the title says, <font size="3">how do you think the o-line deals with Wilfork</font>? He looks to be a major problem.<font size="2">As best as they can. Its amazing a guy that big can move the way he does. He'll definitely be a factor in the SB &amp; the Giants have got to double up and contain this guy.</font>