PDA

View Full Version : Cristobal Rutgers?

Redeyejedi
01-26-2012, 02:07 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7505668/tampa-bay-buccaneers-close-hiring-rutgers-scarlet-knights-greg-schiano-coach-sources-say

I like Schiano but this is a weird hire

Redeyejedi
01-26-2012, 02:19 PM
Schiano turned down some real good college jobs couldnt pass this 1 up

giantyankee1976
01-29-2012, 02:01 PM
I don't like it.

I think he had a real chance to continue to put the Knights on the map.

I think he was a great fit for R.U.

And to go to the Bucs?

I think "weird" is too polite.

Head-scratcher to me.

Redeyejedi
01-29-2012, 02:10 PM
I don't like it.

And to go to the Bucs?

Head-scratcher to me.
he could of stayed there banking 2.5 million a year for the rest of his life.Now he goes to the NFL and is fired in 2 years. Will go to another high profile college and be run out of town if he doesnt win immediately

giantyankee1976
01-29-2012, 02:16 PM
]he could of stayed there banking 2.5 million a year for the rest of his life.Now he goes to the NFL and is fired in 2 years. Will go to another high profile college and be run out of town if he doesnt win immediately

precisely

he could have been a local-god in NJ

Redeyejedi
01-29-2012, 02:38 PM
]he could of stayed there banking 2.5 million a year for the rest of his life.Now he goes to the NFL and is fired in 2 years. Will go to another high profile college and be run out of town if he doesnt win immediately

precisely

he could have been a local-god in NJ
He would of won the Big East with that projected class in a year.I like the Freshman they had this year. Now they will be forever losers again

NYG4ME
01-29-2012, 02:49 PM
Who did RU get to replace Schiano?

Redeyejedi
01-29-2012, 04:09 PM
Who did RU get to replace Schiano?
Actually Pat Flaherty Giants Oline coach is a serious candidate .
Temple coach Steve Addazio, FIU coach Mario Cristobal are the others

Redeyejedi
01-30-2012, 02:47 PM
Looks like Mario Cristobal will be the New Rutgers Head coach.outstanding hire if it gets done maybe he can keep some of these recruits

T-Diddy
01-30-2012, 03:13 PM
I don't like it.

And to go to the Bucs?

Head-scratcher to me.
Rutgers on the map?really? I live 10 minutes from the stadium and golf and womens volleyball is talked about more than rutgers football.......guy had a shot at the nfl and u want him to stay at rutgers?no way........no way

Redeyejedi
01-30-2012, 05:38 PM
Cristobal not coming and Rutgers sucks again

giantyankee1976
01-30-2012, 09:37 PM
Rutgers on the map?really? I live 10 minutes from the stadium and golf and womens volleyball is talked about more than rutgers football.......guy had a shot at the nfl and u want him to stay at rutgers?no way........no way

Ok, my point is/ was that History shows that most of the time a College Coach jumping to the NFL typically ends disastrously.

Rutgers had been a blip, that's all. But the relative, that is relative, success that Schiano had with them in a span of what? 4 or 5 years (Bowl Games) could have been the start to something big.

With all the conference re-structuring and what not, in some ways the Big East was open game. (though there are some rumors to joining the ACC)

anyway, I think Schiano going to TB is a mistake.