PDA

View Full Version : Pats press claims G-men Head-shots

vinylord
01-26-2012, 02:09 PM
While checking in on my Red Sox and Celtics news today, I spot the claim by Peter Abraham that "there is a "report" that the Giants were looking to take head-shots on the Cram Francisco fumbler, Williams because he has a "history of concussions". Well, that's the first I've heard of it. I watched that game and didn't see anybody make any "head shots" the whole game. To me it is yellow journalism to report such crap without a source, however: if there was no such plot, it certainly shows the G-men are already in the heads of the Pitty-pats. The Celtics have a master of psych-out in Kevin Garnet, who will upset your usual game with a few well-placed instigations.....so has anybody seen any actual evidence of this behavior - or is the fear the only evidence?

GameTime
01-26-2012, 02:14 PM
Tuck and Boley were already asked these questions and their answers were that they knew he has issues with effects of concussions an they wanted to put "a lot of hats" on him because he may be not as comfortable with it as Ted Ginn may have been. But they both firmly denied that there was any intent to hit Williams in the head on purpose. They both said its never an intent to purposely hurt another player.

Redeyejedi
01-26-2012, 02:15 PM
They attacked a player they thought may be trying to protect himself instead of the ball and they were right, Good coaching

JJC7301
01-26-2012, 02:25 PM
While checking in on my Red Sox and Celtics news today, I spot the claim by Peter Abraham that "there is a "report" that the Giants were looking to take head-shots on the Cram Francisco fumbler, Williams because he has a "history of concussions". Well, that's the first I've heard of it. I watched that game and didn't see anybody make any "head shots" the whole game. To me it is yellow journalism to report such crap without a source, however: if there was no such plot, it certainly shows the G-men are already in the heads of the Pitty-pats. The Celtics have a master of psych-out in Kevin Garnet, who will upset your usual game with a few well-placed instigations.....so has anybody seen any actual evidence of this behavior - or is the fear the only evidence?</P>

It is yellow journalism. The original article in the New Yorker (I believe) said that the Giants said they were targeting the player with concussion problems. They were talking about hard (but legal) hits on a guy that if they can knock out, reduces SF to their 3rd backup on punt returns. They were not talking aboutshots to the head, but just trying toget clean hard shots on the guy.A smartass columnist in Bleacher Report (BR) links to it and writes his own article stating that the Giants were "head-hunting." It states in the BR columnist's bio that he is a Pats fan.</P>

The only thing that I can call this is slanderous. I believe that this article was meant to put some unfair attention on the Giants so that they zebras keep an extra eye out for something.</P>

I highly doubt that the Giants are in the minds of the Pats...they're just in the minds of the Pats fans.</P>

JMGGIANTS
01-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Agree and BTW there was not one head shot on Williams so I guess anything goes in news reporting these days?

M0rbid
01-26-2012, 02:29 PM
I'm guessing whoever reported that must be a bitter Giants hater. Just think about it, the 49ers got away with dirty hits throughout the season and the playoffs, AND NO HAS MENTIONED IT.

MattMeyerBud
01-26-2012, 02:32 PM
While checking in on my Red Sox and Celtics news today, I spot the claim by Peter Abraham that "there is a "report" that the Giants were looking to take head-shots on the Cram Francisco fumbler, Williams because he has a "history of concussions". Well, that's the first I've heard of it. I watched that game and didn't see anybody make any "head shots" the whole game. To me it is yellow journalism to report such crap without a source, however: if there was no such plot, it certainly shows the G-men are already in the heads of the Pitty-pats. The Celtics have a master of psych-out in Kevin Garnet, who will upset your usual game with a few well-placed instigations.....so has anybody seen any actual evidence of this behavior - or is the fear the only evidence?

Giants said the goal was to hit him hard because he has a history of concussions

NFL reviewed and found nothing illegal - its football. Attacking an injury is common practice

Sash did get a nice hit on him earlier in the game

JJC7301
01-26-2012, 02:37 PM
I'm guessing whoever reported that must be a bitter Giants hater.
</P>

I think that the writer for the original article in what I believe was the New Yorker wasjust concerned about players who play who are apt to get concussed. I didn't like the way she made it sound as if the Giants had some nefarious plan to get after some handicapped kid, but she didn't mention head hunting. It was the idiot columnist in Bleacher Report who, with no justification at all, said that the Giants were going for head shots based off of that original article which he linked to.</P>

The guy is absolutely a Giant hater. There's no other reason for it because there was no possible way to extrapolate "head hunting" from the original article, and the original article misunderstood the Giants in the first place.</P>

This whole false accusation has really pissed me off. If the 49ers had literally said that they were headhunting players, everyone would have said, "Whoa, these guys are real tough. They're looking to lay the wood" as ESPN would show replay after replay after replay of some non-49er having his head ripped off and Deion Sanders saying, "Woop, if you can't take the hits, don't play the game, son." What crap. These idiots are trying to bring our classy organization down into the mud with the other crappy organizations.</P>

MattMeyerBud
01-26-2012, 02:40 PM
</p>

I think that the writer for the original article in what I believe was the New Yorker wasjust concerned about players who play who are apt to get concussed. I didn't like the way she made it sound as if the Giants had some nefarious plan to get after some handicapped kid, but she didn't mention head hunting. It was the idiot columnist in Bleacher Report who, with no justification at all, said that the Giants were going for head shots based off of that original article which he linked to.</p>

The guy is absolutely a Giant hater. There's no other reason for it because there was no possible way to extrapolate "head hunting" from the original article, and the original article misunderstood the Giants in the first place.</p>

This whole false accusation has really pissed me off. If the 49ers had literally said that they were headhunting players, everyone would have said, "Whoa, these guys are real tough. They're looking to lay the wood" as ESPN would show replay after replay after replay of some non-49er having his head ripped off and Deion Sanders saying, "Woop, if you can't take the hits, don't play the game, son." What crap. These idiots are trying to bring our classy organization down into the mud with the other crappy organizations.</p>

if anybody considers beleacherreport as a valid sports reporting website should be kicked in the nuts.

They make rumor mills look credible and yahoo look like they have actual sports writers

nihan87
01-26-2012, 02:49 PM
Bleacher Reports Reporters are garbage. They'll write anything to stir up controversey.

lilredk
01-26-2012, 02:59 PM
The NFL has already stated that the Giants were cleared of any accusations of head hunting with Williams...Why continue with the issue??

JJC7301
01-26-2012, 03:05 PM
</P>

I think that the writer for the original article in what I believe was the New Yorker wasjust concerned about players who play who are apt to get concussed. I didn't like the way she made it sound as if the Giants had some nefarious plan to get after some handicapped kid, but she didn't mention head hunting. It was the idiot columnist in Bleacher Report who, with no justification at all, said that the Giants were going for head shots based off of that original article which he linked to.</P>

The guy is absolutely a Giant hater. There's no other reason for it because there was no possible way to extrapolate "head hunting" from the original article, and the original article misunderstood the Giants in the first place.</P>

This whole false accusation has really pissed me off. If the 49ers had literally said that they were headhunting players, everyone would have said, "Whoa, these guys are real tough. They're looking to lay the wood" as ESPN would show replay after replay after replay of some non-49er having his head ripped off and Deion Sanders saying, "Woop, if you can't take the hits, don't play the game, son." What crap. These idiots are trying to bring our classy organization down into the mud with the other crappy organizations.</P>

if anybody considers beleacherreport as a valid sports reporting website should be kicked in the nuts.

They make rumor mills look credible and yahoo look like they have actual sports writers
</P>

I don't read their articles. I just check out the draft predictions.</P>

TuckYou
01-26-2012, 03:08 PM
Its football. I bet the Giants want to put as many hits on Brady as possible... And they will. </P>

He is going to be shook!</P>