PDA

View Full Version : It really hasn't sunk in yet........or has it?

BlueJayC
01-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Was BS'ing with my buddy pre-game during the Pats/Ravens battle and we were both saying that it really hasn't sunk in yet......that is I don't thinkour brains (or lack thereof) fully digested the fact that this team was still playing at this time of year and for the NFC Championship no less....and now in two weeks the Super Bowl. Feels kind of surreal. Anyone else feel the same way? Have you been able to wrap your head around this yet?</P>

Not suremy mind willgrasp the magnitude ofanother big game or the situation the Giants are in till just before kickoff or till after the W or God forbid L......it's all kind of been a blur with the last thing I remember being a hole I punched in my wall while Dez Bryant was Salsa'ing in the endzone in Dallas.....the Washington game was SHOCK &amp; DISGUST.....the Jets game was ELATION......the DAL home game was DOMINATION.....the ATL blowout was PERFECT......the GB game was DISBELIEF.....and the SF game was a HEART ATTACK......following the SF game for a very brief moment (2-3 minutes) once my heart finally settled I just sat back in a chair while everyone around me was celebrating and just tried to enjoy the moment......and then poof it was gone.....and it was all about the next big game......frickin roller coaster ride.......</P>

Just trying to figure out when this feeling will fully set in and when we can look back in retrospect and actually enjoy thisride.....I'm still walking around like a zombie......</P>

GameTime
01-26-2012, 01:24 PM
I hear you...</P>

the more I watch ESPN and the NFL network while also coming on here. Its all adding up. I know its sinking in because as soon as the the sports shows whether it be TV or radiogo to basketball or the Austrailian Tennis Open I get pissed and change the channel looking for Giants and SB talk.....lol</P>

ashleymarie
01-26-2012, 01:35 PM
+1

JJC7301
01-26-2012, 02:19 PM
I hear you...</P>

the more I watch ESPN and the NFL network while also coming on here. Its all adding up. I know its sinking in because as soon as the the sports shows whether it be TV or radiogo to basketball or the Austrailian Tennis Open I get pissed and change the channel looking for Giants and SB talk.....lol</P>

</P>

YEAH, AGREED! I was PISSED off when I had to hear about Joe Paterno on Monday and Posada on Wednesday, and the Knicks sucking.</P>

After they beat Dallas, I believed. After they dominated the Falcs, I REALLY believed that we could do it -- that we would actually shock the Pack and then beat SF. Honestly just no doubt in my mind after we crushed the Falcs. And I have no doubt that we're going to be NE as well. We're finally playing up to the level of our talent.</P>

And yes, it's sunk in for me and I'm enjoying the ride.</P>

gumby742
01-26-2012, 02:22 PM
I think it'll be harder to swallow a loss in this year's SB then it would have been in 2007. We actually have a legitimate shot this year. Thus, I'm also a lot more apprehensive this tiem around.</P>

In 2007, I was expecting to be blown out of the water. So really, no pressure there.</P>

Kruunch
01-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Just enjoy and soak it all in while it's happening because 20 years from now, people will be talking about this time the way we talk about the 80s Giants.

Good times!

GameTime
01-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Just enjoy and soak it all in while it's happening because 20 years from now, people will be talking about this time the way we talk about the 80s Giants. Good times!</P>

wholly ****...</P>

I keep forgetting how long ago the 80s were...</P>

damn....[:(]</P>

FBomb
01-26-2012, 02:28 PM
I hear you...</P>

</P>

lol....this is EXACTLY what I go through!!!!</P>

GameTime
01-26-2012, 02:32 PM
I hear you...</P>

</P>

YEAH, AGREED! I was PISSED off when I had to hear about Joe Paterno on Monday and Posada on Wednesday, and the Knicks sucking.</P>

After they beat Dallas, I believed. After they dominated the Falcs, I REALLY believed that we could do it -- that we would actually shock the Pack and then beat SF. Honestly just no doubt in my mind after we crushed the Falcs. And I have no doubt that we're going to be NE as well. We're finally playing up to the level of our talent.</P>

And yes, it's sunk in for me and I'm enjoying the ride.</P>

</P>

I made the exception with Jorge though......[B]</P>

SweetZombieJesus
01-26-2012, 03:24 PM
No, I agree, I'm kind of shellshocked... More than in 2007. It's like a dream. It hasn't hit home yet. It probably won't until a month after it's all over.

gumby742
01-26-2012, 03:27 PM
I hear you...</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Haha same here. When i get back from work first thing i do is turn on the TV.</P>

Kruunch
01-26-2012, 03:31 PM
Just enjoy and soak it all in while it's happening because 20 years from now, people will be talking about this time the way we talk about the 80s Giants. Good times!</P>

wholly ****...</P>

I know right?

GameTime
01-26-2012, 03:32 PM
I hear you...</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Haha same here. When i get back from work first thing i do is turn on the TV.</P>

</P>

Yep....</P>

at the gym I have the NFLN or ESPN on the screen while doing the elip. In the car the radio is always on sports. Work is very slow this week so I have lots of time to venture to the boards here.</P>

All good when your team wins isnt it!!!!</P>

GameTime
01-26-2012, 03:34 PM

wholly ****...</P>

I know right?</P>

and 20 years from now I will be considered elderly......</P>

I guess its better then the alternative.....:)</P>

Is she Conan's wife?
01-26-2012, 04:19 PM
Just enjoy and soak it all in while it's happening because 20 years from now, people will be talking about this time the way we talk about the 80s Giants. Good times!

I can see it now:

"Grandpa, tell me again about the 2011 Giants".

"What would you like to know?"

"Golly, is it true that lots of people thought that Eli Manning wasn't that good until he won his second superbowl?"

"Yes child, some people just don't recognize talent without rings".

"And is it true that Victor Cruz was undrafted?"

"Yes".

"And when JPP sacked Tom Brady 12 times in the Superbowl, he was still figuring out how to play the game?"

"Yes, yes, now it's past your bedtime little one".

miked1958
01-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Just enjoy and soak it all in while it's happening because 20 years from now, people will be talking about this time the way we talk about the 80s Giants. Good times! I can see it now: "Grandpa, tell me again about the 2011 Giants". "What would you like to know?" "Golly, is it true that lots of people thought that Eli Manning wasn't that good until he won his second superbowl?" "Yes child, some people just don't recognize talent without rings". "And is it true that Victor Cruz was undrafted?" "Yes". "And when JPP sacked Tom Brady 12 times in the Superbowl, he was still figuring out how to play the game?" "Yes, yes, now it's past your bedtime little one".</P>

OMG that is AWESOME. LOL. love it just love it. great</P>

miked1958
01-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Was BS'ing with my buddy pre-game during the Pats/Ravens battle and we were both saying that it really hasn't sunk in yet......that is I don't thinkour brains (or lack thereof) fully digested the fact that this team was still playing at this time of year and for the NFC Championship no less....and now in two weeks the Super Bowl. Feels kind of surreal. Anyone else feel the same way? Have you been able to wrap your head around this yet?</P>

Not suremy mind willgrasp the magnitude ofanother big game or the situation the Giants are in till just before kickoff or till after the W or God forbid L......it's all kind of been a blur with the last thing I remember being a hole I punched in my wall while Dez Bryant was Salsa'ing in the endzone in Dallas.....the Washington game was SHOCK &amp; DISGUST.....the Jets game was ELATION......the DAL home game was DOMINATION.....the ATL blowout was PERFECT......the GB game was DISBELIEF.....and the SF game was a HEART ATTACK......following the SF game for a very brief moment (2-3 minutes) once my heart finally settled I just sat back in a chair while everyone around me was celebrating and just tried to enjoy the moment......and then poof it was gone.....and it was all about the next big game......frickin roller coaster ride.......</P>

Just trying to figure out when this feeling will fully set in and when we can look back in retrospect and actually enjoy thisride.....I'm still walking around like a zombie......</P>

</P>

I feel and agree with everything you have said in your Post from start to finish. Are hearts were pumping so fast they were coming out of our chests. but u are right, its hard to fathom that a team with that many injuries prior to and during a season, with a 2nd half schedule that TOUGH can still be playing football into feb for a shot at another SB title. WOW. </P>

I still have to pinch myself sometimes. </P>

Each one of those games was nail biting from start to finish. I was never comfortable in the Falcons or GBgame wanting even bigger leads then we had. </P>

NYG 5
01-26-2012, 04:33 PM
I think its sunk in faster. In 2007, the giants werent as flashy, and eli was a huge question mark. The patriots were invincible, and with all the turnovers and missed field goals in the packer game, winning felt really odd, and in the back of their minds, everyone was afraid BB the genius would find some genius way of cruising ahead of the giants. At that point, it didnt make much sense that the giants made it to the freakin super bowl with the way they fell into the playoffs finishing 4-4.

This time, it feels right. The giants convincingly beat the jests, then the cowboys, then the falcons, then the packers, then pulled out a win in the war of attrition in san fran. The giants were playing the best football at the end of the season, and have played the best football this postseason.

It feels right that theyre in, it makes sense. And with how good the giants are playing, and how average the cheats are playing, everyone should believe that they should win. They should win the way the packers won in 96, close game that gets broken open in the end. Or they could rape them the way the 49ers raped the chargers.

Really, should anybody have any doubt when the patriots are an even more unimpressive version of the 2000 giants, and the giants are playing like the 2010 packers?

miked1958
01-26-2012, 04:34 PM
But yea with all of that said. Their are 32 teams in the NFL and 30 are Eliminated. We are in the Final 2 and about to be the Final 1..I really Believe that and i am</P>

</P>

Still </P>

</P>

<FONT size=6>ALL IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</FONT></P>

BlueJayC
02-19-2012, 12:41 PM
<FONT color=#0000ff size=4>Finally set in!!!! WORLD EFFING CHAMPS!!!!!</FONT></P>

Hit me full force last night watching the Road to the Championship on MSG.....I was sitting there like a little kid giggling at all the highlights and completely lost it when they showed the celebration after the regular season Pats game with the team hoisting up TC......pumping my fists during the GB and SF highlights and still getting nervous during the clip of Brady's heave to the endzone.....what a ride.....fahking awesome!!!!!!!</P>

Enjoy it gents.....got 6 months of offseason ecstacy.</P>

condor63
02-19-2012, 01:13 PM
It will sink in when we see the Team wearing the Supebowl 46 Ring and the Team picture at the White House imo.