PDA

View Full Version : Even if we win this Superbowl

TuckYou
01-26-2012, 04:06 PM
I wont be as excited as I was in 2007. Not sure why. Maybe it was because it was a long time since I saw the Giants last win a superbowl last time (17 years) as opposed to just 4 years now? Or maybe because my hate for Boston sports teams and they were going for the perfect season and all that non sense. </P>

This superbowl run just doesnt feel as amazing as the last one. It still is awesome dont get me wrong, but just feels a tick lower on the awesome level then in 2007. The 49ers game was crazy,we beat the hell out of the Pack, ATL was a joke.I remember every day during this 2 week window in 07/08feeling like forever, I was drooling with anticipation for the big game.Now Im just like, eh, cant wait for the game and all, but I can watch our 07-08 run on dvd till then. No big deal. </P>

Anyone else feel like this? </P>

Also maybe the fact we were the biggest underdogs ever last time, and this time I see like 50-50 people picking us to win. </P>

gumby742
01-26-2012, 04:07 PM
I wont be as excited as I was in 2007. Not sure why. Maybe it was because it was a long time since I saw the Giants last win a superbowl last time (17 years) as opposed to just 4 years now? Or maybe because my hate for Boston sports teams and they were going for the perfect season and all that non sense. </P>

This superbowl run just doesnt feel as amazing as the last one. It still is awesome dont get me wrong, but just feels a tick lower on the awesome level then in 2007. The 49ers game was crazy,we beat the hell out of the Pack, ATL was a joke.I remember every day during this 2 week window in 07/08feeling like forever, I was drooling with anticipation for the big game.Now Im just like, eh, cant wait for the game and all, but I can watch our 07-08 run on dvd till then. No big deal. </P>

Also maybe the fact we were the biggest underdogs ever last time, and this time I see like 50-50 people picking us to win. </P>

</P>

I'm actually more excited this year because we have a legitimate shot. In 2007, let's be honest the Patriots beat us 9/10 times. I went into that SB fully expecting to get blown out.</P>

miked1958
01-26-2012, 04:09 PM

</P>

Um no, I think my family and I are going to go absolutely CRAZY.....</P>

TuckYou
01-26-2012, 04:10 PM

</P>

I'm actually more excited this year because we have a legitimate shot. In 2007, let's be honest the Patriots beat us 9/10 times. I went into that SB fully expecting to get blown out.</P>

</P>

eh, Id say 3 out of 5. But thats what made that one more fun to watch. The longer we hung in there, the more it was like "Holy SH!%, we could slay the gigantic fu&amp;%@# dragon!" This time its like, I almost half expect us to whoop some Brady ***.</P>

G-Man67
01-26-2012, 04:10 PM
it will be a different feeling, more a feeling of pure satisfaction, we will all be at peace knowing that we have a great QB, a great team, a great staff ... we will all be full of pride

whereas in 2007 it was more of a fairy tail ... more of a david vs. goliath and even though we know now that the big "upset" was really not much of an upset at all .... at the time the Pats did seem larger than life

nygsb42champs
01-26-2012, 04:11 PM
Every time you make it to the Super Bowl is a special run. I am just as pumped up now as I was in 2007.

NYG4ME
01-26-2012, 04:13 PM
Regardless. ALL Giants fans need to enjoy this. You never know when you'll be back here again, enjoy the hype and everything that leads up to the game, hopefully at its conclusion we'll be the last guys standing.

TuckYou
01-26-2012, 04:14 PM
Regardless. ALL Giants fans need to enjoy this. You never know when you'll be back here again, enjoy the hype and everything that leads up to the game, hopefully at its conclusion we'll be the last guys standing.
</P>

Oh, I 100% absolutely am. </P>

Maybe Im getting this feeling cause it is against the Pats again. I really was hoping it was the Ravens. I wanted to make up for that 2000 feeling.</P>

Giantsin04
01-26-2012, 04:20 PM

This superbowl run just doesnt feel as amazing as the last one. It still is awesome dont get me wrong, but just feels a tick lower on the awesome level then in 2007. The 49ers game was crazy,*we beat the hell out of the Pack, ATL was a joke.*I remember every day during this 2 week window in 07/08*feeling like forever, I was drooling with anticipation for the big game.*Now Im just like, eh, cant wait for the game and all, but I can watch our 07-08 run on dvd till then. No big deal. </P>

</P>

I'm actually more excited this year because we have a legitimate shot.* In 2007, let's be honest the Patriots beat us 9/10 times.* I went into that SB fully expecting to get blown out.</P>

9/10 ?? We lost by 3 in a closely contested game and the a month later, won by 3 in a closely contested game. What would make you think that NE would win 9 out of 10 times?

JJC7301
01-26-2012, 04:25 PM

</P>

It won't be AS exciting for me because SB 42 was all about beating a team going for perfection. Brady marches down in the 4th quarter to take the lead with 2-1/2 minutes left, and we answer with the winning TD with 34 seconds left. The D getting to Brady; Eli escaping the grasp and Tyree's helmet catch. </P>

I thought we had a good chance going into that game, but when we won it -- the way we won it -- was simply amazing. As soon as I got home from my friend's house (who was a Jet fan...I was feeling for the poor guy), I signed up on these boards because I could not go to sleep. I pulled an all nighter reading ESPN and watching highlights, and still made it into work the next morning.</P>

pj18
01-26-2012, 04:27 PM
I was thinking the other day what my reaction would be to winning the Super Bowl this time compared to four years ago. I really don't know how I would react. Obviously I'll be excited as hell, but I don't think I'll run around shaking and spraying beer cans like I did last time.

Honestly, I feel like this run has been more exciting than the last one. I feel more pumped after each win, I don't know why, but if they win the big one I just don't know what my reaction will be. I guess it depends how drunk I get.

gumby742
01-26-2012, 04:29 PM

</P>

</P>

eh, Id say 3 out of 5. But thats what made that one more fun to watch. The longer we hung in there, the more it was like "Holy SH!%, we could slay the gigantic fu&amp;%@# dragon!" This time its like, I almost half expect us to whoop some Brady ***.</P>

</P>

I'd probably wont' be as giddy as I was in 2007, that's for sure- should we win this year.</P>

THE_New_York_Giants
01-26-2012, 04:32 PM
I wont be as excited as I was in 2007. Not sure why. Maybe it was because it was a long time since I saw the Giants last win a superbowl last time (17 years) as opposed to just 4 years now? Or maybe because my hate for Boston sports teams and they were going for the perfect season and all that non sense. </p>

This superbowl run just doesnt feel as amazing as the last one. It still is awesome dont get me wrong, but just feels a tick lower on the awesome level then in 2007. The 49ers game was crazy,we beat the hell out of the Pack, ATL was a joke.I remember every day during this 2 week window in 07/08feeling like forever, I was drooling with anticipation for the big game.Now Im just like, eh, cant wait for the game and all, but I can watch our 07-08 run on dvd till then. No big deal. </p>

Anyone else feel like this? </p>

Also maybe the fact we were the biggest underdogs ever last time, and this time I see like 50-50 people picking us to win. </p>

</p>

I'm actually more excited this year because we have a legitimate shot. In 2007, let's be honest the Patriots beat us 9/10 times. I went into that SB fully expecting to get blown out.</p>

</p>

eh, Id say 3 out of 5. But thats what made that one more fun to watch. The longer we hung in there, the more it was like "Holy SH!%, we could slay the gigantic fu&amp;%@# dragon!" This time its like, I almost half expect us to whoop some Brady ***.</p>

</p>

I'd probably wont' be as giddy as I was in 2007, that's for sure- should we win this year.</p>
I'll probably crap my pants if we win.

idiotekniQues
i really don't see how this is any less special.

we were 7-7 and had to knock off 5 wins in a row to get here. it has been just as crazy of a run.

this is really special stuff.

bearbryant

This superbowl run just doesnt feel as amazing as the last one. It still is awesome dont get me wrong, but just feels a tick lower on the awesome level then in 2007. The 49ers game was crazy,*we beat the hell out of the Pack, ATL was a joke.*I remember every day during this 2 week window in 07/08*feeling like forever, I was drooling with anticipation for the big game.*Now Im just like, eh, cant wait for the game and all, but I can watch our 07-08 run on dvd till then. No big deal. </P>

</P>

I'm actually more excited this year because we have a legitimate shot.* In 2007, let's be honest the Patriots beat us 9/10 times.* I went into that SB fully expecting to get blown out.</P>

9/10 ?? We lost by 3 in a closely contested game and the a month later, won by 3 in a closely contested game. What would make you think that NE would win 9 out of 10 times?

Going into the 07 SB i felt we had a great shot at beating the " unbeatable" because of what we did to them 2 weeks before. No one else had come up with the game plan we threw at them; because no one had the horses we had and no one had the DC to use them properly. I always laugh when a patsies fan tells me about winning the 07 SB when a guy caught a ball on his head and I respond appropriately: " Oh, and the defense that squashed the team and brady all game long had nothing to due with the WIN, Eh?

I'm excited about beating these guys again, they're more arrogant then they were in 07 and thats not a good sign for the patsies: " Pride comes before a fall"!!! Go Giants!!!

MikeIsaGiant
01-26-2012, 04:34 PM
This year, no one expected us to go anywhere, I didn't expect this team to go anywhere this year as well.

I like this year a lot more, much more emotional roller coaster for me

NYBlue10
01-26-2012, 04:36 PM
I think this run was more satisfying because they were in playoff mode since week 16, and faced tougher competition, and won convincingly most of the times, so the haters and naysayers couldn't say it was a fluke or something.

As for the Super Bowl itself, it depends on how the game plays out, but I agree that it won't be as dramatic as the 2007 one, Manning to Tyree catch is unbeatable as far as miraculous plays go.

Not as exciting, maybe, but more satisfying, definitely.

But we have one more game to go.

G-Men Surg.
01-26-2012, 04:42 PM
I will always be as or more excited than the last one. Every each one has a magic of his own. I relate to them and remember how old I was, what was happening In my life at that time and moment and always brings a different warm feeling.

giantsfan420
01-26-2012, 04:43 PM
it depends. if this one goes as i expect it to, the 4th quarter will be merely a formality. i dont think the game will be in question late, as was the 07 superbowl. the way we won that, on the last drive, me and my whole family and friends were standing side by side like praying every play.

i do think that this season and run has been more special tho. in 07, the team seemed more consistent even with the stinkers. this season, the only constant has been eli. when the d finally showed up it proved that our team was just flat out better than the rest.

i think i'd be happier with this one. for eli, who still doesnt get the respect he deserves for that 07 run, for coughlin who still was put on the hot seat just 4 yrs from a title.

i dunno, i think i'll love em both in diff. equal ways.

i do tho think the 07 game will have had more drama. again, i just dont see NE being able to match our talent on both sides and i fully expect our offense to decimate their defense and our defense to make plenty of stops.

how lucky are we to even have this question? their are like 30 other teams that'd kill for just one run we had these last 4 yrs, we've been blessed with 2

ru_gmen55
01-26-2012, 04:44 PM

I kind of know what you're saying, but eh...it's still just as exciting for me. It may be even more "out-of-nowhere" than the 2007 run. I mean, when the Giants fell to 7-7, I figured they were pretty much done. Thankfully I was wrong.

I definitely think that you feel this way because, by Super Bowl standards, and how difficult it is to get to one, 2007 is still pretty fresh in all of our minds. That was definitely a run that felt "magical." Beating Dallas in Dallas after losing ot them twice...beating the "Great" Brett Favre in Lambeau in temperatures where Eli historically laid an egg...and then knocking off the undefeated Pats...it was just unreal. I definitely have felt that the Giants had a "good chance" at winning all of their games this season, INCLUDING the Packers game. I mean, I was confident in the Giants in 2007 after beating the Buccs, but I still thought our opponents had the edge. Boy was I wrong....they played their butts off...after they won that game in Green Bay where Tynes missed two FG's, and then practically sprinted onto the field for the third...a part of me just KNEW they were going to win it all.

With ALL OF THAT said, this run is still pretty damn nice. Revenge on two NFC teams, including a classic rival in San Francisco. Once again, we have never really been favored outside of the Atlanta game. Everything all just sort of came together on defense...I've never seen anything like it. I don't know what it is about this team, but they seem to play their best in the playoffs when they are dogs. It's crazy.

TuckYou
01-26-2012, 04:45 PM
I think this run was more satisfying because they were in playoff mode since week 16, and faced tougher competition, and won convincingly most of the times, so the haters and naysayers couldn't say it was a fluke or something. As for the Super Bowl itself, it depends on how the game plays out, but I agree that it won't be as dramatic as the 2007 one, Manning to Tyree catch is unbeatable as far as miraculous plays go. Not as exciting, maybe, but more satisfying, definitely. But we have one more game to go.</P>

They will all say this was a fluke too, and we shouldnt of been there. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. Excuses are already there. Kyle Williams blah blah blah... Also, I heard on ESPN the other day someone saying, "I dont want to take away from the Giants run, but they really got lucky down the stretch." The Jets were in a downfall, same with the Cowboys. The Falcons were just completely lost and shouldnt of been there, the Packers were rusty from having the bye week, the 49ers gave the game to the Giants with fumbles and the non Bradshaw fumble call was just wrong." I think it was a dude from 1st and 10 or something. Totally discrediting everything we did this year.</P>

I still hear people saying Eli isnt that great and he is only winnning because of the defense holding the Packers to 20 and blah blah blah. Some guys never will give Eli or the Giants credit, ever.</P>

Then they talk about 07-08 and "If Samual let the game go through his hands, easy INT." </P>

ru_gmen55
01-26-2012, 04:53 PM
I think this run was more satisfying because they were in playoff mode since week 16, and faced tougher competition, and won convincingly most of the times, so the haters and naysayers couldn't say it was a fluke or something. As for the Super Bowl itself, it depends on how the game plays out, but I agree that it won't be as dramatic as the 2007 one, Manning to Tyree catch is unbeatable as far as miraculous plays go. Not as exciting, maybe, but more satisfying, definitely. But we have one more game to go.</P>

They will all say this was a fluke too, and we shouldnt of been there. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. Excuses are already there. Kyle Williams blah blah blah... Also, I heard on ESPN the other day someone saying, "I dont want to take away from the Giants run, but they really got lucky down the stretch." The Jets were in a downfall, same with the Cowboys. The Falcons were just completely lost and shouldnt of been there, the Packers were rusty from having the bye week, the 49ers gave the game to the Giants with fumbles and the non Bradshaw fumble call was just wrong." I think it was a dude from 1st and 10 or something. Totally discrediting everything we did this year.</P>

I still hear people saying Eli isnt that great and he is only winnning because of the defense holding the Packers to 20 and blah blah blah. Some guys never will give Eli or the Giants credit, ever.</P>

Then they talk about 07-08 and "If Samual let the game go through his hands, easy INT." </P>

Fans of other teams would just LOVE to get "lucky" enough to defeat an undefeated team in the Super Bowl. The fact is, even if a game is swung by "one play", you can't very well blame an entire game on that one play. If a game is close, there are several reasons that contribute to that. People can say what they want about Kyle Williams....but the fact is that the 49ers couldn't move the ball for crap most of the game. They only had one first down in the entire game, and it wasn't even a meaningful first down. For me trying to focus on what the Giants did well to keep the game that close in the first place, that's what I choose to claim as the story of the game. Maybe that's just me being unable to remove my homer goggles...who knows.

ru_gmen55
01-26-2012, 04:55 PM

Fans of other teams would just LOVE to get "lucky" enough to defeat an undefeated team in the Super Bowl. The fact is, even if a game is swung by "one play", you can't very well blame an entire game on that one play. If a game is close, there are several reasons that contribute to that. People can say what they want about Kyle Williams....but the fact is that the 49ers couldn't move the ball for crap most of the game. They only had one first down in the entire game, and it wasn't even a meaningful first down. For me trying to focus on what the Giants did well to keep the game that close in the first place, that's what I choose to claim as the story of the game. Maybe that's just me being unable to remove my homer goggles...who knows.

I mean, we all remember Brady's reaction to Plax predicting 17 points or whatever for the Patriots in that game. He laughed it off because it just didn't seem possible...yet in reality, they allowed EVEN LESS than that. Say what you want about the miracles that took place in that game...the Giants deserved it. Screw the critics.

GmenFan1980
01-26-2012, 05:03 PM

LOL I dubbed it the excuse list :p

Excuse list:
1. jets offense sucks
2. romo hand hurt
3. Falcons are a dome team
4. packers were rusty
5. Kyle "bummer' williams

print and just tell everyone, You WISH you were as "lucky" as us :P lol.

dezzzR
01-26-2012, 05:11 PM
I wont be as excited as I was in 2007. Not sure why. Maybe it was because it was a long time since I saw the Giants last win a superbowl last time (17 years) as opposed to just 4 years now? Or maybe because my hate for Boston sports teams and they were going for the perfect season and all that non sense. </p>

This superbowl run just doesnt feel as amazing as the last one. It still is awesome dont get me wrong, but just feels a tick lower on the awesome level then in 2007. The 49ers game was crazy,we beat the hell out of the Pack, ATL was a joke.I remember every day during this 2 week window in 07/08feeling like forever, I was drooling with anticipation for the big game.Now Im just like, eh, cant wait for the game and all, but I can watch our 07-08 run on dvd till then. No big deal. </p>

Also maybe the fact we were the biggest underdogs ever last time, and this time I see like 50-50 people picking us to win. </p>No Im definitely still going to go crazy, but Im not nearly as excited as I was in 07 leading up to the big game. And the reason is because I need to see Eli raise the Lombardi over his head, as well as Coughlin and the rest of our Giants. Dont know why its different, maybe 07 spoiled me.

NWKEffectElement
01-26-2012, 05:28 PM
My family and friends almost put me in a padded room, but from post-draft 2007 until I said we would win SB42. Even when the Pats aquired Moss and Welker. Well the Vikings and Skins games that season gave me a little doubt it may have been heartburn.

This run is a little bit exciting to me. Never doubted the talent could do it, just to heart. With the way this team has fought over coming injuries and all, it feels even better.

TheBookOfEli
01-26-2012, 05:29 PM

It's called being used to winning Superbowls lol. Get used to it!

pjam84
01-26-2012, 05:51 PM
nope. don't feel like that. i will feel just as satisfied if we win this one, and i'm just as excited in my anticipation for the game.

you are right though that nothing will compare to '07. that was one of, if not THE biggest upsets in super bowl history...so i do see where you are coming from. but no, i'm just as thrilled to see my team in the super bowl this year as i was four years ago. and i'll be just as excited if they make it next year too.

jhamburg
01-26-2012, 05:55 PM

Right after SB42 I came to grips with the realization that it would be the high point of my life as a sports fan.

buffyblue
01-26-2012, 06:00 PM
If we win this SuperBowl I will enjoy it even more than SuperBowl XLII. The reason this one will be so much more special is because of the struggles and injuries of this NY Giants team and watching them come together and play to their potential.

This has been such a great season and all the “experts” counted us out. Heck a lot of the folks on here counted us out too but that is okay because Eli Manning carried this team till the defense came back. Antrell Rolle matured and became a leader. Justin Tuck publically faced his self doubts and he reached deep inside and became a great Captain.

We won SuperBowl XLII against an arrogant New England Patriots team thought they would trample NY Giants. This year is different. NY Giants are facing a New England Patriots team that takes us very seriously and will not underestimate us. Tom Brady and Bill Bellichek have been thinking about this rematch since they lost SuperBowl XLII. They will not underestimate NY Giants again and New England Patriots will bring it. Eli Manning and NY Giants will be ready. This run to SuperBowl has been harder and against better teams.

If we win SuperBowl XLVI it will be because NY Giants are finally playing to their potential and have become the team we all knew they could be and not because we were underestimated.

Go NY Giants.

I bELIeve.

GameTime
01-26-2012, 06:09 PM

</P>

you know what Bro....dont know if you were a fan back in the late 70's and early 80's maybe you were in the mid 90s. Of course there were worse times then the ones I mentioned but I wasntold enough back then to bea fan.What ever it takes to get yourself j***ed for this do it because never ever take a SB for granted. Could be a long time before they are there again. WE ARE GOING TO THE ****ING SUPERBOWL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Per SteveWeatherford....lol</P>

</P>

</P>

GiantFanWV
01-26-2012, 06:16 PM
Heck no!!! I spent my time at work today drawing the NY logo while on hold! lol I've got the Super Bowl on the brain right now! [:D]

FBomb
01-26-2012, 06:23 PM

</P>

I think you need help.</P>

RoanokeFan
01-26-2012, 06:30 PM

Also maybe the fact we were the biggest underdogs ever last time, and this time I see like 50-50 people picking us to win. </p>

You are one strange dude lol If you just consider how we've gotten to this point and that doesn't provide excitement, stop taking your BP meds [;)]

TuckYou
01-26-2012, 06:31 PM

</P>

you know what Bro....dont know if you were a fan back in the late 70's and early 80's maybe you were in the mid 90s. Of course there were worse times then the ones I mentioned but I wasntold enough back then to bea fan.What ever it takes to get yourself j***ed for this do it because never ever take a SB for granted. Could be a long time before they are there again. WE ARE GOING TO THE ****ING SUPERBOWL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Per SteveWeatherford....lol</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Very true. I was born in the early 80s. I remember the first superbowl cause my dad was watching it and I remember seeing 56 fly around, and pops told me he was going to be a legend when I got older. He was right. So really I became a fan because of LT. But really started folling when I was a bit older and understood what it was all about. I remember 91', and remember the first time I hated a team for next few years when the Cowboys were winning it all. It was on since then. 2000 was really tough for me, as all of you Im sure. Thats probably why 2007 was so special to me and such a huge deal, that, and the already mentioned Patriots perfect season, David vs Goliath. This one just seems like it ours so much more. </P>

Imdefinitely phsyched, just not as much as 2007. Maybe as we get closer to kickoff, my heart will start thumping out of my chest again, in fact, Im sure it will. </P>

We must beat those beanheads from New England. We must make their fans suffer, again, and really hate us once again.</P>

GO GIANTS!</P>

TheEnigma
01-26-2012, 06:47 PM
Guys, he said "as" excited, not that he wasn't :P

I do see where he's coming from and analyzing the teams back in 07 and looking at them now, the struggle isn't as great or really even in the same ballpark. The AFC is the weaker conference this year and you have to wonder how the Patriots would of done in the NFC. I mean, the AFC only had Roethlisberger and Rivers as other QB's worth being mentioned and they had down years. The NFC is loaded with good QB's and talented rosters.

The 2007 superbowl to me is like the first movie in a trilogy. The bad guy seemed like some unstoppable force and you were left wondering just how could the good guys pull this thing off. Was it really possible?

Now fast forward to the sequel here in the 2011 superbowl where we get the same enemy except this time he's not nearly as powerful or respected. Obviously, we could still lose but does this Patriots team have nearly the same intimidation factor like it did before? Not at all.

When it's all said and done, I think we're going to be looking at the NFC Championship game as the best one in this year's playoffs.

Now what I'm really looking forward to is wondering who will be the unsung hero for this game. We had Tyree and the infamous helmet catch in 07 and I have a feeling someone that we don't talk about much is going to make a splash somewhere.

Considering this is the last game for a lot of our future FA's here, I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Ross gets an INT or two. Perhaps Osi pulls out all the stops to show he still has lots left in the tank and ups his value?

Even if it isn't 2007, should still be exciting.

SanDiablo
01-26-2012, 07:11 PM
Personally, I don't want anything as dramatic as XLII. The NFC game had enough stress for one post-season. I hope we win this one with a comfortable lead. I want a 4th title and I want a parade. I don't care if it isn't as 'exciting' as the '07 run. We should all be grateful this is even happening.

lavar2
01-26-2012, 07:17 PM
If your not excited all that j***ed to go to the super bowl then you are spoiled as a fan. My grandpa as well as my great-uncles waited 40+ years for a title after the '56 season. Some teams have never even made a super bowl and many have never won. We are lucky and you never know what will happen next. We could not go again for another 20 or so years, who knows? Enjoy it cuz you never know when we'll get back. Right now were at a high point in this franchise's history but it only takes a few years and we could be back where we were in the mid 90's with Danny Kannell and Kent Graham under center. Enjoy this, I know I will.

egyptian420
01-26-2012, 07:20 PM
You never know, this could even be more epic than 07....who knows

Pierre-Paul
01-26-2012, 07:22 PM
I understand what the OP means. My brothers won't go to the game with me because they went to Arizona and they want it to be the only SuperBowl they ever go to. "How can it get any better than that?" Plus it costs a LOT of money.
I Really can't answer this original question until after the Superbowl. I don't remember the feeling of going into Super Bowl 42 as much as I will always remember the feeling when we went down the field for that final score to win it. Still thought Brady to Moss might win it somehow with less than a minute to go. When the game ended it was awesome! I couldn't sleep - as many of you. So after this is over, we will see how it feels. I think this is pretty sweet so far.

ebick
01-26-2012, 07:39 PM
My thoughts have been said in pieces by others here......in '07 I KNEW we would beat TB. I KNEW we would beat Dallas (I'm serious). But I figured that was the end of the road. Eli had not played well in the cold.....to go to Lambeau, in the freezing cold and beat Favre who must have been thinking about riding off into the sunset, trophy in hand, I figured no way.....that made that game special, but again, the undefeated Pats? End of the road. I was even so proud of the team for hanging in there and putting up a great fight, but when Brady drove down for that TD.......end of the road. We all know what happend next.</P>

This year, since the playoffs began, with each game I have said, "If the Giants don't beat themselves....they win". I believe that to be the case for SB. That's what makes it different for me.</P>

ebick
01-26-2012, 07:40 PM
My brothers won't go to the game with me because they went to Arizona and they want it to be the only SuperBowl they ever go to. "How can it get any better than that?"</P>

I'll go with you.</P>

Pksoze
01-26-2012, 07:42 PM
No I'm going to enjoy it...as the past 4 years have shown...that championship feeling can vanish very quickly. There are also a lot of haters at work and I'd love nothing more than to have them see my SB 46 hat.

GameTime
01-26-2012, 07:46 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Very true. I was born in the early 80s. I remember the first superbowl cause my dad was watching it and I remember seeing 56 fly around, and pops told me he was going to be a legend when I got older. He was right. So really I became a fan because of LT. But really started folling when I was a bit older and understood what it was all about. I remember 91', and remember the first time I hated a team for next few years when the Cowboys were winning it all. It was on since then. 2000 was really tough for me, as all of you Im sure. Thats probably why 2007 was so special to me and such a huge deal, that, and the already mentioned Patriots perfect season, David vs Goliath. This one just seems like it ours so much more. </P>

Imdefinitely phsyched, just not as much as 2007. Maybe as we get closer to kickoff, my heart will start thumping out of my chest again, in fact, Im sure it will. </P>

We must beat those beanheads from New England. We must make their fans suffer, again, and really hate us once again.</P>

GO GIANTS!</P>

</P>

all good man....Also before 07 they hadnt won it since 1990....thats a long strectch. The 2000 was a debacle I choose to forget. So since 07 its only been 4 years. The euphoria of 07 can still be felt and remembered. </P>

If you need help getting pumped up just watch the highlights of the 07 game and wish all that happens again. But its my bet you will be totally out of your mind come 6:29PM on February 5th 2012......[&lt;:o)]</P>

I know I will be</P>

</P>

yoeddy
01-26-2012, 07:55 PM
I'll be just as excited about winning this year as in 2007...but I know for sure that I'll be a lot more disappointed if we lose than had we lost in 2007...

byron
01-26-2012, 08:10 PM

</P>

9/10 ?? We lost by 3 in a closely contested game and the a month later, won by 3 in a closely contested game. What would make you think that NE would win 9 out of 10 times? Going into the 07 SB i felt we had a great shot at beating the " unbeatable" because of what we did to them 2 weeks before. No one else had come up with the game plan we threw at them; because no one had the horses we had and no one had the DC to use them properly. I always laugh when a patsies fan tells me about winning the 07 SB when a guy caught a ball on his head and I respond appropriately: " Oh, and the defense that squashed the team and brady all game long had nothing to due with the WIN, Eh? I'm excited about beating these guys again, they're more arrogant then they were in 07 and thats not a good sign for the patsies: " Pride comes before a fall"!!! Go Giants!!! I couldn 't agree with you more Bear some here need to go over o their board and do a little reading if they don't think they are arrogant...They are all around me here in Maine ...son and daughters of old time Giants fans who jumped ship in the 60's and 70's...they say the only reason we win anything is becauseour teamgotlucky...</P>

check the first post in this thread out</P>

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/890719-do-any-other-fans-feel-cheated-playoffs-giants-rematch.html</P>

</P>

I can't tell ya how much I want our boys to shut those ****s up!!</P>

</P>

Voldamort
01-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Just keep winning Giants fill that trophy case up,sorry bro it never get's old to me!

Pksoze
01-26-2012, 08:23 PM

</P>

9/10 ?? We lost by 3 in a closely contested game and the a month later, won by 3 in a closely contested game. What would make you think that NE would win 9 out of 10 times? Going into the 07 SB i felt we had a great shot at beating the " unbeatable" because of what we did to them 2 weeks before. No one else had come up with the game plan we threw at them; because no one had the horses we had and no one had the DC to use them properly. I always laugh when a patsies fan tells me about winning the 07 SB when a guy caught a ball on his head and I respond appropriately: " Oh, and the defense that squashed the team and brady all game long had nothing to due with the WIN, Eh? I'm excited about beating these guys again, they're more arrogant then they were in 07 and thats not a good sign for the patsies: " Pride comes before a fall"!!! Go Giants!!! I couldn 't agree with you more Bear some here need to go over o their board and do a little reading if they don't think they are arrogant...They are all around me here in Maine ...son and daughters of old time Giants fans who jumped ship in the 60's and 70's...they say the only reason we win anything is because*our team*got*lucky...</P>

check the first post in this thread out</P>

*http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/890719-do-any-other-fans-feel-cheated-playoffs-giants-rematch.html</P>

*</P>

I can't tell ya how much I want our boys to shut those ****s up!!</P>

*</P>

I read the thread most of the Patriots fans acted normally. The OP is an idiot or is subconsciously looking to justify a Patriots loss.