PDA

View Full Version : ESPN reporting that Gronk, Nicks & AB didnt practice

miked1958
01-26-2012, 05:43 PM
They were playing it up like it was a big thing. Maybe on the part of Gronk... I think they said Nicks nursing shoulder.. is that what he hurt when he went down in game? and AB foot. </P>

I think with the Gmen players its all more precautionary then anything to worry about. I am sure they will both be able to go full tilt by Feb 5th.</P>

Gronk may be another story with theankle lig issue</P>

MikeIsaGiant
01-26-2012, 05:44 PM
I bet all 3 go, especially Nicks and AB, doubt they're missing this game

bLuereverie
01-26-2012, 05:50 PM
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Most of the New York Giants returned to practice Thursday. Seven of them did not, including wide receiver Hakeem Nicks, center David Baas, running back Ahmad Bradshaw, cornerbacks Corey Webster and Will Blackmon and linebackers Chase Blackburn and Jacquian Williams. All seven were held out due to injury, but none is concerned about possibly missing the Super Bowl, which is 10 days away.

Jonathan Tisch, co-owner and treasurer of the team, was on crutches with a cast on his foot in the area where the injured Giants were at the start of practice.

Add Ann Mara to the list, but they'll all be ready for Indy.

Safety Tyler Sash has been cleared from tests for a concussion and went through a full practice. Williams is new to the injury report with a foot injury.

Defensive end Osi Umenyiora (ankle/knee) was limited in practice as part of his routine.

G-Man67
01-26-2012, 05:50 PM
well AB is biz as usual

Nicks shoulder is something to watch ... he will obviously play, but will it affect his ability to fully extend? .... you could see the way he went off that the shoulder needed to be popped back into place ... and altho he returned he was mostly a decoy after the injury

Gronk, well with things like high ankle sprain, ligament damage being tossed around ... that is a tough injury ... there is no way he would play in a non-do or die, regular season game, but you'd expect him to play ... he and NIcks will be shot up

THE_New_York_Giants
01-26-2012, 05:56 PM
Nicks will be fine. They are just giving him some rest. AB never practices except on friday because his feet are messed up.

miked1958
01-26-2012, 06:23 PM
well AB is biz as usual

Nicks shoulder is something to watch ... he will obviously play, but will it affect his ability to fully extend? .... you could see the way he went off that the shoulder needed to be popped back into place ... and altho he returned he was mostly a decoy after the injury

Gronk, well with things like high ankle sprain, ligament damage being tossed around ... that is a tough injury ... there is no way he would play in a non-do or die, regular season game, but you'd expect him to play ... he and NIcks will be shot up

I was a little worried about Nicks. We didnt even have him in the last game vs them now he may not even be at full strenth. Well such as it has been the whole season for the giants. 1 more win and they will all have the whole off season to rest injuries</P>

zimonami
01-26-2012, 06:35 PM
If AB practices, you have a scoop.
If Nicks had a slight dislocation it will take more than 1 week for him to get all his strength back in that arm. I'm guessing he'll be fine after 2 weeks.

NYGRealityCheck
01-26-2012, 06:43 PM
I think Nicks injured the shoulder, not really from diving for the catch, but the flying SF tackle into his shoulder right after the catch.
Hope he'll recover from that fully and be ready for the Superbowl.