PDA

View Full Version : Brian Billick just said on NFL channel.....

stormblue
01-26-2012, 08:31 PM
the Patriots think they can beat the Giants,
but the Giants know they can beat the Patriots.

that's his story and i'm stickin' to it !!

Razur
01-26-2012, 08:36 PM

True Dat !

JuneauBlue
01-27-2012, 02:04 AM
HA! Love It!

pj18
01-27-2012, 02:10 AM
That's right.

miked1958
01-27-2012, 02:17 AM

I like that saying.

jjj45
01-27-2012, 02:17 AM

that's his story and i'm stickin' to it !!Brian Billick: Suuuuper Genius has spoken!

/sarcasm

giantsfan420
01-27-2012, 02:30 AM
dont underestimate how significant that mentality can be. people like to talk about the mental edge NE has "because they want revenge" and completely ignore the fact that the giants KNOW that even without nicks and bradshaw, and a pretty poor showing, they can still beat NE.

Diamondring
01-27-2012, 02:33 AM
dont underestimate how significant that mentality can be. people like to talk about the mental edge NE has "because they want revenge" and completely ignore the fact that the giants KNOW that even without nicks and bradshaw, and a pretty poor showing, they can still beat NE.Forget about that poor showing we can still win stuff. I want the Giants to play very well.

giantsfan420
01-27-2012, 02:42 AM
dont underestimate how significant that mentality can be. people like to talk about the mental edge NE has "because they want revenge" and completely ignore the fact that the giants KNOW that even without nicks and bradshaw, and a pretty poor showing, they can still beat NE.Forget about that poor showing we can still win stuff. I want the Giants to play very well.

i meant in the week 9 matchup. i thought the offense played flat for the first half and the d had its lapses and we still won even with a redzone INT

i expect full out domination and all three phases to kick ***

barran21
01-27-2012, 04:25 AM
This is a different Pats team we are facing, the weight of 19-0 was probably too much and in some ways they choked, but this team is all about SUPERBOWL number 4, plus they are playing for Kraft's wife...

Go Giants....

BrianK
01-27-2012, 08:14 AM
Billick also picked the 49ers to win the nfccg......

CTLadyBlue
01-27-2012, 08:22 AM
This is a different Pats team we are facing, the weight of 19-0 was probably too much and in some ways they choked, but this team is all about SUPERBOWL number 4, plus they are playing for Kraft's wife...

Go Giants....

And we're playing for SB #4 as well and to seal Coughlin's job security. All that sentimental stuff means squat. Didn't help GB after Philbin's son died.

What we did or they didn't do in Week 9 means nothing. THEY are a different team now, but......so are WE. To say they choked under the weight of a perfect season is utter crap and a slap in the face to Spags who put together THE second best defensive showing since BB's plan for SB 25. If our defensive didn't rattle TB all day, they most definitely would've scored more points and won.

Please, enough with the excuses as to why we won other than it was because we outplayed them. It wasn't NE's choking about being perfect, it wasn't Aaron Rodgers being 'rusty' and it wasn't taking advantage of a rookie punt returner who suffered from concussions. The same can be said for a lot of other teams - pinning their win on other factors other than the fact that they played harder and earned it.

Really.....enough of this already

fletch842
01-27-2012, 08:33 AM

Go Giants....

And we're playing for SB #4 as well and to seal Coughlin's job security. All that sentimental stuff means squat. Didn't help GB after Philbin's son died.

What we did or they didn't do in Week 9 means nothing. THEY are a different team now, but......so are WE. To say they choked under the weight of a perfect season is utter crap and a slap in the face to Spags who put together THE second best defensive showing since BB's plan for SB 25. If our defensive didn't rattle TB all day, they most definitely would've scored more points and won.

Please, enough with the excuses as to why we won other than it was because we outplayed them. It wasn't NE's choking about being perfect, it wasn't Aaron Rodgers being 'rusty' and it wasn't taking advantage of a rookie punt returner who suffered from concussions. The same can be said for a lot of other teams - pinning their win on other factors other than the fact that they played harder and earned it.

Really.....enough of this already
Personally, I think we're in a great position heading to the big game. I like the way the team has come together, can't underestimate what the "all in" mentality has done for this team. Eli's playing great, really stepped it up this year, and guys are getting healthy. ALL IN BABY!!!!!!

blueomaha
01-27-2012, 09:04 AM
i think the NYG bandwagon is full.....

nygsb42champs
01-27-2012, 09:07 AM
Sounds good to me!!

jimsgints
01-27-2012, 09:57 AM
And with that quote alone, the spread should be Giants by 14.

stormblue
01-27-2012, 10:10 AM

actually , that's what it should be.
i can see the Giants winning by double digits.

gumby742
01-27-2012, 10:13 AM
actually , that's what it should be. i can see the Giants winning by double digits.</P>

I can do but I'm not thinking about it. I don't want to Jinx it. Every time i do get my hopes up or "expect" to win, the Giants lay an egg. I still remember the Browns game in 2008. 2008 was the one year when i started to feel really good about ourselves.</P>

Redeyejedi
01-27-2012, 10:24 AM
U see what Cuomo said

“Bet all your money on the Giants,” Cuomo advised Thursday when asked about next weekend’s Super Bowl rematch against the favored New England Patriots.

“I'll tell you what's interesting about the New England Patriots,” the Queens-born Cuomo told reporters at an Albany news conference.

“Isn't it interesting that no specific state identifies with the team?” he asked.

“New England, as in mid-Atlantic Chargers.”

“Why didn't Massachusetts say, 'It's our team?'

“Massachusetts Patriots. Vermont Patriots. New Hampshire Patriots. They all have semi-deniability, that's what I think this is.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/gov-cuomo-bet-farm-giants-article-1.1012720#ixzz1kfUENo5M

I think the Giants best is better then the Patriots best however games rarely play out that way.If the Pats get a bounce or 2 there way they could win the game. Still I see this game going a lot like the Packer game.With the Giants controlling it but the pats always just a play or a stop away. In the end they wont get it Giants 34 Pats 20

Ive thought the NFC is a better conference all year.For those Pats fans who may think this is just homer speak.I would of took any NFC Team in the playoffs except the Falcons to beat the Patriots.

stormblue
01-27-2012, 10:25 AM
actually , that's what it should be. i can see the Giants winning by double digits.</P>

I can do but I'm not thinking about it.* I don't want to Jinx it.* Every time i do get my hopes up or "expect" to win, the Giants lay an egg.* I still remember the Browns game in 2008.* 2008 was the one year when i started to feel really good about ourselves.</P>

yes , being a confident Giant fan is hard because of their propensity to lay an egg
on any given Sunday.

but this time i feel confident because i think
we can score 27 or more points on them.

i don't see them gettin' more than 17.

Razur
01-27-2012, 02:50 PM
U see what Cuomo said

“Bet all your money on the Giants,” Cuomo advised Thursday when asked about next weekend’s Super Bowl rematch against the favored New England Patriots.

“I'll tell you what's interesting about the New England Patriots,” the Queens-born Cuomo told reporters at an Albany news conference.

“Isn't it interesting that no specific state identifies with the team?” he asked.

“New England, as in mid-Atlantic Chargers.”

“Why didn't Massachusetts say, 'It's our team?'

“Massachusetts Patriots. Vermont Patriots. New Hampshire Patriots. They all have semi-deniability, that's what I think this is.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/gov-cuomo-bet-farm-giants-article-1.1012720#ixzz1kfUENo5M

I think the Giants best is better then the Patriots best however games rarely play out that way.If the Pats get a bounce or 2 there way they could win the game. Still I see this game going a lot like the Packer game.With the Giants controlling it but the pats always just a play or a stop away. In the end they wont get it Giants 34 Pats 20

Ive thought the NFC is a better conference all year.For those Pats fans who may think this is just homer speak.I would of took any NFC Team in the playoffs except the Falcons to beat the Patriots.

I live here in "New England". I have for years tried to argue this very point with my friends whom I have made here, and the best that I can come up with, as far as an explanation is security in numbers and revenue, in other words, if they were to go on as The Boston Patriots ( I think they were called that once upon a time), it excludes the neighboring north eastern states of New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont & Maine, and as far as marketing revenue...more money to be made by "including" a few more million people into the fanbase by using a name that represents a region as opposed to a city or state. The "identity" is that the surrounding states are a part of Boston.. the only real city ( by NYC definition) amongst all of them combined. And as most NFL teams are based near a city, it just made financial sense to ensure ticket & merch sales high volume . As fas as Pats fans even looking outside of their own helmets, let alone into the NFC, they have tunnel vision and most are not interested or capabable of analyzing or comparing their teams to anything in the NFC. They simply don't care,

stormin normand
01-27-2012, 03:28 PM
Oh yeah baby... All In
now it looks like All On... Our Band Wagon

giantyankee1976
01-27-2012, 09:07 PM
i think the NYG bandwagon is full.....

prolific words

To me either Team can win this game, the Pats are a professional Team. Make no mistake about it. They aren't sissy Nancy girls caught up in the emotions of the '07 letdown.

This game should be a slugfest.

I believe this will be a Game of the Turnover and Defense.

Nothing against Eli, but I think this Game depends heavily on our Defense putting in work.

Oh, and the OFFENSIVE LINE better figure their **** out with the quickness.

For Eli, Jacobs and Bradshaw's collective sakes !!!

plujo
01-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Sounds good. But the Giants must remember that there's a difference between KNOWING YOU CAN WIN, and actually winning the game.
Confidence is great. Respect for the opponent, and coming up with a great performance on game day are essential, too.

stormblue
01-29-2012, 12:35 AM
Sounds good. But the Giants must remember that there's a difference between KNOWING YOU CAN WIN, and actually winning the game.
Confidence is great. Respect for the opponent, and coming up with a great performance on game day are essential, too.

they have stayed very focussed so far.
there are 16 players with SB experience on this team for leadership to help keep them on track. the Pats only have 7 .....from a SB loss.

they're gonna perform very well.
you are going to shocked at just how one- sided this game is gonna be.