PDA

View Full Version : Where would you rank Corery Webster? This guy is the single most underrated player in the NFL

NYG4lifeNYK
01-26-2012, 08:41 PM
No not just CB probably the single most underrated <u>player</u>.

Webster is without question top 10 but I doubt if you asked people for their top 10 he wouldn't be mentioned.

For me Webster is probably around 6-10. Just not sure quite where he fits.

TheEnigma
01-26-2012, 08:45 PM
Not sure really where he ranks but all I know is that he had Crabtree entangled in his web last Sunday. :)

Gmen2005
01-26-2012, 08:47 PM
I'm pretty sure he's always on the top wide receiver. He has done pretty well this year. Overall the entire defense has improved which has helped him too.

chambro5988
01-26-2012, 09:02 PM
I know your a big Cweb fan and we are all Giants fan who love our team but if you try to look at it objectively Cweb is one of the best corners in the league. Every corner will have a day they get beat but look at Websters track record in big games. The tail end of 2007 and the end of this year he is a big game player. I still remember opening day I think two years ago when he flat out ABUSED Santana Moss, I think it was no more than 2 catches for 5 yard. We are truly blessed to have such a talented secondary. I know they didn't have a great regular season but they all came together at the right time and are playing their best ball. Rolle may be the vocal leader but Webster is the number one asset, with Phillips on his way up there as well

Eli TO Shockey
01-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Cweb is a VERY good CB. not to mention hes clutch. He morphs into a shutdown cornerback when the playoffs start. He was huge for us in 07 and hes been huge for us thus far. Worth every penny of his contract!

NYG4lifeNYK
01-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Cweb is a VERY good CB. not to mention hes clutch. He morphs into a shutdown cornerback when the playoffs start. He was huge for us in 07 and hes been huge for us thus far. Worth every penny of his contract!

I remember when people were complaining about C-Web's contract saying he was WAY overpaid LOL... then I made a topic saying we are lucky to have him for what he's being paid.

gmen0820
01-26-2012, 09:45 PM
List your top ten

Bluesmash
01-26-2012, 09:54 PM
Unless he makes an INT, I don't want to hear a c-back's name. I haven't heard his name much. So I know he's doing his job.

DragonSoul
01-26-2012, 09:55 PM
I was supporting him even in 07 when benched. So beat that hooch's. But he has been great. Still makes or has an occasional lapse, but is a tope tier cb no doubt. And I am happy to have him. Even ross steps his game up in the playoffs.

NFCEastBeast
01-26-2012, 10:01 PM
1. Revis

redjersies
01-26-2012, 10:09 PM
I know that Champ Bailey is good, because Peyton Manning said he was good (but, that was in a commercial...so I can't be sure). Anyway, I saw Corey Webster play in college against Eli. I was impressed by his play in college. He had tremendous energy...always jumping up and down and moving. He broke up passes, and if I remember correctly, had an interception or two when LSU played Ole Miss. Since that time I saw him, I always was impressed by him; and I was happy when I found out that the Giants had drafted him. I thought that the Giants got a steal with CWebb. I sometimes wonder if Eli had anything to do with Webster being drafted since CWebb was drafted a year or two later than Eli; I wonder if Eli told the coaches and scouts how hard CWebb was to play against; I don't know that for a fact, but I sometimes wonder. I sometimes wonder if NFL players talk with scouts about college players whom they have played against. Anyway, to sum it all up, I don't know where to rank Corey Webster, but I think he is a very good cornerback. I am happy we have him on our team.

JJC7301
01-27-2012, 01:22 AM
No not just CB probably the single most underrated <u>player</u>.

Webster is without question top 10 but I doubt if you asked people for their top 10 he wouldn't be mentioned.

For me Webster is probably around 6-10. Just not sure quite where he fits.

Word. He saved his Giants career just in time by all of a sudden "getting it" in time for the '07 playoffs.

He's been remarkably healthy over the past few years, which is good, because if we lost him we'd be screwed in the secondary.

bflo23
01-27-2012, 01:34 AM
Webster had a very good year this season. Giants had some bad games where the opposing QB threw a lot yards but they spreaded the ball around. I think Webster has had a solid season and held opposing WRs in check for most part.

Watch out for this beast (Prince Amukamara) with 3.7 sec in 40 yard dash speed though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93lapDjx2yw

calzonesays
01-27-2012, 02:44 AM
1. Revis

While Revis is great and the best corner in the league, a lot of his game is based on reputation. Now the whole "Revis Island" thing has made him able to get away with being more physical than other corners get. Plays where other CBs would get flagged for PI, they simply let him do what he wants.

bflo23
01-27-2012, 02:56 AM
1. Revis

While Revis is great and the best corner in the league, a lot of his game is based on reputation. Now the whole "Revis Island" thing has made him able to get away with being more physical than other corners get. Plays where other CBs would get flagged for PI, they simply let him do what he wants.

I disagree. When I do watch the Jets, he is impossible to shake off. He is constantly like a foot away from the WR and it doesn't matter whoever it is. He shuts down all the star receivers and all the time. I saw him have like 1 bad game in his career and that was against Stevie Johnson (bills).

THE_New_York_Giants
01-27-2012, 03:15 AM
1. Revis

I disagree. When I do watch the Jets, he is impossible to shake off. He is constantly like a foot away from the WR and it doesn't matter whoever it is. He shuts down all the star receivers and all the time. I saw him have like 1 bad game in his career and that was against Stevie Johnson (bills).

He didnt do too hot against the Giants this year either..

Itlan
01-27-2012, 03:23 AM
He broke up Nicks' TD, forced a pick, and held him to 1 catch for 20 yards.

How did he have a bad game again the Giants? Are you kidding me? He had 3 PDs in that game alone.

calzonesays
01-27-2012, 04:05 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/1z5s16o.png

and let's not forget the Revis vs. Marshall pick 6 where he definitely went PI on Marshall

DragonSoul
01-27-2012, 04:19 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/1z5s16o.png

and let's not forget the Revis vs. Marshall* pick 6 where he definitely went PI on Marshall
we have a winner.... While Revis is tops, he also gets the Brady and MJ rules...That makes you even better.

bLuereverie
01-27-2012, 08:50 AM
It's harder to start ranking CBs. They all have their respective strengths.

Asante Samuels was arguably the best CB last year in the Eagles system. This year, they made the best shadowing corner in Nnamdi look rather mediocre.

nygsb42champs
01-27-2012, 09:12 AM
He has been outstanding this year. He has always been on the other teams #1 WR and has done a very good job keeping them down.

FIFTY6G-MAN
01-27-2012, 10:53 AM
C-Web is an extremely talented back. Think about it this way, if he wasnt, would the coaches always put him against the best recievers of every team we play?? Bingo! I rank him at #6 or 7 this year.