PDA

View Full Version : quote from Sound FX NFC Championship NFLN

YATittle1962
01-26-2012, 10:02 PM
Carlos Rogers : "I cant cover no option route all day....like if I go inside the man go outside you know what Im sayin"

talking about Cruz

I love it

DragonSoul
01-26-2012, 10:05 PM
Carlos Rogers : "I cant cover no option route all day....like if I go inside the man go outside you know what Im sayin"

talking about Cruz

I love itthats what the ***** gets (karma) for his salsa

Lambeau12
01-26-2012, 10:10 PM
The Giants will probably be a dynasty in the NFC that is for years to come. I can see the Saints or you guys battling it out for years down the road.

jjj45
01-26-2012, 10:16 PM
The Giants will probably be a dynasty in the NFC that is for years to come. I can see the Saints or you guys battling it out for years down the road.We suck in the second half of regular season. And have a hard time making the playoffs. But once we get in, watch out!

TheEnigma
01-26-2012, 10:17 PM
The Giants will probably be a dynasty in the NFC that is for years to come. I can see the Saints or you guys battling it out for years down the road.Eh, I'm worried about the future of our OL honestly. If we don't get some picks right or get too many injuries, it could go sour real quick.

The Packers just had a down year mentally. You weren't as hungry for it. I'm sure that your mental strength will be increased next year.

Lambeau12
01-26-2012, 10:55 PM
Only one team we could have beat in the postseason and that was Atlanta, but not even sure if we could have beat them.

RagTime Blue
01-26-2012, 11:02 PM

talking about Cruz

I love it

Got a link?

jints10
01-26-2012, 11:05 PM
Eli and Cruz seem like they have been playing together for years even though its only been one. Ive never seen anything like it the trust they have in each other is unbelievable. They really must have gotten in some quality reps in Hoboken, its the only way I could possibly explain it.

JJC7301
01-26-2012, 11:07 PM
The Giants will probably be a dynasty in the NFC that is for years to come. I can see the Saints or you guys battling it out for years down the road.Eh, I'm worried about the future of our OL honestly. If we don't get some picks right or get too many injuries, it could go sour real quick.

The Packers just had a down year mentally. You weren't as hungry for it. I'm sure that your mental strength will be increased next year.
+1. The o-line REALLY needs to be addressed again this upcoming off-season. I thought they waited 1 year too long to start making some changes.

JMFP2
01-26-2012, 11:09 PM
Bradshaw (2nd Half @1:50+....following the Williams muffed punt)....</P>

"This is what we want, if we don't get it here, we're done!"</P>

Effing awesome intensity.</P>

Overdrive92
01-26-2012, 11:12 PM
Only one team we could have beat in the postseason and that was Atlanta, but not even sure if we could have beat them.

Honestly, you guys probably could've beaten anyone in the NFC except the Giants. The Giants were just the hot team nobody wanted to play. Just got caught at the wrong place at the wrong time.

JMFP2
01-26-2012, 11:14 PM
Carlos Rogers : "I cant cover no option route all day....like if I go inside the man go outside you know what Im sayin" talking about Cruz I love it

Got a link?
</P>

</P>

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx</P>

Lambeau12
01-26-2012, 11:20 PM

Honestly, you guys probably could've beaten anyone in the NFC except the Giants. The Giants were just the hot team nobody wanted to play. Just got caught at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Hopefully we dont see you guys next year especially in the postseason that is if we get there. If we play the Giants again were history.

Pierre-Paul
01-26-2012, 11:27 PM
I love the Cruz quote just before the rogers one... Walkin off the field apparently after he dove to teh ground rather than risking a hard hit and a fumble.."They not takin it from me ... they're not takin it from me..."
To me this says he got TC's message. Ball security is paramount. Who knows, maybe I am reading too much into this, but I don't think so. We didn't "get lucky", we took care of business better than the 49ers did.

Carlos Rogers : "I cant cover no option route all day....like if I go inside the man go outside you know what Im sayin" talking about Cruz I love it

Got a link?
</P>

*</P>

JMFP2
01-26-2012, 11:34 PM
I love the Cruz quote just before the rogers one... Walkin off the field apparently after he dove to teh ground rather than risking a hard hit and a fumble.."They not takin it from me ... they're not takin it from me..." To me this says he got TC's message. Ball security is paramount. Who knows, maybe I am reading too much into this, but I don't think so. We didn't "get lucky", we took care of business better than the 49ers did.</P>

Absolutely....this game came down to coaching, in my opinion.</P>

Harbaugh put the game in the hands of a kid who had a college reputation for reckless ball security.</P>

Coughlin obviously drilled it into the players' heads toprotect the ball, and gainyardage,in that order.</P>

YATittle1962
01-27-2012, 12:12 AM
I love the Cruz quote just before the rogers one... Walkin off the field apparently after he dove to teh ground rather than risking a hard hit and a fumble.."They not takin it from me ... they're not takin it from me..."
To me this says he got TC's message. Ball security is paramount. Who knows, maybe I am reading too much into this, but I don't think so. We didn't "get lucky", we took care of business better than the 49ers did.

Got a link?
</P>

*</P>

that was some passionate serious ****

miked1958
01-27-2012, 12:31 AM
Anyone notice that CWeb could not watch the winning FG.. Lol

Also we have all seen Cruz running on field after game. Now u can hear him screaming "whoooooo, whoooooo, whooooo We are going to the Super Bowl, we are going to the Super Bowl"

miked1958
01-27-2012, 12:33 AM
Also right after we tied game 7-7 did u see how mad Harbough was. Wow.

And Willis came off field and said "Aint gonna be easy, but we don't want it to be easy. A they didnt get here for no reason"

GiantWarfare
01-27-2012, 12:48 AM
much respect to Willis. That guy's not only a phenomenal player but a real humble guy and the obvious leader of his team...easy to root for guys like that.

DragonSoul
01-27-2012, 03:19 AM
much respect to Willis. That guy's not only a phenomenal player but a real humble guy and the obvious leader of his team...easy to root for guys like that.agreed

nygsb42champs
01-27-2012, 08:18 AM
That is a great quote.

SweetZombieJesus
01-27-2012, 09:02 AM
The Giants will probably be a dynasty in the NFC that is for years to come. I can see the Saints or you guys battling it out for years down the road.

That's what we thought after winning the SB in 2007 and going 11-1 in 2008. Plax shoots himself, the team goes 1-4 and loses in the first round at home as the #1 seed (I think you can relate), miss the playoffs at 8-8 the next year, miss the playoffs at 10-6 the year after that, and get back up the mountain this year at 9-7.

Really easy to fall down the mountain. Don't count your dynasties before they hatch... As it is I think getting to two bowls in 4 years is pretty good.

SweetZombieJesus
01-27-2012, 09:13 AM

Aaron Ross did the same on the punt returns.

I made the point to the 69er trolls -- Williams got numerous good returns for good field position so if ball security was important to them they just would have hit the deck like Cruz and Ross did. They didn't, so you can't complain about Jacquain knocking the ball out since you're greedy and want return yardage instead of ball security.

And Victor Cruz after the game winning field goal -- like a 5 year old boy on Christmas morning -- in nothing but a good way.

Voldamort
01-27-2012, 09:23 AM
Rodgers had no chance

whakka
01-27-2012, 09:40 AM
yeah cruz just made rodgers look bad. they better lock cruz up. anyone else think his early life love for dallas is unsettling? just freaks me out to think that maybe his dream is to play for dallas, and now that hes a top shelf receiver he can pretty much go where he wants. i hope he is loyal to the people that believed in him. thats just been on my mind lately, along with the o-line letting eli get hammered. reese has to get that o-line together or elis shelf life gets a lot shorter, and id like to see him play till hes 40 if at all possible.

swimeasy
01-27-2012, 09:46 AM
I love the Cruz quote just before the rogers one... Walkin off the field apparently after he dove to teh ground rather than risking a hard hit and a fumble.."They not takin it from me ... they're not takin it from me..." To me this says he got TC's message. Ball security is paramount. Who knows, maybe I am reading too much into this, but I don't think so. We didn't "get lucky", we took care of business better than the 49ers did.</p>

Absolutely....this game came down to coaching, in my opinion.</p>

Harbaugh put the game in the hands of a kid who had a college reputation for reckless ball security.</p>

Coughlin obviously drilled it into the players' heads toprotect the ball, and gainyardage,in that order.</p>

Agree regarding coaching. As JMFP2 stated, the historical pattern for reckless ball security was there and as we know earlier in this game Williams was stating in this clip that the ball had not touched his knee. You could see Harbaugh arguing with the ref that he disagreed with it touching Williams even though it was clear on the replay and another niner coach stated on the sidelines that it did. Yet, no adjustments were made.

Also agree that ball security was effectively drilled by TC. I was reading some posts on a niner forum and there were derogatory comments about Giants receivers being 'pansies' because they would catch, run and slide without being hardly touched. There was absolutely no insight that this is what was coached based on the weather/field conditions and the niner season ability for take-aways.

Combine those with giving up on the run which was working better for the niners than a passing game that couldn't convert on third downs and this was not a 'coach of the year' performance.

miked1958
01-27-2012, 05:48 PM

I know we play in the regular season for sure because we were both in first place
Hopefully we dont see you guys next year especially in the postseason that is if we get there. If we play the Giants again were history.