PDA

View Full Version : Will the "let them play'' officiating trend continue?

running girl
01-27-2012, 09:00 AM
<FONT face="Arial Unicode MS">Probably. Officials have kept flags in their pockets. Early word is the league is considering John Parry as the Super Bowl ref. He was the ref for the 49ers-Saints playoff game and called only three penalties, including no holding calls. During the regular season, his crew averaged 15.8 flags a game, fourth-most among the 17 crews. His 2.7 holding penalties a game were among the highest. </FONT></P>

<FONT face="Arial Unicode MS">But officials have let teams play during the postseason. Officials called an average of 8.1 penalties a game during the postseason and had only eight holding calls in 10 games. A Parry-officiated game tends to be exciting. His 47.3 points a game during the regular season was the fifth-highest total among the crews. The Giants have had six of the eight holding penalties, so they probably will be flagged. Remember, in Super Bowls, they use all-star crews.</FONT></P>

nygsb42champs
01-27-2012, 09:09 AM
Lets hope so.

GiantPride27
01-27-2012, 09:55 AM
<FONT face="Arial Unicode MS">Probably. Officials have kept flags in their pockets. Early word is the league is considering John Parry as the Super Bowl ref. He was the ref for the 49ers-Saints playoff game and called only three penalties, including no holding calls. During the regular season, his crew averaged 15.8 flags a game, fourth-most among the 17 crews. His 2.7 holding penalties a game were among the highest. </FONT></P>

<FONT face="Arial Unicode MS">But officials have let teams play during the postseason. Officials called an average of 8.1 penalties a game during the postseason and had only eight holding calls in 10 games. A Parry-officiated game tends to be exciting. His 47.3 points a game during the regular season was the fifth-highest total among the crews. The Giants have had six of the eight holding penalties, so they probably will be flagged. Remember, in Super Bowls, they use all-star crews.</FONT></P>

idk i felt sick to my stomach witht he officiating in the GB game. Obviouse who was favored. *Bogus roughing the Rogers call *Bogus down by contact of Jennings fumble both of which led to GB points. NYG should have won that game by 25

Razur
01-27-2012, 02:11 PM

More concerned about getting bagged for "ROUGHING THE PASSER"..flags...on our Defense...OVER officating could be our problem. Giving Brady any way to shorten the field is dangerous.

G-Man67
01-27-2012, 02:16 PM
guaranteed they will let their o-line manhandle our pass rushers and if anyone even breathes on Brady, look for every official on the field to throw their laundry

but as we did @GB, we will overcome it all

GameTime
01-27-2012, 02:20 PM
guaranteed they will let their o-line manhandle our pass rushers and even anyone even breathes on Brady, look for every official on the field to throw their laundry

the past few games Eli has been takign some semi late hits and at least 4 x has had a helmet or facemask between his shoulder blades. I think they let them play. If they ***** up on Brady that would really suck but TC will be in the Refs faces if the favor Bradywhile Eli is taking late hits if that is the case

</P>

NYG4ME
01-27-2012, 02:20 PM
I hope and pray it does.. Games have been very enjoyable to watch &amp; at a good pace..

Dover Giant
01-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Depends on which QB is mugged after all can't mess up Brady's hair.

G-Man67
01-27-2012, 02:24 PM
guaranteed they will let their o-line manhandle our pass rushers and if anyone even breathes on Brady, look for every official on the field to throw their laundry

the past few games Eli has been takign some semi late hits and at least 4 x has had a helmet or facemask between his shoulder blades. I think they let them play. If they ***** up on Brady that would really suck but TC will be in the Refs* faces if the favor Brady*while *Eli is taking late hits if that is the case

*</P>

yeah they'll let them hit Eli, but not Brady, i mean just look at that roughing call on Osi vs. Aaron Rodgers and i'm not crying conspiracy, i'm more eluding to the old "Michael Jordan" rules in the NBA

MikeIsaGiant
01-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Depends, is Tom Brady on his period? He might ***** that he got sacked

GameTime
01-27-2012, 02:29 PM

the past few games Eli has been takign some semi late hits and at least 4 x has had a helmet or facemask between his shoulder blades. I think they let them play. If they ***** up on Brady that would really suck but TC will be in the Refs faces if the favor Bradywhile Eli is taking late hits if that is the case

</P>

yeah they'll let them hit Eli, but not Brady, i mean just look at that roughing call on Osi vs. Aaron Rodgers and i'm not crying conspiracy, i'm more eluding to the old "Michael Jordan" rules in the NBA</P>

true....you are right about Osi's alleged"helmet to helmet" hit. Thats screamed more of "we want the Packers in the SB" than favoring Rodgers though. I dont dig the conspiracy thing either but that call was just atrocious......</P>

BlueJayC
01-27-2012, 02:33 PM
<FONT face="Arial Unicode MS"><FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00" color=#000000 size=4>The Giants have had six of the eight holding penalties, so they probably will be flagged. Remember, in Super Bowls, they use all-star crews.</FONT></FONT></P>

</P>

This says it all and is all I need to know......never seen more pancake blocks be called holds on the Giants meanwhile never seen more white jerseys being torn off the Giants D-line then I have over the past three games......flags will be held in check for anyone playing the Giants but not the Giants themselves......</P>