PDA

View Full Version : Think Pats will go 'no huddle'??

CTLadyBlue
01-27-2012, 08:09 AM
Read this article in The Post today (sorry, I don't have the option to link)

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/big_blue_will_never_forget_brady_cgO8zhbMtqi1ZAXnf p5zEI

Osi and Tuck talking about how they're not going to get away with sacking, hurrying, knocking down, etc, Brady like they did in SB 42. That BB is going to most likely build a wall around Brady and use short, quick passes to slow down the pass rush. But....do you think that they may adopt intervals of 'no huddle' to keep the Giants defense off?

I have faith that my team is preparing in every phase possible, but I do not discount BB's genius that he's going to do whatever it is possible to win - even if it means maybe changing up his offense to one the Giants have not yet seen nor could study in order to get an advantage on them

Worried? Yes? No? Maybe?

nygsb42champs
01-27-2012, 08:11 AM
I am sure they will do no huddle. It keeps the Giants from subbing and keeping there d-line fresh.

Marvelousmik
01-27-2012, 08:13 AM

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/big_blue_will_never_forget_brady_cgO8zhbMtqi1ZAXnf p5zEI

Osi and Tuck talking about how they're not going to get away with sacking, hurrying, knocking down, etc, Brady like they did in SB 42. That BB is going to most likely build a wall around Brady and use short, quick passes to slow down the pass rush. But....do you think that they may adopt intervals of 'no huddle' to keep the Giants defense off?

I have faith that my team is preparing in every phase possible, but I do not discount BB's genius that he's going to do whatever it is possible to win - even if it means maybe changing up his offense to one the Giants have not yet seen nor could study in order to get an advantage on them

Worried? Yes? No? Maybe?

im worried before every game because you never know what can happen on any given sunday. but we overcame so much. injuries. 15-1 packers at home. 49ers at home in muddy conditions. if we could overcome and do what we did this season im pretty sure we can handle what the pats throw at us. we just have to continue playing hard.

bandwgn86
01-27-2012, 08:16 AM

Worried? Yes? No? Maybe?Not really worried, let the have the quick underneath stuff.. The old bend but don't break defence vs Buffalo comes to mind.. while there dinking and dunking Eli will be burying them early with quick scores..

buddy33
01-27-2012, 08:17 AM
I know it's not what they do but I wouldn't mind seeing the Giants running the no huddle once in a while.

I think the Giants defense will see the no huddle. Can they handle it? I think so.

CTLadyBlue
01-27-2012, 08:55 AM

Worried? Yes? No? Maybe?Not really worried, let the have the quick underneath stuff.. The old bend but don't break defence vs Buffalo comes to mind..

Yeah, but the Giants were prepared for Buffalo's no huddle as they used it most of the season. If the Pats throw it in there, it will be a complete surprise.

But I do like the idea of the Giants going no huddle for a few series - if only to throw off Wilfork

Kendo15
01-27-2012, 09:04 AM
My main worry prior to this game, is that Bellichek and Brady have been ACHING for this game for 4 years.</P>

I have no idea what they come with, no huddle certainly will show up IMHO, but we have to be ready for anything.</P>

Those two will prep for this game with an unmatched intensity and focus, even by their standards.</P>

miked1958
01-27-2012, 09:04 AM
Read this article in The Post today (sorry, I don't have the option to link) http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/big_blue_will_never_forget_brady_cgO8zhbMtqi1ZAXnf p5zEI Osi and Tuck talking about how they're not going to get away with sacking, hurrying, knocking down, etc, Brady like they did in SB 42. That BB is going to most likely build a wall around Brady and use short, quick passes to slow down the pass rush. But....do you think that they may adopt intervals of 'no huddle' to keep the Giants defense off? I have faith that my team is preparing in every phase possible, but I do not discount BB's genius that he's going to do whatever it is possible to win - even if it means maybe changing up his offense to one the Giants have not yet seen nor could study in order to get an advantage on them Worried? Yes? No? Maybe?

im worried before every game because you never know what can happen on any given sunday. but we overcame so much. injuries. 15-1 packers at home. 49ers at home in muddy conditions. if we could overcome and do what we did this season im pretty sure we can handle what the pats throw at us. we just have to continue playing hard.
</P>

I agree. Other teams have thrown the no huddle at us. We will adept.. I say we overcome</P>

Razur
01-27-2012, 09:11 AM

Worried? Yes? No? Maybe?

As long as they go 3 & out ..they can go NO HUDDLE all day...that's the objective.

egyptian420
01-27-2012, 09:12 AM
My main worry prior to this game, is that Bellichek and Brady have been ACHING for this game for 4 years.</p>

I have no idea what they come with, no huddle certainly will show up IMHO, but we have to be ready for anything.</p>

Those two will prep for this game with an unmatched intensity and focus, even by their standards.</p>
There is no doubt that they want this game and have wanted it for a looong time. Specially with us beating them in their home earlier this season just to add fuel to the fire.

However, I don't think for a second that we don't want it badly too. Guys like Tuck and Rolle (no pun intended) will make sure this team is hungry as hell for this.

SackingMyths
01-27-2012, 09:16 AM
To the OP- Yes, I think we can definitely expect the "no-huddle" for as long as it's working.

But this is where I feel that Reese's personnel decisions, in placing high value on versatility, comes in handy.

We have:

<ul> A LB who can play DE in Kiwi Two DEs that can play DT effectively against the run/pass in Tuck and JPP A Safety that can play a hybrid LB/S in Grant A Safety that can play a hybrid S/Nickel CB, yet still be a very effective run-stopper in Rolle And 2 LBs that can make the defensive calls in Boley or Blackburn.[/list]
All of this is to say that when we get "stuck" with certain personnel on the field, it's not the end of the world the way it would be for most teams. We have the ability to morph into whatever we need to depending on whatever chess game they want to do with motioning their Elite TEs.

Pats, to me, are Green Bay with less outside, deep threats. Though, I take nothing away from BB or Brady.

SweetZombieJesus
01-27-2012, 09:26 AM
I think we can count on it -- keeps our guys tired and prevents substitutions, and leads to mismatches (e.g. if we go big safety sets with 3 DL they run; if we have a big package in they flood the field with WRs).

They also know they have to get the ball out quick -- probably see lots of screens to the TEs and quick slants to Welker.

And he'll also pick up a few cheap "too many men on the field" penalties when we try to sub. They really need to reevaluate that rule so if the player is clearly leaving the field it doesn't count.

CDN_G-FAN
01-27-2012, 09:34 AM
Read this article in The Post today (sorry, I don't have the option to link) http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/big_blue_will_never_forget_brady_cgO8zhbMtqi1ZAXnf p5zEI Osi and Tuck talking about how they're not going to get away with sacking, hurrying, knocking down, etc, Brady like they did in SB 42. That BB is going to most likely build a wall around Brady and use short, quick passes to slow down the pass rush. But....do you think that they may adopt intervals of 'no huddle' to keep the Giants defense off? I have faith that my team is preparing in every phase possible, but I do not discount BB's genius that he's going to do whatever it is possible to win - even if it means maybe changing up his offense to one the Giants have not yet seen nor could study in order to get an advantage on them Worried? Yes? No? Maybe?</P>

it will be a cat and mouse game.</P>

quick throws can be dangerous especially for a team that plays zone like we do.</P>

no one in the NFL can get away with doing just one thing the whole game, Brady just looked uncomfortable and confused both times we played him, and i'm sure we kept changing things up so he couldn't get a feel for what he was looking at.</P>

i would think that the Pats will try and do the same thing and keep things changing.</P>

I'll say this, if Vince Wilfork is somehow prevented from doing what he's done in both playoff games the Pats have had this year, we probably win.</P>

i don't think that the Pats have enough talent on defense to defend a QB that is talented and confident to make throws into tight places. they got scorched most of the season, and faced Tebow and Flacco in the offseason.</P>

if Wilfork is less of a factor in our game than he has been in the other two, our defense willhave more success against the Pats offensethan their defense will have againstEli.</P>

</P>

GameTime
01-27-2012, 09:42 AM
I mentioned this in the "Wilfork" thread yesterday. That the Giants could use the "no huddle" to tire Wilfork. Then added that the Pats will probably be using it during the game as well....</P>

</P>

</P>

CDN_G-FAN
01-27-2012, 09:43 AM
My main worry prior to this game, is that Bellichek and Brady have been ACHING for this game for 4 years.</P>

I have no idea what they come with, no huddle certainly will show up IMHO, but we have to be ready for anything.</P>

Those two will prep for this game with an unmatched intensity and focus, even by their standards.</P>

</P>

BB and Brady have been aching for it, but don't think for a second that they didn't get near as pumped up for the regular season game they had against us.</P>

the difference is they have more time to prepare for this game.</P>

but i don't think they wanted that regular season game less than they would any other game that mattered against the giants.</P>

Also, keep in mind there's only 8 returning players on the Pats from that SB loss.</P>

so no doubt the coaching staff and those 8 guys want it pretty bad, everyone else will be playing for a championship.</P>

Voldamort
01-27-2012, 09:46 AM
yes I do and Perry will be ready this time,stop those te's and woodhead out of the backfield.

CTLadyBlue
01-27-2012, 09:50 AM
My main worry prior to this game, is that Bellichek and Brady have been ACHING for this game for 4 years.</p>

I have no idea what they come with, no huddle certainly will show up IMHO, but we have to be ready for anything.</p>

Those two will prep for this game with an unmatched intensity and focus, even by their standards.</p>
There is no doubt that they want this game and have wanted it for a looong time. >

I think the Giants are going to be just as amped, if anything prove that not only this season, but SB 42, wasn't a fluke. They're looking to shut people up whereas NE is looking for greatness

GameTime
01-27-2012, 09:55 AM

There is no doubt that they want this game and have wanted it for a looong time. &gt; I think the Giants are going to be just as amped, if anything prove that not only this season, but SB 42, wasn't a fluke. They're looking to shut people up whereas NE is looking for greatness</P>

I agree CT...</P>

why do so many think that Brady and BB are "extra" ready to prepare. They are just as pumped as TC and his crew are. Its the freaking SB!!! I realize BB is one of the greats but so is TC. </P>

I dont see where BB gets his team ready any better or worse than TC for this game. </P>

</P>

Providence
01-27-2012, 09:57 AM
I am definitely worried about the no-huddle. We have had a very hard time stopping it and ever since the Deon Grant fake injury against St. Louis early in the season (which was our attempt to stop their no-huddle) we have been exposed.

This time we're not going up against the Rams, we're going up against the Pats with Brady, Welker, Gronk and Hernandez. I think if the Pats win they win because they exploit us with no-huddle.

The plus side is that if our defense can press them a little more, play a little closer we may be able to make a play. The no huddle will definitely hurt us, but let's not forget that it will also exhaust their WR's and TE's too (not to mention their O-line). And all it takes is one batted ball from Kiwi, JPP, Osi, etc. and we're going to get ourselves a pick. Maybe even a pick 6. And that could be the end of the no huddle.

We shall see.

But in a nut-shell, yes, I am quite afraid of them running the no huddle.

RonJon
01-27-2012, 10:00 AM
The no huddle is not guarranteed to work all the time. And the risk od using it is that if it doesn't, thats that much quicker that team's defense has to go back on the field.

NYSPORTS
01-27-2012, 10:03 AM
Wonder what defense the Pats will use.

Will they use the defense used against the Bills in 1990 where they really back off

or

will Belicheck take notice to the 49ers game. Sure, the Pats don't have the front 7 the 49ers do but the OL wore out. Who knows, maybe Belicheck will blitz and turn up the heat in hopes the Giants OL will faulter late.

I think he' going to try for a shootout with hopes the Giants OL will faulter by pressuring the OL.

CTLadyBlue
01-27-2012, 10:08 AM
The no huddle is not guarranteed to work all the time. And the risk od using it is that if it doesn't, thats that much quicker that team's defense has to go back on the field.

Very true. Also, the 1990 Bills were conditioned on both sides to play an entire game no huddle. The Pats are not. Unless - of course - they do it in intervals when we're not expecting it.

swimeasy
01-27-2012, 10:16 AM
I am definitely worried about the no-huddle. We have had a very hard time stopping it and ever since the Deon Grant fake injury against St. Louis early in the season (which was our attempt to stop their no-huddle) we have been exposed.

This time we're not going up against the Rams, we're going up against the Pats with Brady, Welker, Gronk and Hernandez. I think if the Pats win they win because they exploit us with no-huddle.

The plus side is that if our defense can press them a little more, play a little closer we may be able to make a play. The no huddle will definitely hurt us, but let's not forget that it will also exhaust their WR's and TE's too (not to mention their O-line). And all it takes is one batted ball from Kiwi, JPP, Osi, etc. and we're going to get ourselves a pick. Maybe even a pick 6. And that could be the end of the no huddle.

We shall see.

But in a nut-shell, yes, I am quite afraid of them running the no huddle.

^ This

CDN_G-FAN
01-27-2012, 10:17 AM
Wonder what defense the Pats will use. Will they use the defense used against the Bills in 1990 where they really back off or will Belicheck take notice to the 49ers game. Sure, the Pats don't have the front 7 the 49ers do but the OL wore out. Who knows, maybe Belicheck will blitz and turn up the heat in hopes the Giants OL will faulter late. I think he' going to try for a shootout with hopes the Giants OL will faulter by pressuring the OL.</P>

i think the Pats willget absolutely scorched ifthey bring too much pressure.</P>

our RBs are great at picking up the blitz and Eli is great in arranging his protections.</P>

he's better off mixing it up and trying to create pressure with 4 pass rushers. If he can't get pressure with 4 passrushers then we're going to tear this defense to shreds.</P>

but if he pulls a greg williams and dials in blitzes all the time, with a relatively weak secondary he's going to get hot-routed to death, and given the big play ability of both Cruz and Nicks, this could be over before it starts.</P>

I think he's just going to try and disguise his coverages as much as he can, and he's going to play alot of zone to help out his secondary.</P>

</P>

NYSPORTS
01-27-2012, 10:18 AM
I'd more curious as to what the Pats do on defense. It's been a strange year and wonder if Belicheck will do the opposite by turning his guys loose after the QB.

GMENAGAIN
01-27-2012, 10:20 AM
You have to worry any time Belicheck has 2 weeks to prepare for your team . . . .

RonJon
01-27-2012, 10:33 AM
You have to worry any time Belicheck has 2 weeks to prepare for your team . . . .

Remember the scheme Bellichick used against Buffalo in in the Super Bowl XXV? Used only 2 down lineman to rush the passer and dropped everyone else in coverage. Would bring a LB Lawrence Taylor or a safety on occasional blitzes. But it worked. WOuld he dare try something similar against our offense?

bklyn1028
01-27-2012, 10:57 AM

Mike and Mike this morning quoted an article that said if Belichick doesn't win this SB, he isn't the genius everyone thought he was. All he did was ride Brady's arm. That is a harsh statement, I think Belichick is a brilliant coach, however so is Coughlin.

GameTime
01-27-2012, 11:02 AM
You have to worry any time Belicheck has 2 weeks to prepare for your team . . . . Mike and Mike this morning quoted an article that said if Belichick doesn't win this SB, he isn't the genius everyone thought he was. All he did was ride Brady's arm. That is a harsh statement, I think Belichick is a brilliant coach, however so is Coughlin.</P>

thats a stupid statement. The guy has three rings as an HC and two more as a DC.</P>

Also his game plane can be perfect but it still has to be executed by the players....</P>

</P>

CTLadyBlue
01-27-2012, 11:05 AM

Mike and Mike this morning quoted an article that said if Belichick doesn't win this SB, he isn't the genius everyone thought he was. All he did was ride Brady's arm. That is a harsh statement, I think Belichick is a brilliant coach, however so is Coughlin.

Harsh and stupid. How does not winning a 4th Superbowl make a coach less than what he is? He's one of the winningest coaches of this era. So I suppose if the Giants lose the SB that Eli isn't 'elite' after all? M&M need to stop making such stupid statements. Just more fodder for NE, I suppose. But I'm guessing BB doesn't read the media garbage under that hoodie

egyptian420
01-27-2012, 11:24 AM

There is no doubt that they want this game and have wanted it for a looong time. &gt; I think the Giants are going to be just as amped, if anything prove that not only this season, but SB 42, wasn't a fluke. They're looking to shut people up whereas NE is looking for greatness</p>

I agree CT...</p>

why do so many think that Brady and BB are "extra" ready to prepare. They are just as pumped as TC and his crew are. Its the freaking SB!!! I realize BB is one of the greats but so is TC. </p>

I dont see where BB gets his team ready any better or worse than TC for this game. </p>

</p>
Lol if she had posted my entire post and not just the first sentence, you would see that I also agree

CTLadyBlue
01-27-2012, 11:32 AM

There is no doubt that they want this game and have wanted it for a looong time. > I think the Giants are going to be just as amped, if anything prove that not only this season, but SB 42, wasn't a fluke. They're looking to shut people up whereas NE is looking for greatness</p>

I agree CT...</p>

why do so many think that Brady and BB are "extra" ready to prepare. They are just as pumped as TC and his crew are. Its the freaking SB!!!** I realize BB is one of the greats but so is TC. </p>

I dont see where BB gets his team ready any better or worse than TC for this game. </p>

*</p>
Lol if she had posted my entire post and not just the first sentence, you would see that I also agree

No, I saw that you agreed. I just get a little bugged at all these mile-long quoted threads that I just quote what I'm replying to

egyptian420
01-27-2012, 11:37 AM

There is no doubt that they want this game and have wanted it for a looong time. &gt; I think the Giants are going to be just as amped, if anything prove that not only this season, but SB 42, wasn't a fluke. They're looking to shut people up whereas NE is looking for greatness</p>

I agree CT...</p>

why do so many think that Brady and BB are "extra" ready to prepare. They are just as pumped as TC and his crew are. Its the freaking SB!!! I realize BB is one of the greats but so is TC. </p>

</p>

No, I saw that you agreed. I just get a little bugged at all these mile-long quoted threads that I just quote what I'm replying to
no worries lol...just wanted him to know he wasn't alone and not to get me confused with those who think we won't be as motivated

OX1
01-27-2012, 12:10 PM

Remember the scheme Bellichick used against Buffalo in in the Super Bowl XXV? Used only 2 down lineman to rush the passer and dropped everyone else in coverage. Would bring a LB Lawrence Taylor or a safety on occasional blitzes. But it worked. WOuld he dare try something similar against our offense?

Eli runs slow and quirky, but if they want to give him 5-8 yards on every play by rushing 2, I'm all for it. Eli could break another record. First QB in the SB to get 60 yards rushing after team goes 9-7 on the seaon............

Kruunch
01-27-2012, 01:12 PM

Worried? Yes? No? Maybe?

The problem is a no-huddle (today) run really well relies on having a vertical threat, which the Pats don't currently have.

I could see them doing a no-huddle in fits and starts just to change up the pace of the game (and I'm sure they will) but not as any form of consistant offensive strategy.

TroyArcher
01-27-2012, 01:18 PM
No worries.

Newman80
01-27-2012, 01:32 PM
I think they will run the no huddle at some point but we have seen it. As long as the giants can bump the TE at the line and JPP get his hands up or brady on the ground it will notmatter.