PDA

View Full Version : Janoris Jenkins (CB)?

Kruunch
01-27-2012, 11:24 AM
If JJ falls to us due to character issues, does Reese take a chance on him?

Definite 1st round talent ... arrests on his record and kicked out of his first school (Florida?).

Raptor22
01-27-2012, 11:33 AM
Based on talent, absolutely.

That being said, I'm not sure I want him in NY.

Not only has he had trouble with the law, but he also hasn't learned from his mistakes. Giving a kid money isn't going to make him behave any better. Likewise, giving a kid money who doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes and then putting him in a situation rife with temptation and a rabid media to boot... that's a major concern for me.

Kruunch
01-27-2012, 12:58 PM

Not only has he had trouble with the law, but he also hasn't learned from his mistakes. Giving a kid money isn't going to make him behave any better. Likewise, giving a kid money who doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes and then putting him in a situation rife with temptation and a rabid media to boot... that's a major concern for me.

Yeah I would tend to agree.

WR4Life
01-27-2012, 01:05 PM

I'd have to agree with this

Spizi
01-27-2012, 01:55 PM
awesome prospect but way too much risk for the first round. I think the bust rate for the 1st is around 50% so I want as sure of a thing as possible.

gmen0820
01-27-2012, 02:00 PM
I loved him at Florida. Didn't watch much of him this year.

bLuereverie
01-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Arrested in May, 2009 for his role in a fight. Was tasered and originally charged with affray and resisting arrest without violence, both misdemeanors. The affray charge was later dropped. Was arrested twice in the span of four months following the 2010 season for marijuana possession. His second arrest prompted new Florida head coach Will Muschamp to kick him off the team, leading to Jenkins' transfer to North Alabama.
I don't think any trangression is that big of a deal, but collectively raises a question mark about his indifference. Who knows though. He may interview rather well.

lawl
01-27-2012, 05:05 PM
He's under 5'10''. Too small.</P>

slipknottin
01-27-2012, 05:41 PM
Yea, I tend to agree. He does have long arms, but he doesnt really have the length (or weight for that matter) that the giants typically look for.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-27-2012, 05:44 PM
So is Rhonde Barber...

RoanokeFan
01-27-2012, 05:46 PM

Definite 1st round talent ... arrests on his record and kicked out of his first school (Florida?).

He took a chance on Bradshaw, no?

ShockeyShow
01-27-2012, 05:50 PM

A guy like Jenkins is a perfect fit for this team. He needs guys around him that are going to help him get his life straight outside of football, whilst contending for champions every year, inside.

I'd love to have him on our team.

ShockeyShow
01-27-2012, 05:52 PM
He's under 5'10''. Too small.</p>
So is Rhonde Barber...

Wrquet, +1

Check this out (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsHc2hr6nPo)

heavyhitter
01-27-2012, 05:56 PM

Definite 1st round talent ... arrests on his record and kicked out of his first school (Florida?).<font size="2">I'd like to see how he does in the interview process. He's got way too much talent to pass on at pick 32 overall. I think he'll already be off the board by the time the Giants pick anyway. If it weren't for his off the field issues (character concerns), he would be a top 10 pick. This guy will be a baller in the NFL, he's worth the risk IMO.</font>

slipknottin
01-27-2012, 05:59 PM
So is Rhonde Barber...

and the giants didnt draft him...

Giants target length, at DL and DB more than perhaps any other team in the NFL.

heavyhitter
01-27-2012, 06:00 PM
So is Rhonde Barber...<font size="2">Go tell Asante Samuel he's too small. I really believe in Janoris Jenkins &amp; think he will excel in the NFL. </font>

Voldamort
01-27-2012, 06:05 PM
The kid has 1st round talent,but the character issues not on this team no divas please!

01-27-2012, 06:09 PM
Last year's 1st rd. pick Prince (CB) is a little undersized. No way we pick JJ even if he wasn't an extreme character risk

heavyhitter
01-27-2012, 06:20 PM
Last year's 1st rd. pick Prince (CB) is a little undersized.<font size="2">Undersized? He's 6"0, 200 plus lbs. That's ideal size for an NFL CB.</font>

allentown PA
01-27-2012, 06:52 PM

thats an intersting point..JR loves taking chances on players and so far it has paid off...I would love to get this kid but IDK if we need another corner...TT is back next year and I like Prince's future however u can never have enough corner help in the NFL these days.

allentown PA
01-27-2012, 06:58 PM

in the 7th round i believe though..1st round pick much different

nycsportzfan
01-27-2012, 06:59 PM
So is Rhonde Barber...

Giants target length, at DL and DB more than perhaps any other team in the NFL. Leonard Johnson CB Iowa St is a guy i could see the giants get in RD 3 if hes there

allentown PA
01-27-2012, 06:59 PM
So is Rhonde Barber...

Giants target length, at DL and DB more than perhaps any other team in the NFL. Leonard Johnson CB Iowa St** is a guy i could see the giants get in RD 3 if hes there

when are u gonna do a mock draft?

Redeyejedi
01-27-2012, 07:16 PM

Well if Jenkins is on the board in the 7th round im sure Reese would take him

Redeyejedi
01-27-2012, 07:17 PM
So is Rhonde Barber...

Giants target length, at DL and DB more than perhaps any other team in the NFL. Leonard Johnson CB Iowa St** is a guy i could see the giants get in RD 3 if hes there
Just put up a Vid of him today

Redeyejedi
01-27-2012, 07:18 PM
So is Rhonde Barber...<font size="2">Go tell Asante Samuel he's too small. I really believe in Janoris Jenkins & think he will excel in the NFL. </font>
To small for the Giants he means not to small for the NFL.The Giants are the tallest NFL team on Defense and its not an accident

The Giants are on the average 6' 3 1/2
while the league average is 6' 1 1/2

allentown PA
01-27-2012, 07:35 PM
So is Rhonde Barber...<font size="2">Go tell Asante Samuel he's too small. I really believe in Janoris Jenkins & think he will excel in the NFL. </font>
To small for the Giants he means not to small for the NFL.The Giants are the tallest NFL team on Defense and its not an accident

while the league average is 6' 1 1/2

u too...when are u gonna do a mock?

greenca190
01-27-2012, 07:35 PM

In the seventh round.

allentown PA
01-27-2012, 07:39 PM

in the 7th round i believe though..1st round pick much different

if he falls to the 2nd id be all over that...but the giants will be picking late in these rounds..u may have to take him in the 1st if u want him..not sure if thats the direction they take.

Redeyejedi
01-27-2012, 07:43 PM
He's under 5'10''. Too small.</P> So is Rhonde Barber...<FONT size=2>Go tell Asante Samuel he's too small. I really believe in Janoris Jenkins &amp; think he will excel in the NFL. </FONT>
To small for the Giants he means not to small for the NFL.The Giants are the tallest NFL team on Defense and its not an accident The Giants are on the average 6' 3 1/2 while the league average is 6' 1 1/2 u too...when are u gonna do a mock?Whole NFL mocks or Giant mocks.I dont like doing mocks because they change so much between now and draft day it seems like im wasting my time filling out 2 rounds of players that I know wont be in the same spot after FA.Sportzfan enjoys doing them he puts them up all the time.Probably wont start doing full ones till after the combine at least.If U got to the one draft thread he has like a 100 of them on there

allentown PA
01-27-2012, 07:44 PM
He's under 5'10''. Too small.</P> So is Rhonde Barber...<FONT size=2>Go tell Asante Samuel he's too small. I really believe in Janoris Jenkins & think he will excel in the NFL. </FONT>
To small for the Giants he means not to small for the NFL.The Giants are the tallest NFL team on Defense and its not an accident The Giants are on the average 6' 3 1/2 while the league average is 6' 1 1/2 u too...when are u gonna do a mock?Whole NFL mocks or Giant mocks.I dont like doing mocks because they change so much between now and draft day it seems like im wasting my time filling out 2 rounds of players that I know wont be in the same spot after FA.Sportzfan enjoys doing them he puts them up all the time.Probably wont start doing full ones till after the combine at least.

i hear ya..i feel that we will target oline in the first but with them picking so late its hard to tell this year what will be there.

BlueSanta
01-27-2012, 07:45 PM
He is a good player. But, he isnt a Giant type player, not for the 1st round anyways.

Redeyejedi
01-27-2012, 07:59 PM
Here is a few guys I think they will target</P>

Mike Adams OT Ohio State </P>

George Ilokka Boise State S</P>

Fletcher Cox DT Miss St</P>

Lamar Miller RB Miami</P>

Coby Fleener TE Stanford</P>

Cam Johnson DE Virginia</P>

Chase Minnifield CB Virginia</P>

Zebrie Sanders OT FSU</P>

Kendall Reyes DT UConn</P>

Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt</P>

Trumaine Johnson CB Montana</P>

Orson Charles TE Georgia</P>

Matt Mcantts OT UAB</P>

Antonio Allen South Carolina S</P>

Dajohn Harris DT USC</P>

Audie Cole LB NC State</P>

Bobby Wagner LB Utah State</P>

Keenan Robinson LB Texas</P>

Ladaruius Green Louisana Lafyette TE</P>

Micah Hyde CB Iowa</P>

Donnie Fletcher CB Boston College</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

nycsportzfan
01-27-2012, 08:09 PM
So is Rhonde Barber...

Giants target length, at DL and DB more than perhaps any other team in the NFL. Leonard Johnson CB Iowa St is a guy i could see the giants get in RD 3 if hes there

when are u gonna do a mock draft? I only do one a WEEK after the Giants Games.. I'd of all ready been done for awhile but as i said in the draft thread I'll continue to do a mock untill were done playing So i have one more mock i'll do at some point after the SB bowl..

nycsportzfan
01-27-2012, 08:11 PM
So is Rhonde Barber...

Just put up a Vid of him today I love Leonard Johnson.. I'll have to go check what game u did..

nycsportzfan
01-27-2012, 08:13 PM
Here is a few guys I think they will target</p>

Mike Adams OT Ohio State </p>

George Ilokka Boise State S</p>

Fletcher Cox DT Miss St</p>

Lamar Miller RB Miami</p>

Coby Fleener TE Stanford</p>

Cam Johnson DE Virginia</p>

Chase Minnifield CB Virginia</p>

Zebrie Sanders OT FSU</p>

Kendall Reyes DT UConn</p>

Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt</p>

Trumaine Johnson CB Montana</p>

Orson Charles TE Georgia</p>

Matt Mcantts OT UAB</p>

Antonio Allen South Carolina S</p>

Dajohn Harris DT USC</p>

Audie Cole LB NC State</p>

Bobby Wagner LB Utah State</p>

Keenan Robinson LB Texas</p>

Ladaruius Green Louisana Lafyette TE</p>

Micah Hyde CB Iowa</p>

Donnie Fletcher CB Boston College</p>

</p>

</p>

</p> Wow I agree with a ton of those players u mentioned.. Alot of em as u know are some of my Favorite Prospects.. I'd add JEREL WORTHY to that list

allentown PA
01-27-2012, 08:14 PM
So is Rhonde Barber...

when are u gonna do a mock draft? I only do one a* WEEK after the Giants Games..* I'd of all ready been done for awhile but as i said in the draft thread*** I'll continue to do a mock untill were done playing**** So i have one more mock i'll do at some point after the SB bowl..**

cool thanks..but did u do all the rounds?

heavyhitter
01-27-2012, 08:36 PM
So is Rhonde Barber...<font size="2">Go tell Asante Samuel he's too small. I really believe in Janoris Jenkins &amp; think he will excel in the NFL. </font>

while the league average is 6' 1 1/2<font size="2">We're talking about cornerbacks here, not the Giants team as a whole. Jenoris Jenkins is the topic of the thread &amp; I'm just trying to point out that even though Jenkins may be a little undersized at 5"10, 190 lbs, it's not by much. By pro standards, big corners are best described as cornerbacks who measure in at 5-foot-11 or higher. I realize the Giants like bigger size safeties, but since Jerry Reese has been in office, he has drafted a couple of CB's who were under 6"0. He drafted DeAndre Wright who was 5"11, and drafted Stoney Woodson who was 5'10. Reese also picked up RW McQuarters (5"10), Kevin Dockery (5"8), &amp; Sam Madison (5"11) through free agency. CB Bruce Johnson (undrafted FA) is another guy who JR had signed. Janoris Jenkins may not even be on the Giants radar, but if he is by some chance still there at 32 overall it would be a steal IMO.</font>

myles2424
01-27-2012, 11:38 PM
Jenkins was nothing but trouble at Florida & has rocks for brains, not spending a 1st rounder on this guy.....no way

BillTheGreek
01-27-2012, 11:54 PM
He's under 5'10''. Too small. He needs to grow a few more inches ! ok for HS, but not the Pros.

BlueSanta
01-28-2012, 12:33 AM
I just dont think you are discounting for his horrible character issues.

nycsportzfan
01-28-2012, 07:01 AM

while the league average is 6' 1 1/2<font size="2">We're talking about cornerbacks here, not the Giants team as a whole. Jenoris Jenkins is the topic of the thread &amp; I'm just trying to point out that even though Jenkins may be a little undersized at 5"10, 190 lbs, it's not by much. By pro standards, big corners are best described as cornerbacks who measure in at 5-foot-11 or higher. I realize the Giants like bigger size safeties, but since Jerry Reese has been in office, he has drafted a couple of CB's who were under 6"0. He drafted DeAndre Wright who was 5"11, and drafted Stoney Woodson who was 5'10. Reese also picked up RW McQuarters (5"10), Kevin Dockery (5"8), &amp; Sam Madison (5"11) through free agency. CB Bruce Johnson (undrafted FA) is another guy who JR had signed. Janoris Jenkins may not even be on the Giants radar, but if he is by some chance still there at 32 overall it would be a steal IMO.</font>
I got know problem taking Janoris Jenkins in RD 1 as he was a guy i loved last yr and he did a great job against top WR's who will or are making living on Sundays( Jeffery/ Julio Jones/ Aj Green) but there is another CB who i like even more who i think is a 1st rd talent and the 2nd best CB in this draft that will probably definetly be there even if Jenkins isn't and thats Casey Hayward of Vanderbilt.. The guys got great technique and is above averege against the run(giants will like) and also displays outstanding ball skills and instincts.. Hes a complete CB with a great Head on his shoulders and i think he fits the giants mold of CB very well..

Redeyejedi
01-28-2012, 08:01 AM
Here is a few guys I think they will target</p>

Mike Adams OT Ohio State </p>

George Ilokka Boise State S</p>

Fletcher Cox DT Miss St</p>

Lamar Miller RB Miami</p>

Coby Fleener TE Stanford</p>

Cam Johnson DE Virginia</p>

Chase Minnifield CB Virginia</p>

Zebrie Sanders OT FSU</p>

Kendall Reyes DT UConn</p>

Casey Hayward* CB Vanderbilt</p>

Trumaine Johnson CB Montana</p>

Orson Charles TE Georgia</p>

Matt Mcantts OT UAB</p>

Antonio Allen South Carolina S</p>

Dajohn Harris DT USC</p>

Audie Cole LB NC State</p>

Bobby Wagner LB Utah State</p>

Keenan Robinson LB Texas</p>

Ladaruius Green Louisana Lafyette TE</p>

Micah Hyde CB Iowa</p>

Donnie Fletcher CB Boston College</p>

*</p>

*</p>

*</p>** Wow* I agree with a ton of those players u mentioned..* Alot of em*** as u know are some of my Favorite Prospects..** I'd add JEREL WORTHY to that list
I thought he was

Redeyejedi
01-28-2012, 08:04 AM

while the league average is 6' 1 1/2<font size="2">We're talking about cornerbacks here, not the Giants team as a whole. Jenoris Jenkins is the topic of the thread & I'm just trying to point out that even though Jenkins may be a little undersized at 5"10, 190 lbs, it's not by much. By pro standards, big corners are best described as cornerbacks who measure in at 5-foot-11 or higher. I realize the Giants like bigger size safeties, but since Jerry Reese has been in office, he has drafted a couple of CB's who were under 6"0. He drafted DeAndre Wright who was 5"11, and drafted Stoney Woodson who was 5'10. Reese also picked up RW McQuarters (5"10), Kevin Dockery (5"8), & Sam Madison (5"11) through free agency. CB Bruce Johnson (undrafted FA) is another guy who JR had signed. Janoris Jenkins may not even be on the Giants radar, but if he is by some chance still there at 32 overall it would be a steal IMO.</font>
Big difference in using high draft picks to bringing in min FA's and late round picks who didnt make the team.

Just look at the DB's the Giants have taken early its not an accident they target tall players

look@dafilm
01-28-2012, 08:09 AM
awesome prospect but way too much risk for the first round. I think the bust rate for the 1st is around 50% so I want as sure of a thing as possible.

What are you talking about?

As for Jenkins, I'd think not IMO, not for the Giants anyway. I can see the Pats taking him though. The Giants have Webster, Prince, and Ross, 2 1sts and a 2nd, and then Thomas coming off of IR who's a 2nd himself. I say they go OT or LB or maybe even C if they want to part ways with Baas.

BlueSanta
01-28-2012, 08:42 AM

As for Jenkins, I'd think not IMO, not for the Giants anyway. I can see the Pats taking him though. The Giants have Webster, Prince, and Ross, 2 1sts and a 2nd, and then Thomas coming off of IR who's a 2nd himself. I say they go OT or LB or maybe even C if they want to part ways with Baas.

Ross and Thomas become free agents in a week. TT is coming off his 2nd injury to the same knee.

Our interest in Jenkins, or any CB for that matter, will depend a great deal on if we bring any of those guys back and if TT's knee is capable of passing a physical.

Spizi
01-28-2012, 11:20 AM

Charley Casserly was talking about it during the draft last year. The success rate for first rounders is around 50% he said. Idk what he determines as successful and what's not, but that's what he said. Each round gets a progressively worse probability.

Redeyejedi
01-28-2012, 12:42 PM

Ross and Thomas become free agents in a week. TT is coming off his 2nd injury to the same knee.

Our interest in Jenkins, or any CB for that matter, will depend a great deal on if we bring any of those guys back and if TT's knee is capable of passing a physical.

We shall see if Ross or Thomas doesnt come back I think they have to draft another guy fairly high. U need at least 6 Quality starting DB's these days

look@dafilm
01-28-2012, 05:01 PM

Charley Casserly was talking about it during the draft last year. The success rate for first rounders is around 50% he said. Idk what he determines as successful and what's not, but that's what he said. Each round gets a progressively worse probability.

Who is Charley Casserly? And I can guarentee that isn't true, at least not the average because first of all, "bust" is something that isn't to be thrown around. Was Aaron Ross a "bust"? I hear Giants fans complain about him a lot, but he's still got a future as a corner in this league. He may not be all world but he's here isn't he. So you're right, like you IDK how they determine what that rate is, but its rubbish.

look@dafilm
01-28-2012, 05:04 PM

IMO, you don't need Thomas. Prince has the making of a starting CB, and you already have your main guy in Webster. Ross is alright in a nickel situation so there's that, all you would need is maybe someone like Harris from Oregon, a career nickel/dime guy in the late 4th to solidify the unit. To me your guys' first shouldn't be wasted on a corner, but on a OT or even a LB.

01-28-2012, 05:04 PM
Last year's 1st rd. pick Prince (CB) is a little undersized.<font size="2">Undersized? He's 6"0, 200 plus lbs. That's ideal size for an NFL CB.</font>

He appears to play smaller to me maybe it's those aligator arms. guess I'm wrong, huh?

Spizi
01-28-2012, 06:09 PM

Who is Charley Casserly? And I can guarentee that isn't true, at least not the average because first of all, "bust" is something that isn't to be thrown around. Was Aaron Ross a "bust"? I hear Giants fans complain about him a lot, but he's still got a future as a corner in this league. He may not be all world but he's here isn't he. So you're right, like you IDK how they determine what that rate is, but its rubbish.

He was the GM of the Texans. He knows more than you. Maybe if you read my post I said idk what he considers a "bust" but that's what he said. Oh btw the 49ers suck **** hahaha go back to your own forums and talk about drafting a QB because Smith blows.

slipknottin
01-28-2012, 06:38 PM
He appears to play smaller to me maybe it's those aligator arms. guess I'm wrong, huh?

He has 30" arms.

Same size arms as Jenkins. But Prince has more than 2" height advantage.

slipknottin
01-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Who is Charley Casserly?

You clearly dont belong on these forums.

Spizi
01-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Who is Charley Casserly?

Seriously! Not a fan of the Giants and you don't even know who Charley Casserly is?! You obviously don't follow the draft.

TheEnigma
01-28-2012, 08:32 PM
Charlie Casserly was actually the GM of the Texans and worked on the Redskins staff back in the 80's but the main point is that the guy does have an eye for talent. We're talking about the same guy who drafted Andre Johnson, DeMeco Ryans, and Owen Daniels. The X mark on his time there would have to be not giving Carr good enough protection. Still, I value his opinions over many other experts.

Raptor22
01-28-2012, 09:18 PM
Charlie Casserly was actually the GM of the Texans and worked on the Redskins staff back in the 80's but the main point is that the guy does have an eye for talent. We're talking about the same guy who drafted Andre Johnson, DeMeco Ryans, and Owen Daniels. The X mark on his time there would have to be not giving Carr good enough protection. Still, I value his opinions over many other experts.

Well... Casserly's better than anyone at ESPN, but Mayock eats Casserly's (and everyone else's) lunch.

If the Bears or Colts were smart they'd just back a dump truck full of money up to Mayock's house and hope he agrees to be their GM.

look@dafilm
01-29-2012, 07:45 AM
Oh btw the 49ers suck **** hahaha go back to your own forums and talk about drafting a QB because Smith blows.

Right, remind me again how 49er fans are classless?

look@dafilm
01-29-2012, 07:48 AM
Who is Charley Casserly?

Seriously! Not a fan of the Giants and you don't even know who Charley Casserly is?! You obviously don't follow the draft.

I try to form my own opinion actually. The only names I know with the draft are the big ones on TV: Kaiper, Mayock, and Davis. Mayock is usually pretty good, but 2 years ago when he said McCoy was better than Suh, I knew he had a "shockjock" mentality in him like everyone else.

Oh, and what does being a Giants fan have to do with anything?

look@dafilm
01-29-2012, 07:49 AM
I am clearly a total ******bag.

Fixed for you.

look@dafilm
01-29-2012, 07:51 AM

We shall see if Ross or Thomas doesnt come back I think they have to draft another guy fairly high. U need at least 6 Quality starting DB's these days

If Ross or Thomas don't come back, Jenkins makes sense (if he lasts that long. I can see a team like Detroit taking him). But if either of them come back, the earliest I would take a CB is the 4th.

Redeyejedi
01-29-2012, 08:18 AM

Ross hadnt played well for 3 years. 3 years of sub par play from a first round player will get the anger of fans around here.I guess we r not as patient as 49er fans waiting what 7 seasons for Alex Smith to be competent not even good competent .

look@dafilm
01-29-2012, 03:36 PM

Ross hadnt played well for 3 years. 3 years of sub par play from a first round player will get the anger of fans around here.I guess we r not as patient as 49er fans waiting what 7 seasons for Alex Smith to be competent not even good competent .

Wow, Giants fans must be wound uptight because even when I'm just discussing football, you feel as though I'm taking shots at you and therefore must try to take shots at me. All I said was Ross is not a "bust" like some try to say he is. He is still a decent nickel back. Just because someone was a 1st round pick doesn't mean that if they aren't all-pro they aren't useful.

bLuereverie
01-29-2012, 04:14 PM
If Ross does come back, it should be a short contract. Any longer and we should be talking a backup's salary. Ross is most effective on the outside. He would probably be a safer starter next year than Prince who is still learning the NFL position.

However, there are maybe 3 or 4 guys on the Giants I want covering the middle of the field before Ross.

heavyhitter
01-29-2012, 05:14 PM
He's under 5'10''. Too small. He needs to grow a few more inches ! ok for HS, but not the Pros.<font size="2">Ignorant post, you obviously no nothing about football much less Jenoris Jenkins. </font>

slipknottin
01-29-2012, 05:21 PM
He's under 5'10''. Too small. He needs to grow a few more inches ! ok for HS, but not the Pros.<font size="2">Ignorant post, you obviously no nothing about football much less Jenoris Jenkins. </font>

Ignorant post. you obviously know nothing about football, much less the giants.

The giants just do not draft undersized DBs. Jenkins is under 5'10. He is not a fit at all.

And thats not to say he wont be a really good player in the nfl, I think he can be. But it wont be on the giants.

heavyhitter
01-29-2012, 05:36 PM
<font size="2">The Giants shouldn't even have to take a CB in the 1st round after taking Amukamara at 19th overall last year. When you draft a player that high, you expect big things from him and to at least be a starter. Everyone knows JR picks BPA, &amp; if Jenkins happens to be that guy I'd be thrilled. I think one, maybe 2 DB's (mid-late rounds) may be drafted this year. I think they target an OL or DL w/ the 1st rounder.</font>

heavyhitter
01-29-2012, 05:40 PM

The giants just do not draft undersized DBs. Jenkins is under 5'10. He is not a fit at all.

And thats not to say he wont be a really good player in the nfl, I think he can be. But it wont be on the giants.<font size="2">Woo, woo, slow your roll tough guy. I'm talking about the part where he's talking about he needs to grow a few more inches (already grown), and he's ok for HS, but not the pros. That's the ignorant statement I'm talking about. </font>

heavyhitter
01-29-2012, 05:56 PM
Here's a good article on Janoris Jenkins. Link: http://jacksonville.com/sports/college/florida-gators/2012-01-28/story/grass-greener-ex-gator-janoris-jenkins

<font size="2">Janoris Jenkins had a choice during that car ride from Gainesville to
Pahokee when he left behind the place where his dreams were supposed to
come true.</font></p>

<font size="2">He rode back with his mentor and his father, both of whom tried to
plead his case with Florida coach Will Muschamp, but the time for second
chances had passed. It was one day after Muschamp kicked the star
cornerback out of Florida and it was time for them to talk about
Jenkins’ future.</font></p>

<font size="2">He could keep smoking marijuana, getting arrested and allowing that
to dictate his path. Or he could stop doing drugs, stop getting in
trouble and stop drifting further away from doing the things rare
athletic ability allowed him to do.</font></p>

<font size="2">“I just asked him at the end of the day, ‘What do you want to be in
life?’ ” said Sandy Cornelio, Jenkins’ aforementioned mentor. “Do you
want to be in the Army like I am? Do you want to work in the cornfield
like your father? Or do you want to play in the NFL? Don’t waste our
time.”</font></p>

<font size="2">They drove to Pahokee, Jenkins’ hometown, but in Jenkins’ mind his true destination became clearer.</font></p>

<font size="2">“I learned as a young man, you can’t smoke weed; it don’t get you
where you want to go,” Jenkins said. “… As a kid I had to learn for
myself. I learned for myself when I found out the hard way. I just thank
God for letting that happen to me early and not late.”</font></p>

wideright91
01-30-2012, 03:17 AM

And thats not to say he wont be a really good player in the nfl, I think he can be. But it wont be on the giants.

Speaking of ignorant posts: I'm very to see how far Dre Kirkpatrick slips...

CruzSoldier
01-30-2012, 04:13 AM
Did you see how he got abused by Micheal Floyd? Please look for the tape he was owned. I do think he'll do well against small fast recievers but big receivers will kill him.
See what happened to Newman from Dallas ? He's not the type of conner we like.

heavyhitter
01-30-2012, 05:30 AM
Did you see how he got abused by Micheal Floyd? Please look for the tape he was owned. I do think he'll do well against small fast recievers but big receivers will kill him.<font size="2">Janoris Jenkins never faced Micheal Floyd, you're probably thinking of former Cane CB Brandon Harris. As far as your statement about big receivers will kill him, I just have to sigh (Julio Jones, AJ Green, Alshon Jeffries, ect.). Highly doubt he'll even be available when the Giants pick anyway. Even though Jenkins won't be a Giant, he'll be a baller in the NFL &amp; I'll back him 100%. </font>

Kruunch
01-30-2012, 11:07 AM

Ross and TT are both FAs next year and its highly likely one or both don't make the team. And chances are TT is still a year away from being full speed ala his ACL injury.

I happen to think they dump ross and keep TT and eventually move him to Safety which means we still need a top corner in the next year or so.

That's why I think CB is going to be a position of concern in this draft (whether JJ is the answer or not).

I agree with most that the head problems on a first round pick (and the size issue) will probably make him a no-go for the Giants though.

Kruunch
01-30-2012, 11:13 AM

Just to play Devil's Advocate (and I agree that the Giants try and target larger CBs) but doesn't JJ have like the best vertical in the entire draft (we'll see at the Combine but that was the word on him)?

Kruunch
01-30-2012, 11:21 AM
<font size="2">The Giants shouldn't even have to take a CB in the 1st round after taking Amukamara at 19th overall last year. When you draft a player that high, you expect big things from him and to at least be a starter. Everyone knows JR picks BPA, & if Jenkins happens to be that guy I'd be thrilled. I think one, maybe 2 DB's (mid-late rounds) may be drafted this year. I think they target an OL or DL w/ the 1st rounder.</font>

Eh not precisely true .... he took JPP over Iupati in 2010 (Iupati being a more NFL ready talent at the time and a need position).

JR generally does a pretty good job of blending need/desire/BPA.

Ramses Barden was a great example of desire over BPA. There were better receivers that year earlier/later (and available) but JR wanted another possible Plax (bad decision but there ya go).

BlueSanta
01-30-2012, 03:12 PM
<font size="2">The Giants shouldn't even have to take a CB in the 1st round after taking Amukamara at 19th overall last year. When you draft a player that high, you expect big things from him and to at least be a starter. Everyone knows JR picks BPA, &amp; if Jenkins happens to be that guy I'd be thrilled. I think one, maybe 2 DB's (mid-late rounds) may be drafted this year. I think they target an OL or DL w/ the 1st rounder.</font>

Eh not precisely true .... he took JPP over Iupati in 2010 (Iupati being a more NFL ready talent at the time and a need position).

Ramses Barden was a great example of desire over BPA. There were better receivers that year earlier/later (and available) but JR wanted another possible Plax (bad decision but there ya go).

Seems a little revisionist to give him props for taking a chance on a physical freak like JPP, bu then condemning him for doing the exact same thing in round 3 with Barden.

Both were physical freaks and considered a bit "developmental." 1 worked out in droves and the other has yet to work out, in part because of injuries, which can hardly be predicted by a GM(in most cases.)

Back when we picked Nicks, Reese said we missed the physical outside presence since Plax departure. So, we had the guy who replaced Plax already. Therefor your guess as to why Reese selected Barden to replace plax doesnt really work. I think its fair to say Barden was selected because the guy really is a physical specimen and he produce quite amazing numbers in college.

bLuereverie
01-30-2012, 03:36 PM
There was no sure fire way to see how Nicks would turn out, so Barden was added in addition.

I think the only "physically freak" thing about Barden was his height.

look@dafilm
02-08-2012, 02:19 AM

This is for you Dragon ;)

jaxnygmen
02-12-2012, 09:05 PM
I doubt TC will take the risk again on a player who has known issues with drugs. Janoris is a stud of a player but he wasted the talent. Like Ricky Williams, he enjoys the weed a little too much.

Neverend
02-12-2012, 10:07 PM

Agreed. The guy has no speed, quickness, or burst. Vastly overrated

Raptor22
02-13-2012, 09:00 AM

Agreed. The guy has no speed, quickness, or burst. Vastly overrated

I fail to see how a mid-rounder who bested Jerry Rice's college production could be over-rated. (by the by, he's also faster than Plax. low 40 of 4.48 vs 4.59). But then again, I never expected him to be the "savior" of the franchise and the only piece missing from a superbowl run.

Unless we're saying he's overrated because he couldn't crack a top 3 that featured two of the 3 best receivers in the team's 87 year history... after a bad ankle injury, in an offense that demands chemistry with not only the QB, but every other member of the offense.

But then I don't remember anyone calling him a bust or overrated when he made tough, physical, possibly game deciding 3rd down catches when Nicks was out.

'Rio will likely be gone this offseason, and Barden will likely step up to he 3rd receiver slot. Lets see what he does when given a legitimate shot.

bLuereverie
02-13-2012, 11:32 AM
Overrated in the sense of how some fans have unrealistic expectations of this guy. Overrated in that his third round pick was clearly a 3 round reach then, and it's showing now.

He had ONE big catch against NE in what was ultimately finished as a two catch performance.

He's had shots when he wasn't injured, and he has shown nothing that suggests he can gain separation from an NFL DB.

If he produces, great. That will only help the team. But it would be foolish for the Giants to not search to improve the third receiver position based on faith on Barden alone. The 40time is perhaps one of the most exaggerated stat in scouting.

Kruunch
02-14-2012, 10:32 AM
<font size="2">The Giants shouldn't even have to take a CB in the 1st round after taking Amukamara at 19th overall last year. When you draft a player that high, you expect big things from him and to at least be a starter. Everyone knows JR picks BPA, & if Jenkins happens to be that guy I'd be thrilled. I think one, maybe 2 DB's (mid-late rounds) may be drafted this year. I think they target an OL or DL w/ the 1st rounder.</font>

Seems a little revisionist to give him props for taking a chance on a physical freak like JPP, bu then condemning him for doing the exact same thing in round 3 with Barden.

Both were physical freaks and considered a bit "developmental." 1 worked out in droves and the other has* yet to work out, in part because of injuries, which can hardly be predicted by a GM(in most cases.)

Back when we picked Nicks, Reese said we missed the physical outside presence since Plax departure. So, we had the guy who replaced Plax already. Therefor your guess as to why Reese selected Barden to replace plax doesnt really work. I think its fair to say Barden was selected because the guy really is a physical specimen and he produce quite amazing numbers in college.

1) I was only pointing out that BPA means different things to different people. Reese's draft board BPA might not necessarily be the same as yours or what conventional wisdom might dictate.

2) Reese was quoted as saying "We see Barden as a potential replacement for the size we lost with Plax".

Having looked at our last few starting CBs (CWeb, T2, Ross, Prince, etc ...) they are all uniformly 6-0". To Slipknot's point, I agree that JJ's size alone might lower his stock on the Giant's draft board.

Conversely he has a better 40 time then Ross did coming out of college and that was one of the reasons we drafted Ross. It will be interesting to see what his Combine numbers turn up.

heavyhitter
02-14-2012, 03:23 PM

Both were physical freaks and considered a bit "developmental." 1 worked out in droves and the other has yet to work out, in part because of injuries, which can hardly be predicted by a GM(in most cases.)

1) I was only pointing out that BPA means different things to different people. Reese's draft board BPA might not necessarily be the same as yours or what conventional wisdom might dictate.

2) Reese was quoted as saying "We see Barden as a potential replacement for the size we lost with Plax".

Having looked at our last few starting CBs (CWeb, T2, Ross, Prince, etc ...) they are all uniformly 6-0". To Slipknot's point, I agree that JJ's size alone might lower his stock on the Giant's draft board.

Conversely he has a better 40 time then Ross did coming out of college and that was one of the reasons we drafted Ross. It will be interesting to see what his Combine numbers turn up.<font size="2">I can see Dallas making a move for Janoris Jenkins or Dre Kirkpatrick unless they sign a Cortland Finnegan or other big name CB in free agency. They could use the help, that's for sure.</font>

Kruunch
02-15-2012, 10:24 AM

Both were physical freaks and considered a bit "developmental." 1 worked out in droves and the other has* yet to work out, in part because of injuries, which can hardly be predicted by a GM(in most cases.)

Conversely he has a better 40 time then Ross did coming out of college and that was one of the reasons we drafted Ross. It will be interesting to see what his Combine numbers turn up.<font size="2">I can see Dallas making a move for Janoris Jenkins or Dre Kirkpatrick unless they sign a Cortland Finnegan or other big name CB in free agency. They could use the help, that's for sure.</font>

Agree.

bLuereverie
02-15-2012, 10:41 AM
If Ingram is sitting on their lap at 14. I think Dallas has a better draft by replacing Spencer with him, then work rounds 2-5 in a deep CB draft to fix their secondary. That is what I am hoping they won't do.

nygsb42champs
02-15-2012, 11:44 AM
With his track record I do not think he would be a good fit in the birhgt lights of NYC.

Redeyejedi
02-15-2012, 04:30 PM

Agreed. The guy has no speed, quickness, or burst. Vastly overratedIf u have no quickness or burst u need to be physical to be successful and he isnt that either. That pick bothered me when they made it but I did understand it.

Kruunch
02-15-2012, 04:43 PM

Agreed. The guy has no speed, quickness, or burst. Vastly overratedIf u have no quickness or burst u need to be physical to be successful and he isnt that either. That pick bothered me when they made it but I did understand it.

It bothers me more that he's still on the team.

bLuereverie
02-15-2012, 04:50 PM

It bothers me more that he's still on the team.

I agree with both of you.