PDA

View Full Version : Did Plax unwittingly start us on our Super Bowl Run?

SEC105
01-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Quite frankly it was galling to have Rex [ <FONT color=#ff0000>master mind manipulator </FONT><FONT color=#000000>] Ryan send Plax out to midfield as the lone captain vs the Giants Christmas Eve........don't know if PB even wanted to do that....but we can besure the Giant Staff and Players were not amused with our Super Bowl Hero as lone man to take us out</FONT></P>

By no means was this the only reason we are where we are........but?</P>

Any thoughts?</P>

nygsb42champs
01-27-2012, 12:41 PM
I would think it was big mouth Rex that got our juices flowing more than Plax.

NYG4ME
01-27-2012, 12:43 PM
How about it was the NEW YORK GIANTS that started their own superbowl run.

MattMeyerBud
01-27-2012, 12:46 PM
Quite frankly it was galling to have Rex [ <font color="#ff0000">master mind manipulator </font><font color="#000000">] Ryan send Plax out to midfield as the lone captain vs the Giants Christmas Eve........don't know if PB even wanted to do that....but we can besure the Giant Staff and Players were not amused with our Super Bowl Hero as lone man to take us out</font></p>

By no means was this the only reason we are where we are........but?</p>

Any thoughts?</p>

well i think that was the game that obviously started this run for us, even though I think we really turned the corner vs GB and then just let down vs Wash.

But I def think Ryan was trying to play with our guys minds, not sure they cared either way. I think they were just more happy for plax on a personal level

JJC7301
01-27-2012, 12:47 PM
I would think it was big mouth Rex that got our juices flowing more than Plax.</P>

+1. Yeah, I think Rex was actually able to motivate a NY football team -- ours.</P>

I don't know how the Giants players felt, but I thought Rex was trying to be a wise ***. I'm not even a Rex hater, but he deserves extra servings of crow for all of his talk regardless of whether or not we win the SB.</P>

GameTime
01-27-2012, 12:48 PM
</P>

^^ this</P>

GIANTSFAN148
01-27-2012, 01:03 PM

Olax gets no credit this time, all gmen

gmen0820
01-27-2012, 01:06 PM
Rex always does that. He sent Kevin O'Connell out there vs the Patriots. He does that with players playing their former teams.

It's worked wonders for him lol

pjam84
01-27-2012, 01:10 PM
interesting. i highly doubt that had an impact. i think the giants were on a mission, and plaxico was the last thing on their minds.

when i read the thread title, i thought you were gonna go in a different direction with it.

like...after plaxico shot himself, the giants front office seemed to scout receivers better than any other team in the league. since '08 we've gotten hakeem nicks, mario manningham, and victor cruz. not to mention all of the other receivers the giants went after and attempted to groom.

personally, i don't know if i would consider that the key contribution to our current success, as i think the foundation we are winning with now had already been established before plax left. but he we've certainly become a superior passing team since plax has left us. thank eli. thank the receivers. thank both. but it's happened.

Joe Morrison
01-27-2012, 01:19 PM
interesting. i highly doubt that had an impact. i think the giants were on a mission, and plaxico was the last thing on their minds. when i read the thread title, i thought you were gonna go in a different direction with it. like...after plaxico shot himself, the giants front office seemed to scout receivers better than any other team in the league. since '08 we've gotten hakeem nicks, mario manningham, and victor cruz. not to mention all of the other receivers the giants went after and attempted to groom. personally, i don't know if i would consider that the key contribution to our current success, as i think the foundation we are winning with now had already been established before plax left. but he we've certainly become a superior passing team since plax has left us. thank eli. thank the receivers. thank both. but it's happened.</P>

Cruz was a walk on!</P>

yoeddy
01-27-2012, 01:19 PM
Quite frankly it was galling to have Rex [ <FONT color=#ff0000>master mind manipulator </FONT><FONT color=#000000>] Ryan send Plax out to midfield as the lone captain vs the Giants Christmas Eve........don't know if PB even wanted to do that....but we can be*sure the Giant Staff and Players were not amused with our Super Bowl Hero as lone man to take us out</FONT></P>

Any thoughts?</P>

How the team does is more about how well they prepare during the week...so Rex's mouth was a bigger factor...

FBomb
01-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Sure, why not? He owed us one anyway!

Roosevelt
01-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Quite frankly it was galling to have Rex [ <font color="#ff0000">master mind manipulator </font><font color="#000000">] Ryan send Plax out to midfield as the lone captain vs the Giants Christmas Eve........don't know if PB even wanted to do that....but we can besure the Giant Staff and Players were not amused with our Super Bowl Hero as lone man to take us out</font></p>

By no means was this the only reason we are where we are........but?</p>

Any thoughts?</p>

Hey 105,

That move looks pretty stupid now.

From the beginning Rex tried to pump up his team at our expense. So there's no doubt he got us fired up. But as for that moment, I don't think the guys had time to really digest it. And after spanking them it just became something to laugh about.

SweetZombieJesus
01-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Black curtains. And win or lose, he's going to need a few extra yards (we have the XXXV logo up there so it goes up no matter what)

http://a.espncdn.com/media/motion/2011/1224/nyc_111224_GiantsCurtain.jpg

jomo
01-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Quite frankly it was galling to have Rex [ <FONT color=#ff0000>master mind manipulator </FONT><FONT color=#000000>] Ryan send Plax out to midfield as the lone captain vs the Giants Christmas Eve........don't know if PB even wanted to do that....but we can be*sure the Giant Staff and Players were not amused with our Super Bowl Hero as lone man to take us out</FONT></P>

Any thoughts?</P>Hey SEC. It was either Plax or the guy who hung the green (puke green) drapes over our championship banners near our locker room. lol

Firenugget
01-27-2012, 02:40 PM
I think the Jets as a whole (not giving Plax that much credit) did quite a bit to piss everyone off and one could probably honestly say that since then, they've had a different mentality/drive/spark (whatever you want to call it).

I'm sure that if we do win, you'll hear something to that effect in America's Game somewhere.

Bluesmagoo
01-27-2012, 03:02 PM
I don't know how this cult of Ryan began. To label any Ryan a "genious" is a great slap in the face to anyone that got past 6th grade. They may be football "smart" but that is about it. And I assure you that Peyton, Eli, Brady and even the loathsome Steve Young look askance at those slugs.

miked1958
01-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Quite frankly it was galling to have Rex [ <FONT color=#ff0000>master mind manipulator </FONT><FONT color=#000000>] Ryan send Plax out to midfield as the lone captain vs the Giants Christmas Eve........don't know if PB even wanted to do that....but we can besure the Giant Staff and Players were not amused with our Super Bowl Hero as lone man to take us out</FONT></P>

Any thoughts?</P>

</P>

Dont know if it did or it didnt. All i k now is he had a chance to come back and didnt. Now he is watching us playing in the SB from his couch. Just like SS, Cofield, Boss all left for more money and they are all watching the New York Giants go for another Ring from their Couches. LOL. Just like when Tiki left and Shockey went down to injury. Eli always finds a way no matter who his supporting staff is around him. SO i hope all the guys that thought they were so valuable enjoy the Show Next Sunday when the NY Giants win another Title without needing their help.</P>

Voldamort
01-27-2012, 03:24 PM
Only one captain should come out for the coin toss anD that's Harry Carson HOF #53

LTMVP8686
01-28-2012, 08:48 AM
When Plax was called for offensive pass interference early in the 4th quarter of the Jets-Giants game, the play was similar to the game-winning TD Plax caught in Super Bowl 42.

GMENAGAIN
01-28-2012, 08:50 AM
Does Plax do anything wittingly??????