PDA

View Full Version : New England's Offensive Firepower

Intellect
01-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Some things to keep in mind and consider with an offense like this. Even though some may say that the offense is based on Tightends I want to remind people that Tom has and will spread the ball around. Although that offense "features" their tightends which are two of the best in the game, he can and will spread the ball around. There are plenty of weapons, and fire power and he never and I mean NEVER has back to backsubpar performances. Not to mention that runninggame which was not present last Superbowl, with the underrated battering ram BenJarvus Green-Ellis who gashed Baltimore's linebackers and the elusive potential game changing Danny Woodhead who can create havoc both in the passing and running game, there is a reason that offense is in the big danceand quiet a few more things to look out for....</P>

- Bill Belichick will have a great offensive and defensive game plan</P>

- Tom Brady is the best in the game and perhaps the best this game has ever seen.</P>

- Wes Welker although may seem like he dissappears, he still makes his key grabs and is still untouchable.</P>

- Deion Branch is sneaky, and can still get open.. have to be careful with him</P>

- Chad Ochocinco is coming off of a family death, and has been regarded as one of the best wide receivers of his generation. Although he has been quiet thus far, his talent and ability cannot be questioned and MUST and I mean MUST be taken seriously. </P>

- Rob Gronkowski is too big, too fast, too strong, too smart with great hands and is the best tightend in the NFL. He will get his grabs bar none.</P>

- Aaron Hernandez is fast, versatile, has great speed, very good hands and can play some X. He can line up in the runningback position and he too will make hisplays.</P>

- Julian Edelman is another one that although plays both sides of the ball can be very effective in both the slot and the backfield. He can mimick Wes Welker very well and got open on a few plays during the post season thus far. His elusiveness and YAC ability must be taken seriously as he can make you miss with the best of them.</P>

- BenJarvus Green-Ellis runs hard, tough, patient and can wear a defense down, he is extremely underrated and never fumbles the ball. Danny Woodhead on the other side is what I call an X-Factor because he can beat you in both the passing and running game with his quickness, elusiveness, visionand solid hands. (Also don't discount Kevin Faulk RB/WR, and Stevan Ridley)</P>

- And last but not least, Logan Mankins, Brian Waters and Matt Light have elevated the play ofthe offensive line and will keep Tom clean as much as they can. They are huge, very smart and work well together. They made it very hard for guys like Von Miller and Terrell Suggs to get through to Tom...</P>

So with all of that being said,thisin myopinion will betoo much for many. </P>

bandwgn86
01-27-2012, 02:12 PM
Some things to keep in mind and consider with an offense like this. Even though some may say that the offense is based on Tightends I want to remind people that Tom has and will spread the ball around. Although that offense "features" their tightends which are two of the best in the game, he can and will spread the ball around. There are plenty of weapons, and fire power and he never and I mean NEVER has back to backsubpar performances. Not to mention that runninggame which was not present last Superbowl, with the underrated battering ram BenJarvus Green-Ellis who gashed Baltimore's linebackers and the elusive potential game changing Danny Woodhead who can create havoc both in the passing and running game, there is a reason that offense is in the big danceand quiet a few more things to look out for....</P>

- Tom Brady is the best in the game and perhaps the best this game has ever seen.</P>

- Wes Welker although may seem like he dissappears, he still makes his key grabs and is still untouchable.</P>

- Deion Branch is sneaky, and can still get open.. have to be careful with him</P>

<FONT size=5>- Chad Ochocinco is coming off of a family death, and has been regarded as one of the best wide receivers of his generation. Although he has been quiet thus far, his talent and ability cannot be questioned and MUST and I mean MUST be taken seriously. </FONT></P>

- Rob Gronkowski is too big, too fast, too strong, too smart with great hands and is the best tightend in the NFL. He will get his grabs bar none.</P>

- Aaron Hernandez is fast, versatile, has great speed, very good hands and can play some X. He can line up in the runningback position and he too will make hisplays.</P>

- Julian Edelman is another one that although plays both sides of the ball can be very effective in both the slot and the backfield. He can mimick Wes Welker very well and got open on a few plays during the post season thus far. His elusiveness and YAC ability must be taken seriously as he can make you miss with the best of them.</P>

- BenJarvus Green-Ellis runs hard, tough, patient and can wear a defense down, he is extremely underrated and never fumbles the ball. Danny Woodhead on the other side is what I call an X-Factor because he can beat you in both the passing and running game with his quickness, elusiveness, visionand solid hands. (Also don't discount Kevin Faulk RB/WR, and Stevan Ridley)</P>

- And last but not least, Logan Mankins, Brian Waters and Matt Light have elevated the play ofthe offensive line and will keep Tom clean as much as they can. They are huge, very smart and work well together. They made it very hard for guys like Von Miller and Terrell Suggs to get through to Tom...</P>

So with all of that being said,thisin myopinion will betoo much for many. </P>i'm with you but he cant catch what is not thrown.. D-LINE for the win!

JJC7301
01-27-2012, 02:12 PM
I was just checking out the Pats stats a little while ago, and yeah, they are impressive:</P>

http://www.patriots.com/games-and-stats/statistics.html</P>

While the Giants had 2 receivers who were 1,000 yards,NE had 2 as well, plus a third who had over 900 and a 4th who had over 700.</P>

I was actually surprised by the productivity of the NE RBs (and that guy Ridley has a real nice YPC). I've never been that impressed with Law Firm, except for the fact that he never fumbles. But, they were a lot more productive than I thought.</P>

With that being said, I'll take the Giants chances. Not to be ****y and of course the Pats can win the SB, but how did they not beat us with all of those weapons in the regular season matchup when were particularly banged up?</P>

I think that NE needs to be worried about what our D can do to your O.</P>

JJC7301
01-27-2012, 02:15 PM

<FONT size=5>- Chad Ochocinco is coming off of a family death, and has been regarded as one of the best wide receivers of his generation. Although he has been quiet thus far, his talent and ability cannot be questioned and MUST and I mean MUST be taken seriously. </FONT></P>

So with all of that being said,thisin myopinion will betoo much for many. </P>

i'm with you but he cant catch what is not thrown.. D-LINE for the win!</P>

The Giants will not overlookany receiver that Brady throws to.</P>

giantsfan420
01-27-2012, 02:20 PM
and then the OP woke up.

one-i objectively believe eli is playing at a higher level than brady.

two-eddleman? u beleive he will be someone we can't handle? sure, i really hope NE puts him on cruz in the slot.

three-ochocinco the best wr of his generation??lmfao,

four-your OL got DESTROYED by our dl 4 yrs ago. i dont know how u think they'll do being 4 yrs older, slower, and less athletic.

deon branch? lol.

u got two things going for u, ur te's. and one of em i believe will not play and if he does will just be a decoy.

welker has seemingly taken a couple steps back, he hasnt had a dominant game in weeks it seems.

Brady is the type of QB who if u get him off his spot in the pocket, he becomes very, well, ordinary. our dl will do that at least, i expect several sacks. the only qb's our DL struggles with are the ones who can scramble. brady will be a sitting duck.

most importantly, your defense will have absolutely no shot at containing our offense. whether its the run game or pass attack, we will be able to do what we want at will...i dont mean to be disrespectful, im just sharing with u what i believe to be true.

we beat u guys in NE "when NE absolutely NEVER has back to back losses" and when NE hadnt lost a home game with brady starting in like 4 years....oh and we did it without our starting rb and #1 wr, oh yeah wihout a few of our OL and DB's and with several of our starters being really banged up and not healthy....i just dont think the two teams are even close in talent. i just see us being the better team, but quite a margin.

NE had all that success bc opposing teams couldnt match your qb play...well now brady will have to match eli's play and i just dont think he'll be able to.

it should be a great game and a lot of fun. at least u'll have the consolation of being the second best team.

CDN_G-FAN
01-27-2012, 02:21 PM
no one (well, no one who is intelligent) is questioning the talent of your offense.</P>

the question is, who's closer to negating offensive output, our defense against tom or your defense against Eli.</P>

if wilfork plays like he did against baltimore, we're in trouble, because no on expect tom brady to come up and barf it up like he did against the Ravens.</P>

but if wilfork plays like he did for most of the Pats regular season, then Eli is going to have a MUCH easier time against your defense than you will against ours.</P>

one thing that is underestimated about our group is how battle-tested they are.</P>

we've been playing elimination games for more than a month, the confidence in our locker room is high but not so high that we take an opponent lightly.</P>

we've faced offensive powerhouses, and we've faced defensive powerhouses, and we're still here.</P>

in a dome on on fast turf, if our offense gets a fast start, i don't think your offense will play well against our defense with a lead.</P>

if its a close game, and wilfork is having a beast of a day, i think the giants lose.</P>

JJC7301
01-27-2012, 02:27 PM
no one (well, no one who is intelligent) is questioning the talent of your offense.</P>

the question is, who's closer to negating offensive output, our defense against tom or your defense against Eli.</P>

if wilfork plays like he did against baltimore, we're in trouble, because no on expect tom brady to come up and barf it up like he did against the Ravens.</P>

but if wilfork plays like he did for most of the Pats regular season, then Eli is going to have a MUCH easier time against your defense than you will against ours.</P>

one thing that is underestimated about our group is how battle-tested they are.</P>

we've been playing elimination games for more than a month, the confidence in our locker room is high but not so high that we take an opponent lightly.</P>

we've faced offensive powerhouses, and we've faced defensive powerhouses, and we're still here.</P>

in a dome on on fast turf, if our offense gets a fast start, i don't think your offense will play well against our defense with a lead.</P>

if its a close game, and wilfork is having a beast of a day, i think the giants lose.</P>

</P>

I agree with your assessment and I'm not taking away anything from the greatness of Wilfork, but I don't expect him to have that same game against us that he had against the Ravens. Not that he's not capable of it. </P>

But even if he does, I still think we win this game. Wilfork had that great game, and still the Ravens were this [ ] close to at least sending the game into OT.</P>

Mod_C
01-27-2012, 02:30 PM
Some things to keep in mind and consider with an offense like this. Even though some may say that the offense is based on Tightends I want to remind people that Tom has and will spread the ball around. Although that offense "features" their tightends which are two of the best in the game, he can and will spread the ball around. There are plenty of weapons, and fire power and he never and I mean NEVER has back to backsubpar performances. Not to mention that runninggame which was not present last Superbowl, with the underrated battering ram BenJarvus Green-Ellis who gashed Baltimore's linebackers and the elusive potential game changing Danny Woodhead who can create havoc both in the passing and running game, there is a reason that offense is in the big danceand quiet a few more things to look out for....</p>

- Bill Belichick will have a great offensive and defensive game plan</p>

- Tom Brady is the best in the game and perhaps the best this game has ever seen.</p>

- Wes Welker although may seem like he dissappears, he still makes his key grabs and is still untouchable.</p>

- Deion Branch is sneaky, and can still get open.. have to be careful with him</p>

- Chad Ochocinco is coming off of a family death, and has been regarded as one of the best wide receivers of his generation. Although he has been quiet thus far, his talent and ability cannot be questioned and MUST and I mean MUST be taken seriously. </p>

- Rob Gronkowski is too big, too fast, too strong, too smart with great hands and is the best tightend in the NFL. He will get his grabs bar none.</p>

- Aaron Hernandez is fast, versatile, has great speed, very good hands and can play some X. He can line up in the runningback position and he too will make hisplays.</p>

- Julian Edelman is another one that although plays both sides of the ball can be very effective in both the slot and the backfield. He can mimick Wes Welker very well and got open on a few plays during the post season thus far. His elusiveness and YAC ability must be taken seriously as he can make you miss with the best of them.</p>

- BenJarvus Green-Ellis runs hard, tough, patient and can wear a defense down, he is extremely underrated and never fumbles the ball. Danny Woodhead on the other side is what I call an X-Factor because he can beat you in both the passing and running game with his quickness, elusiveness, visionand solid hands. (Also don't discount Kevin Faulk RB/WR, and Stevan Ridley)</p>

- And last but not least, Logan Mankins, Brian Waters and Matt Light have elevated the play ofthe offensive line and will keep Tom clean as much as they can. They are huge, very smart and work well together. They made it very hard for guys like Von Miller and Terrell Suggs to get through to Tom...</p>

So with all of that being said,thisin myopinion will betoo much for many. </p>

I moved this thread to the Smack Talk Forum as it is not about the GIANTS. You are welcome to post on the Boards but we only talk GIANTS FOOTBALL in TAGF

bandwgn86
01-27-2012, 02:34 PM

The Giants will not overlookany receiver that Brady throws to.</P>very true.. but i'm implying Brady wont have time to throw to any wr

Dover Giant
01-27-2012, 04:03 PM
New England is like a new Chevy Volt lots of power as long as they are new. Well the G-Men have been pulling the plugs on many powerhouses lately. I think NE will find their battery drained.

bandwgn86
01-27-2012, 08:03 PM
New England is like a new Chevy Volt .i agree..</P>

Chevy to recall Volt.. they crash and burn.. hahahaha </P>

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-source-gm-call-back-8-000-chevy-160059632.html</P>

</P>

</P>

Intellect
01-27-2012, 10:51 PM

very true.. but i'm implying Brady wont have time to throw to any wr</P>

</P>

I'm pretty sure New England is aware of the Giants pash rush and will come up with ways to neutralize that. You have to remember that guys like Von Miller, Elvis Dumervil, Haloti Ngataand Terrell Suggs were pretty much non factors during the previous post season games. We all know about your 4 solid pash rushers but with probowlers Logan Mankins and Brian Waters anchoring that line I don't think that will be a problem. </P>

bandwgn86
01-28-2012, 08:16 AM

The Giants will not overlook*any receiver that Brady throws to.</P>

*</P>

I'm pretty sure New England is aware of the Giants pash rush and will come up with ways to neutralize that.* You have to remember that guys like Von Miller, Elvis Dumervil, Haloti Ngata*and Terrell Suggs were pretty much non factors during the previous post season games.* We all know about your 4 solid pash rushers but with probowlers Logan Mankins and Brian Waters anchoring that line I don't think that will be a problem.* </P>Your coach is a super genius and I'd expect nothing less of him.. Should be a great game...
You got a final score you want to predict?

Intellect
01-28-2012, 09:16 AM

</P>

I'm pretty sure New England is aware of the Giants pash rush and will come up with ways to neutralize that. You have to remember that guys like Von Miller, Elvis Dumervil, Haloti Ngataand Terrell Suggs were pretty much non factors during the previous post season games. We all know about your 4 solid pash rushers but with probowlers Logan Mankins and Brian Waters anchoring that line I don't think that will be a problem. </P>

Your coach is a super genius and I'd expect nothing less of him.. Should be a great game... You got a final score you want to predict?</P>

No not yet lol ... but if I had to I would say 32 Patriots 24 Giants.</P>

Habu
01-28-2012, 05:50 PM
If Pats protect Brady like they have been doing recently, It will be a long night for the Giants. Light is having a Pro Bowl season. Mankins as well. Connolly has been solid in the middle. Waters is also a load to handle. The rookie RT Solder has been getting help, if needed by Gronk.

If the Giants generate no turnovers, they will be in trouble. 49'ers handed them the win gift wrapped with 2 fumbles, one unforced.

It will be either a close game determined by turnovers or a Patriot win by double digits. Eli can't get lucky tossing hail marys all game.

miked1958
01-29-2012, 01:29 AM
Some things to keep in mind and consider with an offense like this.* Even though some may say that the offense is based on Tightends I want to remind people that Tom has and will spread the ball around.* Although that offense "features" their tightends which are two of the best in the game, he can and will spread the ball around.* There are plenty of weapons, and fire power and he never and I mean NEVER has back to back*subpar performances.** Not to mention that runninggame which was not present last Superbowl, with the underrated battering ram BenJarvus Green-Ellis who gashed Baltimore's linebackers and the elusive potential game changing Danny Woodhead who can create havoc both in the passing and running game, there is a reason that offense is in the big dance*and quiet a few more things to look out for....</P>

- Chad Ochocinco is coming off of a family death, and has been regarded as one of the best wide receivers of his generation.* Although he has been quiet thus far, his talent and ability cannot be questioned and MUST and I mean MUST be taken seriously.* </P>

- Rob Gronkowski is too big, too fast, too strong, too smart with great hands and is the best tightend in the NFL.* He will get his grabs bar none.</P>

- Aaron Hernandez is fast, versatile, has great speed, very good hands and can play some X.* He can line up in the runningback position and he too will make his*plays.</P>

- Julian Edelman is another one that although plays both sides of the ball can be very effective in both the slot and the backfield.* He can mimick Wes Welker very well and got open on a few plays during the post season thus far.* His elusiveness and YAC ability must be taken seriously as he can make you miss with the best of them.</P>

- BenJarvus Green-Ellis runs hard, tough, patient and can wear a defense down, he is extremely underrated and never fumbles the ball.* Danny Woodhead on the other side is what I call an X-Factor because he can beat you in both the passing and running game with his quickness, elusiveness, vision*and solid hands. (Also don't discount Kevin Faulk RB/WR, and Stevan Ridley)</P>

- And last but not least, Logan Mankins, Brian Waters and Matt Light have elevated the play of*the offensive line and will keep Tom clean as much as they can.* They are huge, very smart and work well together.* They made it very hard for guys like Von Miller and Terrell Suggs to get through to Tom...</P>

So with all of that being said,*this*in my*opinion will be*too much for many. *</P>Remember when someone did one of these threads showing how much Firepower the Packers had, lol

miked1958
01-29-2012, 01:30 AM
How did that work out for em?
They playing in SB this year?

miked1958
01-29-2012, 01:33 AM
Just checked listing for SB next weekend and didn't see anything about all that firepower of Jennings, Nelson, driver, Finley , Crabtree, grant, Rodgers even playing in SB?

miked1958
01-29-2012, 01:34 AM
What happened to them? They were so good? How could anyone stop them

miked1958
01-29-2012, 01:34 AM
When this SB is over people will same the same about your list

miked1958
01-29-2012, 01:35 AM
Enough said

miked1958
01-29-2012, 01:35 AM
Check out the SIG for your final score.
And one of the Pats scores comes in garbage time

Intellect
01-29-2012, 03:19 AM
Just checked listing for SB next weekend and didn't see anything about all that firepower of Jennings, Nelson, driver, Finley , Crabtree, grant, Rodgers even playing in SB?</P>

Rob Gronkowski alone is better than any receiver they have, hell he's the best tightend in the NFL, and quiet possibly the best we've ever seen.</P>

Aaron Hernandez is better than any tightend they have, he is explosive, fast, can play X and he can run the ball.</P>

Wes Welker is overall better than Jennings, and still great in the slot. He is a top 5 best wide receiver is also better than every last one of their receivers. And he can still take a screen and run it for about 10 to 15 yards. </P>

Deion Branch though not mentioned with the stars, is a superbowl MVP, a very precise and detailed route runner and knows how to get open with sneaky quickess .. and he can beat you deep if you'r e not careful. He's also pretty clutch as well.</P>

They also don't have an elusive allpurpose pass catching threat out of the backfield like Danny Woodhead. He can be a potential game changer, remember 2010. Not to mention Kevin Faulk who though is older, is still capable of doing some of the same.</P>

Chad Ochocinco though quiet is not injured, is healthy as when on can outplay just about everybody with MAYBE the exception of Greg Jennings.Ifhe gets going, then he has to be doubled.</P>

Julian Edelman can do his best Wes Welker imitations, with even more elusiveness making 5 yard screens into 10 to 20 yard runs and can also take handoffs, reverses and things of that nature.</P>

BenJarvus Green-Ellis is a pound-it out hardnosed runner who's patient, with good vision and can wear a defense down never fumbling with solid hands out of the backfield and Stevan Ridley brings his dynamics as well. GreenBay has nothing like that.</P>

And Tom Brady is not only the best Quarterback in the league, but is the greatest quarterback of all time.</P>

So these guys are here in the big dance for a reason, too much versatility, too deep and can hurt you.</P>

bandwgn86
01-29-2012, 08:00 AM

The Giants will not overlook*any receiver that Brady throws to.</P>

*</P>

I'm pretty sure New England is aware of the Giants pash rush and will come up with ways to neutralize that.* You have to remember that guys like Von Miller, Elvis Dumervil, Haloti Ngata*and Terrell Suggs were pretty much non factors during the previous post season games.* We all know about your 4 solid pash rushers but with probowlers Logan Mankins and Brian Waters anchoring that line I don't think that will be a problem.* </P>

Your coach is a super genius and I'd expect nothing less of him.. Should be a great game... You got a final score you want to predict?</P>

No not yet lol ... but if I had to I would say 32 Patriots 24 Giants.</P>giants 24? We just put up 20 on SF's defence in bad weather. giving too much credit to your defence or not enough to our offence ?

bandwgn86
01-29-2012, 08:12 AM
Just checked listing for SB next weekend and didn't see anything about all that firepower of Jennings, Nelson, driver, Finley , Crabtree, grant, Rodgers even playing in SB?</P>

Rob Gronkowski alone is better than any receiver they have, hell he's the best tightend in the NFL, and quiet possibly the best we've ever seen.<stopped reading after this sentence.. We get he is good.. But he's got a little ways to go before he is even the best New England has ever seen IMO. We'll talk when he knocks Ben Coates from that pedestal

Giantsfan62
01-29-2012, 10:14 AM
Also,

unless it is a big fraud,his injury will preclude much of a serious threat,no matter how good Gronk may be when he is healthy.....

Intellect
01-29-2012, 12:03 PM

Rob Gronkowski alone is better than any receiver they have, hell he's the best tightend in the NFL, and quiet possibly the best we've ever seen.&lt;stopped reading after this sentence.. We get he is good.. But he's got a little ways to go before he is even the best New England has ever seen IMO. We'll talk when he knocks Ben Coates from that pedestal

Rob Gronkowski pound for pound is the greatest tightend New England has ever had and the best ever, no doubt. </P>

EliBlowsCruz
01-30-2012, 10:19 AM

Rob Gronkowski alone is better than any receiver they have, hell he's the best tightend in the NFL, and quiet possibly the best we've ever seen.<stopped reading after this sentence.. We get he is good.. But he's got a little ways to go before he is even the best New England has ever seen IMO. We'll talk when he knocks Ben Coates from that pedestalWhile coates was an excellent TE, Gronk is that much better

Pksoze
01-30-2012, 07:23 PM

Rob Gronkowski alone is better than any receiver they have, hell he's the best tightend in the NFL, and quiet possibly the best we've ever seen.</P>

Aaron Hernandez is better than any tightend they have, he is explosive, fast, can play X and he can run the ball.</P>

Wes Welker is overall better than Jennings, and still great in the slot.* He is a top 5 best wide receiver is also better than every last one of their receivers.* And he can still take a screen and run it for about 10 to 15 yards. </P>

Deion Branch though not mentioned with the stars, is a superbowl MVP, a very precise and detailed route runner and knows how to get open with sneaky quickess .. and he can beat you deep if you'r e not careful.* He's also pretty clutch as well.</P>

They also don't have an elusive allpurpose pass catching threat out of the backfield like Danny Woodhead.* He can be a potential game changer, remember 2010.* Not to mention Kevin Faulk who though is older, is still capable of doing some of the same.</P>

Chad Ochocinco though quiet is not injured, is healthy as when on can outplay just about everybody with MAYBE the exception of Greg Jennings.**If*he gets going, then he has to be doubled.*</P>

Julian Edelman can do his best Wes Welker imitations, with even more elusiveness making 5 yard screens into 10 to 20 yard runs and can also take handoffs, reverses and things of that nature.</P>

BenJarvus Green-Ellis is a pound-it out hardnosed runner who's patient, with good vision and can wear a defense down never fumbling with solid hands out of the backfield and Stevan Ridley brings his dynamics as well.* GreenBay has nothing like that.</P>

And Tom Brady is not only the best Quarterback in the league, but is the greatest quarterback of all time.</P>

So these guys are here in the big dance for a reason, too much versatility, too deep and can hurt you.</P>

The Patriots are good and might beat us. But lets not gas them up to much. They have a very good intermediate offense. They have no vertical passing game.

Tom Brady is a very good QB but he wasn't as good as Rodgers was this year. The Giants in two of their last 3 playoff games faced Michael Turner and Gore. The running game of New England wont scare us.

The Patriots are a worthy SB team. But this team is not the 07 Patriots or even the 2011 Packers or Saints. They're lead by a Brilliant QB and coach but the Giants matchup very well with them. Will the Giants beat them that remains to be seen...but I like the Giants chances.

bandwgn86
01-30-2012, 10:21 PM

Rob Gronkowski alone is better than any receiver they have, hell he's the best tightend in the NFL, and quiet possibly the best we've ever seen.<stopped reading after this sentence.. We get he is good.. But he's got a little ways to go before he is even the best New England has ever seen IMO. We'll talk when he knocks Ben Coates from that pedestalWhile coates was an excellent TE, Gronk is that much betterWhen RG gets 5-6 pro bowl in a row than I'll start to agree, maybe

Carbie
01-31-2012, 06:39 AM

Wes Welker is overall better than Jennings, and still great in the slot.* He is a top 5 best wide receiver is also better than every last one of their receivers.* And he can still take a screen and run it for about 10 to 15 yards. </P>

Deion Branch though not mentioned with the stars, is a superbowl MVP, a very precise and detailed route runner and knows how to get open with sneaky quickess .. and he can beat you deep if you'r e not careful.* He's also pretty clutch as well.</P>

They also don't have an elusive allpurpose pass catching threat out of the backfield like Danny Woodhead.* He can be a potential game changer, remember 2010.* Not to mention Kevin Faulk who though is older, is still capable of doing some of the same.</P>

Chad Ochocinco though quiet is not injured, is healthy as when on can outplay just about everybody with MAYBE the exception of Greg Jennings.**If*he gets going, then he has to be doubled.*</P>

BenJarvus Green-Ellis is a pound-it out hardnosed runner who's patient, with good vision and can wear a defense down never fumbling with solid hands out of the backfield and Stevan Ridley brings his dynamics as well.* GreenBay has nothing like that.</P>

at the big dance for a reason huh? lets not forget about the missed chip shot field goal that could have spelled defeat for them in the afc championship. brady even said he was horrible on that day. all the gmen have to do is use that ravens formula or well just let the front 4 get at brady and it will be a LONG day on febuary 5th

Intellect
01-31-2012, 11:21 AM

Wes Welker is overall better than Jennings, and still great in the slot. He is a top 5 best wide receiver is also better than every last one of their receivers. And he can still take a screen and run it for about 10 to 15 yards. </P>

Deion Branch though not mentioned with the stars, is a superbowl MVP, a very precise and detailed route runner and knows how to get open with sneaky quickess .. and he can beat you deep if you'r e not careful. He's also pretty clutch as well.</P>

They also don't have an elusive allpurpose pass catching threat out of the backfield like Danny Woodhead. He can be a potential game changer, remember 2010. Not to mention Kevin Faulk who though is older, is still capable of doing some of the same.</P>

Chad Ochocinco though quiet is not injured, is healthy as when on can outplay just about everybody with MAYBE the exception of Greg Jennings.Ifhe gets going, then he has to be doubled.</P>

BenJarvus Green-Ellis is a pound-it out hardnosed runner who's patient, with good vision and can wear a defense down never fumbling with solid hands out of the backfield and Stevan Ridley brings his dynamics as well. GreenBay has nothing like that.</P>

at the big dance for a reason huh? lets not forget about the missed chip shot field goal that could have spelled defeat for them in the afc championship. brady even said he was horrible on that day. all the gmen have to do is use that ravens formula or well just let the front 4 get at brady and it will be a LONG day on febuary 5th</P>

First of all everyone has a bad game every now and again, his just so happened to be the AFC Championship game. And secondly, you know he won't have a bad one again, especially in the Superbowl against the team that ended his undefeated streak and a chance at another ring. You know he will be up to the task this time around with even more weapons and more dangerous weapons at his disposal. Not to mention Rob Gronkowski dropped an automatic touchdown pass which would have had Baltimore behind by at least two touchdowns. And what may you think you can just line up pash rush and expect to beat Brady, or even use the same formula that the Ravens use. Patriots adjust to everything you throw at them and you have to remember you really don't have anybody back there to cover all of those weapons with Logan Mankins, Brian Waters, and company back there giving Brady all kinds of time to throw. </P>

Denaliman316
01-31-2012, 12:59 PM
Ocho the best of his generation? Yeah no. So he's better than Jennings, Fitzgerald, Driver, Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes and Andre Johnson?

Gimmie a break!

Gronks a beast to bring down but look who he has throwing to him hitting him in perfect stride.

Now take Jason Witten and look who he has throwing to him, Tony Romo.

Look what Green Bays WRs did to Detroit with Matt Flynn throwing.

Point is WRs true abilities are measured by how the adapt when their rhythm is thrown off with their QBs. I am not saying your guys aren't good because they are but lets not get carried away.

Oh and one last thing. I am so sick and tired of hearing about GBs throws being off due to rust. Rodgers was running for his life and not getting enough on his throws, throwing off his back foot, etc. same goes for Smith and they're scrambling QBs.

So don't go nuts.

Intellect
01-31-2012, 03:00 PM
Ocho the best of his generation? Yeah no. So he's better than Jennings, Fitzgerald, Driver, Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes and Andre Johnson? Gimmie a break! Gronks a beast to bring down but look who he has throwing to him hitting him in perfect stride. Now take Jason Witten and look who he has throwing to him, Tony Romo. Look what Green Bays WRs did to Detroit with Matt Flynn throwing. Point is WRs true abilities are measured by how the adapt when their rhythm is thrown off with their QBs. I am not saying your guys aren't good because they are but lets not get carried away. Oh and one last thing. I am so sick and tired of hearing about GBs throws being off due to rust. Rodgers was running for his life and not getting enough on his throws, throwing off his back foot, etc. same goes for Smith and they're scrambling QBs. So don't go nuts.</P>

</P>

Bottom line, who are you all going to have to cover all of those receivers. Mankins, Waters, Light, Solder and Vollmer along with Gronk and Polite will give Tom time. You have Wes Welker, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Deion Branch, Chad Ochocinco, Julian Edelman, along with Danny Woodhead and Kevin Faulk coming out of the backfield. Your best corner is Corey Webster and he is not an elite guy, hell Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie got skunked by this group. You know someone will be one on one which means someone will get open. Witten is not quiet GRONKowski, Greg Jennings is no Wes Welker, and Rodgers is no Brady... although he hada great SEASON he is no Tom Brady. Eli will have to score some points to have a chance. </P>

Non Troll NE
01-31-2012, 03:01 PM
At the end of the day it comes to physicality. If the NE O Line can punish the NYG D line and linebackers and run the ball then it will create more time for Brady. If not, well then the game becomes tougher. Keep in mind that if Cundiff does connect on that gimme kick then the game goes into OT, its not a definite loss for NE.

I believe that the Giants are the more balanced team and with Gronk at 85%? Maybe? a better Offensive team too. But the best team does not always win, its the SB after all and teams like NO have exposed the Giants D indoors. So we'll see what happens but in my humble opinion the more physical team will win.

PhilaGiant83
01-31-2012, 03:55 PM
At the end of the day it comes to physicality. If the NE O Line can punish the NYG D line and linebackers and run the ball then it will create more time for Brady. If not, well then the game becomes tougher. Keep in mind that if Cundiff does connect on that gimme kick then the game goes into OT, its not a definite loss for NE.

I believe that the Giants are the more balanced team and with Gronk at 85%? Maybe? a better Offensive team too. But the best team does not always win, its the SB after all and teams like NO have exposed the Giants D indoors. So we'll see what happens but in my humble opinion the more physical team will win.

Sorry pal, the NFL didn't start before 2001.

Non Troll NE
01-31-2012, 04:06 PM

Sorry pal, the NFL didn't start before 2001.

Huh? LOL

Denaliman316
01-31-2012, 04:36 PM

Uh The Saints "exposed" everyone indoors. Indoors is faster but then that you would think would help our run game and Cruz.

Otherwise good post.

RoanokeFan
01-31-2012, 04:38 PM
Ocho the best of his generation? Yeah no. So he's better than Jennings, Fitzgerald, Driver, Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes and Andre Johnson? Gimmie a break! Gronks a beast to bring down but look who he has throwing to him hitting him in perfect stride. Now take Jason Witten and look who he has throwing to him, Tony Romo. Look what Green Bays WRs did to Detroit with Matt Flynn throwing. Point is WRs true abilities are measured by how the adapt when their rhythm is thrown off with their QBs. I am not saying your guys aren't good because they are but lets not get carried away. Oh and one last thing. I am so sick and tired of hearing about GBs throws being off due to rust. Rodgers was running for his life and not getting enough on his throws, throwing off his back foot, etc. same goes for Smith and they're scrambling QBs. So don't go nuts.</p>

</p>

Bottom line, who are you all going to have to cover all of those receivers. Mankins, Waters, Light, Solder and Vollmer along with Gronk and Polite will give Tom time. You have Wes Welker, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Deion Branch, Chad Ochocinco, Julian Edelman, along with Danny Woodhead and Kevin Faulk coming out of the backfield. Your best corner is Corey Webster and he is not an elite guy, hell Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie got skunked by this group. You know someone will be one on one which means someone will get open. Witten is not quiet GRONKowski, Greg Jennings is no Wes Welker, and Rodgers is no Brady... although he hada great SEASON he is no Tom Brady. Eli will have to score some points to have a chance. </p>

We managed in the last game we played and won, no?

Non Troll NE
01-31-2012, 04:45 PM
I think both teams rely on the YAC, not sure who it favors more actually? The receivers are better but NE's TEs are better in terms of YAC. I think the backs are a wash. Jacobs and Bradshaw are very good but the Law Firm and Woodhead are decent too (check out the #s).

Spikes, Mayo, Anderson and Ninko are better LBs than what the Giants have but the Giants D line is better than NE's although Wilfork is fairly beastly. Our secondary is suspect, I am not sure about the Giants. QBs are basically a wash, as Eli is the hotter QB but Brady is well Brady.

bubblesmcgee
01-31-2012, 05:07 PM
Ocho the best of his generation? Yeah no. So he's better than Jennings, Fitzgerald, Driver, Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes and Andre Johnson? Gimmie a break! Gronks a beast to bring down but look who he has throwing to him hitting him in perfect stride. Now take Jason Witten and look who he has throwing to him, Tony Romo. Look what Green Bays WRs did to Detroit with Matt Flynn throwing. Point is WRs true abilities are measured by how the adapt when their rhythm is thrown off with their QBs. I am not saying your guys aren't good because they are but lets not get carried away. Oh and one last thing. I am so sick and tired of hearing about GBs throws being off due to rust. Rodgers was running for his life and not getting enough on his throws, throwing off his back foot, etc. same goes for Smith and they're scrambling QBs. So don't go nuts.</P>

*</P>

Bottom line, who are you all going to have to cover all of those receivers.* Mankins, Waters, Light, Solder and Vollmer along with Gronk and Polite will give Tom time.* You have Wes Welker, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Deion Branch, Chad Ochocinco, Julian Edelman, along with Danny Woodhead and Kevin Faulk coming out of the backfield.* Your best corner is Corey Webster and he is not an elite guy, hell Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie got skunked by this group.* You know someone will be one on one which means someone will get open.* Witten is not quiet GRONKowski, Greg Jennings is no Wes Welker, and Rodgers is no Brady... although he had*a great SEASON he is no Tom Brady.* Eli will have to score some points to have a chance. </P>

I guess we should just concede now. You win. There is no way the giants can cover all those guys they have never played a team like the 2011 Patriots. The 2011 Patriots are better offensively than every single team the giants have beaten so far this year which ironically includes the 2011 Patriots who were beaten 24-20...by the giants. But youre right its hopeless for the giants

Non Troll NE
01-31-2012, 05:26 PM
I think he meant that it will be a shoot out.