PDA

View Full Version : The Redskins Coaches spill The Beans on how to Beat the Giants

burier
01-27-2012, 02:00 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2012/01/27/the_skinny_on_beating_the_giants/?page=3

Apparently you shut Eli down by making him throw "over" you.

Who knew.

giantsfan420
01-27-2012, 02:05 PM
pfff. please. that was honestly the clearest example of a team beating themselves.

i dont know how NE can gameplan to make sure our WR drop wide open TD passes.

eli is one of the most accurate downfield passers playing. if NE tries to beat us by having eli throw over the top, we'll put up 30 points in a half.

i dont see how their is anyway to defend our offense. if they go all out to stop the pass, they dont have a front 7 that can stop our run game with just there personnel like SF did. if they try and take away the run, eli throws to the 1v1 coverage all day.

i am not trying to be disrespectful, i just see eli crushing them and the giants winning by a few scores.

its not like our defense vs their offense where we need to get brady off his spot, eli and our offense can do so many things and be successful in so many ways. and i'm confident with our offensive scheme that no matter what we do, the wrs will be running their routes into the weakness of the defense.

CDN_G-FAN
01-27-2012, 02:12 PM
getting in his passing lanes is a sound strategy, in the past eli has gotten into trouble with batted balls at the line.</P>

but we have alot more targets now and you can't just roll coverage to Plax or SS like you could in the old days.</P>

i liked the respect the giants were getting from some of these coaches, bradshaw and nicks in particular.</P>

to me the key of the game is still how you handle wilfork.</P>

if we have to double and triple him all game we're in big trouble.</P>

JJC7301
01-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Well, the Redskins did something right. Then again, we did something right against NE when we played them earlier this season.

FloydEddings2
01-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Good article. Thanks for the link. If anyone knows how to beat the Giants, it's the Skins.

EliTE
01-27-2012, 03:15 PM
Good article. Thanks for the link. If anyone knows how to beat the Giants, it's the Skins.
yea because they beat us so many times over the last few seasons.... /sarcasm

DragonSoul
01-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Well, the Redskins did something right.* Then again, we did something right against NE when we played them earlier this season.defense would have helped as well

FBomb
01-27-2012, 03:22 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2012/01/27/the_skinny_on_beating_the_giants/?page=3

Who knew.

So, they should LET our receivers get behind them? Sound advice!!! I hope they do all day!!

giantfanatic
01-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Face it - the Giants do not get up for the redskins. That may change next year, but most humans would have looked at this year's schedule and penciled in two W's.

GreenZone
01-27-2012, 03:39 PM
So, who do the Giants go to to gameplan the Patriots?

With any luck, we'll never know.

Mercury
01-27-2012, 03:43 PM
Yes, wait til Eli audible's to "rocket," then jump up and intercept the pass to Nicks, walk into endzone.

bashful
01-27-2012, 03:48 PM
f the redskins- shannahan losers

Gianthunter
01-27-2012, 03:51 PM
WOW MAN that was insightful. Much ado about nothing.

BigBlueFanNJ
01-27-2012, 03:55 PM
Maybe the Redskins can get a Lombardi trophy for beating the Giants twice in one season....not! The only meaningful games the Redskins have played in years!

gmen0820
01-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Well obviously that will bother a QB. Loving the Bradshaw props. People seem to ride Jacobs so hard but it's not even close to who is better of the two.

calzonesays
01-27-2012, 04:44 PM
I love how the Redskins think they are some sort of juggernaut team that has the answers of beating everyone. If your team was soooo great, why didn't you even crack .500?

I'm sure the Ravens have the "blue print" of beating Tom Brady too, get a pass rush going and knock Brady down A LOT...

Voldamort
01-27-2012, 04:53 PM
please the giants beat themselves

Itlan
01-27-2012, 04:57 PM
You do realize he's not talking about Eli throwing over the DBs. He's talking about the line. To keep Eli in the pocket and make him throw over the line.

Has nothing to do with COVERAGE schemes, it's about the pass rush. Stay in your lanes and collapse the pocket, don't let him move inside/outside it or he'll kill you.

bLuereverie
01-27-2012, 05:03 PM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7143/6772845675_23bc7fc71c_b.jpg

Roosevelt
01-27-2012, 05:21 PM
pfff. please. that was honestly the clearest example of a team beating themselves.

i dont know how NE can gameplan to make sure our WR drop wide open TD passes.

eli is one of the most accurate downfield passers playing. if NE tries to beat us by having eli throw over the top, we'll put up 30 points in a half.

i dont see how their is anyway to defend our offense. if they go all out to stop the pass, they dont have a front 7 that can stop our run game with just there personnel like SF did. if they try and take away the run, eli throws to the 1v1 coverage all day.

i am not trying to be disrespectful, i just see eli crushing them and the giants winning by a few scores.

its not like our defense vs their offense where we need to get brady off his spot, eli and our offense can do so many things and be successful in so many ways. and i'm confident with our offensive scheme that no matter what we do, the wrs will be running their routes into the weakness of the defense.

I hope you're right, but I'm not so sure where the confidence is coming from. It took 59 minutes and 43 seconds to beat them the last time we played.

Yes, I know we have Nicks and Bradshaw back, but Ballard played a big role for us, and who knows what we'll get out of him this time.

Brady was pretty shaky as well and I'm expecting more from him. Of course our D-line will have a big say in that.

Bottom line is the roles are reversed from 2007. The Pats may have taken us a bit lightly going into that game. There's no chance of that happening this time.

I see this game being closer than you think. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Roosevelt
01-27-2012, 05:25 PM
You do realize he's not talking about Eli throwing over the DBs. He's talking about the line. To keep Eli in the pocket and make him throw over the line.

Has nothing to do with COVERAGE schemes, it's about the pass rush. Stay in your lanes and collapse the pocket, don't let him move inside/outside it or he'll kill you.

Every QB looks for the lanes unless you're a giraffe. I don't see that strategy as any revelation.

Itlan
01-27-2012, 05:39 PM

Every QB looks for the lanes unless you're a giraffe.* I don't see that strategy as any revelation.*

What is this, I don't even...

RoanokeFan
01-27-2012, 05:58 PM

Who knew.

Spill the beans? Wouldn't Belichick have gone after the Redskins game tapes first? We lost to them twice. Not rocket science.

JMFP2
01-27-2012, 06:04 PM
Thankfully, we aren't facing Rex Grossman next week.

FlipNYG77
01-27-2012, 06:09 PM
Giant coaches shared their secret to the Redskins on how to make the playoffs

Denaliman316
01-27-2012, 06:15 PM
Yeah except we always play down to bad teams.

So apparently the Jets, Cowboys, Falcons, Packers, or 49ers didn't read that. Yeah this article was out last week too.

DragonSoul
01-27-2012, 06:26 PM
I love how the Redskins think they are some sort of juggernaut team that has the answers of beating everyone.* If your team was soooo great, why didn't you even crack .500?

I'm sure the Ravens have the "blue print" of beating Tom Brady too, get a pass rush going and knock Brady down A LOT...
If Rex says so, then it must be so.

giantyankee1976
01-28-2012, 09:03 AM
Face it - the Giants do not get up for the redskins. That may change next year, but most humans would have looked at this year's schedule and penciled in two W's.

I couldn't agree more.

when you think a team is cake, you play like it.

Who can really deny that a few games this season, the Giants sort of played "down" to the team they were facing only to ratchet it up with a better "quality" team?

Except the Saints though, they irk me with their classless way of running up the score and it looked like our guys just said,"oh, to hell with it."

(Hope the NYG remember that Belicheck LOVES to run up scores too)

hadenough
01-28-2012, 09:11 AM
I think that's a great article....it really makes is seem like coaches throughout the league really respect the Giants players and coaches. Maybe I've been too hard on our coaching staff....not without good reason though....the 2nd half collapes and terrible play calls from time to time call for a ripping.

NYG 5
01-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Gameplan number 1; molest dave diehl, bubblebass, and k-mac with your front 4

Gameplan number 2: let the giants frustrate themselves, and let wrecks throw the ball up and hope for the best

I could see wilfork abusing baas, but i say keep jacobs in to pass block and let him get vengeance for that dirty eye poke in 2007