PDA

View Full Version : One thing I noticed about Eli and Cruz

burier
01-27-2012, 03:32 PM
I was rewatching the NFC championship game last night during the first drive Eli throws a pass in Cruz's direction but Cruz wasn't there. They weren't on the same page and you see Eli talking to Cruz for a good length of time.

After seeing how the game played out you get the sense that Eli was trying to let Cruz know..."look man the ball is gonna be coming your way ALOT so get your head in the game."

And of course the rest is history.

Seducer
01-27-2012, 03:39 PM
I was rewatching the NFC championship game last night during the first drive Eli throws a pass in Cruz's direction but Cruz wasn't there. They weren't on the same page and you see Eli talking to Cruz for a good length of time. After seeing how the game played out you get the sense that Eli was trying to let Cruz know..."look man the ball is gonna be coming your way ALOT so get your head in the game." And of course the rest is history.</P>

Or maybe he just said "hey cruz, based on the coverage I saw there I thought you should of zigged instead of zagged"</P>

Mod_C
01-27-2012, 03:41 PM
I was rewatching the NFC championship game last night during the first drive Eli throws a pass in Cruz's direction but Cruz wasn't there. They weren't on the same page and you see Eli talking to Cruz for a good length of time. After seeing how the game played out you get the sense that Eli was trying to let Cruz know..."look man the ball is gonna be coming your way ALOT so get your head in the game." And of course the rest is history.</p>

Or maybe he just said "hey cruz, based on the coverage I saw there I thought you should of zigged instead of zagged"</p>

That's more likely

burier
01-27-2012, 03:43 PM
I was rewatching the NFC championship game last night during the first drive Eli throws a pass in Cruz's direction but Cruz wasn't there. They weren't on the same page and you see Eli talking to Cruz for a good length of time. After seeing how the game played out you get the sense that Eli was trying to let Cruz know..."look man the ball is gonna be coming your way ALOT so get your head in the game." And of course the rest is history.</p>

Or maybe he just said "hey cruz, based on the coverage I saw there I thought you should of zigged instead of zagged"</p>

That's more likely

That's not really the point but whateves.

Gmen2005
01-27-2012, 04:00 PM

Oh God I wish that's what he said. That was great.

GameTime
01-27-2012, 04:02 PM
I was rewatching the NFC championship game last night during the first drive Eli throws a pass in Cruz's direction but Cruz wasn't there. They weren't on the same page and you see Eli talking to Cruz for a good length of time. After seeing how the game played out you get the sense that Eli was trying to let Cruz know..."look man the ball is gonna be coming your way ALOT so get your head in the game." And of course the rest is history.</P>

Or maybe he just said "hey cruz, based on the coverage I saw there I thought you should of zigged instead of zagged"</P>

</P>

It was more than that I would think just based on the look on Eli's face and the more than "just a few words" said by Eli...</P>

As great as Cruz has been heis still youngthere is always room for improvement. Thats one of the team's mantras....</P>

Roosevelt
01-27-2012, 04:04 PM
I was rewatching the NFC championship game last night during the first drive Eli throws a pass in Cruz's direction but Cruz wasn't there. They weren't on the same page and you see Eli talking to Cruz for a good length of time.

After seeing how the game played out you get the sense that Eli was trying to let Cruz know..."look man the ball is gonna be coming your way ALOT so get your head in the game."

And of course the rest is history.

lol. You are too funny. lol.

Roosevelt
01-27-2012, 04:07 PM
Amani was doing the rounds on radio today and I heard him talking about Cruz.

He said that he is in Gilbride's back pocket. Always picking his brain while trying to fully understand the offense.

He should only get better - if that is at all possible.

CDN_G-FAN
01-27-2012, 04:10 PM
Amani was doing the rounds on radio today and I heard him talking about Cruz.

He said that he is in Gilbride's back pocket. Always picking his brain while trying to fully understand the offense.

</P>

everyone loves Cruz but the thing i like the most is the fact that he seems to have an absolutely sick work ethic.</P>

i've heard it more than a few times.</P>

there's a TON of talent in this league, usually the difference between success and mediocrity is the work you put in.</P>

</P>

miked1958
01-27-2012, 04:12 PM

</P>

I liked the 49ers announcers talking about cruz eating their secondary alive. He said its like Eli and Cruz are just out there by themselves playing pitch and catch or Flag football. Niners better find an answer for this kid quick or it will be a long day</P>

giantsfan420
01-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Amani was doing the rounds on radio today and I heard him talking about Cruz.*

He said that he is in Gilbride's back pocket.* Always picking his brain while trying to fully understand the offense.

</P>

everyone loves Cruz but the thing i like the most is the fact that he seems to have an absolutely sick work ethic.</P>

i've heard it more than a few times.</P>

there's a TON of talent in this league, usually the difference between success and mediocrity is the work you put in.</P>

*</P>
i think its that factor of not being drafted, getting overlooked by the big collegiate programs.

i forget which player it was but he is in the HOF. he was asked how he was able to be so consistent and he replied along the lines of "i was always afraid I'd get cut" or something.

cruz has been humbled and u can tell it by his passion and class. i love that he's a giant. and rosie, i full out expect him to improve. he is still so raw and young. once he is able to refine his skills, he will be virtually undefendable.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
01-27-2012, 07:06 PM
Cruz made alot of plays by staying alive while Eli was moving in the pocket. Cruz had the middle of the field all day! If the o-line coulda gave Eli a clean pocket Cruz would have had like 200-250 yards in the game, I know that sounds crazy but he had 160 and on 3rd down he was open in the middle of the field a hand full of times it's just Eli was getting flushed out of the pocket and sometimes away from where Cruz was working the field.

JMFP2
01-27-2012, 07:09 PM

</P>

I liked the 49ers announcers talking about cruz eating their secondary alive. He said its like Eli and Cruz are just out there by themselves playing pitch and catch or Flag football. Niners better find an answer for this kid quick or it will be a long day</P>

</P>

Cruz reminds me of Smith in his ability to drift away from coverage at the exact right moment.</P>

jomo
01-27-2012, 07:24 PM

That's more likely
lol, yes.

YATittle1962
01-27-2012, 07:26 PM

That's more likely
lol, yes.

for sure

GMENAGAIN
01-27-2012, 08:20 PM
Eli doesn't get enough credit for the success of two UDFA's (Cruz and Ballard) on this offense . . . .