PDA

View Full Version : JPP's father will attend his sons 1st game ever in his life - Super Bowl XLVI - JPP is going to go HAM

NYG4lifeNYK
01-27-2012, 07:31 PM
http://espn.go.com/videohub/video/clip?id=7464310&categoryid=2378529

His family will all be there & more importantly his father.

This is SUCH a great story.. watch this video... everyone needs to watch this

DragonSoul
01-27-2012, 07:40 PM

Saw it last night. Hopefully He & the Giants can put on a show for him.

NYGRealityCheck
01-27-2012, 07:40 PM
+1000 Great Story....

When i see JPP on the field, I pray for the opposing QB...

And whoever told him to try out football in the parking lot should be signed to the Giant's scouting crew.

DragonSoul
01-27-2012, 07:45 PM
+1000 Great Story....

When i see JPP on the field, I pray for the opposing QB...

And whoever told him to try out football in the parking lot should be signed to the Giant's scouting crew.it was the same saying that Simms/LT talked about hen referring to Reggie White. Saying that Reggie would pray he didn't hurt you (QB), and the QB prayed that Reggie wouldn't he didn't hurt him.

Classic lol.

jomo
01-27-2012, 07:47 PM
Very nice! Let the show begin.

RoanokeFan
01-27-2012, 07:58 PM
We are learning about the players as persons, their families, their hopes, and aspirations. They are not just football players, they are part of NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS family and that is what links all of us to them.

FishinTheSalt
01-27-2012, 08:14 PM
Thats awesome, we need to win just because of this.

nycisgreat
01-27-2012, 08:20 PM

As a Haitian-American, stories like that make me feel absolutely good. I wish that he is able bring the trophy home to his father and to all the Giants fans.

JMFP2
01-27-2012, 08:30 PM
That was a very moving story.</P>

DVision
01-27-2012, 10:19 PM
JPP seems like he's a big kid, yet he's mature beyond his years and as his teammates have said "a true professional!" I can't believe one of the knocks on his draft status was that he was immature! Who does the background checks on this stuff? I'm just glad the Giants did their research!

Family adversity at an early age causes children to take on more responsibilities and mature more quickly! Especially when your a son and your father (the man of the house) is rendered disabled!

Good for him and his family! Hopefully Jason will have a monster game so his father can hear that "JPP" chant after a multi-sack game and hopefully a victory!

miked1958
01-27-2012, 10:25 PM

Wow just wow. To not even know what his son looks like

FBomb
01-27-2012, 10:31 PM
That's awesome!!!</P>

2 years ago, my father saw me sing for the very first time (he lives in Kentucky). He was a singer his whole life as well and I guess that's where I got it.</P>

I had always imagined what it would be like to finally get to play in front of him and he just decided one day that he was coming up to see my band. I think he may be ill and he isn't telling me the whole truth (wills have been changed, deeds have been signed over). </P>

I don't know what happened but my band put together 2 of the best shows we had ever played in our 20 years together and my dad was floored!!</P>

One of the greatest feelings in the world.</P>

DragonSoul
01-27-2012, 10:40 PM
That's awesome!!!</P>

2 years ago, my father saw me sing for the very first time (he lives in Kentucky). He was a singer his whole life as well and I guess that's where I got it.</P>

I had always imagined what it would be like to finally get to play in front of him and he just decided one day that he was coming up to see my band.* I think he may be ill and he isn't telling me the whole truth (wills have been changed, deeds have been signed over).* </P>

I don't know what happened but my band put together 2 of the best shows we had ever played in our 20 years together and my dad was floored!!</P>

One of the greatest feelings in the world.</P>Very nice. Well your son looks handsome, and if anything is wrong w/your dad I wish him the best. Best thing you can do is try to talk with him one on one if its possible, thats if you haunt trued it yet.

What type of music does your band play?

NJGIANTinNC
01-27-2012, 10:43 PM
I really hope the majority of the stadium will break out into a J...P...P.... chant. Would be awesome for him to hear that.

GameTime
01-27-2012, 10:47 PM
We are learning about the players as persons, their families, their hopes, and aspirations. They are not just football players, they are part of NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS family and that is what links all of us to them.

</P>

Wow...</P>

I think I just shed a tear Ro.....[:'(]</P>

Go Big Blue!!!!!!! ALL IN !!!!!!!!!!!</P>

FBomb
01-27-2012, 10:48 PM
That's awesome!!!</P>

I had always imagined what it would be like to finally get to play in front of him and he just decided one day that he was coming up to see my band. I think he may be ill and he isn't telling me the whole truth (wills have been changed, deeds have been signed over). </P>

Very nice. Well your son looks handsome, and if anything is wrong w/your dad I wish him the best. Best thing you can do is try to talk with him one on one if its possible, thats if you haunt trued it yet. What type of music does your band play?</P>

Rock.....classic and new. We have a CD of originals we recorded several years ago and we play some of them.....but mostly just covers.</P>

edit....there are several youtube videos of us that people have recorded and posted.....Under The Gun Syracuse NYis the easiest way to find them.</P>

GameTime
01-27-2012, 10:48 PM

</P>

</P>

Wow...</P>

I think I just shed a tear Ro.....</P>

Go Big Blue!!!!!!! ALL IN !!!!!!!!!!!</P>

DragonSoul
01-27-2012, 10:53 PM
That's awesome!!!</P>

I had always imagined what it would be like to finally get to play in front of him and he just decided one day that he was coming up to see my band.* I think he may be ill and he isn't telling me the whole truth (wills have been changed, deeds have been signed over).* </P>

Very nice. Well your son looks handsome, and if anything is wrong w/your dad I wish him the best. Best thing you can do is try to talk with him one on one if its possible, thats if you haunt trued it yet. What type of music does your band play?</P>

Rock.....classic and new.* We have a CD of originals we recorded several years ago and we play some of them.....but mostly just covers.</P>

edit....there are several youtube videos of us that people have recorded and posted.....Under The Gun Syracuse NY*is the easiest way to find them.</P>will check it out

frantlj
01-27-2012, 10:59 PM
Beautiful story! Thanks for sharing! I am so happy JPP is a Giant!

WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!

hungrrrry
01-27-2012, 11:01 PM
+1000 Great Story.... When i see JPP on the field, I pray for the opposing QB... And whoever told him to try out football in the parking lot should be signed to the Giant's scouting crew.it was the same saying that Simms/LT talked about hen referring to Reggie White. Saying that Reggie would pray he didn't hurt you (QB), and the QB prayed that Reggie wouldn't he didn't hurt him. Classic lol.I think he reminds me of Bruce Smith

RoanokeFan
01-27-2012, 11:01 PM

</p>

</p>

Wow...</p>

I think I just shed a tear Ro.....</p>

Go Big Blue!!!!!!! ALL IN !!!!!!!!!!!</p>

WE ARE THE <font size="6" color="#0000FF">B<font color="#FF0000">ELI</font>EVERS</font> [;)]

RoanokeFan
01-27-2012, 11:03 PM
That's awesome!!!</p>

2 years ago, my father saw me sing for the very first time (he lives in Kentucky). He was a singer his whole life as well and I guess that's where I got it.</p>

I had always imagined what it would be like to finally get to play in front of him and he just decided one day that he was coming up to see my band. I think he may be ill and he isn't telling me the whole truth (wills have been changed, deeds have been signed over). </p>

I don't know what happened but my band put together 2 of the best shows we had ever played in our 20 years together and my dad was floored!!</p>

One of the greatest feelings in the world.</p>

How cool is that??? AWESOME!

GameTime
01-28-2012, 12:29 AM
That's awesome!!!</P>

How cool is that??? AWESOME!
</P>

good story FB......glad you got that experience....</P>

killerblue8787
01-28-2012, 12:55 AM
So awesome I think Osi is also flying his father in for the first time i heard

bansaw
01-28-2012, 09:14 AM
I remember a similar story for Kerry Collins when that team went to the Superbowl

hope it turns out better lol

buffyblue
01-28-2012, 09:48 AM
I checked out the youtube videos of your band and they are good. I really liked the cover of “you oughta know” and the cover of “Pardise City” even though it was a partial video.

I watched the pregame special they had on about JPP a couple weeks ago and if I am not mistaken his father did not go blind till JPP was eight years old. It really makes my heart swell with joy that JPP is bringing his father to the game because I feel like RoanokeFan does, they are not just football players, they are part of New York Football Giants family and we are a part of that family too.

I think I am more excited about this SuperBowl than any of the others that NY Giants have been to. I can hardly wait.

I bELIeve.

MikeIsaGiant
01-28-2012, 10:17 AM
It'd be great to see a smile on his father's face after the game is over. unsung hero of the giants defense this year

swimeasy
01-28-2012, 10:23 AM
http://espn.go.com/videohub/video/clip?id=7464310&amp;categoryid=2378529

His family will all be there &amp; more importantly his father.

Thanks for sharing. Truly inspirational. Hope JPP has a highlight film game for his family to experience.