PDA

View Full Version : definition of an Elite quarterback

CGBlue
01-27-2012, 08:01 PM
According to Bayless and other Anal-less ...Eli is not an elite quarterback because he lacks luster and because of his ahhh shucks attitude on and off the field.

What a lame freakin excuse to not consider Eli elite.To me its all about the stats, tuffness and knowing the game.....Eli has showed all of that in each and every game. I didn't realize that having Bruce Willis characteristics was needed on the football field.....what a bunch of chit

bLuereverie
01-27-2012, 08:07 PM
I could care less about some ambiguous definition of a single word.

If Eli never reaches the "elite" status by general population's standards, but hoists up 4 or 5 trophies, that's quite alright with me.

CGBlue
01-27-2012, 08:11 PM
DITTO

brad
01-27-2012, 08:15 PM
This obsession people have with defining Eli as elite or not elite is ridiculous. Does it really matter? We don't need him to be recognized as elite, we just need the TEAM to win Super Bowls!

JMFP2
01-27-2012, 08:16 PM
If you use passing stats alone, Phillip Rivers is elite, and Bart Starr was not.</P>

I think anelite QBmotivates his teamto never give up, because they believe they have a chance to winanygame, against anyopponent.</P>

If that applies to Eli Manning, then yes, he's elite.</P>

TheEnigma
01-27-2012, 08:19 PM
Well, let's look at the definition of Elite first to see what we're working with.

Elite - A group of people considered to be the best in a particular society or category, esp. because of their power, talent, or wealth.

Now what talents has Eli displayed that would be considered Elite compared to other QB's?

Eli has shown exceptional skill with his pre-snap reads to diagnose the blitz.

Eli has shown he can play ball with anyone in the 4th quarter and has been superior over every other QB in that regard this year.

Eli has shown the ability to fit his passes in tight windows where only his receivers can obtain the ball at certain moments.

Eli Manning is an Elite QB this year and this is coming from someone who is more critical of his work than others on this message board.

YATittle1962
01-27-2012, 08:58 PM
that word means absolutely nothing to me

Eli has produced and has played as well as the QBs who are considered the upper echelon players

Ill put his toughness and durability against anyones who has ever played the position

and his work habits ...and teaching skills are second to none

so use whatever word you want to use

he doesnt always look pretty doing it

pretty doesnt win championships

FBomb
01-27-2012, 09:06 PM
We are playing in our second SB having ridden the entire regular season on his back! He wins us another one and they need to change how they spell it....Eli-te.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-27-2012, 09:09 PM
Eli is my QB. Screw the talking heads. There isn't anyone else I'd rather have.

JPP
01-27-2012, 09:15 PM
According to Bayless and other Anal-less ...Eli is not an elite quarterback because he lacks luster and because of his ahhh shucks attitude on and off the field.

What a lame freakin excuse to not consider Eli elite.To me its all about the stats, tuffness and knowing the game.....Eli has showed all of that in each and every game. I didn't realize that having Bruce Willis characteristics was needed on the football field.....what a bunch of chit

It is called jealousy. Most people do not want to admit that "Aww Shucks" Eli is that much better than their own QB. Not only have his stats indicated that he is Elite but more importantly his knack for making plays in the clutch. Every QB has a bad game(Rodgers vs. us) but it seems people make a bigger deal about Eli's downs and less of a deal about his ups. But like other people in the thread so far I don't care if some other fans or team doesn't consider him Elite because you know they will be even more mad when Eli is hoisting the Lombardi.

YATittle1962
01-27-2012, 09:17 PM
We are playing in our second SB having ridden the entire regular season on his back!* He wins us another one and they need to change how they spell it....Eli-te.

YES!!!!

thats the old school avi I know and love

krygny
01-27-2012, 09:18 PM
Maybe it's time to retire that word once and for all.

It's arbitrary. What's not arbitrary? Winning. In a world of only winners and losers, ...

Eli is a winner.
Brady is a winner.
Rodgers is a winner.
Breese is a winner.

Romo is a loser.
Vick is a loser.
Rivers is a loser.

MikeIsaGiant
01-28-2012, 09:27 AM

What's an "ahhh shucks" attitude? These people make dumb **** up all the time, this guy deserves not to have his job

Diamondring
01-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Mines is putting up big consistant positive numbers in almost every game.

stormblue
01-28-2012, 09:53 AM
for his entire career Terry Bradshaw
was considered "E-literate" instead of elite.
they rarely even mention him for top 5 even though he has as many rings as Montanna.

i'd rather have the rings than "Elite" accolades .

Marvelousmik
01-28-2012, 09:56 AM

Skip also said its because eli throws about 1 or 2 " hail eli's " a game

GameTime
01-28-2012, 09:59 AM
According to Bayless and other Anal-less ...Eli is not an elite quarterback because he lacks luster and because of his ahhh shucks attitude on and off the field. What a lame freakin excuse to not consider Eli elite.To me its all about the stats, tuffness and knowing the game.....Eli has showed all of that in each and every game. I didn't realize that having Bruce Willis characteristics was needed on the football field.....what a bunch of chit</P>

if thats their reason then stop listening because they are idiots...</P>

everyone has their own opinon of elite...</P>

IMO...Eli needs another year or two like he is having now to be truly elite. But thats just me.'</P>

His biggest negative in all his priorseasonsto this one are the unexplainable boneheaded plays that defy logic and description. He eliminates them while doing what he is doing now and they can all STFU....</P>

Delicreep
01-28-2012, 10:48 AM
Is any one else just happy we never hear Eli's name and Dilfers name in the same sentence anymore?

Or that the Chargers fans* have given up and never post here?

5 years ago, those were lofty goals

*I miss frighteninglightning