PDA

View Full Version : How many / if any "trick plays" have we used on Offense? Do we have a Wildcat snap play?

Razur
01-27-2012, 08:31 PM
No doubt BB is gonna throw the kitchen sink at us , do we / have we use one? I don't recall ever seeing one. I get most but not all Giants games, so if I missed it, not sure if we do well.

GmenFan1980
01-27-2012, 08:33 PM
No doubt BB is gonna throw the kitchen sink at us , do we / have we use one? I don't recall ever seeing one. I get most but not all Giants games, so if I missed it, not sure if we do well.

Direct snap to Da'rel Scott.....he fumbled the ball against the saints. Does that count?

YATittle1962
01-27-2012, 08:33 PM
as tricky as Coughlin will ever get was the direct snap to Bradshaw

it would be foolish to take the ball out of Elis hands

we will play them straight up

Razur
01-27-2012, 08:36 PM

Direct snap to Da'rel Scott.....he fumbled the ball against the saints. Does that count?

Yikes! yep it counts..guess it's not a given then..ouch..toobad....thanks

Razur
01-27-2012, 08:37 PM

we will play them straight up

Good for me..I'd rather kick their butts on our terms..

BlueJayC
01-27-2012, 08:46 PM
The Giants have that one trick play they run every 3rd or 4th and 1.....you know the one where they try and squeeze a 260lb back between the sides of 300lb linemen.......surprises the hell out of me that they never get that 1 yard......</P>

In all honesty I couldn't tell you the last time I saw any tyoe of trick play outside of a slot quickscreen or Devin Thomas end around. As much as I'd like to chastisethe Giantsfor their lack of trickerya Niner end around last week almost gave the Giants the ball in the redzone and a Packer surprise onside gave the Giants the ball on a short field.....at this point I side with TC and say stay the course.....it's gotten them this far....don't blow it getting greedy.</P>

CDN_G-FAN
01-27-2012, 09:30 PM
The Giants have that one trick play they run every 3rd or 4th and 1.....you know the one where they try and squeeze a 260lb back between the sides of 300lb linemen.......surprises the hell out of me that they never get that 1 yard......</P>

In all honesty I couldn't tell you the last time I saw any tyoe of trick play outside of a slot quickscreen or Devin Thomas end around. As much as I'd like to chastise*the Giants*for their lack of trickery*a Niner end around last week almost gave the Giants the ball in the redzone and a Packer surprise onside gave the Giants the ball on a short field.....at this point I side with TC and say stay the course.....it's gotten them this far....don't blow it getting greedy.</P>

coughlin is about maximizing his chances of winning.

trick plays are high risk high reward.

that's why Coughlin pulls blackmon after getting a penalty on a fair catch punt return, and Harbaugh leaves in the kid that dove for a fair catch punt.

i like coughlin's style of football. just play great football, stay diciplined, stay focused.

we've just looked like a differnet class of football team in the playoffs, whether its recovering the onside kick, or beating the team that's won the turnover battle all season at their own game.

JJC7301
01-28-2012, 12:24 AM
It's not TC's style. Then again, that's what would make it so much more unpredictable.

miked1958
01-28-2012, 03:01 AM

They did that direct snap to D. Scott in preseason on the fake punt. Wasnt that against the Pats in that come from behind 18-17 win?

miked1958
01-28-2012, 03:05 AM
I think it was in 4th quarter down 17-3. It was like 4th and 8 from own 35. He took snap and motored like 65 yards. That made it 17-10 then we scored again and for the two pointer to win by 1 point?

Was it a defensive or ST score? Martin scoring

calzonesays
01-28-2012, 05:04 AM
Trick plays are for teams with marginal QBs (like Alex Smith) or no confidence in their offense. Neither of which we are.

We have Eli and we are confident in our offense. Like others have said, the sauciest and closest thing to a trick play with TC &amp; Co is probably a direct snap, and even that is rare. We won't be seeing Bradshaw running the Wildcat or anything..even though it would be hilarious to see...Super Bowl isn't the time to break it out.

yoeddy
01-28-2012, 06:03 AM
Can't remember a recent one other than the above-mentioned direct snap, but in past seasons they've run reverses to Manningham and Hixon. Also, Weatherford did run a fake punt this season,..it was a mistake by Weatherford because the fake was called off, but at least it makes it known that they do have the fake in the playbook....

Diamondring
01-28-2012, 06:13 AM

we will play them straight upAny run play takes the ball out of Eli's hands so we run no type of run play? Also the Flea-Flicker still put the ball in Eli's hands that if the back can get it back to him.

Diamondring
01-28-2012, 06:14 AM

Direct snap to Da'rel Scott.....he fumbled the ball against the saints. Does that count?Yes.

NYG 5
01-28-2012, 06:51 AM
FLEA FLICKER FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

the defense bites HARD on every run play the giants do, especially tosses. man, if they would just pitch it back to eli........

bLuereverie
01-28-2012, 07:02 AM
FLEA FLICKER FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

the defense bites HARD on every run play the giants do, especially tosses. man, if they would just pitch it back to eli........

They're playing the Patriots. Are you saying Hakeem and Cruz need a trick play to exploit their secondary?

Good teams still don't bite on the flea flicker. It's a matter of discipline on those. i.e. Corey Webster against the Redskins.