PDA

View Full Version : who has more heart???

lnp12
01-27-2012, 08:51 PM
On NFL Live they just had Amani Toomer on to compare different aspects of the team from '07 to the current team...one of those aspects was heart and he (and the other guy there, don't remember who it was) said '07 had more heart, as they were the true road warriors....

Agree or disagree?

TheEnigma
01-27-2012, 08:54 PM
Not really sure to be honest since both teams have lots of it but I think that the 07 team had to rely on their heart more since they don't have the same talent as this 11 team.

Maybe we'll know for sure after this Superbowl.

GmenFan1980
01-27-2012, 08:58 PM
Equal? :D

Blue daddy
01-27-2012, 09:29 PM
This team seems to be all in also.

miked1958
01-27-2012, 09:31 PM
This team seems to be all in also.
Yes I agree. They seem lile they have this resolve that no one can beat the,

CDN_G-FAN
01-27-2012, 09:33 PM
On NFL Live they just had Amani Toomer on to compare different aspects of the team from '07 to the current team...one of those aspects was heart and he (and the other guy there, don't remember who it was) said '07 had more heart, as they were the true road warriors....

Agree or disagree?

the 07 squad had more veterans, and i think veterans usually have more heart (not that younger players can't have heart).

it would be tough to say the team you played on that won a superbowl has the same or less heart than another squad.

Roosevelt
01-27-2012, 09:34 PM

Agree or disagree?

That has yet to be determined.

Voldamort
01-27-2012, 09:38 PM
I would say both teams have heart

GameTime
01-27-2012, 09:40 PM

Agree or disagree?
</P>

With all due respect to Amani....</P>

How does really know the state of "heart" on the 2011 squad? I know he is around the facility and stuff but not being part of the team his comment is his best guess.</P>

Either way its all subjective. </P>

NJGIANTinNC
01-27-2012, 09:57 PM
I am going to have to agree with Toomer on this one.
He made a great point when he pointed to Strahan.
Strahan single handily accounted for the Majority of the "Heart" showed by the '07 team.
Same argument could also be made that he got this team going as well.

-- on another note.
Unable to create a thread on my phone...
Saw this on Deadspin.
http://m.deadspin.com/5880019/tom-brady-gave-all-his-teammates-uggs-to-celebrate-their-super-bowl-appearance

Uggs? What a G&y

JMFP2
01-27-2012, 10:02 PM
If the Giants win this one, I'd call it a draw.....2007 was a classic David v. Goliath deal....one of the greatest moments in NY sports history.</P>

This year, the Giants were decimated with injuries, so if they go all the way, they'll have their own great chapter.</P>

greenca190
01-27-2012, 10:11 PM
Amani Toomer was pretty awesome on camera. A lot better than Pierce and Bruschi. And SOOO much better than Jerry Rice. I cannot listen to Jerry stumble through sentences.

JMFP2
01-27-2012, 10:18 PM
Amani Toomer was pretty awesome on camera. A lot better than Pierce and Bruschi. And SOOO much better than Jerry Rice. I cannot listen to Jerry stumble through sentences.</P>

Amani has always been cool. I think it's the yoga.</P>

JMFP2
01-27-2012, 10:25 PM
If you want more heart, you've come to the right place.</P>

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/26th+Annual+Pop+Music+Awards+Arrivals+ak0mFhHr7kHl .jpg</P>

allentown PA
01-27-2012, 11:22 PM
idk with all the injuries this team had to deal with early on...and they were left for dead more than the 07 team..they had to win their last 2 games to get in...imo the teams they beat this year in the NFC were tougher than the 07 season.

Giants10Joe
01-27-2012, 11:29 PM
How would Toomer know how much heart this team has? He's not in the locker room everyday anymore. He just sees things through the media and probably the occasional conversation with some of the veterans. He basically sees what we see. And to me it seems like 2011 has the same amount of heart (what does that even mean anyway?) as 2007. Toomer just thinks it has less because in 2007 he got the full dose of heart but in 2011 he only gets part of it.

jomo
01-27-2012, 11:40 PM

Agree or disagree?
Who cares?? Any team that makes it to the SB has great character and heart. Splitting hairs is what pea brains in the media do to pass time. It has nothing to do with the game and can only serve as a distraction.

GameTime
01-27-2012, 11:43 PM
If you want more heart, you've come to the right place.</P>

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/26th+Annual+Pop+Music+Awards+Arrivals+ak0mFhHr7kHl .jpg</P>

</P>

now thats funny.....</P>