PDA

View Full Version : The Pats Tightends

ralphpal
01-27-2012, 08:51 PM
Its scray to think how they couldnt cover Veron Davis and he was the only reciever that they had to worry about. How are they going to cover those 2 who are better than Davis and welker. I hope they figure it out . God willing the Giants win

bLuereverie
01-27-2012, 08:53 PM
Vernon is the fastest TE in the league, probably in history. Other than those TDs, he had one additional catch.

They did a pretty good job on some other good TEs before hand.

GmenFan1980
01-27-2012, 08:56 PM
It's like week 9 NEVER happened.

they were both covered well during that game.

and...I give up :(

sunsgiants
01-27-2012, 08:59 PM
this was pretty funny and scary at the same time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhamDo7F9yI

RoanokeFan
01-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Its scray to think how they couldnt cover Veron Davis and he was the only reciever that they had to worry about. How are they going to cover those 2 who are better than Davis and welker. I hope they figure it out . God willing the Giants win

Davis is a great TE and we screwed up on the coverage. But, as a whole, the defense was outstanding in that game as they will be in the Super Bowl.

We figured out how to cover them in week 9.

M0rbid
01-27-2012, 09:23 PM
I have a stinking gut feeling, Bill Belichick will come up with trick plays for his tightends. But I'm pretty sure Coughlin is aware of that.

Razur
01-27-2012, 09:37 PM

Hit 'em at the line disrupt their routes...Front 4 use hands up high to block the lane...pressure pressure pressure...Brady doesnt run often,he's a tree..close in on him and force him to throw early..Gronk is hurting, he's powerful and hard to bring down in open field, but may not be cutting fast, so..if we pop him inside first,,slow him down,,,Welker..well..he aint the long ball so,,LB's have to be on him always..they are only as good as long as Brady can see 'em open..if he's under pressure view is blocked..we buy time to dump him in the dirt,,

gmen0820
01-27-2012, 10:26 PM
Put safeties on them, if they choose to run, it plays in our favor-big time.

Cruz 4 Prez
01-27-2012, 10:31 PM
Gronk has a high ankle sprain, and Hernandez might have a good game, but I believe our DB's will take care of them, especially if we put pressure on Brady.

BigBlue1971
01-27-2012, 10:34 PM
Its scray to think how they couldnt cover Veron Davis and he was the only reciever that they had to worry about. How are they going to cover those 2 who are better than Davis and welker. I hope they figure it out . God willing the Giants win</P>

</P>

Fewell will have some plan for these guys! he knows how good they are.</P>

they are key to the pats offense but our d will shut 'em down enough for a Giants victory imo!</P>

Bigbluefan1974
01-27-2012, 10:38 PM
Vernon Davis runs a 4.3 40. He is the fastest TE in the league and the Giants were supposed to jam him off the line. The two TDs he caught, they didn't jam him. The Giants somewhat contained them earlier in the year. Gronk still had 100 yds but I dont see that happening this time around. He has a high ankle sprain. He wont be able to cut on it and run crisp pass routs.

Intellect
01-27-2012, 11:31 PM
Vernon Davis runs a 4.3 40. He is the fastest TE in the league and the Giants were supposed to jam him off the line. The two TDs he caught, they didn't jam him. The Giants somewhat contained them earlier in the year. Gronk still had 100 yds but I dont see that happening this time around. He has a high ankle sprain. He wont be able to cut on it and run crisp pass routs.
</P>

Yeah but Gronk is so great that even half of him is more to handle for most defenses not to mention the explosive Aaron Hernandez.</P>

JJC7301
01-28-2012, 12:18 AM
I would worry about Ballard if I were you. Try not to let him score the winning TD again.

miked1958
01-28-2012, 02:40 AM
It's like week 9 NEVER happened.

they were both covered well during that game.

and...I give up :(Can't u read into the OP being a troll?

MikeIsaGiant
01-28-2012, 09:26 AM
They are a professional football team, they'll figure it out.

Vernon Davis is better than Gronk and Aaron combined IMO.

NYG 5
01-28-2012, 09:39 AM
Webby on Welker, underneath coverage on the tight ends with safety help over the top. Shad the coverage if ross cant cover branch. Gap blitz on third downan and just watch their gimmicky WR screens which they dont run as much anymore. The pats dont even run the ball so i dont get why everyone drops their lunch whenever they think of their tight ends. Its not like they have two jeremy shockeys on the roster. Theyre good route runners that rely on brady making pinpoint passes.

And their best one has a high ankle sprain which means their ankle is almost broken. Terrell Owens had a great super bowl off a broken leg, but he had a month off and is probably a hall of famer

Redeyejedi
01-28-2012, 09:58 AM
The way u beat the Giants is beating them down the field. The Pats cant do that. The Giants will crowd the short passes early in the game. Brady will take whats given early put eventually have to go down the field.When he does ,He will hold the ball longer which will allow the DE's to get home and force turnovers. Im worried about the Princess getting bailed out by the Refs though

Intellect
01-28-2012, 10:23 AM
Webby on Welker, underneath coverage on the tight ends with safety help over the top. Shad the coverage if ross cant cover branch. Gap blitz on third downan and just watch their gimmicky WR screens which they dont run as much anymore. The pats dont even run the ball so i dont get why everyone drops their lunch whenever they think of their tight ends. Its not like they have two jeremy shockeys on the roster. Theyre good route runners that rely on brady making pinpoint passes. And their best one has a high ankle sprain which means their ankle is almost broken. Terrell Owens had a great super bowl off a broken leg, but he had a month off and is probably a hall of famer</P>

Well first off Corey Webster cannot cover Wes Welker. Probowl cornerback Darelle Revis couldn't even cover Wes Welker, he has to be doubled. Secondly, Deion Branch is a precision route runner and Ross may not be able to handle him. Secondly, many teams have tried to shadow Gronkowski with a safety over the top and have failed. We are talking about a guy who is better than Gates, Witten and everyone else. He is the supreme tightend and will get his.</P>

Razur
01-28-2012, 11:08 AM
Webby on Welker, underneath coverage on the tight ends with safety help over the top. Shad the coverage if ross cant cover branch. Gap blitz on third downan and just watch their gimmicky WR screens which they dont run as much anymore. The pats dont even run the ball so i dont get why everyone drops their lunch whenever they think of their tight ends. Its not like they have two jeremy shockeys on the roster. Theyre good route runners that rely on brady making pinpoint passes. And their best one has a high ankle sprain which means their ankle is almost broken. Terrell Owens had a great super bowl off a broken leg, but he had a month off and is probably a hall of famer</P>

Well first off Corey Webster cannot cover Wes Welker.* Probowl cornerback Darelle Revis couldn't even cover Wes Welker, he has to be doubled.* Secondly, Deion Branch is a precision route runner and Ross may not be able to handle him.* Secondly, many teams have tried to shadow Gronkowski with a safety over the top and have failed.* We are talking about a guy who is better than Gates, Witten and everyone else.* He is the supreme tightend and will get his.</P>

First & Lastly....Brady on back or running for his life and Welker, Branch, & Gronk are nothing but chickens without heads running around. "Supreme" only describes the degeree of arrogance that seems to constantly work it's way into the rhetoric with NE players and fans. I hear it every season, I live here in NE. This "holier than thou" mindset was then and will be the reason now, that NE will once again lose its focus and sucumb to panic and desperation,leading to opportunity for the Giants to pound on their leader's overblown ego until it pops like pinata, and all hope spills out leaving them dazed & confused. The big difference with these teams and their fans is..The NE Patriots and their fans see this game as their God Given Right...The NY Football Giants and their fans see it as an achievment they have earned.

dinz
01-28-2012, 01:15 PM
gronkowsi at 100 perent is the best in football, no way davis is better than him.. he wont be at 100 percent for this game..

Voldamort
01-28-2012, 01:50 PM
Gonk,could be handled now one on one,Hernandez will be the problem put Rolle on him!