PDA

View Full Version : SHUT UP GIANTS!

redbeardxxv
01-27-2012, 10:09 PM
Players are talking too much. Manningham wants Edelman on the field, Osi wants to fight Light, Blah Blah Blah. Patriots are a good team with a fantastic coach. I wish these guys would stop giving them motivational material and come back down to Earth. They seem WAAAAAAAY too ****y right now. I don't want them to go into the SB feeling like they already won it. They need to go in hungry.
So far the Pats haven't said a word. Take a lesson GIANTS!

Gmen DLS
01-27-2012, 10:45 PM
I think this is part media, part hunger. They are using this as motivation and psyche for themselves but if and when media gets a hold of it they blow it up. Also shows a level of confidence. Could be that PATs are not saying much because they are worried.
I do agree that it's best to keep the trash talk low and use heavy action on game day.

rainierjef
01-27-2012, 10:45 PM
why would you not want to be covered by elderman?

hes a receiver and not a good one at that, its not easy back pedaling, shifting, turning on the break and running, or not losing your hip or footing on coverage, plus you have to know how to read receiver tells to know where their going, hes small so he can't jam anyone on the line he'll get manhandled. and hes not as fast as nicks, cruz or manningham
- fare assessment by manningham and good show of confidence i want him on the field as well

and if osi what to throw some blows let him spark the defense up just do it in the first quarter, first snap, on the patriots possession we don't need costly penalties late in the game.

GameTime
01-27-2012, 11:11 PM
Players are talking too much. Manningham wants Edelman on the field, Osi wants to fight Light, Blah Blah Blah. Patriots are a good team with a fantastic coach. I wish these guys would stop giving them motivational material and come back down to Earth. They seem WAAAAAAAY too ****y right now. I don't want them to go into the SB feeling like they already won it. They need to go in hungry. So far the Pats haven't said a word. Take a lesson GIANTS!</P>

this crap again...come on man what they are saying is such low key ****.</P>

Chill out.....</P>

swimeasy
01-27-2012, 11:21 PM
Agree with OP. Fine to make coments to their teammates in the locker room if it helps with self-motivation but keep it out of the public arena. Doesn't help the team to give board material. TC needs to lay the law down before they go to Indy.

Cruz 4 Prez
01-27-2012, 11:24 PM
Most of it is the media twisting their words around. I heard Manningham on the Boomer and whatever show, and that one guy kept trying to get Manningham to slip up, and the guy kep picking on Manningham cause he said the word "man" about 20 times. Then he started to diss Manningham b/c of the bobbles. Don't read too much into it dude. The guys are confident, and honestly right now I feel they are more talented then the Pats

TheEnigma
01-27-2012, 11:25 PM
Doesn't make me feel easy, that's for sure.

Brady and Wilfork had nothing but good things to say about Eli while our guys are trashing the opposition.

Tsk tsk...

GameTime
01-27-2012, 11:27 PM
Doesn't make me feel easy, that's for sure. Brady and Wilfork had nothing but good things to say about Eli while our guys are trashing the opposition. Tsk tsk...</P>

besides what the OP listed, which BTW, I think is not trash talk at all, the other players have all been fine.....</P>

TheEnigma
01-27-2012, 11:29 PM
Doesn't make me feel easy, that's for sure. Brady and Wilfork had nothing but good things to say about Eli while our guys are trashing the opposition. Tsk tsk...</P>

besides what the OP listed, which BTW, I think is not trash talk at all, the other players have all been fine.....</P>Fair enough. I should of said, "Not saying positive things."

ru_gmen55
01-27-2012, 11:30 PM
I generally don't enjoy too much trash talk, and trust me, I was with you when I heard the Edelman comment. It was an instant facepalm. In a game like this though, there is no such thing as bulletin board material. It's, in the words of Michael Strahan, "the Freakin' Super Bowl." The Patriots will show ready to play either way. I can do without the public arrogance, but that has been this team's thing all year long, so whatever.

swimeasy
01-27-2012, 11:33 PM

Brady and Wilfork had nothing but good things to say about Eli while our guys are trashing the opposition.

Tsk tsk...

Exactly. I was so taken aback by Wilfork in particular. If it's only media twisting then why is it only Giants talking being publicized? Nothing on Pats. And Osi should know better from 07 from Brady's comments on media day.

jomo
01-27-2012, 11:36 PM
Players are talking too much. Manningham wants Edelman on the field, Osi wants to fight Light, Blah Blah Blah. Patriots are a good team with a fantastic coach. I wish these guys would stop giving them motivational material and come back down to Earth. They seem WAAAAAAAY too ****y right now. I don't want them to go into the SB feeling like they already won it. They need to go in hungry. So far the Pats haven't said a word. Take a lesson GIANTS!</P>

this crap again...come on man what they are saying is such low key ****.</P>

Chill out.....</P>Thankyou!

bflo23
01-27-2012, 11:36 PM
Players are talking too much. Manningham wants Edelman on the field, Osi wants to fight Light, Blah Blah Blah. Patriots are a good team with a fantastic coach. I wish these guys would stop giving them motivational material and come back down to Earth. They seem WAAAAAAAY too ****y right now. I don't want them to go into the SB feeling like they already won it. They need to go in hungry.

What is the problem? Players talked before each game and backed it up. You confuse confidence with being ****y. Everybody wants Edelman on the field. You want him to be afraid of Edelman?! Osi has bad blood between Light and fought him twice before. You want Osi to back down? Are you a Light fan?..... Patriots are a overrated cheaters and their coach is the biggest phony...... Motivational material is so overrated. If players can't get 100% motivated to win the championship and need "motivational material", they need to find another sport because they won't last in the NFL. Winning the game should be enough motivation. Would you tell Strahan to stop doing his motivational speeches and stop doing "We STOMP you out" because it seems too ****y?

I would be worried if the Giants were too passive and weren't energized.

BrianK
01-27-2012, 11:44 PM
*YAWN* this is the 4th week in a row with all this worrying about what the Giants are saying to the media

giantsandyanks1
01-28-2012, 12:10 AM
I'm never happy when our players talk trash but if the pats need bulletin board material to get them fired up then they shouldn't even show up and play the game

NWKEffectElement
01-28-2012, 12:54 AM
I generally don't enjoy too much trash talk, and trust me, I was with you when I heard the Edelman comment. It was an instant facepalm. In a game like this though, there is no such thing as bulletin board material. It's, in the words of Michael Strahan, "the Freakin' Super Bowl." The Patriots will show ready to play either way. I can do without the public arrogance, but that has been this team's thing all year long, so whatever.

That will be this team's legacy.

rainierjef
01-28-2012, 01:09 AM
the pats are doing what the do best talk down and compliment everyone they play. were just being honest

titwio
01-28-2012, 01:23 AM
Some of these guys do need to keep a lid on it. J-Will talking about the concussions out of the blue like he did was REALLY disturbing to me. Someone needs to school some of these guys with how to conduct themselves.

I don't mind when players are confident and talk but c'mon...All this talk is reminding me of how the Jets conduct themselves. I agree it's becoming too much. Work hard and keep that extra banter stuff in the club house.

GiantsFan27
01-28-2012, 01:55 AM

Tsk tsk...

lol who cares. let the pats kiss a s s all they want. this stuff is so petty its not even news worthy.

TheEnigma
01-28-2012, 02:31 AM

Tsk tsk...

lol who cares. let the pats kiss a s s all they want. this stuff is so petty its not even news worthy.What positives are gained out of taking your banter to the public sphere though?

Leave it for the practice field and game day. Edelman is already a bad DB due to the fact it isn't his natural position so there's nothing gained by stating the obvious.

You could potentially fire him up though with the negative comments and make him come out with a better performance.

barran21
01-28-2012, 03:34 AM
Hey remember 23-17 Guarantee by Plax....what they saying isn't as bad as Plax...

barran21
01-28-2012, 03:37 AM

Tsk tsk...

Don't worry if they win you will hear them say every F N thing they wanted to say but Belichick is keeping them in check...

sunsgiants
01-28-2012, 03:57 AM
It's pretty hypocritical how some posters feel about this. When players from opposing teams do this then everyone is all up in arms claiming that they're too ****y or now that they're giving us motivational material. I kinda liked how the Pats took the high road. We sound ridiculously ****y.

buffyblue
01-28-2012, 04:52 AM
Jacauin Williams comments about targeting Kyle Williams because of his concussions was quickly put to rest by Justin Tuck.

NY Giants are fine and a lot of what we are saying is being obsessed over and blown out of proportion by the media.

The important thing that I have seen reported over the past few days is that Eli Manning has control of the guys and is telling them what to do and being proactive in telling them how to deal with media. Another important thing is how Justin Tuck is dealing with the guys and correcting what was said and explaining it in certain instances. I am confident NY Giants have heads on straight and are not taking New England Patriots lightly.

Lets go NY Giants.

I bELIeve.

calzonesays
01-28-2012, 05:01 AM
I don't see it as trash talking. I see it as swagger. They got that swag. JPP said we were gonna beat the Packers, most of the country laughed.

buffyblue
01-28-2012, 06:17 AM
I agree with you calzone. It is not trash talk it is just swagger. What we saw earlier in the year from Antrel Rolle in regard to Washington Redskins was trash talk. However the more important thing that we saw from that was Antrel Rolle stating that he put his foot in his mouth and that it was still there when asked about it during the week before NY Giants played NY Jets. Antrel Rolle learned from his mistake and has become a leader on the team because of his ability to admit his mistake and to change.

I like the way NY Giants are confident and they are not bad mouthing their opponents.

I bELIeve.

bLuereverie
01-28-2012, 07:12 AM
You guys wouldn't know trash talk if it junkpunched you with brass knuckles.

GMENAGAIN
01-28-2012, 07:48 AM
I totally agree and hate any type of "talk" leading up to a big game like this . . . . in this era of player and media, though, itseems unavoidable . . . .

bLuereverie
01-28-2012, 07:57 AM
I totally agree and hate any type of "talk" leading up to a big game like this . . . . in this era of player and media, though, it*seems unavoidable . . . .

And previous eras were hush hush? Anything said in recent years is completely tame.

CDN_G-FAN
01-28-2012, 08:01 AM

agree.

just play. stop talking. just play.

last time we were the team that walked into the superbowl and punched the Pats in the mouth when they weren't expecting it.

i don't want to be the team that isn't expecting to get punched in the mouth. And that's what we sound like right now.

NYSPORTS
01-28-2012, 08:05 AM
Would be nice is they kept quiet.

chasjay
01-28-2012, 08:15 AM
I haven't heard anything that I thought was out of line - remember Eli's line the other day: that it is the reporters' jobs to "make up stories".

I'd be upset if the Giants were crossing the line with their remarks, but I haven't heard that.

GMENAGAIN
01-28-2012, 09:21 AM
I totally agree and hate any type of "talk" leading up to a big game like this . . . . in this era of player and media, though, itseems unavoidable . . . . And previous eras were hush hush? Anything said in recent years is completely tame.</P>

Please show me the trash talking that went on before the 86 and 90 Super Bowls. </P>

Why is there a need to say anything? Just go out and play the game.It's part of today's mentality. . . .the kind that causes players to do elaborate TD dances when ther team is down by 30 points . . . . </P>

giantyankee1976
01-28-2012, 09:32 AM

shades of 2000 right ?

that's what I'm hating too.

save that Hollywood headline **** for some other Team.

Practice, study , practice, execute

swimeasy
01-28-2012, 09:38 AM

shades of 2000 right ?

that's what I'm hating too.

save that Hollywood headline **** for some other Team.

Practice, study , practice, execute

^ This!! Thank you!

RoanokeFan
01-28-2012, 09:47 AM

Why are you upset? Most of this is designed media spin which has no effect on the game. ZERO! What matters is how the game is played and since the jets game, we've been playing better than everyone else and we continue to get healthier and better at playing the game.

Get behind your team

bLuereverie
01-28-2012, 10:18 AM
I totally agree and hate any type of "talk" leading up to a big game like this . . . . in this era of player and media, though, it*seems unavoidable . . . . And previous eras were hush hush? Anything said in recent years is completely tame.</P>

Please show me the trash talking that went on before the 86 and 90 Super Bowls.* </P>

Why is there a need to say anything?* Just go out and play the game.*It's part of today's mentality*. . . .the kind that causes players to do elaborate TD dances when ther team is down by 30 points . . . . *</P>

Where's the trash talking today? Mario wanting to see Edelman? Players saying they want to hit Brady? Are you serious?

Teams hated each other back in the day, and they let it publicly be known. What you're hearing today is nothing but some watered down "shots" in the era of players constantly moving around in free agency at will. Rivalries rarely exist today.

giantyankee1976
01-28-2012, 10:18 AM

Why are you upset? Most of this is designed media spin which has no effect on the game. ZERO! What matters is how the game is played and since the jets game, we've been playing better than everyone else and we continue to get healthier and better at playing the game.

Get behind your team

understandable PoV...for me, it's kind of like superstition or what have you.

it seems like when a person, or a team, struts and preens; they are due for a reality check.

when we had the SB vs the Ravens?

I recall how the Giants were so full of themselves that they seemingly lacked the proper mental preparation to beat a BEATABLE ravens team in spite of their vaunted Ray Lewis-led Defense.

Trent Dilfer? Really?

Tom Terrific ain't Trent Basic.

Marvelousmik
01-28-2012, 10:21 AM

it seems like when a person, or a team, struts and preens; they are due for a reality check.

I recall how the Giants were so full of themselves that they seemingly lacked the proper mental preparation to beat a BEATABLE ravens team in spite of their vaunted Ray Lewis-led Defense.

Trent Dilfer? Really?

exactly.

I dont know what it is but usually <font size="4" color="#0000FF">the team/person that takes the high road is the team/person who wins.</font>

bLuereverie
01-28-2012, 10:22 AM

Why are you upset?* Most of this is designed media spin which has no effect on the game.* ZERO!* What matters is how the game is played and since the jets game, we've been playing better than everyone else and we continue to get healthier and* better at playing the game.

Get behind your team

Trent Dilfer? Really?

Really? All I remembered during that time was Shannon Sharpe running his mouth. Chris Berman did a whole segment on how the Ravens were talking up, and Giants were in the media dark "where they like it". I wish the Giants had the audacity of the Ravens then.

FBomb
01-28-2012, 10:23 AM
I would perfer that they just shut up and play but it isn't realistic to expect it. They are amped like us!!

smashndash715
01-28-2012, 10:27 AM
we have been confident and talking throughout the whole playoffs and we have done nothing but back it up 100% so who cares..Jpp guaranteed we would beat the packers..got the support of his teammates and we did it...said we wouldnt be stopped before the 49ers game and we werent..listen guys we are in the big show..no need to worry about players talking now...we went All In and we are here...no talk matters before this game

ny06
01-28-2012, 10:29 AM
This isn't a big deal if you ask me. </P>

This is football, a little trash talk is ok. </P>

When was it wrong to state that you want to kick your opponents butt?</P>

</P>

GameTime
01-28-2012, 11:12 AM
What Osi said ...all of it. Not just the "fight" part.....</P>
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt"><FONT size=4><FONT color=#000080>"Yeah, man, it is what it is. Me and him, Iíve actually fought him twice, actual real fight on the football field, twice," Umenyiora said. "Me and him, we have history. Weíre going to rekindle it on Sunday."<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></SPAN></P>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt"><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=4><FONT color=#000080>"I donít know what it is he does but itís something heís doing that really gets under my skin," Umenyiora said, extending the "reeeeeealy" part. "And Iím not that type of guy. Heís probably the only person Iíve ever foiught on the football field.<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></FONT></SPAN></P>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt"><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=4><FONT color=#000080>"I think heís more important to his team than I am to mine right now so if we can both fight weíll both get kicked out and 'JPP' and Tuck will have a field day out there." </FONT></FONT></FONT></SPAN></P>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt"><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=4><FONT color=#000080>Umenyiora <FONT size=5>was joking</FONT> on that last one, laughing through the end of that that reply and the next one when asked if he'd actually take a dive like that during the Super Bowl.<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></FONT></SPAN></P>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt"><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=4><FONT color=#000080>"Iíll be good to go," he quipped of sitting out the game to ensure Light it out as well. "Iíll be okay."<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></FONT></SPAN></P>

</P>

So WTF are some of you guys getting so riled up for. Some of you spin **** worse than the media does....wow. Get a grip....</P>

giantyankee1976
01-28-2012, 11:12 AM

Get behind your team

Trent Dilfer? Really?

Really? All I remembered during that time was Shannon Sharpe running his mouth. Chris Berman did a whole segment on how the Ravens were talking up, and Giants were in the media dark "where they like it". I wish the Giants had the audacity of the Ravens then.

I said nothing about the Ravens "shutting up"

they didn't. Shannon Sharpe's big *** mouth is EXACTLY why I can't stand him even today as a commentator.

My point was, we got their on a "gambler's statement"

and got totally owned.

shut up and play, is all I ask

OrangeGiant
01-28-2012, 11:43 AM
Typically I don't like it, but the Giants have been doing this since prior to the Jets game, and it hasn't hurt them yet. This team is confident right now and there is nothing wrong with that. They beat GB in Lambeau and SF in Candlestick. They already beat the Patriots in Foxboro without Bradshaw and Nicks.</P>

I think they believe they are the better team and they have played, overall, much better teams than the Patriots have. That breeds confidence and they just believe they are going to win this game. So do I.</P>

sunsgiants
01-28-2012, 05:06 PM
Winning the game with humility and quiet confidence tastes so much better than a ****y and arrogant kind of win; then again, a win is a win.

Voldamort
01-28-2012, 05:11 PM
Just win the game Giants,talk all you want after this game. Play with Giant Pride!!

sunsgiants
01-28-2012, 05:33 PM
Oh great now CWebb is getting into it. I have no problem if someone thinks they are the best and second to none because it boosts one's self-esteem and self-confidence but boasting and bragging right before the Super Bowl is a bit silly I think. If you read the article, in a sense, he's downplaying Welker's abilities as a WR. I don't know about you guys but the Giants are starting to sound more and more like the 07 Patriots. And btw, I do think CWebb is a great CB even in the Darrelle Revis-class, however, being modest doesn't hurt. Just my opinion.

TheEnigma
01-28-2012, 05:37 PM
Oh great now CWebb is getting into it.* I have no problem if someone thinks they are the best and second to none because it boosts one's self-esteem and self-confidence but boasting and bragging right before the Super Bowl is a bit silly I think.* If you read the article, in a sense, he's downplaying Welker's abilities as a WR.* I don't know about you guys but the Giants are starting to sound more and more like the 07 Patriots.* And btw, I do think CWebb is a great CB even in the Darrelle Revis-class, however, being modest doesn't hurt.* Just my opinion.
I'm with you man. It's one thing to be confident of your abilities like Eli announcing he was Elite before the season but there's no reason at all to trash the opponent at the same time. What's next? Baas is going to say he's in the same class as Mangold and that Wilfork is only good because of the guys next to him?

swordfish
01-28-2012, 06:40 PM
The Pats are overmatched and it will show on SB Sunday, it will be a slaughter, Pats will be given no gifts "Ravens".

bLuereverie
01-28-2012, 10:16 PM
Corey Webster is simply speaking on his mindset, not declaring his status in the league like what Eli did. Otherwise he would never reference Aaron Ross as feeling the same, as we all know Ross isn't in Revis' class. That is how he should feel. If you ever talk to Webster, he's probably one of the nicest, humblest guys in the league.

These guys are being interviewed, asked questions and then giving honest answers. They're not walking around with a mic in their hands boasting and bragging. Get off your high clouds.

GMENAGAIN
01-29-2012, 07:35 AM
Corey Webster is simply speaking on his mindset, not declaring his status in the league like what Eli did. Otherwise he would never reference Aaron Ross as feeling the same, as we all know Ross isn't in Revis' class. That is how he should feel. <FONT size=5>If you ever talk to Webster</FONT>, he's probably one of the nicest, humblest guys in the league. These guys are being interviewed, asked questions and then giving honest answers. They're not walking around with a mic in their hands boasting and bragging. Get off your high clouds.</P>

You've talked to Corey Webster? eh ok</P>

What difference does it make if they make the statements when being interviewed or if they come out with the statements on their own? It also makes no difference if they are giving "honest" answers or not. Why not say that Welker is ugly or stupid, or that Boston is a **** town,if they "honestly" feel that way then?</P>

What is boils down to is you don't mind pre-game talk when it comes from our team and other fans on here do. Just leave it at that.</P>

</P>

bLuereverie
01-29-2012, 08:02 AM
Yes I've talked to Webster. I've probably talked to 1/4 of the team. And?

And it does make a difference when his words are misconstrued by the media and fans. It wasn't trash talk AT ALL, hence shouldn't even be referenced in this thread as a poor argument. Don't be mad because it backfired on you.

Have you read the differences in articles about Webster in ESPN, NFL.com and SI? They're all different, with some obviously omitting the contextual basis of his answers to formulate the story they want. How Darelle Revis' name shows up in any of these is absurd.

He was asked a question about Wes Welker specifically. It wasn't insulting at all. The reference about whether it's Welker or Brady that is the challenge is in response of their gameplan of throwing both off at both fronts to leave little doubt. This is the same receiver he praised prior to the regular season game.

What it really boils down to, is that there is an incredible degree of hypocrisy in this thread, where some of you naive posters are quick to prematurely demonize or "trash talk" a player for something he did or didn't say.

TuckYou
01-29-2012, 08:09 AM
Plax in 2008: Giants are going to win 21-17.

We won 17-14

Who cares. It's the superbowl. If they aren't pumped up.100% right now anyway, something is wrong.

GMENAGAIN
01-29-2012, 08:22 AM
Yes I've talked to Webster. I've probably talked to 1/4 of the team. And? And it does make a difference when his words are misconstrued by the media and fans. It wasn't trash talk AT ALL, hence shouldn't even be referenced in this thread as a poor argument. Don't be mad because it backfired on you. Have you read the differences in articles about Webster in ESPN, NFL.com and SI? They're all different, with some obviously omitting the contextual basis of his answers to formulate the story they want. How Darelle Revis' name shows up in any of these is absurd. He was asked a question about Wes Welker specifically. It wasn't insulting at all. The reference about whether it's Welker or Brady that is the challenge is in response of their gameplan of throwing both off at both fronts to leave little doubt. This is the same receiver he praised prior to the regular season game. What it really boils down to, is that there is an incredible degree of hypocrisy in this thread, where some of you naive posters are quick to prematurely demonize or "trash talk" a player for something he did or didn't say.</P>

Ha ha . . . do you even know what hypocrisy means? How is there any hypocrisy in this thread? Hypocrisy is when posters decry pregame chatter coming from other teams and then excuse it when it comes from our team. </P>

You have talked to no one on the team . . . . you may think you have because you are crazy,as evidenced by the fact that your avatar pic is a kitten dressed up in a funny hat. Beat it wacko.</P>

bLuereverie
01-29-2012, 08:52 AM
Ha ha . . . do you even know what hypocrisy means?* How is there any hypocrisy in this thread?* Hypocrisy is when posters decry pregame chatter coming from other teams and then excuse it when it comes from our team.* </P>

You have talked to no one on the team . . . . you may think you have because you are crazy,*as evidenced by the fact that your avatar pic is a kitten dressed up in a funny hat.* Beat it wacko.</P>

Hypocrisy in that there is nothing but a bunch of hot gas coming out of mouths about supposed hot gas coming out of Giants mouths.

I love how you know so much about me from a random picture that is widespread over the internet. I guess that's the best you can come up with. Keep reaching.

GMENAGAIN
01-29-2012, 08:55 AM
Ha ha . . . do you even know what hypocrisy means? How is there any hypocrisy in this thread? Hypocrisy is when posters decry pregame chatter coming from other teams and then excuse it when it comes from our team.

</P>

You have talked to no one on the team . . . . you may think you have because you are crazy,as evidenced by the fact that your avatar pic is a kitten dressed up in a funny hat. Beat it wacko.</P>

Hypocrisy in that there is nothing but a bunch of hot gas coming out of mouths about supposed hot gas coming out of Giants mouths. I love how you know so much about me from a random picture that is widespread over the internet. I guess that's the best you can come up with.</P>

Thank you for proving that you do not know what hypocrisy means.</P>

Have a good day dressing your kitten up in cute little outfits.</P>

bLuereverie
01-29-2012, 08:59 AM
Ha ha . . . do you even know what hypocrisy means?* How is there any hypocrisy in this thread?* Hypocrisy is when posters decry pregame chatter coming from other teams and then excuse it when it comes from our team.*

</P>

You have talked to no one on the team . . . . you may think you have because you are crazy,*as evidenced by the fact that your avatar pic is a kitten dressed up in a funny hat.* Beat it wacko.</P>

Hypocrisy in that there is nothing but a bunch of hot gas coming out of mouths about supposed hot gas coming out of Giants mouths. I love how you know so much about me from a random picture that is widespread over the internet. I guess that's the best you can come up with.</P>

Keep narrowing your "arguments" as you flee. Flip it around enough and maybe, just maybe, it'll seem like you were right about something.

GMENAGAIN
01-29-2012, 09:18 AM
Ha ha . . . do you even know what hypocrisy means? How is there any hypocrisy in this thread? Hypocrisy is when posters decry pregame chatter coming from other teams and then excuse it when it comes from our team.

</P>

Keep narrowing your "arguments" as you flee. Flip it around enough and maybe, just maybe, it'll seem like you were right about something.</P>

Man are you dumb.</P>

What "argument" are you exactly talking about? I don't like any chatter at all coming from my team before a big game. Period. That is my personal preference. You, on the other hand, do not seem to mind it. That is your personal preference. That is not an "argument" nor is it "hypocrisy". Any other words you want to give a try?</P>

</P>

bLuereverie
01-29-2012, 09:31 AM
Man are you dumb.</P>

What "argument" are you exactly talking about?* I don't like any chatter at all coming from my team before a big game.* Period.* That is my personal preference.* You, on the other hand, do not seem to mind it.* That is your personal preference.* That is not an "argument" nor is it "hypocrisy".* Any other words you want to give a try?

So what are players supposed to do? Avoid every media outlet thrown their way in the eve of the biggest sporting event in the US?

I was speaking on Webster's statement in general, the same one you painted as a negative comment, one in which I "argued" was not. So again, what is he supposed to do? Avoid all interviews, some of which are mandatory conferences?

You keep tiptoeing around it, and copping out to the semantics of two words. And you have the audacity to call me dumb? Please.

I get it. It is your preference for players to shut up about anything and everything, unless it's about nuthugging your opponent, before arguably the biggest game of their lives.

GMENAGAIN
01-29-2012, 09:37 AM
Man are you dumb.

</P>

What "argument" are you exactly talking about? I don't like any chatter at all coming from my team before a big game. Period. That is my personal preference. You, on the other hand, do not seem to mind it. That is your personal preference. That is not an "argument" nor is it "hypocrisy". Any other words you want to give a try? So what are players supposed to do? Avoid every media outlet thrown their way in the eve of the biggest sporting event in the US? I was speaking on Webster's statement in general, the same one you painted as a negative comment, one in which I "argued" was not. So again, what is he supposed to do? Avoid all interviews, some of which are mandatory conferences? You keep tiptoeing around it, and copping out to the semantics of two words. And you have the audacity to call me dumb? Please. I get it. It is your preference for players to shut up about anything and everything, unless it's about nuthugging your opponent, before arguably the biggest game of their lives.

You are a nut. I have never even mentioned Webster's statement in this thread, much less painted it as a negative comment.

Here kitty, kitty . . . . .</P>

GMENAGAIN
Man are you dumb.

</P>

What "argument" are you exactly talking about? I don't like any chatter at all coming from my team before a big game. Period. That is my personal preference. You, on the other hand, do not seem to mind it. That is your personal preference. That is not an "argument" nor is it "hypocrisy". Any other words you want to give a try? So what are players supposed to do? Avoid every media outlet thrown their way in the eve of the biggest sporting event in the US? I was speaking on Webster's statement in general, the same one you painted as a negative comment, one in which I "argued" was not. So again, what is he supposed to do? Avoid all interviews, some of which are mandatory conferences? You keep tiptoeing around it, and copping out to the semantics of two words. And you have the audacity to call me dumb? Please. I get it. It is your preference for players to shut up about anything and everything, unless it's about nuthugging your opponent, before arguably the biggest game of their lives.

You are a nut. I have never even mentioned Webster's statement in this thread, much less painted it as a negative comment.

GameTime
soem of you guys make a bigger deal out of nothng then the media does. </P>

Trash talk....Trash talk.....you talking trash talk......trash talk.....( in my best Mora voice)</P>

Please....what ONLY A FEW of the Giants are saying is such benigh bull**** anyway. You guys need to grow a thicker skin if you think what they are saying is bad. Also what do you think they are saying in the Pats locker room??? Talk against the other team is common and it doesnt matter if you say it in the media or behind closed doors. Because all that you have to do is FEEL superior and thats the real issue..</P>

The Giants are confident but they know how good the Pats can and will be.....</P>

</P>

bLuereverie
01-29-2012, 09:41 AM
Man are you dumb.

</P>

What "argument" are you exactly talking about?* I don't like any chatter at all coming from my team before a big game.* Period.* That is my personal preference.* You, on the other hand, do not seem to mind it.* That is your personal preference.* That is not an "argument" nor is it "hypocrisy".* Any other words you want to give a try? So what are players supposed to do? Avoid every media outlet thrown their way in the eve of the biggest sporting event in the US? I was speaking on Webster's statement in general, the same one you painted as a negative comment, one in which I "argued" was not. So again, what is he supposed to do? Avoid all interviews, some of which are mandatory conferences? You keep tiptoeing around it, and copping out to the semantics of two words. And you have the audacity to call me dumb? Please. I get it. It is your preference for players to shut up about anything and everything, unless it's about nuthugging your opponent, before arguably the biggest game of their lives.

You are a nut.* I have never even mentioned Webster's statement in this thread, much less painted it as a negative comment.

Here kitty, kitty* . . . . .</P>

Corey Webster is simply speaking on his mindset, not declaring his status in the league like what Eli did. Otherwise he would never reference Aaron Ross as feeling the same, as we all know Ross isn't in Revis' class. That is how he should feel. If you ever talk to Webster, he's probably one of the nicest, humblest guys in the league. These guys are being interviewed, asked questions and then giving honest answers. They're not walking around with a mic in their hands boasting and bragging. Get off your high clouds.</P>

You've talked to Corey Webster?* eh ok</P>

What difference does it make if they make the statements when being interviewed or if they come out with the statements on their own?* It also makes no difference if they are giving "honest" answers or not.* Why not say that Welker is ugly or stupid, or that Boston is a **** town,*if they "honestly" feel that way then?</P>

What is boils down to is you don't mind pre-game talk when it comes from our team and other fans on here do.* Just leave it at that.</P>

*</P>

Complete response to my post of Corey Webster, which was discussed toward the general statements of others in this thread before you jumped it. Keep dancing around it. I'm loving the cat avatar more as that becomes your lone fuel to pretty sad fire.

GMENAGAIN
01-29-2012, 09:57 AM
Man are you dumb.

</P>

Corey Webster is simply speaking on his mindset, not declaring his status in the league like what Eli did. Otherwise he would never reference Aaron Ross as feeling the same, as we all know Ross isn't in Revis' class. That is how he should feel. If you ever talk to Webster, he's probably one of the nicest, humblest guys in the league. These guys are being interviewed, asked questions and then giving honest answers. They're not walking around with a mic in their hands boasting and bragging. Get off your high clouds.</P>

You've talked to Corey Webster? eh ok</P>

What difference does it make if they make the statements when being interviewed or if they come out with the statements on their own? It also makes no difference if they are giving "honest" answers or not. Why not say that Welker is ugly or stupid, or that Boston is a **** town,if they "honestly" feel that way then?</P>

What is boils down to is you don't mind pre-game talk when it comes from our team and other fans on here do. Just leave it at that.</P>

</P>

Complete response to my post of Corey Webster, which was discussed toward the general statements of others in this thread before you jumped it. Keep dancing around it. I'm loving the cat avatar more as that becomes your lone fuel to pretty sad fire.</P>

Can't read either, huh?</P>

FlyingTruck
01-29-2012, 10:50 AM
Who cares. Talking or not talking doesn't predict the winner of the game. Just relax.

giantyankee1976
01-29-2012, 12:57 PM
GMENAGAIN and BLuereverie:

Guys, no need to go all out against each other.

Simply put we all have our own opinions on this matter.

Truth is none of us suit up and none of have to go out there and perform.

Some of us fans, like me, prefer a "quiet is kept" or "stone-cold professional" approach to the game.

When I played football, briefly, I was "that guy." Some of my friends were out-spoken and would pop **** as we got off the game bus, on the field, whatever.

I'd get tackled, put my brave face on and be like, "good one" or "nice hit" with a slap on the helmet or whatever.

Again, some fans like the "pop ****" approach. The whole "F you, I'll whip your ***" type.

Nothing wrong with that.

It's just an opinion or approach to the game.

You two are great Message Board posters. I read both of your posts and often learn new things.

I have too much respect for you two to squabble over so petty a thing.

All In.

(even for us fans [B] )

GMENAGAIN
01-29-2012, 01:15 PM
GMENAGAIN and BLuereverie:

Guys, no need to go all out against each other.

Simply put we all have our own opinions on this matter.

Truth is none of us suit up and none of have to go out there and perform.

Some of us fans, like me, prefer a "quiet is kept" or "stone-cold professional" approach to the game.

When I played football, briefly, I was "that guy." Some of my friends were out-spoken and would pop **** as we got off the game bus, on the field, whatever.

I'd get tackled, put my brave face on and be like, "good one" or "nice hit" with a slap on the helmet or whatever.

Again, some fans like the "pop ****" approach. The whole "F you, I'll whip your ***" type.

Nothing wrong with that.

It's just an opinion or approach to the game.

You two are great Message Board posters. I read both of your posts and often learn new things.

I have too much respect for you two to squabble over so petty a thing.

All In.

(even for us fans [B] )
</P>

Well put. Point taken.</P>

Thanks. </P>

[B]</P>

ikebibby91
01-29-2012, 02:48 PM
<font size="5">The fact that you are afraid of "motivating" the Patriots says more about your belief in the Giants than anything else. By the way, you must not have noticed how the media has been making the Giants into a walking put down and elevating Brady, Belicheck and the Pats Offense to God status. I stand behind everthing the G-Men have said and they won't need motivation for the Patriots.</font>

GMENAGAIN
01-29-2012, 03:24 PM
<FONT size=5>The fact that you are afraid of "motivating" the Patriots says more about your belief in the Giants than anything else. By the way, you must not have noticed how the media has been making the Giants into a walking put down and elevating Brady, Belicheck and the Pats Offense to God status. I stand behind everthing the G-Men have said and they won't need motivation for the Patriots.</FONT>
</P>

FYI - Large font does not turn dumb posts into smart ones . . . . </P>

buffyblue
01-29-2012, 05:07 PM
I love it how folks just blow things out of proportion. So many folks on here forget that Eli Manning never declared that he was ELIte. He was asked the question by a reporter of whether he thought he was in Tom Bradyís class or not. The question was answered by Eli Manning in the only way that he should have answered it.

Folks are getting upset because they think that NY Giants are giving New England Patriots motivation. Are you people kidding me? Do any of you actually think that New England Patriots are not as motivated as they can be about this game? If you think they arenít and that NY Giants talking mess will motivate them more then you know nothing about football.

I bELIeve.

CTLadyBlue
01-30-2012, 01:51 PM
Let me chime in on this, if I may.

Last night I was watching a Centerstage special with montage clips of individuals involved in the Superbowl.

There was a clip with Mike Ditka where we were subjected to the horrendous 'Superbowl Shuffle' video which, of course, was all in fun and for charity.

When Ditka was asked if doing that video when there were still three games to go was a little arrogant. Ditka's reply, (paraphrasing), "Look, we weren't doing it to be ****y - it was all for fun and for charity and I was more embarassed if anything because those guys cannot sing or dance. But if you're heading down a stretch towards the Superbowl and don't believe within yourself that you can win it, guess what? You won't!"

So, guess what? I'm rethinking my position. No, I don't like trash talk or putting down the opposing team. But if they want to tell the media that they believe they can go in there and beat the Patriots, I won't begrudge them that. If they say they're just as good as the Patriots because they got to the big game, I won't begrudge them that. If they say thier chances of winning are just as good as the Pats, fine. If Osi and Tuck want to spout off about putting Brady on the ground, good - that's exactly what they HAVE to do. If they don't believe that their team can win this, then you know what.....turn that bus around and head back to the stadium and just hand the Pats the trophy for Pete's sake.

There have been no guarantees, no score predictions - just players being honest about their abilities and what they think they're capable of as their motivation, momentum and confidence is high.

And just to end on this - if a three time Superbowl champion team like the Patriots need to rely on Giants' trash talk to get motivated, then guess what - they don't belong there.

burier
01-30-2012, 01:56 PM
Do you guys have to cry about something every single week?????

Every week there's a thread about how the players should shut up and then we win only for another thread saying the exact same thing to pop up.

Look there's no way in the next 6 days that Giants can get into a worse standing with the Football gods than the Patriots are.

One of there starters was accused of grabbing a woman in the va-jj this past holloween!

The Giants are going to win and with that being the case what they say is beside the point.

nycisgreat
01-30-2012, 02:53 PM

I hear what you are saying, and I agree with you an extent. But Belichik and Brady don't need any bulletin board material. This a re-match. That in itself is all the motivation they need. I was surprised at the rally they had yesterday in NE. To me that is pompous.

Of all the things that were said last week, I thought Mario Manningham's comments were out of line. Edelman is just as quick as cruz, and should be underestimated. But I was fine with everything else.

nycisgreat
01-30-2012, 02:54 PM

I hear what you are saying, and I agree with you an extent. But Belichik and Brady don't need any bulletin board material. This a re-match. That in itself is all the motivation they need. I was surprised at the rally they had yesterday in NE. To me that is pompous.

Of all the things that were said last week, I thought Mario Manningham's comments were out of line. Edelman is just as quick as cruz, and should be underestimated. But I was fine with everything else that was said.

DVision
01-30-2012, 03:09 PM

Of all the things that were said last week, I thought Mario Manningham's comments were out of line. Edelman is just as quick as cruz, and should be underestimated. But I was fine with everything else that was said.

Did you see Boldin burning Edelman last weekend? Boldin is nowhere as quick as Cruz and neither is Edelman!

This is the SB!! If the Pats need bulletin board material to get into the game they have a problem! And calling Edelman out for playing out of position is not all of the sudden gonna make him a shutdown corner!