PDA

View Full Version : Boomer and Carton Show with Mario Manningham

Cruz 4 Prez
01-27-2012, 11:31 PM
I heard Manningham on the Boomer and Carton, and Carton kept trying to get Manningham to slip up, and the guy kept picking on Manningham cause he said the word "man" about 20 times. Then he started to diss Manningham b/c of the bobbles. It obvious by the way Manningham talks that he is not the best interview out there, but why are ya gonna pick on a guy that agrees to go on your show. Carton topped off the interview by asking Mario if he was stuck for one year on an island with one person who would he pick Coughlin or Oprah.. Really man. They need a better co-host for Boomer, who actually is a good host. What do you guys think?

BrianK
01-27-2012, 11:40 PM
I heard Manningham on the Boomer and Carton, and Carton kept trying to get Manningham to slip up, and the guy kept picking on Manningham cause he said the word "man" about 20 times. Then he started to diss Manningham b/c of the bobbles. It obvious by the way Manningham talks that he is not the best interview out there, but why are ya gonna pick on a guy that agrees to go on your show. Carton topped off the interview by asking Mario if he was stuck for one year on an island with one person who would he pick Coughlin or Oprah.. Really man. They need a better co-host for Boomer, who actually is a good host. What do you guys think?
Carton's shtick is so amateurish it is embarrassing

Cruz 4 Prez
01-27-2012, 11:43 PM
Dude, If I was Mario I would've tole him to f'off. It felt like a High Schooler be-littleing a middle schooler. Boomer had to keep defending the poor kid. I wanted to call in and tell him to shut his mouth. This is why I hate Jet fans

jomo
01-27-2012, 11:45 PM
I heard Manningham on the Boomer and Carton, and Carton kept trying to get Manningham to slip up, and the guy kept picking on Manningham cause he said the word "man" about 20 times. Then he started to diss Manningham b/c of the bobbles. It obvious by the way Manningham talks that he is not the best interview out there, but why are ya gonna pick on a guy that agrees to go on your show. Carton topped off the interview by asking Mario if he was stuck for one year on an island with one person who would he pick Coughlin or Oprah.. Really man. They need a better co-host for Boomer, who actually is a good host. What do you guys think?Carton is a low life punk preying on a guy like MM who isn't too strong upstairs. No reasonable person would try to trip up MM in an interview but he has no scruples so what do you expect? No one should give any attention to Carton.

giantsfan420
01-27-2012, 11:47 PM
i dont listen to that show but if i did, im the kind of guy who'd make it his mission to call in until i was able to get through, and ask him straight up how he could be so disrespectful and that karmas a *****.

just reading what was said as a summary disrespeted me imagine how MM felt. its one thing to have an opinion and be vocal about it, its another to put a guest on the spot and insult him. id imagine having a talk show and inviting some one on to an interview is like inviting someone to be a guest in ur home: be respectful. its a shame that this **** passes for media

JJC7301
01-27-2012, 11:54 PM
Well, maybe Giants have learned their lesson and won't go on the show anymore. And then the only NY football players that Carton can interview are the boring Jets that he worships that never accomplish anything.

Roosevelt

They should fire his ***.

Cruz 4 Prez
That's exactly how I feel. I wish Rolle was on the line with MM, to scare Carton a bit, lol. You won't disrespect any Giant in front of Rolle. Snatch that dude by his neck in a heart-beat. Dude, I seriously felt so bad for Mario. Instead of talking about how he's stepped up this postseason, he brings up all his bobbles, and makes fun of the way he talks, then tries to lure him into saying something to anger the Pats, like bringing up Edleman, and asking MM aren't you happy Edleman will be guarding you most-likely... Seriously, ppl like Mario and Jaq. Williams need to stay away from the media, and leave it to Eli, TC, Tuck and the other captains

TheEnigma
01-27-2012, 11:57 PM
Not trying to be mean but if I was the Giants FO, I'd do my best to "encourage" MM to stay away from the media when being asked stuff like this. It's not his expertise heh.

cken
01-27-2012, 11:59 PM
Not trying to be mean but if I was the Giants FO, I'd do my best to "encourage" MM to stay away from the media when being asked stuff like this. It's not his expertise heh.

But professionals should know not to put people on the spot like that. It just goes to show that people are willing do to anything just for some sound bites. Sigh.....

jomo
01-28-2012, 12:03 AM
Not trying to be mean but if I was the Giants FO, I'd do my best to "encourage" MM to stay away from the media when being asked stuff like this. It's not his expertise heh.Yes, the front office knows his limitations as well as anyone and they owe him that, to keep him out of harms way with a low life hatchet guy like Carton.

TheEnigma
01-28-2012, 12:04 AM

But professionals should know not to put people on the spot like that. It just goes to show that people are willing do to anything just for some sound bites. Sigh.....It's the media my friend. Expect nothing less from some of these individuals.

Cruz 4 Prez
01-28-2012, 12:13 AM
I would love to meet this guy Carton in a dark alley... I wish bad things for this guy.

titwio
01-28-2012, 01:08 AM

I listened to that whole show and it was Mario saying "Oh man" which was about 16 times....It was kind of light heartened the way they were poking fun at it and I thought it was pretty funny too cause MM kept saying every sentence.... I was laughing cause it actually sounded like Mario was stoned or something.

I don't like Carton AT ALL but all in all it was in good fun. He did bring up the bobbles but I don't think he was making fun of him or anything. Manningham does bobble passes and I thought it was a ballsy question by Carton.

I do agree they need a new cost host though. Carton can't keep his mouth closed. I know he has OCD or something but it's annoying when callers call in to ask a question but can't even finish their sentence without him jumping in and cutting them off. He does it to Boomer too all the time. I don't know how he's lasted this long. Every time I hear him talk over people I just want to call the show and tell him to shut the **** up.

byron
01-28-2012, 01:17 AM
I have been watching football for over 40 years the level at which the sports media has fallen to is disgraceful imho....its become tabloid **** stirring bull****....its a shame what it hasall become...where the hell has respect gone...fans beating up on other fans disrespectful **** talking that's seemscontaminated with hate...sad state of affairs... I simply have to avoid most ofit ....this game can't get here fast enough for me.. what should be a pleasurable couple weeks for us all.... just plain isn't... it seemsmore like a built up of hate fueled by these media idiots....Like Rosey said they should fire the guybut that won't happen because the sickness ismalignant.... sorry guys</P>

8 more days Go Giants !!!!!!!</P>

yoeddy
01-28-2012, 06:07 AM

WFAN is supposed to be the "radio home of the NY Giants"...

jints10
01-28-2012, 06:27 AM
The Giants should refuse to do anymore interviews with WFAN. I think it was ridiculous how Carton belittled Manningham. We as Giant fans should not call in to that station. The best way to get rid of a radio personality is to ignore them. They need the ratings to keep their jobs. As long as you keep calling in they know your listening.

bLuereverie
01-28-2012, 06:56 AM

But professionals should know not to put people on the spot like that. It just goes to show that people are willing do to anything just for some sound bites. Sigh.....

That IS their profession. That is why they are called radio personalities, not radio analysts. They purposely try to hit nerves from athletes, listeners and from their own co-hosts. Not just Boomer and Carton, but Steven A, Skip Bayless, Mike Francesca, so on and so forth.

Just be proud that Mario had the capacity of temperance.

buffyblue
01-28-2012, 07:44 AM
All this talk about these sports personalities that conduct interviews brings up memories of when that schmuck Jim Rome instigated Jim Everret. I think Jim Everret flipped the table over on him.

The sad thing is one of these days a professional athlete is going to get really pissed and break one of these guys face and they are going to blame the athlete for it.

titwio
01-28-2012, 07:52 AM
All this talk about these sports personalities that conduct interviews brings up memories of when that schmuck Jim Rome instigated Jim Everret. I think Jim Everret flipped the table over on him.

Jim Everett: I bet you don't call me Chris again.

Jim Rome: I bet you I do....Chris.

http://gifsoup.com/view2/1261964/jim-everett-v-jim-rome-o.gif

Good times....

NYSPORTS
01-28-2012, 08:07 AM
that show is unlistenable

Redeyejedi
01-28-2012, 08:09 AM
Not trying to be mean but if I was the Giants FO, I'd do my best to "encourage" MM to stay away from the media when being asked stuff like this. It's not his expertise heh.Yeah the NY Giants r the ones who set up this stuff .They should of known better to put Mario on that show

NYSPORTS
01-28-2012, 08:11 AM

WFAN is supposed to be the "radio home of the NY Giants"...

Radio home of the Giants yer the place is littered with Jets fans and a dope who likes the Redskins.

I heard the idiot duo of Beningo and Roberts (the child) take over for Mike for that trivia contest. What a disaster. Besides the Jets dated 5 years back, it's obvious Roberts doesn't know anything while Beningo is, for at least an hour, convinced that Peyton Manning won't return to the Colts. Two absolute morons.

OX1
01-28-2012, 08:20 AM
that show is unlistenable

I was listening on Mondays if the jets lost and/or the giants won, just to hear that little weasel have to give the jets crap or the giants some backhanded compliment. I gave up even tuning in at all as the guy is too much of an *** to take anymore. I will tune in one last time after we win the SB, just to hear that clown eating himself up inside and whine about how we were gifted that too.

Firenugget
01-28-2012, 09:01 AM
No offense but that's his job. To either make you hate him or like him, either way you're obviously listening or you wouldn't even know what he said.

MikeIsaGiant
01-28-2012, 09:09 AM
Carton is a tool, just like many Jet fans, no surprise here.

G-Man67
01-28-2012, 10:50 AM
he's so bitter ... his Jets will never win anything and he knows it

jerseyrattler
01-28-2012, 10:55 AM
I've always considered Esiason a class act. I guess I was mistaken.</P>

Why in the world he's paired up with that worthless bag o chit parasite is beyond me.</P>

Voldamort
01-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Two JET FANS need I say more?

FBomb
01-28-2012, 11:05 AM
Not that I'm condoning vilolence, but it wouldn't bother me if somehow Carton's lips were "puffy"

sligoker
01-28-2012, 05:03 PM
Carton is a talentless mouth--just goes to prove that any idiot can make it on the radio.

DragonSoul
01-28-2012, 05:31 PM
I heard Manningham on the Boomer and Carton, and Carton kept trying to get Manningham to slip up, and the guy kept picking on Manningham cause he said the word "man" about 20 times. Then he started to diss Manningham b/c of the bobbles. It obvious by the way Manningham talks that he is not the best interview out there, but why are ya gonna pick on a guy that agrees to go on your show. Carton topped off the interview by asking Mario if he was stuck for one year on an island with one person who would he pick Coughlin or Oprah.. Really man. They need a better co-host for Boomer, who actually is a good host. What do you guys think?Heard Carton started with Rodney harrison when interviewing him a couple days ago. He warned Carton to knock it off or else.

He is a very poor mans Howard Stern. He isn't even able to wipe his butt after he goes. And I cannot stand Stern either.

Cruz 4 Prez
01-28-2012, 09:23 PM
I've always considered Esiason a class act. I guess I was mistaken.</P>

Why in the world he's paired up with that worthless bag o chit parasite is beyond me.</P>
Boomer was actually defending Mario, and told Carton to back off. I just saw a picture on google of Carton, and I would destroy that little Jets twerp. Tony Page is a Bucs fan, but he's cool. Steve Summers is a Jets fan, he's cool. Even though they are fans of the Jets/Skins/Bucs, they are all respectfull, EXCEPT Carton

Cruz 4 Prez
01-28-2012, 09:29 PM
I heard Manningham on the Boomer and Carton, and Carton kept trying to get Manningham to slip up, and the guy kept picking on Manningham cause he said the word "man" about 20 times. Then he started to diss Manningham b/c of the bobbles. It obvious by the way Manningham talks that he is not the best interview out there, but why are ya gonna pick on a guy that agrees to go on your show. Carton topped off the interview by asking Mario if he was stuck for one year on an island with one person who would he pick Coughlin or Oprah.. Really man. They need a better co-host for Boomer, who actually is a good host. What do you guys think?Heard Carton started with Rodney harrison when interviewing him a couple days ago. He warned Carton to knock it off or else.

He is a very poor mans Howard Stern. He isn't even able to wipe his butt after he goes. And I cannot stand Stern either.
Yeah, cause Rodney Harrison is a lot like Rolle. If you anger those types of men they'll snap your neck, but Mario is still a kid, and isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. He's so scared of saying the wrong thing, and Carton noticed it and tried to make him feel dumb. I seriously was blowing up the WFAN's number to give him a piece of my mind, but couldn't get through

dannydufflebags
01-28-2012, 10:13 PM
Head over to Marios face book page and tell him what you think of Carton. He is one of the few athletes that let fans post to his wall.

Cruz 4 Prez
01-28-2012, 10:44 PM
Head over to Marios face book page and tell him what you think of Carton. He is one of the few athletes that let fans post to his wall.

Does he really?

zimonami
01-28-2012, 10:54 PM
The Giants have always known that Mario has problems with the english language, and interviews, and have shielded him on many occasions. I don't thnk they expected carton to be a jerk and ambush him. How do you ask a guest to your program, and then belittle them? Agree with Dragon... it would bring a smile to see Carton with a fat lip. Boomer deserves a pertner with more class.

Cruz 4 Prez
01-28-2012, 11:22 PM
The Giants have always known that Mario has problems with the english language, and interviews, and have shielded him on many occasions. I don't thnk they expected carton to be a jerk and ambush him. How do you ask a guest to your program, and then belittle them? Agree with Dragon... it would bring a smile to see Carton with a fat lip. Boomer deserves a pertner with more class.
I think Amani "well-dressed" Toomer would be perfect to replace that twit... I've heard Amani speak on interviews, NFL Network, and several other times.