PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Think The Giants *Won't* Win?

Weygand
01-27-2012, 11:36 PM
Or are are the Patsies going to open a can of wicked smart ***-whipping on us?

JJC7301
01-27-2012, 11:56 PM
I have a lot of respect for the Pats and do not take a HOF HC and QB lightly, but I strongly believe that the Giants win this game.

ru_gmen55
01-28-2012, 12:05 AM
There's no doubt in my mind that it is going ot be close...but I feel like the Giants have a slight edge. Since the postseason began, there haven't been any super-glaring weaknesses in the Giants game. The Pats have looked great for the most part, but if I was a Pats fan, I still wouldn't trust my secondary very much. The Giants secondary is nothing to write home about, but they have been solid...I don't know. This game is a weird one to gauge. There's no reason why the Giants can't pull it out, though.

SanAntonioGiant
01-28-2012, 12:09 AM
Im jus worried bout losing mometum from this 2 week lay off

TheEnigma
01-28-2012, 12:11 AM
Nah. The Giants had the harder trials to deal with. They should be the heartier team in this game and not only mentally stronger but more talented on both sides of the ball.

Pakman
01-28-2012, 12:14 AM

The Pats have played 2 games in 5 weeks..they should be more worried.

GiantsFan27
01-28-2012, 12:14 AM
im pretty confident in the NYG to pull out a win with the group of guys we have.

but since it's the super bowl im gonna be nervous as hell because anything can happen obviously

swimeasy
01-28-2012, 12:25 AM

The Pats have played 2 games in 5 weeks..they should be more worried. TC/Eli seem to have an excellent handle on this risk, treating this week as a prep for a game this Sunday and then emphasizing keeping the routine schedule when they go to Indy and focused practices remaining a priority.

Lambeau12
01-28-2012, 12:45 AM
I will be mad at you guys if you dont win lol. I hate the Pats. I will forgive you guys totally for beating my team if you beat the Pats please lol.

Dorothy
01-28-2012, 07:13 AM
I will be mad at you guys if you dont win lol. I hate the Pats. I will forgive you guys totally for beating my team if you beat the Pats please lol.

THANK YOU. WE WILL
GO BIG BLUE

bLuereverie
01-28-2012, 07:16 AM
You go into every game knowing very well of the possibility of losing.

But to go into the game like this expecting or thinking you will lose undermines everything about being a fan.

Did this thread seriously happen?

Diamondring
01-28-2012, 07:16 AM
Im jus worried bout losing mometum from this 2 week lay offThis right here.

titwio
01-28-2012, 07:57 AM
Anyone Think The Giants *Won't* Win?

This lady (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck9umMvaBzk)

bansaw
01-28-2012, 08:09 AM
I go into every game thinking we'll lose, makes the wins way more enjoyable

that said we're in tough and if people dont think so they are nuts

NYG 5
01-28-2012, 08:31 AM
Im only terrified of ******ed turnovers and the offense doing their typical sleepwalk through the first half.

But the Giants have the odds on their side, and have the potential to turn this game into a rout

Shutupnplay
01-28-2012, 08:40 AM
Vegas morning odds still have us as a 3 point underdog. As long as we are the Underdogs I have no worry about being over confident! ALL IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chasjay
01-28-2012, 08:43 AM

I probably spend more time before a game thinking about advantages the other team has over us than I do about our advantages over them. I always see a scenario where we can lose, but I don't "think" we're going to.

Jet-Blue
01-28-2012, 08:47 AM
I think the Giants are going to beat them like they did to Atlanta. They just need to blitz Brady the first 2 plays and scare the crap out of him, he'll get rattled and he'll be done. I hate the Pats more then anybody.

bandwgn86
01-28-2012, 08:50 AM
I go into every game thinking we'll lose, makes the wins way more enjoyable that's the Toronto fan in yah, minus the wins part lol

I'm extremely nervous.. This game is ours to lose IMO and the gorilla in the room for me is how this team has come out flat on a few occasions..

stormblue
01-28-2012, 09:03 AM
i feel the same way about this one as i did with the Denver SB. we are way better than the patriots and it will be a blowout , at least 10 points.

i did not feel good at all about the Buffalo SB
or the Ravens SB or the '07 Pats SB.
because those teams were better than us.
even though we beat the Bills and Pats ;
they still had better teams.

the Pats could not beat us when they had
a better team in '07 , what makes anyone think they are going to beat us this year with a worse team ?

this year we have the better team .
the Giants are not skeered.
the Patriots are , and they should be

MikeIsaGiant
01-28-2012, 09:06 AM

This, I thought we were going to lose every game since the Jets game, and loved every single one of them

jjj45
01-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Anyone Think The Giants *Won't* Win?

This lady (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck9umMvaBzk)Seriously what a crock. All she did was pick the easy candidate for the SB which is what tons of other people picked. Psychic my foot.

I also picked the Pats to go to the SB, against the Packers. So I was wrong there. Sure glad I was!

Believe it or not I picked GB to win it all last year and the Saints the year prior.

Notice how she had the Eagles going for the NFC cause everyone was all over their jocks.

And the AFC is so weak the obvious choice would be NE.

Lambeau12
01-28-2012, 03:16 PM
The Giants are always competitive in the playoffs. They dont go down without a fight.

Sarcasman
01-28-2012, 04:53 PM
Or are are the Patsies going to open a can of wicked smart ***-whipping on us?

I think it is entirely possible that the Giants don't win.

NE is great team, led by a 1st ballot HOF coach and 1st ballot HOF QB.

Couple that with the fact that they're bent on avenging the 2007 loss, validating their legacy and are playing good football at the right time, not to mention the media's clear overconfidence in the Giants winning this game and I think it's more than just a possibility they lose.

That the GIants are also playing well and will hopefully continue to do so. I'm obviously rooting hard for the GIants and I think they can win, but anybody who counts this game as a W already is a clueless fool, or simply ridiculously over confident.

Sarcasman
01-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Im only terrified of ******ed turnovers and the offense doing their typical sleepwalk through the first half.

But the Giants have the odds on their side, and have the potential to turn this game into a rout

Did you mean it literally in 2/11?

sligoker
01-28-2012, 04:59 PM
My only concern is the injury report for the Giants:

1. Cory Webster---hamstring
2. Jaquan Williams---in a boot--sprain
3. Chase Blackburn---seems to have some kind of leg injury
4. Nix----shoulder

I think we will beat Patriots by covering well (which Williams and Webster have excelled at lately) and getting the pass rush going. Therefore, my only concern is these injuries.

egyptian420
01-28-2012, 05:02 PM
You go into every game knowing very well of the possibility of losing.
this.....no matter who the opponent is

calzonesays
01-28-2012, 05:21 PM
I'm curious to see who Brandon Lang has winning this SB and covering. He's an absolutely TERRIBLE sports handicapper in vegas, so bad that threads are dedicating to betting the opposite of what he picks, but he's like some sort of idiot savant who usually always nails his SB picks. Pretty sure he's like 18-2 ATS in SBs. He picked the Giants in 2007.

DragonSoul
01-28-2012, 06:50 PM
I have a lot of respect for the Pats and do not take a HOF HC and QB lightly, but I strongly believe that the Giants win this game.pretty much feel the same way. 60% we win, but I put nothing passed Brady & Bill, but we will see what they can do if our line shows up & finally we have a fairly healthy team since last we faced them & beat team mind you.

gumby742
01-28-2012, 10:09 PM

This. That and I've been let down way too many times by big blue.

Lambeau12
01-28-2012, 10:54 PM
Like the rocky movie, I predict PAIN for the Patriots. Giants will win 38-17.