PDA

View Full Version : TRADE!!!!!!

CruzSoldier
01-28-2012, 04:35 AM
I Love Osi but he's looking for MEGA bucks and I don't think we have enough to sign him and also fix our holes on the OL. Carolina Panthers need a pass rusher big time and OSi would fill that need, they would be willing to part with Johnathan Stewart which would be way better than bradshaw and Jacobs. He can run, block and catch the ball not to many 235 lbs running backs with 4.45 speed around can do that. I wish we could make this deal also he will be a free agent in 2013 so they will be willing to make a trade.

BlueSanta
01-28-2012, 07:12 AM
Here is why this wont happen..

Check out the Panthers estimated cap problem (http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/72046-panthers-2012-free-agents-players-under-contract-and-cap-space.html) for next year. To make a long story short, they have 10 unsigned spots for their roster(after 6 draft picks.) If they signed 10 FA for the NFL vet minimum just to fill out a 53 man roster, they would still end up $4 mil <u>over</u> the cap. In other words, no way they can afford him.

There is no way anyone would trade for Osi without 1st offering him a new contract. The reason is because the pricetag in trade would be way too high for a guy who could leave in FA the following season.

Spizi
01-28-2012, 11:23 AM
how about keep Osi because HE IS UNDER CONTRACT!! and HE IS AN ANIMAL!!

THE_New_York_Giants
01-28-2012, 11:26 AM
He might be willing to take less money to stick around if we win the SB again.

Manstache
01-28-2012, 11:34 AM
I Love Osi but he's looking for MEGA bucks and I don't think we have enough to sign him and also fix our holes on the OL. Carolina Panthers need a pass rusher big time and OSi would fill that need, they would be willing to part with Johnathan Stewart which would be way better than bradshaw and Jacobs. He can run, block and catch the ball not to many 235 lbs running backs with 4.45 speed around can do that. I wish we could make this deal also he will be a free agent in 2013 so they will be willing to make a trade.trade osi for a RUNNING BACK?? hell naw. give the guy his raise with the money ross, mckenzie, ang goff wouldve been owed. reinforce the line through the draft and let mac truck and brad rumble.

CruzSoldier
01-30-2012, 04:09 AM
He want's TOO MUCH and we have other free agents we are already DEEP at DE.

Pierre-Paul
01-30-2012, 06:09 AM
Pssssst... We're going to the Super Bowl THIS WEEK. Let's figure this out next week.

Raptor22
01-30-2012, 09:53 AM
He want's TOO MUCH and we have other free agents we are already DEEP at DE.

1) Osi isn't a free agent, he just feels that he's outplaying his contract

2) How deep were we when Tolly was starting?

TuckRules91
02-08-2012, 11:56 PM
I love Osi, but I would trade him if we get a 1st round pick + other picks, I don't want any players. If we don't get a 1st+, I'll pass and keep him.

NCGiant23
02-09-2012, 10:20 AM
how about keep Osi because HE IS UNDER CONTRACT!! and HE IS AN ANIMAL!!Problem is he might not play b/c of his contract. Maybe we get lucky and he decides to play under his current deal, but management likely won't want to take that chance. Our problem is we're in cap hell right now. There really aren't a lot of good options which is why they may be forced to trade him.

Giants Of New Jersey
02-09-2012, 10:24 AM
so jonathan stewart is "WAY BETTER" than bradshaw....stop it just stop it...

Toadofsteel
02-09-2012, 11:56 PM
I'm not worried about the D line... primarily because JPP doesn't mind staying on his rookie contract and doesn't care how much he makes as long as he gets to work with Osi and Tuck. So consider it a bargain (in terms of cost-effectiveness) when you combine Osi and JPP for the cost of the two players.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d826ce00b/article/pierrepaul-wants-giants-to-keep-defensive-line-intact

Not only does the man already PLAY like Strahan 2.0, he's got the team mentality of Strahan 2.0.