PDA

View Full Version : Mario calls Edelman Out.

Husky
01-28-2012, 09:54 AM
He said that's (safety) not your position and I hope they play you there. NFL Net.

Firenugget
01-28-2012, 09:58 AM
It's not like it's a secret.

Intellect
01-28-2012, 10:03 AM
He said that's (safety) not your position and I hope they play you there. NFL Net.
</P>

Julian can play just about any position on the field and is underrated played slot cornerback. Matthew Slater is the WR that plays safety. But Edelman has done some good things at defensive back this season, without a doubt. </P>

MikeIsaGiant
01-28-2012, 10:08 AM
I'm glad he's calling Edelman out, show him that he needs to go back to WR

KidA
01-28-2012, 10:20 AM
There's no reason to do this. It doesn't give us any advantage and it will just fire up the Patriots.

It's like if Tom Brady said Kiwanuka should move back to DE because that's his true position. Kiwanuka would just play twice as hard in the big game.

Manningham should have kept it to himself.

bLuereverie
01-28-2012, 10:38 AM
I don't mind Giants publicly claiming they want to be matched up on Edelman, but I think Mario is not the WR on the Giants to do so.

GameTime
01-28-2012, 11:02 AM
</P>

thats not calling a player out that is just stating Edleman's current use for the Patriots..</P>

a very benign comment....</P>

Firenugget
01-28-2012, 11:08 AM
There's no reason to do this. It doesn't give us any advantage and it will just fire up the Patriots.

It's like if Tom Brady said Kiwanuka should move back to DE because that's his true position. Kiwanuka would just play twice as hard in the big game.

Really? That's going to fire them up huh? The fact that it's the Superbowl isn't enough? Give me a break.

Giantsin04
01-28-2012, 11:09 AM
I don't mind Giants publicly claiming they want to be matched up on Edelman, but I think Mario is not the WR on the Giants to do so.

I'm sure you mean no harm but the pic of Mrs Mara with the word beast written across it comes off a little rough.

bLuereverie
01-28-2012, 11:32 AM

I'm sure you mean no harm but the pic of Mrs Mara with the word beast written across it comes off a little rough.

It's a colloquial description of strength and endearing confidence, not an insult of monstrosity. No reason it should be misconstrued, especially on a Giants forum.

jjj45
01-28-2012, 11:47 AM
lol. I could just see mario running the wrong route and the ball getting picked by none other than Mr. Edelman himself. Of course then I'd expert Eli to torch him the rest of the game.

but seriously dude, keep your pie hole shut.

Husky
01-28-2012, 11:52 AM
</p>

thats not calling a player out that is just stating Edleman's current use for the Patriots..</p>

a very benign comment....</p>Yes it was. He said he wanted to see Edelman on D and was looking forward to the matchup.

GiantsFan27
01-28-2012, 12:04 PM
There's no reason to do this.* It doesn't give us any advantage and it will just fire up the Patriots.

It's like if Tom Brady said Kiwanuka should move back to DE because that's his true position.* Kiwanuka would just play twice as hard in the big game.*

oh really? yea man i can really see edelman saying "man, i was planning on playing sort of okay for this big game, but now that manningham insulted me....im going all out now balls to the wall!!!"

this is the dumbest logic ive ever heard. every player is gonna give it 100,000 % no matter what. trash talking doesnt add a damn thing to the game. these kinda posts are ridiculous.

GameTime
01-28-2012, 12:35 PM
</P>

thats not calling a player out that is just stating Edleman's current use for the Patriots..</P>

a very benign comment....</P>

Yes it was. He said he wanted to see Edelman on D and was looking forward to the matchup.</P>

and thats calling him out??......wow.....</P>

JimC
01-28-2012, 12:47 PM

That's calling someone out? Please!

Mod_C
01-28-2012, 01:01 PM

That's not "calling him out." I'd hope to put him in the defensive backfield too if I were a receiver.

look@dafilm
01-28-2012, 06:08 PM
He wouldn't face him anyway, Cruz would as its my understanding that Edleman only plays in the slot.

Firenugget
01-28-2012, 06:12 PM
He wouldn't face him anyway, Cruz would as its my understanding that Edleman only plays in the slot.

They interchange. Cruz isn't always in the slot.

sunsgiants
01-28-2012, 06:24 PM
I bet the Pats are gonna try to bait Eli to pick on Edelman so they can try to get a turnover. I wouldn't be surprised if Belichick has something of that sort drawn up.

Husky
01-28-2012, 06:36 PM

That's calling someone out? Please!
Sorry, I was paraphrasing. If you get to see the video you'd hear exactly what he said, and how he said it, his point was clear.

KidA
01-28-2012, 06:38 PM
There's no reason to do
this. It doesn't give us any advantage and it will just fire up the
Patriots.

It's like if Tom Brady said Kiwanuka should move back
to DE because that's his true position. Kiwanuka would just play twice
as hard in the big game.

Really? That's going to fire them up huh? The fact that it's the Superbowl isn't enough? Give me a break.

oh really? yea man i can really see edelman saying "man, i was planning on playing sort of okay for this big game, but now that manningham insulted me....im going all out now balls to the wall!!!"

this is the dumbest logic ive ever heard. every player is gonna give it 100,000 % no matter what. trash talking doesnt add a damn thing to the game. these kinda posts are ridiculous.

Hey, no fair, it's a two against one!

Oh wait, here's the 2007 Giants Defense supporting my point:

Link (http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/01/27/report-tom-bradys-arrogance-fueled-giants-in-super-bowl-xlii/)

Husky
01-28-2012, 06:51 PM
Again, sorry for paraphrasing. Basically, he said he wanted him on the field so he could take him to school. I guess you had to see the video to get the gist of what he said.
Not that I have a problem with what he said, as long as he backs it up.

hungrrrry
01-28-2012, 08:31 PM
I honestly think it is a decoy tactic....first it is going to make Edelman focus more on Manningham and not the other receivers and the other secondary defenders may feel there will be less focus on them...then we tear 'em a new ***. So expect nothing out of Manningham until near the end when Edelman starts honoring the rest of the receivers and then Manningham will have an opportunity.

bLuereverie
01-28-2012, 11:35 PM
There's no reason to do
this.* It doesn't give us any advantage and it will just fire up the
Patriots.

to DE because that's his true position.* Kiwanuka would just play twice
as hard in the big game.*

There's no reason to do this.* It doesn't give us any advantage and it will just fire up the Patriots.

It's like if Tom Brady said Kiwanuka should move back to DE because that's his true position.* Kiwanuka would just play twice as hard in the big game.*

Link (http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/01/27/report-tom-bradys-arrogance-fueled-giants-in-super-bowl-xlii/)

So where were the Jets, Cowboys, Falcons, Packers and 49ers fuel used to drive them over the top? The "trash talking" over those games were probably worse.

Intellect
01-29-2012, 08:14 AM
Julian Edelman is a smart, consistent and steady football player who's a jack of all trades and can do it all .. whether it be running routes, taking hand offs, receiving or fielding kicks, making tackles or covering receivers down field... he can do it all. I bet if we do put him on Manningham then he would do a good job covering him. Besides, Edelman is a reciever himself so he is probably familiar without alot of routes and he is just as quick and knows about cutting in and out of breaks.

Husky
01-29-2012, 09:41 AM
He didn't do so well against Bolden, last week. BB likes playing people out of position but he's no match covering top receivers. Every analyst said they would have thrown his way all day.

capetide
01-29-2012, 09:56 AM
I don't think the trash talk is a huge motivating factor, But , to me, it's so Jet-like. And that's not something I hope the Giants want to be.

Redeyejedi
01-29-2012, 10:15 AM
Is there really any reason to hit on a guys pride so he plays the game of his life.I mean Edelman could easily say hey Mario who the F are u to say anything didnt u get your job taken this season.

Firenugget
01-29-2012, 10:41 AM
There's no reason to do
Patriots.

as hard in the big game.

You can't see the difference in what Manningham said and what (and maybe more-so how) Brady said? Not to mention the fact that it's a QB saying it. It seems to rub in a bit more when the QB is talking trash for some reason.

JJC7301
01-29-2012, 10:41 AM
I think MM should shut up and not call anyone out. He should concentrate on catching passes because he's dropped quite a few in his career.

buddy33
01-29-2012, 11:29 AM
Grow thicker skin people. You are acting like the media now.

NYSPORTS
01-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Wish he would just shut up.

KidA
01-29-2012, 11:56 AM
There's no reason to do
Patriots.

as hard in the big game.

You can't see the difference in what Manningham said and what (and maybe more-so how) Brady said? Not to mention the fact that it's a QB saying it. It seems to rub in a bit more when the QB is talking trash for some reason.

There are a few differences:

-Brady is a QB as you said, and he was talking about offense vs. defense in general

-Brady was responding to Burress' prediction

-Manningham directly called out a single player

I don't know which is worse, but neither is a smart move.

Gianthunter
01-29-2012, 12:04 PM
Lotsa knickers gettin twisted over nuthin.

Axels15
01-29-2012, 01:39 PM

No one is playing twice as hard in the super bowl.

its the ****ing super bowl

Play or go home

Axels15
01-29-2012, 01:39 PM
Double Post

Mod_C
01-31-2012, 06:42 PM
There's no reason to do
Patriots.

as hard in the big game.

There are a few differences:

-Brady is a QB as you said, and he was talking about offense vs. defense in general

-Brady was responding to Burress' prediction

-Manningham directly called out a single player

I don't know which is worse, but neither is a smart move.

Whether or not is was a smart thing to say is open to interpretation and personal preference. But to say "called out" is just not even close. What they said about Revis before the jets game was closer to "calling out."