PDA

View Full Version : Sign Vincent Jackson = Win the next 4 superbowls

Spizi
01-28-2012, 03:22 PM
Ok I know this isn't the offseason yet but you can always look ahead. Vincent Jackson is a free agent this offseason and I think he would make our offense as feared as the Packers and Saints.

Manningham is most likely gone and Jackson is a huge upgrade from him anyway. He averages 18 ypc!!, is 6'5 230!!, and is an unstoppable redzone threat with his 39 inch vertical.

I say get him at all costs because we would be unstoppable with him.

Eli TO Shockey
01-28-2012, 03:27 PM
LOL. and how do you expect us to sign the headcase vincent jackson when we need to lock up Cruz and Nicks long term?

No thanks. lets focus on signing our 2 STUD WR's to long term contracts.

Spizi
01-28-2012, 03:28 PM
LOL. and how do you expect us to sign the headcase vincent jackson when we need to lock up Cruz and Nicks long term?

lol at your name. wanna talk about headcases??

idiotekniQues
01-28-2012, 03:29 PM
we have arguably the best trio of wide receivers in the NFL.

if we can we will keep all 3, but if we can't sign all 3 how in the hell can we lose 1 and bring onboard a guy who is gonna demand probably even more money anyways?

Eli TO Shockey
01-28-2012, 03:32 PM

hey at least I can blame 2005 for my bad ideas. [:D]

yoeddy
01-28-2012, 03:43 PM
Ok I know this isn't the offseason yet but you can always look ahead. Vincent Jackson is a free agent this offseason and I think he would make our offense as feared as the Packers and Saints.

Manningham is most likely gone and Jackson is a huge upgrade from him anyway. He averages 18 ypc!!, is 6'5 230!!, and is an unstoppable redzone threat with his 39 inch vertical.

Jackson will command bigger money than Manningham...so I'd rather resign Mannignham...

bflo23
01-28-2012, 03:43 PM
Vincent Jackson is gonna be expensive and is too big that he would have to go on the outside. I want to keep both Nicks and Cruz as their outside receivers. I don't want to move either Nicks or Cruz to the slot receiver. Nicks 6'1", Manningham 6'0" and Cruz 6'0" are big enough. We know Cruz is plenty capable of being a threat deep and Cruz average 18.7 yards per catch!

If the Giants should look for size, look for large TE scoring threat..... Jimmy Graham 6'7", Gronk 6'6", Witten 6'6".... That type of size TE. Nothing against Ballard.

Eli TO Shockey
01-28-2012, 03:45 PM
dont be surprised if Steve Smith is our slot WR next season

Spizi
01-28-2012, 03:46 PM

haha. But you can't deny how sick we would be with Nicks and Jackson outside with Cruz in the slot! That's unfair haha

idiotekniQues
01-28-2012, 03:49 PM
Vincent Jackson is gonna be expensive and is too big that he would have to go on the outside. I want to keep both Nicks and Cruz as their outside receivers. I don't want to move either Nicks or Cruz to the slot receiver. Nicks 6'1", Manningham 6'0" and Cruz 6'0" are big enough. We know Cruz is plenty capable of being a threat deep and Cruz average 18.7 yards per catch!

If the Giants should look for size, look for large TE scoring threat..... Jimmy Graham 6'7", Gronk 6'6", Witten 6'6".... That type of size TE.

definitely. focus on one of the new school sized TE's rather than bring in a big free agent WR.

gmen0820
01-28-2012, 03:50 PM
He's said he wants to remain a Charger. Then again so did Steve Smith.

bLuereverie
01-28-2012, 03:50 PM

I wouldn't be. I wouldn't even be surprised if Plax is back in the better lockeroom of the stadium. Highly unlikely, but not surprising.

bflo23
01-28-2012, 03:53 PM
definitely. focus on one of the new school sized TE's rather than bring in a big free agent WR.

I do like Ballard but the Giants can improve from the TE spot. If the Giants kept him as next year TE, I would be fine with it as well. I just don't want to move Cruz out of the outside receiver spot where he dominated for 1536 yards, 18.7 yards per catch, 9 TDs and has shown to be such a great deep threat as well.

From what I have seen, I know it is the boring pick but I would go with o-line before WR or TE.

gmen0820
01-28-2012, 03:54 PM

I wouldn't be. I wouldn't even be surprised if Plax is back in the better lockeroom of the stadium. Highly unlikely, but not surprising.+1

nYg24
01-28-2012, 03:57 PM
Id rather keep Manningham, its rare that you ever have a group as talented an unselfish as we do now.

SweetZombieJesus
01-28-2012, 04:03 PM
We've got Hakeem and hopefully they lock up Victor Cruz to a long term deal. Why do we need Vincent Jackson? We can let the 3rd spot go to draft picks or a bargain pickup.

Might as well sign DeSean Jackson too.

Much, much bigger problems that need money than WR. In fact that's just about the last position we need help at.

O line needs to be blown up. Tuck is playing on a bargain contract and deserves to get paid. JPP is going to be worthy of a 15 year $250 million contract the way he plays. Jacobs is done and Bradshaw is getting there, so we need RBs too. Kiwi is up, TT is up, Ross is up... Yeah let's sign a wide receiver. [:O]

Meanhothead
01-28-2012, 04:15 PM
49ers are going to go after VJax.

NYtoSanDiego
01-28-2012, 04:18 PM

big time pass! don't ever get him, he's lazy when he doesn't get the ball early in games and will be a cancer for the team.

Voldamort
01-28-2012, 04:23 PM
with what money? Manningham made nothing!!

Eli TO Shockey
01-28-2012, 04:27 PM

haha. But you can't deny how sick we would be with Nicks and Jackson outside with Cruz in the slot! That's unfair haha

sure it would look sick in madden. But we need to worry about salary cap. Its going to very difficult signing nicks and cruz, especually with our current Salary cap situation, let alone vincent jackson who will ask for big time money.

bflo23
01-28-2012, 04:35 PM
sure it would look sick in madden. But we need to worry about salary cap. Its going to very difficult signing nicks and cruz, especually with our current Salary cap situation, let alone vincent jackson who will ask for big time money.

Giants have many other issues rather than WR depth. It is a bad decision to pay #1 WR money to a Giant player who would only be their #3 WR (i mean 3rd most effective WR) and at the same time move Cruz out of a position that he just DOMINATED this season.

calzonesays
01-28-2012, 05:27 PM
No thanks on Vjax. Had him on my fantasy team and tracked him a lot when I wasn't watching NYG. Dude is just one of those cancerous type receivers, a head case like others have said. He quits on some plays, or if Rivers overthrew him a bit he didn't even go through the trouble of trying to break up the INT. Why overpay for a WR like Vjax when you have Nicks/MM/Cruz?

I don't think the offense needs many upgrades in FA, but if you're gonna spend money on someone it might as well be a 2nd RB to complement AB.

pjam84
01-28-2012, 05:47 PM

I wouldn't be. I wouldn't even be surprised if Plax is back in the better lockeroom of the stadium. Highly unlikely, but not surprising.+1

are you guys ****ing kidding me? you wouldn't be surprised if plax is back on the giants? i would be shocked. it will never happen.

about v jackson. no thanks. that guy is usually pretty good...when he's actually on the field. but that's just it, he's never on the field. and he seems like kind of an ***.

in addition, he'd be more expensive than resigning manningham. i'd rather just keep mario. i like the three guys we have now. hopefully the giants can work it out.

don't forget, we might even have hixon back next year. hixon is a good player, and might've even had a breakout season had he not gotten injured in week 2.

gmen0820
01-28-2012, 09:07 PM

are you guys ****ing kidding me? you wouldn't be surprised if plax is back on the giants? i would be shocked. it will never happen.

about v jackson. no thanks. that guy is usually pretty good...when he's actually on the field. but that's just it, he's never on the field. and he seems like kind of an ***.

in addition, he'd be more expensive than resigning manningham. i'd rather just keep mario. i like the three guys we have now. hopefully the giants can work it out.

don't forget, we might even have hixon back next year. hixon is a good player, and might've even had a breakout season had he not gotten injured in week 2.If we lose Mario, I can see Cruz (well suited to play on the outside) move outside and Steve Smith be our slot guy.

Or, I can see Cruz in the slot and us bring in an outside, meticulous type receiver, possibly Plax.

chasjay
01-28-2012, 09:15 PM
I don't know all the details, but the racket that came from SD due to Jackson's contract issues puts me off - in addition to the question of paying him and positioning him. He doesn't seem like a Giant to me

Evo'Ed
01-28-2012, 09:22 PM
As others have mentioned, we have way more concerns on our team like the O-Line compared to signing another WR.

I'd love to keep Mario, but I wouldn't be shocked if Jernigan develops a bunch if he gets the 3rd WR position.

I know Jerrell Jernigan didn't do much at all this season, but look at Mario his first year (bad) and look at his big jump in year 2 and 3.

Hopefully Jernigan is not Sinorice X2.

BigBlue1971
01-28-2012, 09:23 PM
Vincent Jackson is too expensive for the Giants to go after!</P>

with the money you give him we can resignManningham and Steve Smith!</P>

i wouldnt be surprised at all to see Manningham stay with the G-Men!</P>

gmen0820
01-28-2012, 09:28 PM

with the money you give him we can resign*Manningham and Steve Smith!</P>

i wouldnt be surprised at all to see Manningham stay with the G-Men!</P>Wow that is a deep core, and all of them are very familiar with the system and Eli. That is so hard to defend.

G-Man67
01-28-2012, 10:39 PM
? he's the west coast version of Santonio Holmes .. NO THANKS!!!!!

NWKEffectElement
01-28-2012, 11:54 PM

with the money you give him we can resign*Manningham and Steve Smith!</P>

i wouldnt be surprised at all to see Manningham stay with the G-Men!</P>

Steve Smith will never wear a Giants uniform again, especially after this season. Not to mention the second injury to that knee. He is done.

LouisQ
01-29-2012, 12:19 AM
We need to keep this trio intact. Lock up cruz and Nicks longterm, and maningham to a 2-3 yr contract and have him in slot. I would try to pick up a veteran to teach these kids a few things or get Jernigan involved and see what he has.

Killa4luv
01-29-2012, 02:34 AM
We've got Ramses Barden to develop. He's like damn near 6-7 with huge hands.
Id focus on him before I'd pay for some guy at a position where we are loaded for the next 4-5 years.