PDA

View Full Version : Whatever may happen today, it is next week that makes/breaks us.

DragonSoul
12-04-2011, 04:47 PM
If we lose to (cowboys) them next week we are pretty much done unless they loss out.

Todays game is big, but next week will be the bigger of the two. Can only hope Arizona pulls it out. The boys got away with a couple close (maybe lucky) wins.

JMFP2
12-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Can't look past this GB game....today is huge.</P>

NYfanatic
12-04-2011, 04:57 PM
Falcons/Bears/Lions loss out as well...

NYfanatic
12-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Can't look past this GB game....today is huge.</p>
Play tough and it could motivate this team. COULD.

DragonSoul
12-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Can't look past this GB game....today is huge.</P>Trust me not looking past. Just want to add some calmness just in case so ppl can see the big picture.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-04-2011, 07:04 PM
If we lose to (cowboys) them next week we are pretty much done unless they loss out. Todays game is big, but next week will be the bigger of the two. Can only hope Arizona pulls it out. The boys got away with a couple close (maybe lucky) wins.</P>

Not true at all. Bears lose AGAIN. They lost cutler and possible forte for the year. Lions have a extremely tough schedule. Atlanta also lost to houston. Yes, I want the division. But the wild card is WIDE OPEN.</P>

Brandon jacobs
12-04-2011, 07:07 PM
These guys just have to believe in themselves. the "I know I can attitude"

DragonSoul
12-04-2011, 09:17 PM
Refs cost us, but we still have a chance. Called the Dallas lost. :) Hate the Refs, the bad 2 min none use of time and Fewells defensive calls.

Line played better, and this is prob the best set up 4 it to, till the draft/FA...

DragonSoul
12-05-2011, 08:33 AM
Bump....In case any one is interested

tonyt830
12-05-2011, 08:44 AM
yeah the Cowboys loss kept the Giants chances of the playoffs still within reach. Now the Giants offense needs to bring it again next week--they are on a roll.

Although I will be rooting against the Bears, Falcons and Lions, the Giants just have to take care of their business first and foremost.

DragonSoul
12-05-2011, 12:42 PM
yeah the Cowboys loss kept the Giants chances of the playoffs still within reach. Now the Giants offense needs to bring it again next week--they are on a roll.

Although I will be rooting against the Bears, Falcons and Lions, the Giants just have to take care of their business first and foremost.If the Giants beat Dallas twice and add at least 1 more win vs the Jets or Skins we are in.

If they get into the playoffs as division winners and now even possibly as a wild card anything can happen.

If we lose to the boys next week, then its over unless Romo does is annual end of the year flop.

Pakman
12-05-2011, 12:53 PM
If we beat Dallas...we take control of our own destiny...pretty funny how it could all work out.

PIERCEnumber58rules
12-05-2011, 12:59 PM
As upset as I was yesterday, the game wasn't a must win. I'm getting a little sick of always being in must win situations, but that's a different story. A little cushion would be nice. But whatever, it's done. If we go out and beat Dallas next week, we're both 7-6 and in complete control of our destiny. And I like our last four games more than I like Dallas' last four.

RoanokeFan
12-05-2011, 01:03 PM
As upset as I was yesterday, the game wasn't a must win. I'm getting a little sick of always being in must win situations, but that's a different story. A little cushion would be nice. But whatever, it's done. If we go out and beat Dallas next week, we're both 7-6 and in complete control of our destiny. And I like our last four games more than I like Dallas' last four.

We have our own destiny in our own hands. It doesn't get any better than that. The players either man up these last four games, or go home!

Ntegrase96
12-05-2011, 01:18 PM
I think you guys are in better position than you realize.

Many will remember the thread a week ago stating that Dallas could clinch in two weeks if they beat the Cardinals and Giants and a few other things happened in the East. Well, the few other things happened, but Dallas lost.

And in that clinching scenario, the victory specifically against the Cardinals was huge. It determined the tiebreaker should Dallas and New York split their season series and tie. That's why Dallas would've been able to lose the last 3 and it wouldn't have mattered.

Now, Dallas is still only a game ahead with no tiebreaker. They would have to win the next 3 now to officially eliminate the Giants making that last game meaningless, and now, it is the Giants who have the more favorable schedule.

Edit: Think I'll start a new thread with this as the OP.

DragonSoul
12-05-2011, 06:21 PM
I think you guys are in better position than you realize.

Many will remember the thread a week ago stating that Dallas could clinch in two weeks if they beat the Cardinals and Giants and a few other things happened in the East. Well, the few other things happened, but Dallas lost.

And in that clinching scenario, the victory specifically against the Cardinals was huge. It determined the tiebreaker should Dallas and New York split their season series and tie. That's why Dallas would've been able to lose the last 3 and it wouldn't have mattered.

Now, Dallas is still only a game ahead with no tiebreaker. They would have to win the next 3 now to officially eliminate the Giants making that last game meaningless, and now, it is the Giants who have the more favorable schedule.

Edit: Think I'll start a new thread with this as the OP.
was curious about the tie breaker. Havent had a chance to look into it, thanks for the heads up.