PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather

NYtoSanDiego
01-28-2012, 05:12 PM
go through a season where the Giants go 14-2 or 13-3 and winning the superbowl, or would you rather have them be 10-6 and 9-7 and go on this magical ride?

reason i ask and maybe its just me or maybe its been so long i can't remember the feeling of SB21 and SB25 when I was 8 and 12yrs old. somehow these last two superbowls has been one heck of a ride as a giants fan.

Voldamort
01-28-2012, 05:26 PM
Winning the Superbowl is the goal !!! Would love to see a team like the 86 Giants ,but that doesn't happen anymore? To much media,hype whatever?

miked1958
01-28-2012, 08:01 PM
go through a season where the Giants go 14-2 or 13-3 and winning the superbowl, or would you rather have them be 10-6 and 9-7 and go on this magical ride?

reason i ask and maybe its just me or maybe its been so long i can't remember the feeling of SB21 and SB25 when I was 8 and 12yrs old. somehow these last two superbowls has been one heck of a ride as a giants fan.
I am 54 years old and was able to experience all of our SuperBowls as a diehard fan. I was in my 30s for the first 2. My 40s for the ravens one and my 50s for the last 2. (side note. I also spent a lot of lean years as a fan all the way from like 8/10 yrs old up through their first SB.

With that said I loved those 2 dominating teams. It was so awesome to watch. However the way they won in 07 and this season is somehow much more satisfying IMO.

stormblue
01-28-2012, 08:15 PM
1 am 56 yrs old and there is nothing like knowing
you are a bad-*** team and going out and kicking assbucket on the field. like the SB against Denver.
We knew it
Denver knew it
Vegas knew it.

sweating it out every year just to see if we can somehow hold the right tie-breaker on the last game of the season just to make the playoffs is as much fun as being waterboarded if you ask me.

i root for 19 - 0 every year.

bflo23
01-28-2012, 08:20 PM
Nothing will ever beat the 2007 Giants playoff run. We will never ever see such a playoff run in any sport.

This is current playoff run is sweet though. Constant underdog and they are making the plays and winning. It is definitely more fun when Giants are underdogs and they are winning especially if the games are classics and close.

FlipNYG77
01-28-2012, 08:30 PM
will you rather have a woman you know you will marry put out on the first day or wait till the honeymoon?a win is a win they are all satisfying....ive been married twice

stormblue
01-28-2012, 09:49 PM
will you rather have a woman you know you will marry put out on the first day or wait till the honeymoon?a win is a win they are all satisfying....ive been married twice

you have a wife that puts out ?
i'm gonna make her read this ; yo Brenda.......

lnp12
01-28-2012, 11:03 PM

I feel like the season as a whole would be a lot more entertaining with a dominating team, but the playoffs are just absolutely amazing and unforgettable when you're coming from behind to prove everyone wrong.

gmen0820
01-28-2012, 11:05 PM
2-3 ****ty weeks or 6-7 ****ty weeks. Hmm tough one..

stormblue
01-28-2012, 11:14 PM

so thats 420 plus 04 beers right ?
+04
----------

damn i'm good at math

gmen0820
01-28-2012, 11:21 PM

so thats 420 plus 04 beers right ?
+04
----------

damn i'm good at mathlol

frantlj
01-28-2012, 11:40 PM
Wow! I just realized that there are four years in between both these Super Bowls appearances. Just sayin'....... And, yeah, I would rather have a great season, number one seed and coast through the playoffs to the Super Bowl but I gotta say there is something special about being the underdog and coming through. Nothing will top of the last Super Bowl win since the Pats were so dominant all year long. But every time the Giants are in the Super Bowl is such a sweet time for everyone.

GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!

BigBlue1971
01-29-2012, 12:03 AM
1 am 56 yrs old and there is nothing like knowing you are a bad-*** team and going out and kicking assbucket on the field. like the SB against Denver. We knew it Denver knew it Vegas knew it. sweating it out every year just to see if we can somehow hold the right tie-breaker on the last game of the season just to make the playoffs is as much fun as being waterboarded if you ask me.<FONT color=#0000ff size=5> i root for 19 - 0 every year</FONT>.</P>

</P>

i too root for an undefeated season; that said a team has to peak all season to accomplish that feat! as evident by the pats 18-1 season in 07, its hard to peak every game.</P>

certainly i would like that senario but i also love to see the Giants peaking in week 15 and carry it on over to the sb, just as in 07 and again this year. </P>

i think the Giants playing as the have since beating the Jets are the best team in the entire league today!</P>

</P>

stormblue
01-29-2012, 12:15 AM
1 am 56 yrs old and there is nothing like knowing you are a bad-*** team and going out and kicking assbucket on the field. like the SB against Denver. We knew it Denver knew it Vegas knew it. sweating it out every year just to see if we can somehow hold the right tie-breaker on the last game of the season just to make the playoffs is as much fun as being waterboarded if you ask me.<FONT color=#0000ff size=5> i root for 19 - 0 every year</FONT>.</P>

*</P>

i too root for an undefeated season; that said a team has to peak all season to accomplish that feat!* as evident by the pats 18-1 season in 07, its hard to peak every game.</P>

certainly i would like that senario but i also love to see the Giants peaking in week 15 and carry it on over to the sb, just as in 07 and again this year.* </P>

i think the Giants playing as the have since beating the Jets are the best team in the entire league today!</P>

*</P>

you are right.....we are the best team left now.
but the Pats would have lost to any of the final four teams from the NFC.the entire AFC was very weak this year.

i am just as confident for this game as i was
for the Giants/Denver SB.

Vegas won't admit it .....
but the New York Football GIANTS know it ,
and the Patsies know it too.

Giantsfan62
01-29-2012, 12:26 AM
I`m 54 and I remember all of the Giant`s Super Bowls very well.

The only one I had a bad feeling about ahead of time was the one with the Ravens. Their defense was just too strong.

The first two wins were great,the one over Buffalo was wild,being so close and hinging on that missed field goal by Buffalo.
Still,to me that 2007 run-up and the game itself was the most meaningful to me.

I literally ran outside after the game and yelled,letting off steam over the excitement of the Giants beating the top team,after the Giants had been given no chance by the experts. Felt like a huge 50th birthday present to me!

This one is very similar to that so far. Hardly anyone outside of the Giants faithful gave them a chance. Every team from the Cowboys on up were "supposed" to knock us out. Now they want to cry "Luck"....

One difference this time is I would be thrilled if the Giants dominate the game from start to finish in this SB. Leave no question who is the Best team in Football!

I`d actually rather they come up this way,knocking off teams left and right the hard way,rather than being one of those 18-0 Jobs like the Pats were.

FDNY Fitzy
01-29-2012, 12:28 AM
Only way the reg season matters is whether or not you get into the postseason.

First round bye and home advantage are nice, but when you end up making the Super Bowl anyways, they are deemed irrelevant to that effect.

So, end of day, I couldn't care less.

GmenFan1980
01-29-2012, 12:30 AM
As amazing as having these wild runs are...I'll take 14-2 super bowl run any time.

it would still be fun for us fans watching our G-men dominate the competition and Win it all :)

stormblue
01-29-2012, 12:38 AM
and HOME GAMES for playoffs.
i'm so sick of watching Big Blue wearing Road Red

NYtoSanDiego
01-29-2012, 04:20 PM
I`m 54 and I remember all of the Giant`s Super Bowls very well.

The only one I had a bad feeling about ahead of time was the one with the Ravens. Their defense was just too strong.

The first two wins were great,the one over Buffalo was wild,being so close and hinging on that missed field goal by Buffalo.
Still,to me that 2007 run-up and the game itself was the most meaningful to me.

I literally ran outside after the game and yelled,letting off steam over the excitement of the Giants beating the top team,after the Giants had been given no chance by the experts. Felt like a huge 50th birthday present to me!

This one is very similar to that so far. Hardly anyone outside of the Giants faithful gave them a chance. Every team from the Cowboys on up were "supposed" to knock us out. Now they want to cry "Luck"....

One difference this time is I would be thrilled if the Giants dominate the game from start to finish in this SB. Leave no question who is the Best team in Football!

I`d actually rather they come up this way,knocking off teams left and right the hard way,rather than being one of those 18-0 Jobs like the Pats were.

there was a lot of fans during the 07 run that ran outside screaming me being one of them. first was the laurence tynes fg and the other the td to plax.

i'm with you as far as i'd like to see this SB be done with midway through the 3rd qtr. i want to see something like 35-10 or 27-3.