PDA

View Full Version : What to do with the ProBowl to make players want to be there...

hungrrrry
01-28-2012, 06:22 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/conversations/_/id/7502442/the-nfl-pro-bowl-serves-no-purpose-needs-one?eleven=twelve</P>

None of the playersfrom the Patriots nor Giantsteams will be there...honestly they could probably care lessprefer rest...the same as all the other players that drop out every year. They are just ready for time off!</P>

Why not push the Pro-Bowl off until the weekend before free agency opens or even near draft day?</P>

I know what you are thinking...Agents wouldn't want their clients chancing an injury. These guys really don't play all that hard anyway and it would get them geared up for the new season. </P>

Maybe that Gawd-aweful month prior to training camp when nothing of note comes out of the NFL.</P>

The Pro-Bowl should be more relevant than it is and hell, I would love to watch some sort of pro football during the off-season....</P>

Any thoughts?</P>

slipknottin
01-28-2012, 06:31 PM
skills competition.

DragonSoul
01-28-2012, 06:37 PM
What about before training camp starts. It be a great exhibition & get them ready for the season.

bflo23
Get rid of the pro bowl game. Just give the awards to the players.

bflo23

SweetZombieJesus
01-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Deathmatch

krygny
01-28-2012, 06:41 PM
You could play the game in Hawaii.

The game is a perk for the players. And being elected or chosen helps with contract negotiations.

I assume the Harbaugh Bros. are coaching the game (Conference runners-up). Am I correct in that? How horrible that must be. You just lose perhaps the most meaningful game of your life and, as a reward, you get to coach in the most meaningless game of the year. That's almost cruel. It's like punishment for losing the conference championship.

miked1958
01-28-2012, 06:44 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/conversations/_/id/7502442/the-nfl-pro-bowl-serves-no-purpose-needs-one?eleven=twelve</P>

None of the players*from the Patriots nor Giants*teams will be there...honestly they could probably care less*prefer rest...the same as all the other players that drop out every year. They are just ready for time off!</P>

Why not push the Pro-Bowl off until the weekend before free agency opens or even near draft day?</P>

I know what you are thinking...Agents wouldn't want their clients chancing an injury. These guys really don't play all that hard anyway and it would get them geared up for the new season. </P>

Maybe that Gawd-aweful month prior to training camp when nothing of note comes out of the NFL.</P>

The Pro-Bowl should be more relevant than it is and hell, I would love to watch some sort of pro football during the off-season....</P>

Any thoughts?</P>
Have a Slam Dunk Contest like the NBA. Only the guys a judged on best slams over the Goalposts! Lol

slipknottin
01-28-2012, 06:47 PM
Have a Slam Dunk Contest like the NBA. Only the guys a judged on best slams over the Goalposts! Lol

thats what im saying. give them stupid events that they can just have fun doing.

Like an TD dance competition.

miked1958
01-28-2012, 06:48 PM
skills competition.
Actually I was joking. But you might be onto something here. Have guys be graded on throwing the ball the furthest and for pinpoint arcuracy. WRs catching passes, RBs racing, punters and kickers for longest punts, kickoffs and FGs

miked1958
01-28-2012, 06:48 PM
What do u do with defenders though

miked1958
01-28-2012, 06:49 PM

thats what im saying. give them stupid events that they can just have fun doing.

Like an TD dance competition.
They can also have a flag football game with celebs.
Ans have an old timers type game

miked1958
01-28-2012, 06:51 PM
What about before training camp starts. It be a great exhibition & get them ready for the season.
I like it. But no one wood want to risk a key player to injury so close to start of season

slipknottin
01-28-2012, 06:51 PM

best sack dances. lol.

I dont know, Im sure they could think of all sorts of things.

the_fish62
01-28-2012, 07:00 PM
Pick Captions and have them pick a team. No NFC-AFC just two teams like back yard football.

miked1958
01-28-2012, 07:03 PM

best sack dances. lol.

I dont know, Im sure they could think of all sorts of things.
And endzone td dances

hungrrrry
01-28-2012, 07:11 PM
The skills games would be fun to watch but I really would much prefer to see a game during the off-season...even if it is at 60% effort

Voldamort
01-28-2012, 07:20 PM
I would hate to see anybody get hurt in this game

stormblue
01-28-2012, 07:25 PM
this is no knock on your post Hungrrrrry ,
but i care about the Pro Bowl even less than the NFL draft dodgers do.

it's a useless meaningless game.
and who the heck wants to fly all the way to Hawaii for an autograph.
Hawaii is about grass skirts , not jock straps.

i don't like all-star games in any sport.
but that's just me.

well actually it's not just me ; it's also a lot
of players that don't care either.

Firenugget
01-28-2012, 08:19 PM

I agree, although I say get rid of the entire thing. Name players to the all pro team, give em a certificate or something, donate some cash in their names and that's it.

The idea of having any kind of game is ridiculous imo.

GmenFan1980
01-28-2012, 11:50 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/01/28/winners-share-on-players-mind/?module=HP11_content_stream

how about more a little more money to make them play :P

Crazy 88
01-28-2012, 11:58 PM
they should get rid of the coin-toss prior to the SB and have the winning conference's SB reprsentative decide whether to kick or receive the ball. eh? eh?

miked1958
01-29-2012, 01:13 AM
they should get rid of the coin-toss prior to the SB and have the winning conference's SB reprsentative decide whether to kick or receive the ball. eh? eh?
That is good. Not as big a deal as the MLB All Star Game though.
Doesn't the winner of that determine Home Field? Or is that the NBA

Crazy 88
01-29-2012, 02:14 AM
That is good. Not as big a deal as the MLB All Star Game though.
Doesn't the winner of that determine Home Field? Or is that the NBA
Correct! MLB allstar winning team gets the home field

G-Men Surg.
01-29-2012, 02:50 AM
For me its simple , first, move back the probowl after the SB like the way it was and second, get the fans out of the voting process and put the responsability on the coaches and players on who is going to the probowl, enough said.

look@dafilm
01-29-2012, 07:54 AM
For me its simple , first, move back the probowl after the SB like the way it was and second, get the fans out of the voting process and put the responsability on the coaches and players on who is going to the probowl, enough said.

I second this. Although, it will never happen. The reason it was moved up in the first place was not for convenience for the players (obviously) but for the fans to give a ****. If you remove fan-voting, fans will feel even less detached from the game and give even less of a ****, lol. You'll see viewership go down. Its all about ratings unfortunately.

Giantsin04
01-29-2012, 09:21 AM
It cant be saved. The players don't want to go and the fans don't want to watch. Forcing it down our throats is just pissing money away. - CANCEL

brad
01-29-2012, 09:27 AM
Move the Pro Bowl, making it after the Super Bowl. No players from the SB will ever go and risk getting hurt in a meaningless exhibition game. Then, remove the "Pro Bowl" label from any player that does not show up, unless they have a medical reason. Being called a Pro Bowler has a big impact on salary negotiations, so this would mean a lot to them.

chasjay
01-29-2012, 10:19 AM

That could backfire. I don't think the players that the Giants eliminated are interested in trying to help the Giants win the SB coin toss.