PDA

View Full Version : so since Gronkowski is hurt....

Cruz 4 Prez
01-28-2012, 08:53 PM
I think we need to approach this game like we did the Packers game, and be very physical at the line within 5 yards, knock them off their route, and make Brady hold the ball a bit more. Plus if we are physical at the line with Gronk especially it will really test that high ankle sprain, and even if he is on a cortizone shot by the end of the game he especially the 2nd half he really will be slowed down. Every time he's targeted I would like our guys to go low to tackle him anyways regardless the injury cause big physical guys like himself won't go down with an arm tackle. What do you guys think?

Cruz 4 Prez
01-28-2012, 09:57 PM
Well jeez, not everyone at once, lmao!

gmen0820
01-28-2012, 10:02 PM
I don't think he has a high ankle sprain to be honest, his dad says it, but the team doesn't confirm it. Sounds like the Patriot sneaky way to me.

Cruz 4 Prez
01-28-2012, 10:12 PM
I don't think he has a high ankle sprain to be honest, his dad says it, but the team doesn't confirm it. Sounds like the Patriot sneaky way to me.
Lol, I never even thought about that... Well you know our team will prepare to play versus a fully healthy Gronk, but regardless I think we need to be on them as soon as they hike the ball, and bump and run coverage to throw them off their routes.

Giant Ditka
01-28-2012, 10:23 PM
Something very shady about this injury, i don't see Gronk playing because from the replay i saw it has to be more than just a sprain.

Firenugget
01-28-2012, 10:28 PM

I can't see them keeping him from practicing to play some mind games with us. That would be silly I think. I'm sure he is hurt but also would count on him playing. I do agree that we should be very physical with him from the start. Although I'm not sure how physical you can be with a guy his size lol.

gmen0820
01-28-2012, 10:31 PM

I can't see them keeping him from practicing to play some mind games with us. That would be silly I think. I'm sure he is hurt but also would count on him playing. I do agree that we should be very physical with him from the start. Although I'm not sure how physical you can be with a guy his size lol.
I'm not saying he isn't hurt, but a high ankle sprain is a bad injury for a two week recovery. I don't think it is to that extent, but I do believe that the team doesn't confirm it for a reason. I mean. unless they did confirm it, haven't hear anything other than media outlets blowing the story up. I can see the Pats scheming that.

bflo23
01-28-2012, 10:39 PM

Did you see the tackle? It wasn't an inversion (roll ankle) or eversion sprain. His foot spun to the side as Pollard fell on top of it and that could only cause a high ankle sprain. It was a brutal sprain with the way it twisted to the side. And the Patriots would never tell the extent of their injuries because it is Bill Belichick and he never does. Why would the Patriots give the Giants any advantage and tell them their injuries? I would be shocked if he returns to practice soon and I would be shocked if he is 25% in the game.

Watch the video of the tackle... And then look at this.

<font size="4" color="#0000FF">Ankle sprains</font> (http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A0PDoTC3vyRP00IAMdmJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA3cn MybzJvBHNsawNpbWc-?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearc h%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dhigh%2Bankle%2Bsprain%26n%3D30%26 ei%3Dutf-8%26y%3DSearch%26fr%3Dchr-greentree_ff%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D63&amp;w=500&amp;h=649 &amp;imgurl=www.soccermaniak.com%2Fimages%2Fankle-sprains.jpg&amp;rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.soccermaniak.com %2Fsprained-ankle.html&amp;size=53.8+KB&amp;name=ankle%2Cswollen+ankle %2Chigh+ankle+sprain%2Ctwisted+ankle%2Ccauses+of+a nkle+...&amp;p=high+ankle+sprain&amp;oid=c1ad131caf9f65739 29354f3dddcf80d&amp;fr2=&amp;fr=chr-greentree_ff&amp;tt=ankle%252Cswollen%2Bankle%252Chigh %2Bankle%2Bsprain%252Ctwisted%2Bankle%252Ccauses%2 Bof%2Bankle%2B...&amp;b=61&amp;ni=112&amp;no=63&amp;tab=organic&amp;ts =&amp;sigr=11fm98tbr&amp;sigb=13tpqd5ae&amp;sigi=11d260ei1&amp;.cr umb=4DpUYHqRWjz)

bflo23
01-28-2012, 10:49 PM
<font size="4" color="#0000FF">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZIWAX3P6z8</font> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZIWAX3P6z8)

NFCEastBeast
01-28-2012, 11:03 PM
news flash. its a high ankle sprain....I assume he's a very tough man.... however a 2 week recovery for this type of injury is not anywhere near ideal .....would be a bit surprised if he didn't suit up and give it a shot at least though come gameday.....will be 50% at BEST.....2 catches for 25 yards at BEST.....don't think its possible to state how much this injury will shift the advantage to Perry calling his plays out there as this game wears on.....He will be able to be covered 1-1 something that hasn't happended all year when healthy... branch, welker, and hernandez will be greatly affected by this also.....brady hits the ground repeatedly.....I hate to sound ****y but I see our GMEN winning.....

Intellect
01-29-2012, 03:00 AM
news flash. its a high ankle sprain....I assume he's a very tough man.... however a 2 week recovery for this type of injury is not anywhere near ideal .....would be a bit surprised if he didn't suit up and give it a shot at least though come gameday.....will be 50% at BEST.....2 catches for 25 yards at BEST.....don't think its possible to state how much this injury will shift the advantage to Perry calling his plays out there as this game wears on.....He will be able to be covered 1-1 something that hasn't happended all year when healthy... branch, welker, and hernandez will be greatly affected by this also.....brady hits the ground repeatedly.....I hate to sound ****y but I see our GMEN winning.....</P>

Gronk is the toughest, strongest, and greatest tightend in the NFL, perhaps ever. This guy even at 50% which he will be at least 80% ready to go, is still better than every single tightend in the entire league. He is too great and has too much of an impact not to perform to the level of excellence that he usually performs to, even if injured. And by the way, the Ravens were lucky that he dropped that touchdown pass or the score would have been 30 to 20. And the very precise and intelligent route runner Deion Branch, legendary Wes Welker and the X-Factor Aaron Hernandez can all hurt you by themselves .. Not only that but have you seen Logan Mankins, Brian Waters and company handle the likes of Terrell Suggs, Von Miller and guys like that? Brady will be clean.</P>

B&RWarrior
01-29-2012, 03:11 AM
news flash. its a high ankle sprain....I assume he's a very tough man.... however a 2 week recovery for this type of injury is not anywhere near ideal .....would be a bit surprised if he didn't suit up and give it a shot at least though come gameday.....will be 50% at BEST.....2 catches for 25 yards at BEST.....don't think its possible to state how much this injury will shift the advantage to Perry calling his plays out there as this game wears on.....He will be able to be covered 1-1 something that hasn't happended all year when healthy... branch, welker, and hernandez will be greatly affected by this also.....brady hits the ground repeatedly.....I hate to sound ****y but I see our GMEN winning.....</P>

Gronk is the toughest, strongest, and greatest tightend in the NFL, perhaps ever.* This guy even at 50% which he will be at least 80% ready to go, is still better than every single tightend in the entire league.* He is too great and has too much of an impact not to perform to the level of excellence that he usually performs to, even if injured.* And by the way, the Ravens were lucky that he dropped that touchdown pass or the score would have been 30 to 20.* And the very precise and intelligent route runner Deion Branch, legendary Wes Welker and the X-Factor Aaron Hernandez can all hurt you by themselves .. Not only that but have you seen Logan Mankins, Brian Waters and company handle the likes of Terrell Suggs, Von Miller and guys like that?* Brady will be clean.</P>

Grownkowski has good hands and presents size mismatches beyond that there is nothing that special about him. The most special thing about him is that Brady is throwing to him.

thesin
01-29-2012, 03:18 AM

Gronk is the toughest, strongest, and greatest tightend in the NFL, perhaps ever.* This guy even at 50% which he will be at least 80% ready to go, is still better than every single tightend in the entire league.* He is too great and has too much of an impact not to perform to the level of excellence that he usually performs to, even if injured.* And by the way, the Ravens were lucky that he dropped that touchdown pass or the score would have been 30 to 20.* And the very precise and intelligent route runner Deion Branch, legendary Wes Welker and the X-Factor Aaron Hernandez can all hurt you by themselves .. Not only that but have you seen Logan Mankins, Brian Waters and company handle the likes of Terrell Suggs, Von Miller and guys like that?* Brady will be clean.</P>

Grownkowski has good hands and presents size mismatches beyond that there is nothing that special about him. The most special thing about him is that Brady is throwing to him.

Victor Cruz has good hands and presents speed mismatches beyond that there is nothing that special about him. The most special thing about him is that Eli Manning is throwing to him.

P_Simms_#11
01-29-2012, 03:19 AM
news flash. its a high ankle sprain....I assume he's a very tough man.... however a 2 week recovery for this type of injury is not anywhere near ideal .....would be a bit surprised if he didn't suit up and give it a shot at least though come gameday.....will be 50% at BEST.....2 catches for 25 yards at BEST.....don't think its possible to state how much this injury will shift the advantage to Perry calling his plays out there as this game wears on.....He will be able to be covered 1-1 something that hasn't happended all year when healthy... branch, welker, and hernandez will be greatly affected by this also.....brady hits the ground repeatedly.....I hate to sound ****y but I see our GMEN winning.....</p>

Gronk is the toughest, strongest, and greatest tightend in the NFL, perhaps ever. This guy even at 50% which he will be at least 80% ready to go, is still better than every single tightend in the entire league. He is too great and has too much of an impact not to perform to the level of excellence that he usually performs to, even if injured. And by the way, the Ravens were lucky that he dropped that touchdown pass or the score would have been 30 to 20. And the very precise and intelligent route runner Deion Branch, legendary Wes Welker and the X-Factor Aaron Hernandez can all hurt you by themselves .. Not only that but have you seen Logan Mankins, Brian Waters and company handle the likes of Terrell Suggs, Von Miller and guys like that? Brady will be clean.</p>

You sound like you're trying to convince yourself, not us.

thesin
01-29-2012, 03:20 AM
news flash. its a high ankle sprain....I assume he's a very tough man.... however a 2 week recovery for this type of injury is not anywhere near ideal .....would be a bit surprised if he didn't suit up and give it a shot at least though come gameday.....will be 50% at BEST.....2 catches for 25 yards at BEST.....don't think its possible to state how much this injury will shift the advantage to Perry calling his plays out there as this game wears on.....He will be able to be covered 1-1 something that hasn't happended all year when healthy... branch, welker, and hernandez will be greatly affected by this also.....brady hits the ground repeatedly.....I hate to sound ****y but I see our GMEN winning.....</p>

Gronk is the toughest, strongest, and greatest tightend in the NFL, perhaps ever.* This guy even at 50% which he will be at least 80% ready to go, is still better than every single tightend in the entire league.* He is too great and has too much of an impact not to perform to the level of excellence that he usually performs to, even if injured.* And by the way, the Ravens were lucky that he dropped that touchdown pass or the score would have been 30 to 20.* And the very precise and intelligent route runner Deion Branch, legendary Wes Welker and the X-Factor Aaron Hernandez can all hurt you by themselves .. Not only that but have you seen Logan Mankins, Brian Waters and company handle the likes of Terrell Suggs, Von Miller and guys like that?* Brady will be clean.</p>

we're just gonna act like he didn't return to the game?

B&RWarrior
01-29-2012, 03:40 AM

Victor Cruz has good hands and presents speed mismatches beyond that there is nothing that special about him. The most special thing about him is that Eli Manning is throwing to him.

Cruz is better route runner than Gronk he's more of a home run threat also. Gronk has better hands and is the better red zone target. Knowing what we know now who would you draft if a choice was to be made between the two? I'm leaning towards Cruz,but it's close.

Intellect
01-29-2012, 03:51 AM

Gronk is the toughest, strongest, and greatest tightend in the NFL, perhaps ever. This guy even at 50% which he will be at least 80% ready to go, is still better than every single tightend in the entire league. He is too great and has too much of an impact not to perform to the level of excellence that he usually performs to, even if injured. And by the way, the Ravens were lucky that he dropped that touchdown pass or the score would have been 30 to 20. And the very precise and intelligent route runner Deion Branch, legendary Wes Welker and the X-Factor Aaron Hernandez can all hurt you by themselves .. Not only that but have you seen Logan Mankins, Brian Waters and company handle the likes of Terrell Suggs, Von Miller and guys like that? Brady will be clean.</P>

Grownkowski has good hands and presents size mismatches beyond that there is nothing that special about him. The most special thing about him is that Brady is throwing to him. Victor Cruz has good hands and presents speed mismatches beyond that there is nothing that special about him. The most special thing about him is that Eli Manning is throwing to him. Cruz is better route runner than Gronk he's more of a home run threat also. Gronk has better hands and is the better red zone target. Knowing what we know now who would you draft if a choice was to be made between the two? I'm leaning towards Cruz,but it's close.</P>

Gronk, I've never seen anything like him. </P>

87Spider91
01-29-2012, 04:00 AM
Gronk is the toughest, strongest, and greatest tightend in the NFL, perhaps ever........*

Ravens were lucky that he dropped that touchdown pass. P>

Huh?!!! You'd think the toughest, stongest and greatest TE end in the history of the NFL would never drop a pass.

calzonesays
01-29-2012, 04:19 AM
I'm not buying the "High ankle sprain" leak. Must just be a Belicheat smoke screen...I find it hard to believe that Gronks dad would tell the WHOLE world about Gronks injury

Joe Morrison
01-29-2012, 04:57 AM
I'm not buying the "High ankle sprain" leak. Must just be a Belicheat smoke screen...I find it hard to believe that Gronks dad would tell the WHOLE world about Gronks injury
</P>

Totally agree, just another ploy by the Pats, Bill always messing with the injury report.</P>

gabagool
01-29-2012, 12:41 PM
Big Ben also returned to the game after having a high ankle sprain, and look at the rest of his year.

The problem with high ankle sprains are not immediate, its after it swells, and all of the ligament damage. If you think he will be 50-80%, you are out of your mind. This injury wont have you back 100% even after 3 weeks. He wont be able to cut, pivot, or put enough weight on it to get off the line as free as he usually could.

I have no doubt he will be on the field, but I do have doubt as to how effective he will be.

BigBlue2010
01-29-2012, 12:57 PM
Here's the way I look at it. I don't buy the whole "father leaking his injury" thing either but one of two things is true. (1) he will practice in Indy and hoax will be up or (2) he won't practice and that can't help pats with their timing.

Also, timing of his shot will be critical. There is a lot of time before the game.

thesin
01-29-2012, 01:01 PM

Cruz is better route runner than Gronk he's more of a home run threat also. Gronk has better hands and is the better red zone target. Knowing what we know now who would you draft if a choice was to be made between the two? I'm leaning towards Cruz,but it's close.

I was making fun of the poster who said that Brady makes Gronk. One is a tight end and the other is a receiver. Of Course Cruz is faster and better out of his breaks. Gronk is a much better blocker, redzone targe, tougher to bring down and tougher to match up with physically.

B&RWarrior
01-29-2012, 01:30 PM

I was making fun of the poster who said that Brady makes Gronk. One is a tight end and the other is a receiver. Of Course Cruz is faster and better out of his breaks. Gronk is a much better blocker, redzone targe, tougher to bring down and tougher to match up with physically.

I think a large part of Gronk's succes is due to Brady. Look at Wayne w/o Peyton Manning, Boss w/o Eli Manning you get the same thing- a srious dropoff in production. Gronk presents more mismmatches with his size and he'sa tough tackle but aside from that he's not great at any other aspect of the game. IMO he's not the best TE in the game. Jimmy Graham is head and shoulders above him. I'd take Davis, Witten and Gates before him as well.

Bluesmagoo
01-29-2012, 01:50 PM
If Belichick were to tell me that the sky was blue and the grass was green and that we inhabit the third planet(that he says we call "Earth") from the medium size star " he alledges is named "Sol" in a solar system at the far spiral end of a galaxy he asserts is referred to as "The Milky Way" . I would reach to check for my wallet and the more profitable of my organs and back away slowly...

thesin
01-29-2012, 01:53 PM

I think a large part of Gronk's succes is due to Brady. Look at Wayne w/o Peyton Manning, Boss w/o Eli Manning you get the same thing- a srious dropoff in production. Gronk presents more mismmatches with his size and he'sa tough tackle but aside from that he's not great at any other aspect of the game. IMO he's not the best TE in the game. Jimmy Graham is head and shoulders above him. I'd take Davis, Witten and Gates before him as well.

ahaha ok, that tells me all I need to know about your knowledge of the game.

Sarcasman
01-29-2012, 01:55 PM

I agree. I think he's dinged up (like everybody else at this point of the season) but otherwise fine and if the Giants believe any different they are complete fools.

Voldamort
01-29-2012, 02:03 PM
never trust the pat's plan on all hands on deck for them!! Just play hard,smart ,listen to the coach's and let the game plan unfold!!! Play with Giant Pride!! ALL IN!

bflo23
01-29-2012, 02:10 PM
To the people downplaying Gronk's ankle....

Did you see the brutal tackle from Pollard? It is 100% a high ankle sprain just by looking at the way his foot spun to the side. It wasn't inversion (roll ankle) or eversion sprain.

Do you know that high ankle sprain is the most serious of ankle sprains? Look at the players like Big Ben (could barely step forward in the pocket) and Peterson (came back in a month). When the doctors are saying it is long treatment to heal, they aren't lying. It isn't as simple as get a shot and he will be back 100%.

Did you see Gronk need an assistant help carry him to the locker? He came back, pretty much just block and didn't do anything. He could barely walk let alone run.

Belichick ploy? I would be surprised if Gronk goes to practice anytime soon. For him to heal, ankle has to remain in boot and practicing could make it worse. He may get 1 day practice. Belichick would be hurting Brady and his offense if they kept Gronk out of practice.... just because of a "ploy".

B&RWarrior
01-29-2012, 02:12 PM

ahaha ok, that tells me all I need to know about your knowledge of the game.

Point to flaw in my argument. I love to learn new things. Or you could just laugh and pretend to have a better knowledge set with nothing written to confirm this expertise.

I think Brady has the ability to line up players and call plays that create mismatches. He has that type of control in that offense. He also has the accuracy to "throw receivers open". He does this in nearly every game. IMHO these are the biggest factors in Gronks production. I'm not saying Gronk is w/o talent, what I am saying is a super QB makes an offense. A super TE is just a part of the offense.

Mike Ditka, when commenting on the Packers this morning said while Finely-a good TE in his own right - is talented if they don't resign him they will just find another servicable TE. It's AR that makes the offense what it is. The same can be said for Brady and Gronk in the NE.

There are no great receiving threats in NE. Gronk is the no. 1 option in the only offensive system that features 2 TEs as there top receiving threats. His numbers are gaudy, but if Brady got hurt he wouldn't have half of the production he had this year.

FYI fellow Giants fans. Brady can and will make any receiver on that team look like a super receiver, so our D better be ready to play. Pats don't live and die with Gronk they live and die with Brady and last I check he was ready to go.

We need to play our best game to win this game.

Sarcasman
01-29-2012, 02:53 PM

Gronk is the toughest, strongest, and greatest tightend in the NFL, perhaps ever.* This guy even at 50% which he will be at least 80% ready to go, is still better than every single tightend in the entire league.* He is too great and has too much of an impact not to perform to the level of excellence that he usually performs to, even if injured.* And by the way, the Ravens were lucky that he dropped that touchdown pass or the score would have been 30 to 20.* And the very precise and intelligent route runner Deion Branch, legendary Wes Welker and the X-Factor Aaron Hernandez can all hurt you by themselves .. Not only that but have you seen Logan Mankins, Brian Waters and company handle the likes of Terrell Suggs, Von Miller and guys like that?* Brady will be clean.</p>

we're just gonna act like he didn't return to the game?

This.

Gronk is hurt but very likely less so than the Pats are saying. Perhaps more than the Pats are saying but I doubt it.

He's a very good tight end. But the best ever nonsense should be shelved until he's performed at this level long enough for this not to be considered a ridiculous statement by a clueless homer. At this point in time, that's all it can be considered.

miked1958
01-29-2012, 07:26 PM

I hope it's more of a smoke screen and he plays at 100%. I want to be theirs our best and our best. With that said,, nicks has issues with shoulder and we have a few other key guys banged up like D.Williams, Bradshaw. Hope they all play to their potential and may best team win.

I know first gaes don't matter cause a lot has changed for both teams since week 9. However Pats had Gronk (he was SICK!!!) and the giants were without Nicks Bradshaw and Osi

NYCDBS
01-29-2012, 07:50 PM
How about you guys count yourselves as "LUCKY" If the Ravens nail a chip shot Brady might be in Hawaii right now..

dinz
01-29-2012, 10:26 PM
nycdss, why should the giants consider them selves lucky??Dont think ravens are better than pats..

NYCDBS
01-30-2012, 06:34 PM

I was actually responding to this post the quote didn't get attached to my previous response....

jomo
01-30-2012, 06:36 PM
This is classic Bellicheat. Don't think for a second that Gronk won't play at a high level. If he doesn't, fine but don't be lulled by the Pats smoke screen.

NYCDBS
01-31-2012, 03:21 AM
This is classic Bellicheat. Don't think for a second that Gronk won't play at a high level. If he doesn't, fine but don't be lulled by the Pats smoke screen.

I wouldn't put anything past Belichick however after seeing how Gronk's ankle basically caved in there is no way he is able to play at a high level if he plays at all...

suzyq
01-31-2012, 05:43 AM
we need to go into the game thinking that Gronk is going to play . We need to be very physical and go after Brady. I don't trust BB....