PDA

View Full Version : Gronk's ankle is serious injury... Dr. Kaplan said it is severe.

bflo23
01-28-2012, 10:48 PM
<font color="#0000FF"><font size="5">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZIWAX3P6z8</font></font> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZIWAX3P6z8)

Dr. Kaplan believes it won't be healed.

zimonami
01-28-2012, 10:57 PM
Agree. When it happened I was shocked that it didn't break. That kind of injury is 3 weeks, minimum.

nykn72
01-28-2012, 10:58 PM
anybody think he can play without being affected? the injury looked really nasty

idiotekniQues
01-28-2012, 11:00 PM
he'll play. get shot up with drugs more than joan rivers face before the oscars.

jjj45
01-28-2012, 11:02 PM
Cmon guys everybody knows the Patriots are tricky. They planned this ahead of time by telling Gronk to get up limping after he was tackled just to trick us. Man are they good!

NFCEastBeast
01-28-2012, 11:09 PM
news flash. its a high ankle sprain....I assume he's a very tough man.... however a 2 week recovery for this type of injury is not anywhere near ideal .....would be a bit surprised if he didn't suit up and give it a shot at least though come gameday.....will be 50% at BEST.....2 catches for 25 yards at BEST..... his position is simply too demanding to be effective after only 2 weeks....don't think its possible to state how much this injury will shift the advantage to Perry calling his plays out there as this game wears on.....He will be able to be covered 1-1 something that hasn't happended all year when healthy... branch, welker, and hernandez will be greatly affected by this also.....brady hits the ground repeatedly.....I hate to sound ****y but I see our GMEN winning.....

bflo23
01-28-2012, 11:10 PM
Agree. When it happened I was shocked that it didn't break. That kind of injury is 3 weeks, minimum.

"Athletes will typically return to play within 6 weeks, but about half will experience symptoms for up to 6 months.".... Look at what happened to Big Ben and Adrian Peterson. Big Ben looked terrible and couldn't even step forward in the pocket as he was a statue. And Peterson needed time to heal as well as he missed a full month. The only way to heal it is to keep it in the boot and don't move it. If he practices on it, he will only make it worse.

<ul> Protection (from further injury) Rest Ice Compression (wrapping, splint or cast) Elevation[/list]

SanAntonioGiant
01-28-2012, 11:18 PM
no way he misses the big game!!

Rest followed by a few shots & alota tape!

bflo23
01-28-2012, 11:20 PM
no way he misses the big game!!

Rest followed by a few shots &amp; alota tape!

Yea. He will be hopping on one foot or just be a decoy.

alwaysready126
01-28-2012, 11:26 PM
do you guys remember T.O.'s performance with a BROKEN ankle? I don't know anyone can assume he can't go. We will just see on gameday....I know TO had five more weeks...but anything is possible with these bohemiths......

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs04/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1985765

Bigbluefan1974
01-28-2012, 11:29 PM
It couldn't have too serious, he came back in the game....I'm sure he'll play in the super bowl.

jhamburg
01-28-2012, 11:48 PM
This has to be the worst injury for the patriots other than Tom Brady, right?

NYG4ME
01-28-2012, 11:51 PM
Unless your unable to move, you should be playing. END OF STORY!

Manning4MVP
01-28-2012, 11:54 PM

We all know he is going to play. The idea is how effective he will be.

NYG4ME
01-28-2012, 11:58 PM

We all know he is going to play. The idea is how effective he will be.

If he's out there it'll be effective, The Giants will be forced to pay extra attention to him.. Cant let him beat you.

I Bleed Blue 56
01-29-2012, 12:09 AM
I dont know if anybody caught it but after the game the next day the patriots signed a TE to there active roster. So I truley dont think they will say hes not playing to throw the Giants off guard but if he does he will be no more than a decoy because when he went down the patriots offense was inept point blank.

jjj45
01-29-2012, 12:21 AM
news flash. its a high ankle sprain....I assume he's a very tough man.... however a 2 week recovery for this type of injury is not anywhere near ideal .....would be a bit surprised if he didn't suit up and give it a shot at least though come gameday.....will be 50% at BEST.....2 catches for 25 yards at BEST..... his position is simply too demanding to be effective after only 2 weeks....don't think its possible to state how much this injury will shift the advantage to Perry calling his plays out there as this game wears on.....He will be able to be covered 1-1 something that hasn't happended all year when healthy... branch, welker, and hernandez will be greatly affected by this also.....brady hits the ground repeatedly.....I hate to sound ****y but I see our GMEN winning.....news flash! i was making a joke ;)