PDA

View Full Version : longest 2 wks...

blueomaha
01-29-2012, 10:01 AM
I'm hoping that this 2 weeks between the playoffs and sb doesn't affect the NYG...this gap in the nfl has always bother me...while it does give time for player time to heal and get rid of the bumps and bruises, sometimes mo walks right out the door and teams come out flat...I truly don't like this layover...thoughts

GmenFan1980
01-29-2012, 10:09 AM
all we can do is hope they are staying focused and keep giving 110% out there.

Hoova0797
01-29-2012, 10:11 AM
I think the best way to combat this is: full pads (no contact), full dress rehearsal, executing the 2 minute offense as if we're down 5 points....have a series of great practices....if its not good enough, run it again. We have to stay MENTALLY sharp on plays. Put the team in certain situations and ask the players what's going to happen. Make sure every stays on the same page. Preparation, rehearse, rehearse, rehearse! Then, may 1 or 2 days prior to the game, find some team building activitiy away from football. Keep the competitive mentality going, but get away from the sport....let them regroup just prior to the game.</P>

krygny
01-29-2012, 10:25 AM
There were a few years where they had no week off. SB XV was in that stretch. I think it was only about 4 or 5 years in the early '90s where there was only one week between the games. There were just too many problems and too many things for the teams to get done in one week.

But back then, it was still mostly about football. It's not anymore. It's a shame but that's the reality. The players are bombarded with interviews, ticket requests and distractions up the 69. Now it's more about the NFL Experience, the halftime show, the commercials, etc. It;s very hard to boil the game down to the 60 minutes that are played.

I don't think they'll ever try that experiment again.