PDA

View Full Version : Officially off the "Gronk is hurt" bandwagon

Pakman
01-29-2012, 12:05 PM
Just saw on ESPN that after his injury he was Jim
Ing up and down on it after they won the game.

He kept saying "I'm good" the whole time. I mean i don't care what he says, but put that together with his big *** jumping up and down.

He's not hurt that badly.

BlueSanta
01-29-2012, 12:09 PM
Since its the pats we cant expect a real answer to this question till the game has begun.

But, when it comes to sprained ankles, the most severe pain and swelling comes more then a day after the injury. I know guys who sprained their ankles playing BBall, finished the game and then woke up the next morning unable to walk without crutches for 4 weeks.

ny06
01-29-2012, 12:11 PM
Adrenaline can make severe pain seem nonexistent.</P>

I saw the play, he <U>has </U>to be hurt. </P>

</P>

BklynBlue
01-29-2012, 12:13 PM

He kept saying "I'm good" the whole time. I mean i don't care what he says, but put that together with his big *** jumping up and down.

He was probably shot up with pain killers and anti-inflamatories when he went into locker room. That being said, I also believe he will be good to go on Sunday!

GO BLUE!!!

Pakman
01-29-2012, 12:15 PM
Since its the pats we cant expect a real answer to this question till the game has begun.

But, when it comes to sprained ankles, the most severe pain and swelling comes more then a day after the injury. I know guys who sprained their ankles playing BBall, finished the game and then woke up the next morning unable to walk without crutches for 4 weeks.

Good point. I know when I sprained my ankle I couldn't jump on it like he did, but than again I didn't have a team of medical doctors immediately tape it up and give me some sort of pain killer.

GiantinCt
01-29-2012, 12:31 PM
I would expect him to play. It's the super bowl. If he doesn't, fine, if he does, hit him coming off the line EVERY time!

Mod_C
01-29-2012, 12:32 PM
Belichick would not be beyond holding him out of practice to make us think Gronk is less of a threat. If he suits up, he's a REAL threat.

Delicreep
01-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Belichick would not be beyond holding him out of practice to make us think Gronk is less of a threat.* If he suits up, he's a REAL threat.

Let's be honest: BB is not above having Gronk pronounced dead if he thought it would throw the other team off

BklynBlue
01-29-2012, 12:50 PM
Belichick would not be beyond holding him out of practice to make us think Gronk is less of a threat.* If he suits up, he's a REAL threat.

Let's be honest: BB is not above having Gronk pronounced dead if he thought it would throw the other team off

Ironically, it is being reported that Gronk will require surgery to repair the ligament damage after the season.

Mod_C
01-29-2012, 12:50 PM
Belichick would not be beyond holding him out of practice to make us think Gronk is less of a threat. If he suits up, he's a REAL threat.

LOL I agree but hope we could just fake an injury rather than snuff out his life

Denaliman316
01-29-2012, 12:52 PM
I sprained mine really bad on my morning run once and went to work all day. Later that night I couldn't walk. Ankle sprains are like that. His father said it and an ESPN doc said it. It's injured. If he's having surgery at the end of the season on it that to me means bad tearing or bone chips. With tearing when surgery is needed from what I have read its a high grade 2 or even 3.

Delicreep
01-29-2012, 12:54 PM

LOL* I agree but hope we could just fake an injury rather than snuff out his life

Don't rule out the possibility of BB killing a Gronk sized hobo as proof.

"Here's Gronks charred remains...no need to game plan for him or question my whereabouts"

Denaliman316
01-29-2012, 02:12 PM
Found this on the Pats Forum

Question: Will New England tight end Rob Gronkowski play? And, if so, how much will he be handicapped?

Answer: I wish I could tell you, but I can't. I consulted Dr. Steven Weinfeld, assistant professor of orthopedics at New York's Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, and he said he would be "pleasantly surprised" if Gronkowski plays. Basically, he didn't think there was much chance -- though he did say trainers could stabilize Gronkowski's high ankle sprain with tape and try to reduce the swelling and pain with an injection of an anti-inflammatory. Yeah, I know, Gronk returned after hurting himself last weekend and finished the game, but "often," Dr. Weinfeld said, "the maximum swelling or inflammation doesn't occur for 24 to 48 hours." Meaning? Meaning that Gronkowski's return Sunday was no indication of the severity of the injury. In fact, he might've risked more damage by getting back on the field, but, hey, that can happen when you're trying to win, right? Anyway, let me point out that Pittsburgh center Maurkice Pouncey suffered a high ankle sprain in last year's AFC Championship Game and didn't play in the Super Bowl. Last time I checked, making lateral movements while running wasn't as necessary for an offensive lineman as it was a tight end. If, however, Gronkowski, plays you can figure that his movement will be limited -- which means his effectiveness will be reduced considerably.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/17034334/ten-burning-questions-elipeyton-bradybelichick-legacy-coughlins-future:

For the last time, it's not faked. Doctors are involved. What's next people saying BB is paying doctors?

bflo23
01-29-2012, 02:13 PM

Don't players always say "I am good coach! Put me back in the game." even when they clearly hurt? Just because a player says he is good that doesn't mean you have to ignore that he did nothing when he came back, had to have an assistant help carry him to locker and doesn't miraculously heal a high ankle sprain.

Don't players also say they are fine when they get concussion just to get back in the game? Happens all the time. They want to play the game even when they are injured.

kbusch22
01-29-2012, 02:15 PM
The Giants are going to be prepared for a 100% Gronkowski whether he actually is 100% or not. If it ends up effecting his YAC then all the better.

Mohann
01-29-2012, 02:57 PM

Question: Will New England tight end Rob Gronkowski play? And, if so, how much will he be handicapped?

Answer: I wish I could tell you, but I can't. I consulted Dr. Steven Weinfeld, assistant professor of orthopedics at New York's Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, and he said he would be "pleasantly surprised" if Gronkowski plays. Basically, he didn't think there was much chance -- though he did say trainers could stabilize Gronkowski's high ankle sprain with tape and try to reduce the swelling and pain with an injection of an anti-inflammatory. Yeah, I know, Gronk returned after hurting himself last weekend and finished the game, but "often," Dr. Weinfeld said, "the maximum swelling or inflammation doesn't occur for 24 to 48 hours." Meaning? Meaning that Gronkowski's return Sunday was no indication of the severity of the injury. In fact, he might've risked more damage by getting back on the field, but, hey, that can happen when you're trying to win, right? Anyway, let me point out that Pittsburgh center Maurkice Pouncey suffered a high ankle sprain in last year's AFC Championship Game and didn't play in the Super Bowl. Last time I checked, making lateral movements while running wasn't as necessary for an offensive lineman as it was a tight end. If, however, Gronkowski, plays you can figure that his movement will be limited -- which means his effectiveness will be reduced considerably.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/17034334/ten-burning-questions-elipeyton-bradybelichick-legacy-coughlins-future:

For the last time, it's not faked. Doctors are involved. What's next people saying BB is paying doctors?

Maybe he's paying you to spread misinformation on BBI. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Firenugget
01-29-2012, 03:10 PM

Good point. I know when I sprained my ankle I couldn't jump on it like he did, but than again I didn't have a team of medical doctors immediately tape it up and give me some sort of pain killer.

I sprained my ankle once and didn't feel it at all until the next morning, I couldn't walk at all.

Not to mention he isn't practicing. You think they would sit him out before the biggest game he'll ever play to mess with our heads? lol I don't think so...Not to mention the Giants will prepare for him like he's gonna play regardless, so how would it benefit NE?

Sarcasman
01-29-2012, 04:22 PM

You keep saying that like it means something.

I've got a Dr that for enough money would say men can birth babies out of their asses.

What is your point exactly? Do you actually blindly believe anything a Dr says?

jjj45
01-29-2012, 04:27 PM

He's not hurt that badly.Well you better hop back on bub, cause he's definitely injured.

bflo23
01-29-2012, 04:31 PM
You keep saying that alike it means something.

I've got a Dr that for enough money would say men can birth babies out of their asses.

You keep on telling yourself about the "great ankle conspiracy". Everyone appears to be lying about the seriousness of high ankle sprains even though there is a long history of players who missed a long time and experience a lot of pain from them. Maybe Peterson and Big Ben faked it as well. Maybe Gronk has a rubber ankle and that it could bend in all sorts of directions and he faked the injury vs Ravens... just so he does this ploy for the SB.

And it doesn't take a Dr. or genius to realize that Gronk has a high ankle sprain just by looking at that nasty tackle.

bansaw
01-29-2012, 04:33 PM
2 needles, some spray and an oxycodone

good to go

Pakman
01-29-2012, 04:35 PM

Don't players always say "I am good coach! Put me back in the game." even when they clearly hurt? Just because a player says he is good that doesn't mean you have to ignore that he did nothing when he came back, had to have an assistant help carry him to locker and doesn't miraculously heal a high ankle sprain.

Don't players also say they are fine when they get concussion just to get back in the game? Happens all the time. They want to play the game even when they are injured.

Like I said idc what he says, but him saying that and see him jumping up and down made me think twice.

Sarcasman
01-29-2012, 04:39 PM
You keep saying that alike it means something.

You keep on telling yourself about the "great ankle conspiracy". Everyone appears to be lying about the seriousness of high ankle sprains even though there is a long history of players who missed a long time and experience a lot of pain from them. Maybe Peterson and Big Ben faked it as well. Maybe Gronk has a rubber ankle and that it could bend in all sorts of directions and he faked the injury vs Ravens... just so he does this ploy for the SB.

And it doesn't take a Dr. or genius to realize that Gronk has a high ankle sprain just by looking at that nasty tackle.

No.

The difference is that i know I don't know how bad or good his ankle is. You keep acting like you do.

Yet, neither of us has actually seen his ankle personally ourselves nor do either of us know any medical personnel who have actually personally examined him.

The only difference between our opinions is that while neither of us knows anything for a fact, you keep acting like you do.

Pierre-Paul
01-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Count me as one of the few Giant fans that hopes this guy is ok. I would like to go up against their team in the Superbowl- not some scaled-down version.
With or without him though, the Patriots will have a plan to attack our Defense. The D-line will be trying to wreck that plan. To me that is the key to the game.

bflo23
01-29-2012, 05:03 PM
No.

The difference is that i know I don't know how bad or good his ankle is. You keep acting like you do.

Yet, neither of us has actually seen his ankle personally ourselves nor do either of us know any medical personnel who have actually personally examined him.

The only difference between our opinions is that while neither of us knows anything for a fact, you keep acting like you do.

You may not know but I do know that he suffered a HIGH ANKLE SPRAIN. He didn't roll his ankle and get an inversion sprain. He didn't twist it the opposite way and got an eversion sprain. His foot spun to the side when Pollard fell on it and that could only create a high ankle sprain. And everybody knows that high ankle sprains don't heal quickly and are more painful. To believe that there is some sort of conspiracy that he paid a doctor on espn to say his sprain is serious or made Gronk's dad tell the media he suffered a high ankle sprain is silly. Shouldn't we listen to doctors who treat athletes with high ankle sprains? Can't we compare Gronk to the many other athletes who suffered high ankle sprains? It would only make sense.

The only question is how severe and whether the high ankle sprain is grade 1 (mild tear), grade 2 (partial tear) or grade 3 (complete tear of the ligament)..... A couple pills and a shot doesn't fix ligaments.

bflo23
01-29-2012, 05:08 PM
Count me as one of the few Giant fans that hopes this guy is ok. I would like to go up against their team in the Superbowl- not some scaled-down version.
With or without him though, the Patriots will have a plan to attack our Defense. The D-line will be trying to wreck that plan. To me that is the key to the game.

Whether he plays or don't, it really doesn't matter to me. Injuries are part of the game and true championship teams overcome them. Look at the Packers last season. Giants also had their own share of injuries throughout the season and still missing their best corner back.

Even though I think Gronk's injury is serious, I don't think the Giants will underestimate him. They will prepare for him as if he was 100%. And when he is in the game, I want the Giants to be extra physical with him.

P_Simms_#11
01-29-2012, 05:19 PM
All this media coverage reminds me of Super Bowl 44. The media talked ad nausem all week about Dwight Freeney's ankle.

BlueBlitzer
01-29-2012, 05:27 PM
NFLN just reported that He got on the plane with a walking boot with no plans to take it off. He has now been on it for a week. He's a decoy at best.

egyptian420
01-29-2012, 05:28 PM
I've never been on this bandwagon lol

Sarcasman
01-29-2012, 05:40 PM
No.

You may not know but I do know that he suffered a HIGH ANKLE SPRAIN. He didn't roll his ankle and get an inversion sprain. He didn't twist it the opposite way and got an eversion sprain. His foot spun to the side when Pollard fell on it and that could only create a high ankle sprain. And everybody knows that high ankle sprains don't heal quickly and are more painful. To believe that there is some sort of conspiracy that he paid a doctor on espn to say his sprain is serious or made Gronk's dad tell the media he suffered a high ankle sprain is silly. Shouldn't we listen to doctors who treat athletes with high ankle sprains? Can't we compare Gronk to the many other athletes who suffered high ankle sprains? It would only make sense.

The only question is how severe and whether the high ankle sprain is grade 1 (mild tear), grade 2 (partial tear) or grade 3 (complete tear of the ligament)..... A couple pills and a shot doesn't fix ligaments.

Again. A lot of words and a lot of speculation masquerading as fact.

Do we actually know if he has a high ankle sprain? I know for a a fact that I do not know whether he has one or not.

You don't know either except for your amazing ability to diagnose injuries through the TV screen.

I never said anyone paid anyone else to say those things. I said none of them knows since none of them have examined him. That's it.

They - much like you - are determined to insert themselves into a story about which they know very little.

Denaliman316
01-29-2012, 05:40 PM

Nothing other than passing on a link and yes I believe he's hurt. I saw the injury take place.

I am not saying he won't play I am just giving my opinion being it's a message board a place to do that. I said I thought he would definitely play earlier in the week but would just be a decoy. However after the ESPN doctor saying in his opinion it's a serious injury, knowing people and hearing peoples experiences and reading this I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't.

gmen0820
01-29-2012, 05:42 PM
I'll reserve judgement until the Patriots confirm it.

Sarcasman
01-29-2012, 05:51 PM

Nothing other than passing on a link and yes I believe he's hurt. I saw the injury take place.

I am not saying he won't play I am just giving my opinion being it's a message board a place to do that. I said I thought he would definitely play earlier in the week but would just be a decoy. However after the ESPN doctor saying in his opinion it's a serious injury, knowing people and hearing peoples experiences and reading this I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't.

That makes sense.

My point is that very few people know the actual story about the injury.

Most people know the wrong story because that's what is being out out given how big a part of the offense he is in NE and Belichick would cut his tongue out before ever telling the truth about the injury.

The largest group by far is the group of people who know absolutely nothing about it but claim they do.

bflo23
01-29-2012, 05:59 PM

Do we actually know if he has a high ankle sprain? I know for a a fact that I do not know whether he has one or not.

You don't know either except for your amazing ability to diagnose injuries through the TV screen.

I never said anyone paid anyone else to say those things. I said none of them knows since none of them have examined him. That's it.

They - much like you - are determined to insert themselves into a story about which they know very little.

As I said before, it doesn't take a genius, be a Dr or have amazing ability to diagnose injuries through the TV screen. I will take the word of Gronk's father (I don't believe in the conspiracy theory that Belichick told him to lie to media). And I will judge based on WATCHING the Pollard tackle and seeing his foot bend to the side. Did you even watch the tackle? Did he roll his ankle (inversion)? No. Did he roll it the opposite way (eversion)? No. Did his foot bend to the side as Pollard fell on it? Yes. Look at the link and see for yourself. A foot that twisted to side like that could only be a high ankle sprain. Belichick isn't making some conspiracy theory and telling Gronk's dad to "trick" the media and giants. It is laughable how you believe Gronk's dad is a liar and there is a conspiracy.

<font color="#0000FF" size="4">Difference in Ankle Sprains</font> (http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A0PDoS1sviVP2C8A4SaJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA3cn MybzJvBHNsawNpbWc-?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearc h%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dankle%2Bsprain%26fr%3Dchr-greentree_ff%26fr2%3Dpiv-web%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D55&amp;w=342&amp;h=504&amp;imgurl=w ww.rehabanklesprain.com%2FImagesrh%2Ftypes-ankle-sprain.jpg&amp;rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rehabanklesprain. com%2Fanklesprains.aspx&amp;size=45+KB&amp;name=Ankle+Spra ins+-+Grade+I%2C+II%2C+III%2C+etc.+The+Different+Types+ and+...&amp;p=ankle+sprain&amp;oid=1244f717a8ced2aca5a99c7 b7bd03d6c&amp;fr2=piv-web&amp;fr=chr-greentree_ff&amp;tt=Ankle%2BSprains%2B-%2BGrade%2BI%252C%2BII%252C%2BIII%252C%2Betc.%2BTh e%2BDifferent%2BTypes%2Band%2B...&amp;b=31&amp;ni=112&amp;no=5 5&amp;tab=organic&amp;ts=&amp;sigr=11hcnsd2c&amp;sigb=13dbnkqmk&amp;si gi=11ok4fibh&amp;.crumb=4DpUYHqRWjz)

bflo23
01-29-2012, 06:01 PM
I'll reserve judgement until the Patriots confirm it.

When does Bill Belichick ever confirm injuries? Never.

calzonesays
01-29-2012, 06:52 PM
NFL Network's Lindsay Soto spotted Rob Gronkowski (ankle, questionable)
"practically running" to the Patriots' team bus in Indianapolis Sunday.

not good

gmen0820
01-29-2012, 07:09 PM
2 needles, some spray and an oxycodone

good to go

Until it wears off at halftime.

JJC7301
01-30-2012, 12:37 AM
I'm not even thinking about it, but just expecting him to play like he's 100%.

pj18
01-30-2012, 01:37 AM
ESPN just showed highlights of their last game. He came back in the game, seemed fine, said he was fine, and was jumping up and down all over the field after they won. I think he's definitely gonna play.

HeGoesDeep
01-30-2012, 02:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPCDyHlZ_cQ

^and still 6+ days to heal. lol he is definitely playing.

barran21
01-30-2012, 04:36 AM
The Giants are preparing for a 100% Gronk, if they let their minds believe he's hurt then he's gonna burn them Sunday..

Sarcasman
02-04-2012, 04:36 PM

As I said before, it doesn't take a genius, be a Dr or have amazing ability to diagnose injuries through the TV screen. I will take the word of Gronk's father (I don't believe in the conspiracy theory that Belichick told him to lie to media). And I will judge based on WATCHING the Pollard tackle and seeing his foot bend to the side. Did you even watch the tackle? Did he roll his ankle (inversion)? No. Did he roll it the opposite way (eversion)? No. Did his foot bend to the side as Pollard fell on it? Yes. Look at the link and see for yourself. A foot that twisted to side like that could only be a high ankle sprain. Belichick isn't making some conspiracy theory and telling Gronk's dad to "trick" the media and giants. It is laughable how you believe Gronk's dad is a liar and there is a conspiracy.

<font color="#0000FF" size="4">Difference in Ankle Sprains</font> (http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A0PDoS1sviVP2C8A4SaJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA3cn MybzJvBHNsawNpbWc-?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearc h%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dankle%2Bsprain%26fr%3Dchr-greentree_ff%26fr2%3Dpiv-web%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D55&w=342&h=504&imgurl=www.rehabanklesprain.com%2FImagesrh%2Ftypes-ankle-sprain.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rehabanklesprain.com%2Fankle sprains.aspx&size=45+KB&name=Ankle+Sprains+-+Grade+I%2C+II%2C+III%2C+etc.+The+Different+Types+ and+...&p=ankle+sprain&oid=1244f717a8ced2aca5a99c7b7bd03d6c&fr2=piv-web&fr=chr-greentree_ff&tt=Ankle%2BSprains%2B-%2BGrade%2BI%252C%2BII%252C%2BIII%252C%2Betc.%2BTh e%2BDifferent%2BTypes%2Band%2B...&b=31&ni=112&no=55&tab=organic&ts=&sigr=11hcnsd2c&sigb=13dbnkqmk&sigi=11ok4fibh&.crumb=4DpUYHqRWjz)

Really? It's laughable that I have no issue stating that I have no idea what exactly Gronk's injury is and that I have no idea how serious it is?

It's laughable that you think you do.