PDA

View Full Version : Gronk update

giantcarll
01-29-2012, 12:32 PM
Dont know if this was said already but according to NFL network ,Gronkowski will have surgery on his ankle after season is over.Does this really mean anything as far as him as him playing (is ankle that bad)in the SB?

Voldamort
01-29-2012, 09:00 PM
He was walking fine after he got off the plane in INDY?

ebick
01-29-2012, 09:08 PM
It's the SuperBowl.....he's playing

giantcarll
01-29-2012, 09:19 PM
Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

miked1958
01-29-2012, 09:24 PM
He will play and be effective

miked1958
01-29-2012, 09:25 PM
We beat them with him at 100% in week 9.
I don't see what all the fuss is about

bflo23
01-29-2012, 09:26 PM
Dont know if this was said already but according to NFL network ,Gronkowski will have surgery on his ankle after season is over.Does this really mean anything as far as him as him playing (is ankle that bad)in the SB?

You are correct. If he needs surgery which I am reading from lots of sources, it is very serious and he probably tore the ligament (grade 3). Just because he walked from an airplane to bus in a boot, some people think he is ok.

The Patriots have to be very careful though. They are clearly rushing him back way too soon and he puts himself at risk of further injury and really messing up that ankle. If the Pats were smart, they would just use him as decoy and block. Shooting it up with a needle and popping pills doesn't do anything but numb the pain. There is a huge risk (further injury) in his career if Gronk is playing in the SB. Why run him down the field in 15 yard route if he is running at 25% and risk further injury?

BigBlue2010
01-29-2012, 09:37 PM

You are correct. If he needs surgery which I am reading from lots of sources, it is very serious and he probably tore the ligament (grade 3). Just because he walked from an airplane to bus in a boot, some people think he is ok.

The Patriots have to be very careful though. They are clearly rushing him back way too soon and he puts himself at risk of further injury and really messing up that ankle. If the Pats were smart, they would just use him as decoy and block. Shooting it up with a needle and popping pills doesn't do anything but numb the pain. There is a huge risk (further injury) in his career if Gronk is playing in the SB. Why run him down the field in 15 yard route if he is running at 25% and risk further injury?
</P>

Yeah, i'd expect them to save him for goal line situations. If i remember correctly they went to him 3 straight times to get that go ahead TD against us. </P>

Giants10Joe
01-29-2012, 09:40 PM

I agree. Remember when Brady had a boot before the last Super Bowl? That really slowed him down. Or when TO was hurt when the Eagles made it? Or when Plax didn't practice all year in 2007?

NYDestroyer
01-29-2012, 09:46 PM
I heard he came back to play in the same game after the injury. If that's the case I believe he will be ready to go.

Manning4MVP
01-29-2012, 09:52 PM
I heard he came back to play in the same game after the injury. If that's the case I believe he will be ready to go.

True.. but I was reading how an injury like his doesn't swell until atleast 24 hours after.

tikiandphil
01-29-2012, 10:07 PM
Gronk Schmonk ! We win !

Pakman
01-29-2012, 10:19 PM
He's playing guaranteed. He will probably play a big role in the game as well.

We won't know till Sunday

Roosevelt
01-29-2012, 10:25 PM

I wouldn't count on him for the entire game if I was the Pats.

JJC7301
01-29-2012, 10:34 PM
I just heard on the radio today (I had forgotten), but one of the injuries that Plax played with in SB 42 was a high ankle sprain. He only had 2 catches that game, but one was the game winning TD.

giantcarll
01-29-2012, 10:38 PM
We never heard of Plax wearing a boot of any sort before that SB.

JJC7301
01-29-2012, 10:43 PM
We never heard of Plax wearing a boot of any sort before that SB.
No, but he only had two catches the entire SB.

Point is, he was able to play but he was limited. I don't know if it was because of the injury or because the Pats paid a lot of attention to him, but the injury probably had something to do with it.

dinz
01-29-2012, 11:12 PM
thinking long term, i forget his agents name, , i would think he would be worrid money wise for both of them, eh?Im sure hes involved a bit in the status of his client :)

JMFP2
01-29-2012, 11:13 PM
Gronk will probably be shot up with the horse tranquilizer before the game.

BigBlue1971
01-29-2012, 11:25 PM

I wouldn't count on him for the entire game if I was the Pats.
</P>

</P>

i agree. i just dont think Gronk will be himself in the superbowl. i dont believe this is an injury where he can go all out and play and be effective.</P>

he might be used more as a decoy than being actually involved.</P>

</P>

BklynBlue
01-30-2012, 06:33 AM
Gronk will probably be shot up with the horse tranquilizer before the game.

I dont doubt it...have you seen the size of him!

rainierjef
01-30-2012, 09:06 AM
the ankle went in and out, with tears to his anterior TF ligament/ posterior TF/ and CF ligament which connect the tibia and fibula bone to his talus which is the major bone end in the foot. he cant cut or run at full speed, massive swelling, hematoma, extreme pain especially when dealing with tendons its like sharp shooting and constant.

they will have to tape it good, pain killing injection, and limited to no practice all week. he can play but will be a risk in blocking at the line and not really effective running good routes, making cuts, jumping is a no-no, cause of the impact of landing or possibly landing wrong.

nygsb42champs
01-30-2012, 09:08 AM
He will play but he won't be 100%.

WORLDCHAMPS
01-30-2012, 09:21 AM

i wouldnt say fine...looked like he was limping a little, considering the nature of his injury i dont expect him to be ANYWHERE NEAR the threat he would be healthy. YAC will be low.

NJ10
01-30-2012, 09:25 AM

Yeah but he had a walking boot on it. Him not at 100% will effect the pats big time, he is brady's go to guy. I dont root for guys to get hurt, but this is a big break for us.

Bluesmash
01-30-2012, 09:26 AM
Guessing it will be easier to cover him with a linebacker--someone of the size to more easily take him down.

miked1958
01-30-2012, 09:43 AM
He will play but he won't be 100%.</P>

You know for sure if it was just a regular season game with this type injury they would prob sit him for a couple of weeks. because its the biggest game of the year and the final one, you may as well see what you can get out of him seeing he has the whole offseason to repair and recover from it.</P>

If he becomes a liability to the Pats during the game then you can bet BB will rank him in a Hot second. </P>

dinz
01-30-2012, 11:54 AM
i still say he plays and has a effect, i know while the foot bent isnt normal, but this guy isnt normal either, hes a beast of a player... he will be out there..

RonJon
01-30-2012, 11:59 AM
He will be out there, if for no other reason than that will force the Giants to have to account for him, possibly freeing up someone else, like Kevin Faulk out of the backfield.

bflo23
01-30-2012, 01:54 PM
@rainierjef

Yea. You are 100% right. The guy could 100 shots and pop 100 pills and that would only numb his pain. It doesn't fix the tear in his ligament. A tear so bad that it needs surgery after the Super Bowl so that shows how serious the injury is.

MikeIsaGiant
01-30-2012, 02:35 PM
Hernandez is just as good IMO, don't see why they can't just save Gronk the trouble of playing, I know it's the SB and all