PDA

View Full Version : Want a good Laugh

IamGiantsfan
01-29-2012, 12:26 PM
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/890719-do-any-other-fans-feel-cheated-playoffs-giants-rematch.html

Silly patriots fan thinks we don't belong in the playoffs, though in defense of all the other patriot fans, they are defending us and calling him an idiot.

Small extract, read the whole thing on their board

'For the third time since 2007, 3 pretty average teams have found their way into the Super Bowl, with the Giants now twice and Arizona Cardinals a few years back. I don't have a problem with the Giants doing exactly what every other NFL team should be doing as a football team, which is fight tooth and nail to make their way into the Super Bowl when they get that opportunity. That part doesn't bother me and they should be commended for it

The part that does bother me about this whole deal is that this playoffs system cheats fans, football teams and other players out of seeing the best teams teams at the end and with a shot at the Super Bowl. This is a perfect example of where yes, the Giants were the better team on that day when they played the 49ers and Green Bay. Without a doubt. But there is no way both of those teams wouldn't beat the Giants 8 out of 10 times this year if they faced each other. In fact they both beat them earlier this year and so have the Saints. The Saints dominated the Giants. It wasn't even close. But they never got a chance to face each other in the playoffs
GB and the 49ers went 1-1 with the Giants counting the playoffs. But the Saints were 1-0, and decisively thrashed the Giants. But because the Giants wins came in the playoffs, they get to advance and the other teams get to go home.

Those teams don't get an opportunity to try again, and prove that they are in fact better. No 2 out of 3, their initial wins mean nothing. They don't get a second shot. All their hard work in the regular season is for nothing. It's like it almost makes you not wanna try to go 13-3 or 15-1 when you know that in the past 5 years 3 teams that made the super bowl were just average and one of them went on to win it.

There is no possible way, after watching the playoffs this year, that you can convince me that this Giants team is the best team in the NFC. It wouldn't have bothered me nearly as bad if it was the 13-3 Cowboys that beat the Patriots in 2007. But the truth is any team can beat another team on any given Sunday, and that's exactly what we saw in the 2007 Super Bowl as well as the Divisional rounds and Championship games between the Giants and the 49ers and GB. That doesn't mean however that any team should get that chance. .'

Cio7760
01-29-2012, 07:16 PM
I have to laugh when I read stuff like this. People complain that if a 15-1 team is not in the playoffs, or an 18-0 team doesn't win it all, then it's not a legit playoff. That is ignorance at its best. If the so-called 15-1 team claims itself to be the best in that season, then finish the deal. Some fans forget that the regular season record determine a team's right to make the playoffs. Once they're in the playoffs it's a new season. Football is about execution and who gets it done.

Firenugget
01-29-2012, 08:05 PM
http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2462406.aspx

I'm confused.

MikeIsaGiant
01-29-2012, 08:06 PM
Football would be so boring if we followed this guy's dream.

People are crazy, people want to see a 9-7 team have a chance to make the SB and try to win it.

ghwriter1976
01-29-2012, 08:33 PM
So what exactly does this guy suggest the NFL do about such a "problem?" Spot the team with the better record 10 points at the start of the game? Make it so that the team with the worst record can't wear their pads to the game?

This is almost as funny as the Boston Herald article about the Red Sox' 2004 season being a tragedy because it "took away their identity," but it's just as ridiculous.

gmen46
01-29-2012, 08:52 PM
If that guy is upset now, imagine how he'll feel when the Giants become the first team in the history of the NFL to win the Super Bowl after a 9-7 regular season.

The dude obviously has never heard the expression "it's not how you start, but how you finish that's significant".

Drez
01-29-2012, 09:49 PM
All I read here was, "My vag is bleeding."

swimeasy
01-29-2012, 09:51 PM
If that guy is upset now, imagine how he'll feel when the Giants become the first team in the history of the NFL to win the Super Bowl after a 9-7 regular season.

The dude obviously has never heard the expression "it's not how you start, but how you finish that's significant".

Other Pats fans have tried to help him see that point as well as addressing many other illogical statements he has put forth. He keeps recycling his skewed rationalizations, however incorrect, which has led me to conclude there is some real pathology there as in a Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Other posters (including Giants fans) should stop engaging him by not responding to his posts. That is exactly what he wants and needs. This is beyond not feeding a troll, this guy is off the rails.

leetchy2
01-29-2012, 10:15 PM
The problem with the article is that strength of schedule was not taken into consideration. It's all to easy to conclude that a 9 and 7 team is "average" and not deserving. However, the G-men's schedule was brutal, and they were the only team that had to play the Patriots, Packers, Saints and 49'ers in the regular season.

In contrast, the Patriots only had to play two teams with a winning record. One was the Giants in which the Pats lost and the other was the Steelers in which the Pats were clobbered.

So if the two teams played more average strength schedules maybe both teams end up 11 and 5 and the point would not have been raised.

WR4Life
01-29-2012, 10:21 PM

LOL! Got em!

lnp12
01-29-2012, 11:29 PM
The problem with the article is that strength of schedule was not taken into consideration. It's all to easy to conclude that a 9 and 7 team is "average" and not deserving. However, the G-men's schedule was brutal, and they were the only team that had to play the Patriots, Packers, Saints and 49'ers in the regular season.

In contrast, the Patriots only had to play two teams with a winning record. One was the Giants in which the Pats lost and the other was the Steelers in which the Pats were clobbered.

So if the two teams played more average strength schedules maybe both teams end up 11 and 5 and the point would not have been raised.

+1

The whole time I was reading this I just kept thinking..."you JUST beat your first team with a winning record, AND by your logic you should just hand us the lombardi trophy since we already beat you! kthanks! woo-hoo, we're super bowl champions!"

GMen869007
01-30-2012, 01:41 AM
Yeah, a 9-7 team doesn't belong in the big game with a 13-3 team........ha, and yet look at the difference in the schedules! The Patriots didn't beat a single team that finished above .500 in the regular season, and their last loss was against that lousy 9-7 team at home.

King Sully
01-30-2012, 01:45 AM

win.