PDA

View Full Version : Want a good Laugh

IamGiantsfan
01-29-2012, 12:26 PM
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/890719-do-any-other-fans-feel-cheated-playoffs-giants-rematch.html

Silly patriots fan thinks we don't belong in the playoffs, though in defense of all the other patriot fans, they are defending us and calling him an idiot.

Small extract, read the whole thing on their board

'For the third time since 2007, 3 pretty average teams have found their way into the Super Bowl, with the Giants now twice and Arizona Cardinals a few years back. I don't have a problem with the Giants doing exactly what every other NFL team should be doing as a football team, which is fight tooth and nail to make their way into the Super Bowl when they get that opportunity. That part doesn't bother me and they should be commended for it

The part that does bother me about this whole deal is that this playoffs system cheats fans, football teams and other players out of seeing the best teams teams at the end and with a shot at the Super Bowl. This is a perfect example of where yes, the Giants were the better team on that day when they played the 49ers and Green Bay. Without a doubt. But there is no way both of those teams wouldn't beat the Giants 8 out of 10 times this year if they faced each other. In fact they both beat them earlier this year and so have the Saints. The Saints dominated the Giants. It wasn't even close. But they never got a chance to face each other in the playoffs
GB and the 49ers went 1-1 with the Giants counting the playoffs. But the Saints were 1-0, and decisively thrashed the Giants. But because the Giants wins came in the playoffs, they get to advance and the other teams get to go home.

Those teams don't get an opportunity to try again, and prove that they are in fact better. No 2 out of 3, their initial wins mean nothing. They don't get a second shot. All their hard work in the regular season is for nothing. It's like it almost makes you not wanna try to go 13-3 or 15-1 when you know that in the past 5 years 3 teams that made the super bowl were just average and one of them went on to win it.

There is no possible way, after watching the playoffs this year, that you can convince me that this Giants team is the best team in the NFC. It wouldn't have bothered me nearly as bad if it was the 13-3 Cowboys that beat the Patriots in 2007. But the truth is any team can beat another team on any given Sunday, and that's exactly what we saw in the 2007 Super Bowl as well as the Divisional rounds and Championship games between the Giants and the 49ers and GB. That doesn't mean however that any team should get that chance. .'

Rudyy
01-29-2012, 12:36 PM
In other words, he is scared.

Voldamort
01-29-2012, 12:37 PM
Just win the game Giants,this is not the best of five or seven? One and done!!! Bring it home GMEN!

GmenFan1980
01-29-2012, 12:51 PM
http://oi53.tinypic.com/hvwe28.jpg
perfect gif for that OP :)

coachjdc
01-29-2012, 12:56 PM
By that reasoning, the Patriots don't belong there either because we beat them. Or better yet, just give the Giants the trophy because we already beat them.

stormblue
01-29-2012, 01:01 PM
In other words, he is scared.

+1 ...LOL really, he wrote a whole freakin' book just to say
" i'm skeered ! "

what a maroon.

swimeasy
01-29-2012, 01:21 PM
Someone needs to move this thread to smack talk, pronto. Been following this. His original premise of a different playoff format changing the exciting one and done format so appealing to NFL fans was interesting at the outset, but failed miserably when put to the test of justification and application to NFL teams. Even other Pats fans have called him a troll in their own forum and have defended Giants' right to be in the playoffs. He erroneously manipulates stats, ignores the rules of the NFL as to how the game and "best" is defined, ignores thoughtful logical rebuttals offered by other Pats fans and rambles on and on with self-contradictory statements. He is his own greatest fan.

jjj45
01-29-2012, 01:21 PM
I've been reading their boards and the minute I saw that thread I knew it was buy "PatriotsSeven". Lol that guy is such a clueless yahoo. Basically every ridiculous thread on there is by him.

Firenugget
01-29-2012, 01:37 PM
lol that guy is just plain dumb. I read through about 12 pages, it boiled down to he's unhappy that the mighty Pats have to face "another mediocre Giants team".

The dude is completely cracked. Someone should tell him that they lost in 07.

Giantsfan62
01-29-2012, 01:51 PM
This isn`t fricken baseball where the teams get all kinds of chances,playing over and over again.

This is Pro Football.

Giants don`t deserve a chance ??

Give

me

a

break .......

You do it on the appointed day or you go the hell home.

Firenugget
01-29-2012, 02:08 PM
He's also claiming the Pats offense is as good as the Saints LOL...I can't read it anymore.

miked1958
01-29-2012, 03:03 PM
Actually according to the way he described it then the team he praised several times in his rant ( the GB Packers ) should also be on his list with the giants and cards. They fought tooth and nail last season just to make playoffs and had to go on road through playoffs to get to SB. Also according to him last yrs #1 seed falcons should get a free pass cause they were 13-3 and got knocked out in first round by a hotter team. I guess the falcons could beat GB 8/10 to.. Lol....
Dude needs to wake up. The playoff system as it is laid out now is what makes it so great. If those #1 and #2 seeds are so good they should have no trouble advancing. All they have to do is win one game to face each other. But underdogs rise up which makes it awesome

M0rbid
01-29-2012, 03:57 PM
Someone should remind him about the Tuck call. The Raiders deserved to be in the SB. That is how their dynasty started LOL.

yoeddy
01-29-2012, 04:16 PM
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/890719-do-any-other-fans-feel-cheated-playoffs-giants-rematch.html

Silly patriots fan thinks we don't belong in the playoffs, though in defense of all the other patriot fans, they are defending us and calling him an idiot.

'For the third time since 2007, 3 pretty average teams have found their way into the Super Bowl, with the Giants now twice and Arizona Cardinals a few years back. I don't have a problem with the Giants doing exactly what every other NFL team should be doing as a football team, which is fight tooth and nail to make their way into the Super Bowl when they get that opportunity. That part doesn't bother me and they should be commended for it

The part that does bother me about this whole deal is that this playoffs system cheats fans, football teams and other players out of seeing the best teams teams at the end and with a shot at the Super Bowl. This is a perfect example of where yes, the Giants were the better team on that day when they played the 49ers and Green Bay. Without a doubt. But there is no way both of those teams wouldn't beat the Giants 8 out of 10 times this year if they faced each other. In fact they both beat them earlier this year and so have the Saints. The Saints dominated the Giants. It wasn't even close. But they never got a chance to face each other in the playoffs
GB and the 49ers went 1-1 with the Giants counting the playoffs. But the Saints were 1-0, and decisively thrashed the Giants. But because the Giants wins came in the playoffs, they get to advance and the other teams get to go home.

Those teams don't get an opportunity to try again, and prove that they are in fact better. No 2 out of 3, their initial wins mean nothing. They don't get a second shot. All their hard work in the regular season is for nothing. It's like it almost makes you not wanna try to go 13-3 or 15-1 when you know that in the past 5 years 3 teams that made the super bowl were just average and one of them went on to win it.

There is no possible way, after watching the playoffs this year, that you can convince me that this Giants team is the best team in the NFC. It wouldn't have bothered me nearly as bad if it was the 13-3 Cowboys that beat the Patriots in 2007. But the truth is any team can beat another team on any given Sunday, and that's exactly what we saw in the 2007 Super Bowl as well as the Divisional rounds and Championship games between the Giants and the 49ers and GB. That doesn't mean however that any team should get that chance. .'

Wonder if he felt the same way in 2001...?

BigBlueFanNJ
01-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Just setting up the excuses for Monday! the best team lost to the hottest team routine!!!

can you say SCARED!!!!

calzonesays
01-30-2012, 02:33 AM

http://rgifs.gifbin.com/1232739683_d5c8f3b.gif

slipknottin
01-30-2012, 02:38 AM
http://oi53.tinypic.com/hvwe28.jpg
perfect gif for that OP :)

ROFL