PDA

View Full Version : More on High Ankle Sprains

RedskinHater
01-29-2012, 06:00 PM
Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13250/maurkice-pouncey)
missed last year's Super Bowl after suffering a high ankle sprain in
the AFC Championship Game. Two years ago, Colts defensive end Dwight Freeney (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/3539/dwight-freeney)
had an ankle injury and started the Super Bowl but was unable to
maintain his effectiveness in the second half. The odds are good that
Gronkowski will find a way to suit up and play in the game, but the
question is how much the ankle will limit him. ( From ESPN )<a href="http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8447/david-baas">
</a>

bflo23
01-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Adrian Peterson missed an entire month because high ankle sprain. And we saw Big Ben be completely immobilized when he got his high ankle sprain this season.

BigBlue1971
01-29-2012, 06:09 PM
i firmly believe this guy Bronkowski is hurt with this injury. i expect him to play becuz this is the sb.</P>

i do not believe he will have that much of an impact becuz of the injury. i dont care how much they shoot him up that stuff will quickly wear off becuz of the physicality and pressures of the game.</P>

</P>

</P>

buffyblue
01-29-2012, 06:16 PM
I think that New England Patriots are making the injury out to be a lot worse than it is. It is Bill Belliechek trying to play his mind games. NY Giants need to prepare for Rob Gronkowski as if he is playing at full strength.

I bELIeve.

bLuereverie
01-29-2012, 06:27 PM
They'll go about things as if Gronkowski is 200%. If he isn't, then they have lost nothing in preparation. Better than the opposite scenario.

derekunion28
01-29-2012, 06:28 PM
I think that New England Patriots are making the injury out to be a lot worse than it is. It is Bill Belliechek trying to play his mind games. NY Giants need to prepare for Rob Gronkowski as if he is playing at full strength.

I bELIeve. agree

calzonesays
01-29-2012, 06:49 PM
NFL Network's Lindsay Soto spotted Rob Gronkowski (ankle, questionable)
"practically running" to the Patriots' team bus in Indianapolis Sunday.

He's gonna be near 100%. Another week of treatment to heal + the ankle will definitely be shot up b4 the game.

bflo23
01-29-2012, 06:54 PM

He's gonna be near 100%. Another week of treatment to heal + the ankle will definitely be shot up b4 the game.

Running in a boot? Cmon.

I read it.... He is just doing it as a front. "Hey guys. Look at me. "Practically run to the bus. I am ok"

calzonesays
01-29-2012, 06:57 PM

Running in a boot? Cmon.

Show me the link where it says he is running with a boot. Nice try.

Nice try? I'm a Giants fan..I want him to be hurt.

https://twitter.com/#!/lindsaysoto/statuses/163747521603190786

bflo23
01-29-2012, 06:59 PM
The rest of her tweet.

"As if he knew we'd be watching his ankle and wanted to send us a message. Or something"

Smells like a front. Why is anyone practically running to the bus? And when he got into the bus after "practically running", he cringed in pain.

Denaliman316
01-29-2012, 07:10 PM
Eh if Schefter said that I would believe it. I never even heard of her.

A Dr then followed up with "I don't think I believe you, a high ankle sprain is pretty bad."

She said "Hey I am good at gauging speed."

EDIT: I saw the vid on nfl.com and he was walking at a normal pace with a significant limp with the boot on. It seemed to get worse as he got on the bus. Like they announcers said, let's see what happens when the boot is off.

bflo23
01-29-2012, 07:22 PM
If Belichick told Gronk's dad to lie and tell the media "Gronk has a high ankle sprain" to fool the Giants. Then why would Gronk try to run to bus. It doesn't make sense.

Gronk's dad messed up and broke Belichick's #1 rule when he revealed the high ankle sprain. Now, Gronk wants to cover for his dad and show he is "ok". "Hey everybody. Look at me practically run to my bus."

*In the bus, he is cringing in pain.

miked1958
01-29-2012, 07:26 PM

I bELIeve.
I hope he does play at 100%. Don't want any excuses....
Was he not at 100% when we beat them in Week 9?
I think this is being overblown

bflo23
01-29-2012, 07:33 PM
I just watched the video of the plane arrival and their walk to the bus.

He had the boot on. He had a little gimp but he was trying to walk a little quicker for the cameras. He was definitely not running or "practically running." He looks better than he did when he was getting help carried off the field.

We need to see practice footage of him running routes. When I see him running routes in practice, then I will believe he is more effective.

Voldamort
01-29-2012, 07:33 PM
Gonk will not be the same,focus on the gameplan Giants stop Welker,Hernandez and Woodhead out in the flat! Hit Brady,hit Brady,Hit Brady!

GiantsYanks
01-29-2012, 07:36 PM

I bELIeve.
I hope he does play at 100%. Don't want any excuses....
Was he not at 100% when we beat them in Week 9?
I think this is being overblown

Like I said in another thread.. I hope he doesnt play and if he does hope he hurt.. I could care less about excuses. I just want to the Giants to bring home the Lombardi. No matter what happens the excuses will be there..

beat ATL- Ryan can't play outdoors
beat GB- Rodgers was off and GB receivers dropped balls
beat SF- K Williams gave us the game

No matter happens we never get credit so who cares at this point.. I hope Brady gets sick and Hoyer has to start.

bflo23
01-29-2012, 07:40 PM
On the NFL Network, Marshall Faulk said "It is possible to play in 2 weeks with agressive treatment but the problem is in the 1st half, it feels somewhat fine and in the 2nd half, it will stiffen up. Every step feels like it is broken."..... He believes he could block but running down the field will be too tough. I will take the word of Faulk who has experienced high ankle sprain.

heavyhitter
01-29-2012, 07:40 PM
<font size="2">Reporter: Do you have any doubt Rob Gronkowski will be ready for the game?</font></p>

<font size="2">Brady: I have no idea. I'm not sure. I think everyone deals with
bumps and bruises this time of year. It's the Super Bowl so we're all
trying to get out there and be healthy. It would suck to miss this game.
You put all the work in over the course of the entire year and to have
the opportunity to play in this game, you know everyone is going to be
doing everything they can to be out there.</font></p>

<font size="2">Reporter: How would you describe the progress of Rob Gronkowski?</font></p>

<font size="2">Belichick: Good, good.</font></p>

<font size="2"> Reporter: If Rob Gronkowski doesn't practice but does play in the
game, how much does that affect what you're able to do on the practice
field, or do you just rely on the previous 105 practices? I think he was
out there for pretty much all of them.</font></p>

<font size="2">Belichick: Right, yeah I think he was, yeah. We'll just have to see,
you know. Today, he's not going to practice today, so we'll take it
day-by-day. I'm not going to try to forecast where things will be 10
days from now. We'll just take it day-by-day.
</font></p>

<font size="2">Link: http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/massarotti/2012/01/a_lot_to_consider_for_rob_gron.html
</font></p>

gmen0820
01-29-2012, 07:46 PM
On the NFL Network, Marshall Faulk said "It is possible to play in 2 weeks with agressive treatment but the problem is in the 1st half, it feels somewhat fine and in the 2nd half, it will stiffen up. Every step feels like it is broken."..... He believes he could block but running down the field will be too tough. I will take the word of Faulk who has experienced high ankle sprain.
Don't forget the longer second half because of the halftime show.