PDA

View Full Version : Do fans ever go out on top?

GiantLife615
01-29-2012, 07:50 PM
Some players are lucky to win the super bowl and then retire, going out on top. Do fans ever do that? Like if the Giants win Sunday, will anyone just say thats enough for me? Maybe a stupid question, but hey, all i have is time to think with this bye week.

FBomb
01-29-2012, 07:53 PM
I was so emotionally drained after the last win that the it took til the start of the next regular season to get into it.

miked1958
01-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Some players are lucky to win the super bowl and then retire, going out on top. Do fans ever do that? Like if the Giants win Sunday, will anyone just say thats enough for me? Maybe a stupid question, but hey, all i have is time to think with this bye week.

I guess the only way a Gmen fan goes out on top is to live to a ripe old age of like 90 or so, watch the Giants win the SB and then Pass away in their sleep with a smile on their face. Lol

ru_gmen55
01-29-2012, 07:55 PM
If you are able to just cash it in, I would say you were probably never that big of a fan anyway...haha. My grandfather's in his mid-80's and still watches every single game...and still takes losses as hard as the rest of us. You can't take the "fan" out of a diehard.

gmen0820
01-29-2012, 08:00 PM
I love free agency and the draft so as soon as the season is over, a whole other game is beginning.

Pakman
01-29-2012, 08:05 PM
I love free agency and the draft so as soon as the season is over, a whole other game is beginning.

Same here...I can't wait till the whole FA & scouting process begins. Too bad after the draft everything just dies for a while

NJGIANTinNC
01-29-2012, 08:17 PM
My Uncle passed away of a heart attack last year 2 weeks after the Redskins beat the Giants the first time. I know he still had a smerk look on his face. RIP jerk.

Voldamort
01-29-2012, 08:28 PM
Never unless you kick the bucket!!

WR4Life
01-29-2012, 08:44 PM
Well if the world is going to end next December, then we certainly have a chance to go out on top don't we?

NYG4ME
01-29-2012, 09:00 PM
Well if the world is going to end next December, then we certainly have a chance to go out on top don't we?

Makes a very valid point..

blueomaha
01-29-2012, 09:04 PM
man, is this going to be the longest off-season ever...nothing left but the nfl draft and b ball....

gmen0820
01-29-2012, 09:05 PM

Same here...I can't wait till the whole FA & scouting process begins. Too bad after the draft everything just dies for a whileYeah that's the worst. I am really not as big a fan of OTAs. TC is when it starts up for me again.

Pakman
01-30-2012, 12:57 AM

If we win the superbowl this is going to be exactly what I write on FB/twitter anywhere an Eagles fan can read it lol.
I have been planning this for months and all I need is for the Giants to win for me to to complete my mission.

SanDiablo
01-30-2012, 02:47 AM
If any Giants fan were to 'go out on top', they would've done so after XLII. I told myself I didn't even need another great sports moment after that for as long as I lived...but hot damn, this current run has been fun. No one ever gets tired of a team you love.

calzonesays
01-30-2012, 03:07 AM
Why "go out on top?" thats kinda bandwagonish

Part of being a fan is being there for both the good times and the bad. Wouldn't want to bail right after the good because I don't want to see the bad. You gotta take them both, it makes the good moments even better.

touchdown44
01-30-2012, 03:15 AM
ha, look at strahan. he "went out on top" and still screams at the tv and jumps around like a little kid every sunday like all of us regular fans. big blue for life