PDA

View Full Version : As if the PRO BOWL couldn't get any worse!

DragonSoul
01-29-2012, 08:42 PM
Why are they even playing this ****? Now I remember why I would never watch this crap. All it is, is players going at quarter speed.

Did you see Wallace catch and just fall on his butt, not once but twice out of 2 catches? Or how Lady Gaga I mean McCoy, just walked to the line when handed the ball. Very Sad. They are even booing inside the stadium.

And then we hear how they need to be paid more so they have incentive to play. Wow so the Multi-millions they make to date is not enough to come out and put up a show for your FANS?

PIERCEnumber58rules
01-29-2012, 08:45 PM
The line play is head shaking. I understand nobody wants to get hurt, and it's an exhibition game. But they aren't even competing on the line. D-line isn't even trying to rush. This is some bad football. Why not make it 7 on 7?

M0rbid
01-29-2012, 08:46 PM
This is the NFL that Roger Goodell envisions.

DragonSoul
01-29-2012, 08:47 PM
This is the NFL that Roger Goodell envisions.yea, hate to say it, but it seems that way.

They need to clean up their rules, and fix it.

blueomaha
01-29-2012, 08:49 PM
This is the NFL that Roger Goodell envisions.touch football pro style......

GmenFan1980
01-29-2012, 08:50 PM
3 straight years david akers has successfully made an onside kick :/. jeesus

Sundown
01-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Love the that the fans are booing this mess!!!!

MikeIsaGiant

Fake fans like this way, it's so cool to see them score like 100 pnts a game

MikeIsaGiant

MikeIsaGiant
01-29-2012, 08:52 PM

DragonSoul
Love the that the fans are booing this mess!!!!and mess is putting it nicely

GMenNY21
This is awful.

PIERCEnumber58rules
01-29-2012, 08:53 PM
LOL at the laterals!

Sundown
01-29-2012, 08:56 PM

HA! Gonna find something else to watch not wasting time on this! Peace out fellas

PIERCEnumber58rules
01-29-2012, 08:56 PM
There would be a way to make the game more interesting. Throw in some retired players like Simms and LT. They could play at the same level and intensity these guys are playing at. If its all for fun, let's do something to make it more fun for the fans to watch.

DragonSoul
01-29-2012, 08:59 PM

HA! Gonna find something else to watch not wasting time on this! Peace out fellasbeen trying to do that for a little while now.

stormblue
01-29-2012, 10:07 PM
what i can't believe is that any of you are watching it.

slap yourselves .

miked1958
01-29-2012, 10:23 PM
Cam was being praised when he came in. Overthrows on first down by 20 plus yards.

Then overthrows again and throws a Pick. Bad

DragonSoul
01-29-2012, 10:27 PM
There would be a way to make the game more interesting. Throw in some retired players like Simms and LT. They could play at the same level and intensity these guys are playing at. If its all for fun, let's do something to make it more fun for the fans to watch.You know LT would freaking blitz every play to try and hit the QB.

They be, LT you cannot blitz? What, ok. Next play he rushes the QB and gets the sack. Then they say you cannot blitz, and LT well I think you need to add it to the game since we just got a sack.

gumby742
01-30-2012, 11:09 AM
Haha. To be fair, if i were in their shoes, I wouldn't play very hard either.

G-Man67
01-30-2012, 11:28 AM
yeah, maybe we need to put fringe NFL players out there ... players that will look at the game as an audition ... of course ... who is going to pay to fly practice squad guys and recently cut players to Hawaii :)

or maybe you do a skills competition, followed by a 7 on 7 flag football tourney ... create like 6 teams ... team Brees team Rodgers, team Cam (wow, he was horrible) and do a round robin !

if you put a nice chunk of change out there ... for just the 14 guys that win ... that could be incentive for some intense flag football :)

CTLadyBlue
01-30-2012, 11:50 AM

Well, any game where you're not smothering receivers or charging the QB you're gonna score a lot of points. I watched periodically, but to me it seemed nothing more than a d**k swinging contest

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
01-30-2012, 12:10 PM
I would prefer to just have some skills challenges...no game.

sg92
01-30-2012, 12:21 PM
Agree. The NFL is too physical a game for the players to put themselves at risk for a meaningless exhibition. To a lesser degree, the NHL has the same problem.

I don't blame the players that the game blows -- the problem is you idiots who actually watched some of it, thus encouraging sponsors and the NFL to keep it up!

A skills competition is the right answer.

kodijake
01-30-2012, 12:25 PM
I used to watch the Probowl every year, just because I knew it would be the last time anyrealfootball would be seen anywhere, until training camp6 months later.And even though it was lousy, mostly unwatchable football, it helped me ween off football for that long stretch. It was kind of like my last fix of football before the drought. But now that it's on before the Superbowl, I lost my only reason to watch.

Kruunch
01-30-2012, 12:27 PM
Why are they even playing this ****? Now I remember why I would never watch this crap. All it is, is players going at quarter speed.

Did you see Wallace catch and just fall on his butt, not once but twice out of 2 catches? Or how Lady Gaga I mean McCoy, just walked to the line when handed the ball. Very Sad. They are even booing inside the stadium.

And then we hear how they need to be paid more so they have incentive to play. Wow so the Multi-millions they make to date is not enough to come out and put up a show for your FANS?

The Pro Bowl should just be an induction ceremony and some exhibitions such as the QB Context, 40 yard dash, etc ...

The game itself has been a joke for quite awhile ... moreso since they moved it ahead of the Super Bowl.

Tony Bruno
01-30-2012, 02:43 PM
I never really hated on the Pro Bowl but Ill have to agree that its basically useless game... Maybe not to the younger guys that made it for the first time but all in all its a worthless game...

burier
01-30-2012, 02:47 PM
Seriously guys. Everyone stopped watching the Pro Bowl about 20 years ago so catch up.

I did actually watch a small bit of it, vomited on myself and then changed the chanel to Mob wives.

(true story)

rebelfan1966
01-30-2012, 05:15 PM
Chris Carter was making fun of the pro-bowl this morning on ESPN. I have to agree, it has detioratedintoa half speed exhibition game at best. Not worth watching.....

G-Man67
01-30-2012, 05:19 PM
Seriously guys. Everyone stopped watching the Pro Bowl about 20 years ago so catch up.

I did actually watch a small bit of it, vomited on myself and then changed the chanel to Mob wives.

(true story)

ha, i put it on to hear them talk about the Super Bowl and how great we are playing ... once they got past that, i lost interest in whatever it was that was happening on the field

burier
01-30-2012, 05:26 PM

(true story)

ha, i put it on to hear them talk about the Super Bowl and how great we are playing ... once they got past that, i lost interest in whatever it was that was happening on the field

I was seriously shocked because I hadn't watched it in years. I meant to watch it in 08 when Eli was there but I forgot.

I understand guys not wanting to get hurt but people did pay to see a game. So I find lack of effort offensive.

Whatever happened to the QB challenge and all of that? They should do that instead of having an actual game.

The plays I saw weren't even half speed. It looked like when those 45 year old + analyst go out on the peice of floor made to look like a football field and they demonstrate a teqnique. We're talking almost walking on the D-line.

When the line just stood up and put their hands in the air on an extra point it was more than I could take.