PDA

View Full Version : How did Philip Rivers make the Pro Bowl roster?

dan1552
01-29-2012, 09:18 PM
The reason Im gonna ask this is cause Im gonna have to hear by the talkin heads all summer how hes a multiple pro bowler, while they giggle like school girls over Elis potential

Rudyy
01-29-2012, 09:20 PM
Perhaps the AFC is lacking in quality quarterbacks.

bLuereverie
01-29-2012, 09:23 PM
Rivers can make all the probowls he wants as long as Eli makes the others the following week.

Giants10Joe
01-29-2012, 09:27 PM
Because Peyton is hurt, Brady is in the Super Bowl, Rodgers and Brees are in the NFC, and Eli is in both the NFC and the Super Bowl. There's really no one else the AFC can have in the Pro Bowl except Roethlisberger. He's in by process of elimination.

gmen0820
01-29-2012, 09:27 PM
He had 4500+ yards and nearly 30 TDs and a good reputation.

GmenFan1980
01-29-2012, 09:30 PM
He had 4500+ yards and nearly 30 TDs.

he had a career worst 20 interceptions this year as well, they should get Andrew luck /red

lol

gmen0820
01-29-2012, 09:32 PM

he had a career worst 20 interceptions this year as well, they should get Andrew luck /red

lolSome of them were tipped passes or not his fault though!

Voldamort
01-29-2012, 09:38 PM
Who are going to pick Sanchez???

NYfanatic
01-29-2012, 10:22 PM
If you would see that guys like Rivers, Dalton, Newton dont deserve to be in the probowl.
a qb rating of less then 83.

PrideofNY
01-29-2012, 10:27 PM
When Roethlisberger is the starter for the Pro Bowl, you know that the AFC has crappy quarterbacks. I feel like Brady is the only one in the AFC who is Pro Bowl caliber.

NYfanatic
01-29-2012, 10:32 PM
When Roethlisberger is the starter for the Pro Bowl, you know that the AFC has crappy quarterbacks. I feel like Brady is the only one in the AFC who is Pro Bowl caliber.

Peyton Manning is usually the other guy.

CharlieC42
01-29-2012, 10:33 PM
how did cam newton make it over matthew stafford to replace eli?

NYfanatic
01-29-2012, 10:35 PM
He is the anti-Tebow.
Or the fact everyone has a hard on for him for some reason.

bflo23
01-29-2012, 10:36 PM
How bad are the AFC QBs? The NFC has 6 QBs that have better QB rating than starting pro bowler Big Ben.

dan1552
01-29-2012, 10:51 PM

Newton is garbage, 2 picks and a near sack. He just runs like the GOONE he is.

gumby742
01-29-2012, 11:29 PM

lol. he also had WRs that ran wrong routes and had to deal with injuries. His offensive coordinator isn't doing him any favors with his play calling. In a different system Rivers would be better then Peyton.

GmenFan1980
01-29-2012, 11:36 PM

lol. he also had WRs that ran wrong routes and had to deal with injuries. His offensive coordinator isn't doing him any favors with his play calling. In a different system Rivers would be better then Peyton.

It's all Vincent Jacksons fault :P lol

VegasGmen
01-29-2012, 11:37 PM
Newton sucks blew the game for the NFC.

Beelzeboss
01-29-2012, 11:43 PM

Eli proved this year that you are both complete fools. Although it was already very obvious.

gmen0820
01-29-2012, 11:49 PM

Eli proved this year that you are both complete fools. Although it was already very obvious.
Because I said he was overpaid, Eli proved me a fool. Lol okay.

giantsfan420
01-30-2012, 12:13 AM

well is eli overpaid? at the least ur wrong, proven a fool is too strong but i do believe u aer wrong about him being overpaid.

chasjay
01-30-2012, 12:23 AM

I have no problem with Rivers being on the AFC squad, and he is a quality QB - BUT !! are you missing some <font color="#FF0000">RED TEXT<font color="#000000"> in your post</font></font> or am I just slow on the uptake here?

NJGIANTinNC
01-30-2012, 12:41 AM
Andy Dalton was there.

gmen0820
01-30-2012, 12:41 AM

well is eli overpaid? at the least ur wrong, proven a fool is too strong but i do believe u aer wrong about him being overpaid.I think Eli is underpaid now. He's proven he can be successful with a bad line and I mean Cruz is good but he and Ballard were def unproven prior to the year. Eli has been incredible this year.

gumby742
01-30-2012, 09:58 AM
He had 4500+ yards and nearly 30 TDs. he had a career worst 20 interceptions this year as well, they should get Andrew luck /red lolSome of them were tipped passes or not his fault though! lol. he also had WRs that ran wrong routes and had to deal with injuries. His offensive coordinator isn't doing him any favors with his play calling. In a different system Rivers would be better then Peyton.

I have no problem with Rivers being on the AFC squad, and he is a quality QB - BUT !! are you missing some <FONT color=#ff0000>RED TEXT<FONT color=#000000> in your post</FONT></FONT> or am I just slow on the uptake here?
</P>

yeah i was being sarcastic.</P>

caligmengal
01-30-2012, 02:23 PM
Come on you guys.. Yes he had a bad year with all the interceptions, but he has proved to be an elite QB in recent years. Also, there isnt a lot of quality QB'S to chose from in the AFC with Peyton being hurt and Brady in the SB. He is a quality QB just hope he has a better year next year :(.

Kruunch
01-30-2012, 02:24 PM

I swear I've heard this somewhere before.

burier
01-30-2012, 02:30 PM
Because only Eli Manning can have his entirely prodcutive season negated by a high INT number.

Rivers stats were fine other than the INTs