PDA

View Full Version : 86 Super Bowl on NFL network now

RonJon
01-30-2012, 11:03 AM
My favorite moment was Simms hitting McConkey with the flea flicker and McConkey flipping over and just missed getting in the end zone. Morris ran it in on the next play. CBS then showed some Giant players celebrating on the sideline and Parcells immediately ran over and screamed at them not to start celebrating, that they still had a whole quarter to play yet

jints10
01-30-2012, 11:06 AM
My favorite moment was Simms hitting McConkey with the flea flicker and McConkey flipping over and just missed getting in the end zone. Morris ran it in on the next play. CBS then showed some Giant players celebrating on the sideline and Parcells immediately ran over and screamed at them not to start celebrating, that they still had a whole quarter to play yet

Nope 90 but good none the less......thanks for the heads up

RonJon
01-30-2012, 11:08 AM
86 was just on

repeatchamps
01-30-2012, 11:56 AM
My favorite moment was Simms hitting McConkey with the flea flicker and McConkey flipping over and just missed getting in the end zone. Morris ran it in on the next play. CBS then showed some Giant players celebrating on the sideline and Parcells immediately ran over and screamed at them not to start celebrating, that they still had a whole quarter to play yet</P>

Yup that play and the tip ball off Bavaroto McConkey for the TD. Phil Mac did that flip and fell backwards afterthe flea flickerbecause he realized he did not get in the endzone and he was dieing to get that TD. Low and behold late in the game he got the tipped ball off Bavaro and fulfilled his Super Bowl TD dream.[:D]</P>

JJC7301
01-30-2012, 12:16 PM
I remember seeing an interview of Dan Reeves concerning SB XXI and he was asked about when they were stopped3 times on the goal line right before halftime and had to settle for a field goal (which I think they missed, if memory serves me correct). Reeves said, "We (Broncos) felt like we could run the ball on them." I don't know what he could possibly have seen or known about the Giants D where he thought that his attrocious running game could possibly run against them. </P>

It's amazing that Reeves got the Giants to the playoffs in '93 and made 4 SB trips overall. Absolutely amazing to me.</P>

RonJon
01-30-2012, 12:41 PM
Reeves was a very good coach but made many questionable decisons over the years too. I remember I was particularly furious at him in that season finale against Dallas in 93 when he was content to play for the tie and go to OT instead of trying to throw to the end zone and go for the win when Giants had the Cowboys on the their heels. I remember yelling, "What is he doing? If we go to OT, we'll lose. Don't let them Boys off the hook". Sure enough, he did, and Giants went on to lose in OT

ebick
01-30-2012, 12:41 PM
It's amazing that Reeves got the Giants to the playoffs in '93 and made 4 SB trips overall. Absolutely amazing to me.</P>

</P>

Dan Reeves salvaged what remained of a Super Bowl team that Ray Handley was systematically driving so far into the dirt that had he continued, we might have been the first 0-16 team. Even though I always hated the Broncos growing up, I for one was very happy that he came when he did. Incidentally, he came because the Giants' first two choices, one of them being Coughlin, turned them down.</P>

At the end of the day, he ranks among the Norv Turners, Marty Schottenheimers and dare I say John Harbaughs of the world.....successful coaches who were unable to win the big one.</P>

ebick
01-30-2012, 12:42 PM
Reeves was a very good coach but made many questionable decisons over the years too. I remember I was particularly furious at him in that season finale against Dallas in 93 when he was content to play for the tie and go to OT instead of trying to throw to the end zone and go for the win when Giants had the Cowboys on the their heels. I remember yelling, "What is he doing? If we go to OT, we'll lose. Don't let them Boys off the hook". Sure enough, he did, and Giants went on to lose in OT</P>

That chop block call, which might have been the first one ever called, didn't help.</P>

JJC7301
01-30-2012, 02:19 PM

</P>

Dan Reeves salvaged what remained of a Super Bowl team that Ray Handley was systematically driving so far into the dirt that had he continued, we might have been the first 0-16 team. Even though I always hated the Broncos growing up, I for one was very happy that he came when he did. Incidentally, he came because the Giants' first two choices, one of them being Coughlin, turned them down.</P>

At the end of the day, he ranks among the Norv Turners, Marty Schottenheimers and dare I say John Harbaughs of the world.....successful coaches who were unable to win the big one.</P>

</P>

He was a good coach and I was VERY happy when he took over for Handley, but his teams always stunk it up in the SB and when they lost in the playoffs, they lost big. His playoff loses were just train wrecks -- just ugly. But I give him credit for getting to the SB 4 times like Marv Levy.</P>

RonJon
01-30-2012, 02:49 PM
It's amazing that Reeves got the Giants to the playoffs in '93 and made 4 SB trips overall.* Absolutely amazing to me.</P>

</P>

Dan Reeves salvaged what remained of a Super Bowl team that Ray Handley was systematically driving so far into the dirt that had he continued, we might have been the first 0-16 team.* Even though I always hated the Broncos growing up, I for one was very happy that he came when he did.* Incidentally, he came because the Giants' first two choices, one of them being Coughlin, turned them down.</P>

</P>

He was a good coach and I was VERY happy when he took over for Handley, but his teams always stunk it up in the SB and when they lost in the playoffs, they lost big.* His playoff loses were just train wrecks -- just ugly.* But I give him credit for getting to the SB 4 times like Marv Levy.</P>

Can never forget that 44-3 destruction aty the hands of the 49ers in Jan 04

JJC7301
01-30-2012, 04:06 PM

</P>

</P>

He was a good coach and I was VERY happy when he took over for Handley, but his teams always stunk it up in the SB and when they lost in the playoffs, they lost big. His playoff loses were just train wrecks -- just ugly. But I give him credit for getting to the SB 4 times like Marv Levy.</P>

Can never forget that 44-3 destruction aty the hands of the 49ers in Jan 04</P>

EXACTLY. It couldn't be a 20-17 nail bitting loss -- it had to be utter destruction on LT and Simms's collective last game. Reeve's playoff loses were ALWAYS horrendous. </P>

Whatever teamReeves coached in the playoffs, the end of the road always meant a resounding THUMP. </P>