PDA

View Full Version : Running Back

Giants Of New Jersey
01-30-2012, 12:23 PM
BJ is likely gone and the entire Giants organization knows how much pain Ahmad plays in and lives with. Even he said he would never be that healthy again (I am not saying that Bradshaw wont be our starting RB next year). Do we keep up our normal "draft a RB in the mid to late rounds and hope he pans out" style, do we sign one, or use a high draft pick? I suppose it depends what falls to us...but what are your thoughts? It is very weird to even think about it not being bradshaw/jacobs but reality is setting in...

NWKEffectElement
01-30-2012, 12:27 PM
BJ is likely gone and the entire Giants organization knows how much pain Ahmad plays in and lives with. Even he said he would never be that healthy again (I am not saying that Bradshaw wont be our starting RB next year). Do we keep up our normal "draft a RB in the mid to late rounds and hope he pans out" style, do we sign one, or use a high draft pick? I suppose it depends what falls to us...but what are your thoughts? It is very weird to even think about it not being bradshaw/jacobs but reality is setting in...

BJ is still under contract for next season. I also believe he will take a pay cut also.

JimC
01-30-2012, 01:43 PM

BJ is still under contract for next season. I also believe he will take a pay cut also.

At what salary do you feel Jacobs would be worth keeping?

yoeddy
01-30-2012, 01:56 PM

Draft the best player available...if we need to fill a specific hole that the draft doesn't net out, sign a FA.

That said, I think DJ Ware can fill the role in the absence of a legit starter in the draft or affordable FA...

JJC7301
01-30-2012, 02:40 PM
If there's an RB sitting there whenever they draft whom they are really sold on, then I'm fine with it.</P>

But I believe that an upgrade in the OL would be more important and lead to better production. I do not like having a non-top 5 running game.</P>

MikeIsaGiant
01-30-2012, 02:43 PM
If there's an RB sitting there whenever they draft whom they are really sold on, then I'm fine with it.*</P>

But I believe that an upgrade in the OL would be more important and lead to better production.* I do not like having a non-top 5 running game.</P>

Agree here, I would be happy with o-line guy, we definitely need help there.

Bradshaw is nasty, even if we get rid of Jacobs we could probably find a FA guy for cheap to replace, I';m sure Scott will have time to improve, if we can get a good line going there... I trust those 3 backs to get it done, don't see why not.

AngryAZN
01-30-2012, 02:49 PM

At what salary do you feel Jacobs would be worth keeping?

BJ will make $ 4.4m for 2012 which is $1.6m less than Chris Canty (our highest paid DL)will. Both BJ and Osi are on contract for next year.

Hopefully the front office will not make any major changes and the team can try to repeat. However, the agents for the WRs will be knocking on the door I'm sure. None of them are contracted to make more than $1m. Interestingly, Manningham is the highest paid WR this year at $1.4m.

http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/information-pages/player-salaries/

Kruunch
01-30-2012, 02:59 PM

RBs are in low demand in the league now ... barring someone slipping outrageously low to where we'd get immense value for the pick I don't see us taking a RB before the 3rd round.

nycisgreat
01-30-2012, 03:18 PM

We don't need to draft any more backs. I think De'rel Scott is going to be an excellent back. DJ Ware has bee a big disappointment. He has the worst hands I have seen of any Gaints RB in the past 20 years.

I would like to have BJ back next season, but I am not sure if they are going to keep him at this current salary. He is our best pass blocking back. I think many of people look at his run yardage as the only indicator for his productivity, but no one ever look at the tangible this guy brings to the table. He routely lay out pass rusher to allow Eli to unload the ball.

TrueBlue@NYC
01-30-2012, 03:34 PM
RB is a position where you always want to be bringing in young, fresh legged talent. </P>

I would love for them to keep BJ for what he brings as a punishing runner and his pass protection. </P>

I just don't think we'll be able to do so with his salary. Also, he's getting to that magical age when RBs' start to fall apart, even though he's got relative less carries than other backs. </P>

NYDestroyer
01-30-2012, 03:35 PM
The giants need to upgrade this position even if they win the Superbowl. I would recommend an NFL experience Running Back with a career 1000 yards average.

Razur
01-30-2012, 03:39 PM
I think we DRAFT O-Line and pick up FA RB....we have got to shore up that aging line or it won't matter who is running behind them.

radar-ray
01-30-2012, 05:13 PM
I think we DRAFT O-Line and pick up FA RB....we have got to shore up that aging line or it won't matter who is running behind them.You are so right!!!

Kysersoze
01-30-2012, 05:20 PM
If a top level running back is available when the Giants pick comes up then they have to take him. I really l;ike Ahmad Bradshaw a lot and feel he still has a couple of seasons left especially if he has another legit RB playing along side him.

What a good situation for the Giants if they draft a young quality back who can learn from Bradshaw.

In regards to Brandon Jacobs, I have to say I'm not crazy about him. He has diminished steadily the last 3 seasons, no speed and is more twinkle toes than power running back when he gets to the line.

The man is horrible on 3rd and 1, not sure why Gilbride keeps sending him in there, i rather see Bradshaw or even Ware trying to get a yard than Jacobs.

ek11sx
01-30-2012, 05:42 PM
we should see if forte can be signed! idk his situation but im not sure its going well in the windy city

JesseJames
01-30-2012, 06:00 PM
the team needs to go O line in the first 2 rounds and then a RB because as someone already said here, it doesn't matter who the RB is he isn't going anywhere if the O line don't open the holes.

Giants Of New Jersey
01-30-2012, 08:07 PM
we should see if forte can be signed! idk his situation but im not sure its going well in the windy city

at the very least he is getting franchise tagged...not a chance...not 1%

calzonesays
01-30-2012, 08:10 PM
would be great to lock Victor Cruz up now to a long term contract that isn't too large.