PDA

View Full Version : Worst Giants of All Time

Giants Of New Jersey
01-30-2012, 11:27 AM
Who are some of the worst Giants of all time? I dont mean practice squad type players, I mean guys that had considerable playing time and were just awful and made you wonder how the coach even has them out there.

My first vote goes to CC Brown

Giants Of New Jersey
01-30-2012, 11:28 AM
Just trying to pass some time here. We all know who the best Giants of all time are... so i figured I would change it up...

GiantSinceBirth78
01-30-2012, 11:32 AM
the entire team of the mid 90's

RonJon
01-30-2012, 11:32 AM
Cedric Jones
Derek Brown
Ron Dayne
Sinorice Moss
Eldridge Small
Larry Jacobson
Randy Johnson
Jim DelGaizo

Easy-Duz-It
01-30-2012, 11:38 AM
dave brown
tommy maddox
and coach ray handley. the worst of the worst that i've seen in my lifetime.

carthon44
01-30-2012, 11:40 AM
Cedrick Jones was a terrible pick,especially for where he was taken.and didnt he have documented vision problems prior to being drafted?</P>

Kruunch
01-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Have to be more specific.

You could argue the Maras/Tisches were the worst Giants considering how bad they were for almost 20 years.

First Round Draft Picks:

While Cedric Jones was possibly the biggest (and fastest bust) the pick itself made sense (DE) if not the player.

I think Jarrod Bunch (FB) was probably a worst first round pick and a total disappointment.

Dave Brown ranks right up there too.

Easy-Duz-It
01-30-2012, 11:49 AM

You could argue the Maras/Tisches were the worst Giants considering how bad they were for almost 20 years.

wait, what??!!

JJC7301
01-30-2012, 11:53 AM
Have to be more specific. You could argue the Maras/Tisches were the worst Giants considering how bad they were for almost 20 years. First Round Draft Picks: While Cedric Jones was possibly the biggest (and fastest bust) the pick itself made sense (DE) if not the player. I think Jarrod Bunch (FB) was probably a worst first round pick and a total disappointment. Dave Brown ranks right up there too.</P>

Don't forget Thomas Lewis (WR) -- 1st round pick in the mid '90s (a horrible decade of Giants drafting). Guy did zilch.</P>

threenout
01-30-2012, 11:55 AM
Jerrod Bunch

Tyronne Wheately

Rocky Thompson

BigBlueFanNJ
01-30-2012, 11:55 AM
Ron Dayne
Dave Brown

ebick
01-30-2012, 12:01 PM
Tim Carter</P>

William Joseph</P>

Derek Brown</P>

George Adams</P>

Tommy Maddox</P>

burier
01-30-2012, 12:02 PM
kenny holmes?

Michael Brooks?

The Wills (that's a bit harsh but they underachieved on a high high level)

And if people are going to throw coaches in the mix

lets not forget Tim Lewis and Bill Sheridan and Huffy too.

William Joseph?

Ron Dane I think got a bit of bad rap...he needed 20 touches to get going. He was that type of back and he never got them. Major first round bust through.

That reminds me of another thing that annoys me about Tiki.

The reason Ron Dane was drafted was because Tiki was playing very iffy football and soon as Ron Dane got here he upped his performance.

When Fassel got fired he upped his performance again.

I can't stand players who need all this manufactured motivation.

As far as Dave Brown. I remember our best offensive weapon being Rodney Hampton when Dave Brown got here. How come no one remembers that the Giants simply refused to get the guy anybody to throw the ball too? When Chris Calloway is your best reciever any QB is going to be in deep ****.

By the time Toomer and Hilliard got it going we were into the Collins era.

Speaking of Kerry Collins.

Watched the Superbowl highlights of the Ravens game.

We should have moved on From Kerry Collins right then and there. If you can't play in the Big one you can't play.

Also (Major Jim Fassel supporter) Should have fired Jim Fassel after that game as well. But I guess everything happens for a reason.

Coach Carter
01-30-2012, 12:04 PM
Cedrick Jones was a terrible pick,especially for where he was taken.and didnt he have documented vision problems prior to being drafted?</p>

Vision problems, he is legally blind in his left eye.

BigBlue wins
01-30-2012, 12:05 PM
CC Brown

Ugh

Coach Carter
01-30-2012, 12:07 PM
Jerrod Bunch

Tyronne Wheately

Rocky Thompson

Fassell didn't like big backs, that is why he benched Wheatly, dude was a stud in college. Fassell brought in Lashawn Johnson from Arizona nd he pushed for Tiki to be drafted.

Ruttiger711
01-30-2012, 12:08 PM
not this one</P>

http://www.frostycard.com/img/mosso/frostycard_site/happy_dave2.jpg</P>

</P>

but the OTHER dave thomas</P>

ny06
01-30-2012, 12:16 PM
kenny holmes? Michael Brooks? The Wills (that's a bit harsh but they underachieved on a high high level) And if people are going to throw coaches in the mix lets not forget Tim Lewis and Bill Sheridan and Huffy too. William Joseph? Ron Dane I think got a bit of bad rap...he needed 20 touches to get going. He was that type of back and he never got them. Major first round bust through. That reminds me of another thing that annoys me about Tiki. The reason Ron Dane was drafted was because Tiki was playing very iffy football and soon as Ron Dane got here he upped his performance. When Fassel got fired he upped his performance again. I can't stand players who need all this manufactured motivation. As far as Dave Brown. I remember our best offensive weapon being Rodney Hampton when Dave Brown got here. How come no one remembers that the Giants simply refused to get the guy anybody to throw the ball too? When Chris Calloway is your best reciever any QB is going to be in deep ****. By the time Toomer and Hilliard got it going we were into the Collins era. Speaking of Kerry Collins. Watched the Superbowl highlights of the Ravens game. We should have moved on From Kerry Collins right then and there. If you can't play in the Big one you can't play. Also (Major Jim Fassel supporter) Should have fired Jim Fassel after that game as well. But I guess everything happens for a reason.</P>

Michael Brooks should not be in the conversation of worst Giants. </P>

For the 3 years he played in Giant blue he was a good player. </P>

His first year for the Giants he was 2nd in tackles, and helped lead our defense to the least amount of points scored in the NFL. </P>

http://s.ecrater.com/stores/75577/4a92988867c7d_75577n.jpg</P>

ebick
01-30-2012, 12:22 PM
Speaking of Kerry Collins. Watched the Superbowl highlights of the Ravens game. We should have moved on From Kerry Collins right then and there. If you can't play in the Big one you can't play. Also (Major Jim Fassel supporter) Should have fired Jim Fassel after that game as well. But I guess everything happens for a reason.</P>

Not sure if I am willing to hang that debacle on Collins. All I remember about that game was that every time the Giants handed off, there were 20 Ravens around him, and he was the only Giant. And everytime the Ravens handed off.....same thing.....seemed like 20 Ravens and no Giants. </P>

Fassel wouldn't get fired for that. Hard to fire a coach who gets you to the dance....especially the way we got there on the heels of that 41-0 pounding of the Vikings (the only real evidence of "offensive genius" I ever saw from Fassel). But preparation (or lack thereof) had to be a part of that. Billick also knew Fassel well.....and I wonder how much that came into play.</P>

burier
01-30-2012, 12:24 PM
kenny holmes? Michael Brooks? The Wills (that's a bit harsh but they underachieved on a high high level) And if people are going to throw coaches in the mix lets not forget Tim Lewis and Bill Sheridan and Huffy too. William Joseph? Ron Dane I think got a bit of bad rap...he needed 20 touches to get going. He was that type of back and he never got them. Major first round bust through. That reminds me of another thing that annoys me about Tiki. The reason Ron Dane was drafted was because Tiki was playing very iffy football and soon as Ron Dane got here he upped his performance. When Fassel got fired he upped his performance again. I can't stand players who need all this manufactured motivation. As far as Dave Brown. I remember our best offensive weapon being Rodney Hampton when Dave Brown got here. How come no one remembers that the Giants simply refused to get the guy anybody to throw the ball too? When Chris Calloway is your best reciever any QB is going to be in deep ****. By the time Toomer and Hilliard got it going we were into the Collins era. Speaking of Kerry Collins. Watched the Superbowl highlights of the Ravens game. We should have moved on From Kerry Collins right then and there. If you can't play in the Big one you can't play. Also (Major Jim Fassel supporter) Should have fired Jim Fassel after that game as well. But I guess everything happens for a reason.</P>

Michael Brooks should not be in the conversation of worst Giants. </P>

For the 3 years he played in Giant blue he was a good player. </P>

His first year for the Giants he was 2nd in tackles, and helped lead our defense to the least amount of points scored in the NFL. </P>

http://s.ecrater.com/stores/75577/4a92988867c7d_75577n.jpg</P>

I was just throwing some names out there. I was personally a little dissapointed as I was told he was a superstar type player and it never really happened.

ebick
01-30-2012, 12:25 PM
Fassell didn't like big backs, that is why he benched Wheatly, dude was a stud in college. Fassell brought in Lashawn Johnson from Arizona nd he pushed for Tiki to be drafted.
</P>

I recall something about Wheatly challenging the requirement to run wind-sprints......a "why I gotta do dat" kind of thing. That's when he was done for me. Then he sprained a butt muscle, didn't he?</P>

SweetZombieJesus
01-30-2012, 12:37 PM

Michael Strahan?
Jesse Armstead?
Rodney Hampton?
Keith Hamilton?

Providence
01-30-2012, 12:41 PM
Dave Brown, Ron Dayne, and Matt Dodge come to mind.

SweetZombieJesus
01-30-2012, 12:43 PM

The only reason things got so bad is they were so loyal (to Alex Webster and Allie Sherman, primarily).

Even in those days they TRIED to buy big-name talent, like Fran Tarkenton and Larry Czonka.

And finally, the Tisches did not get involved until 1990. It was Wellington and Tim literally not talking to each other (there was a divider in the owners' booth) that made the team so dysfunctional.

YATittle1962
01-30-2012, 12:44 PM
a bunch of guys you never heard of because they never played

all these guys you mention as the worst.....were good enough to play

imagine how bad the guys behind them were

burier
01-30-2012, 12:45 PM
Speaking of Kerry Collins. Watched the Superbowl highlights of the Ravens game. We should have moved on From Kerry Collins right then and there. If you can't play in the Big one you can't play. Also (Major Jim Fassel supporter) Should have fired Jim Fassel after that game as well. But I guess everything happens for a reason.</P>

Not sure if I am willing to hang that debacle on Collins.* All I remember about that game was that every time the Giants handed off, there were 20 Ravens around him, and he was the only Giant.* And everytime the Ravens handed off.....same thing.....seemed like 20 Ravens and no Giants.* </P>

Fassel wouldn't get fired for that.* Hard to fire a coach who gets you to the dance....especially the way we got there on the heels of that 41-0 pounding of the Vikings (the only real evidence of "offensive genius" I ever saw from Fassel).* But preparation (or lack thereof) had to be a part of that.* Billick also knew Fassel well.....and I wonder how much that came into play.</P>

Taking nothing away from that Ravens Defense. They were awesome but Kerry Collins did not protect the ball and each INT he threw was embarssingly poor. If we just couldn't move the ball on them that would be one thing. That was a choke job if I've ever seen one.

And firing Fassel after OVER achieving like he did would have been progressive to say the least but the Giants were not ready to play that game. If you can't coach in the big one you can't coach.

Also I think Fassel did a lot of good things with the offense. We were at times very hard to defense without having top flight talent on offense. Especially at QB.

He actually got better production out of Dave Brown before he got hurt and then got some production out Of Danny Kennel and Kent Graham before resurecting KC.

Plus when Sean Payton wasn't getting it done it took over the playcalling and instantly got better production from the offense.

krygny
01-30-2012, 12:56 PM
Mid '90s? You must not remember the mid '70s. In fact, pretty much ALL the '70s ... and +/- 5 years both ways.

Cruz80
01-30-2012, 01:06 PM
#41 Conrad Hamilton

GiantSinceBirth78
01-30-2012, 01:12 PM
Mid '90s? You must not remember the mid '70s. In fact, pretty much ALL the '70s ... and +/- 5 years both ways.

I was born in 78. All I remember was the fun we had in the mid to late 80's. The Giants in the 90's were horrible. I heard stories about the Giants in the 70's, glad i missed it

Kruunch
01-30-2012, 01:30 PM

Not sure if I am willing to hang that debacle on Collins.* All I remember about that game was that every time the Giants handed off, there were 20 Ravens around him, and he was the only Giant.* And everytime the Ravens handed off.....same thing.....seemed like 20 Ravens and no Giants.* </P>

Fassel wouldn't get fired for that.* Hard to fire a coach who gets you to the dance....especially the way we got there on the heels of that 41-0 pounding of the Vikings (the only real evidence of "offensive genius" I ever saw from Fassel).* But preparation (or lack thereof) had to be a part of that.* Billick also knew Fassel well.....and I wonder how much that came into play.</P>

Kerry was pretty putrid that game.

But you're right, it didn't help that they were playing perhaps the toughest defense since the 85 Bears.

Kruunch
01-30-2012, 01:32 PM

I was born in 78. All I remember was the fun we had in the mid to late 80's. The Giants in the 90's were horrible. I heard stories about the Giants in the 70's, glad i missed it

The 70s Giants made the 90 Giants seem like the 80s 49ers.

Wait ... what decade are we in again?!

YATittle1962
01-30-2012, 01:35 PM

please dont remind me........

Kruunch
01-30-2012, 01:46 PM

wait, what??!!

I shouldn't have included the Tisches.

The Maras (Tim and Wellington) in the late 60s and early 70s practically destroyed the team. They were their own GMs and as history has shown, aging owners do not make good GMs (even if they originally did).

They couldn't agree on a GM and finally had to ask the NFL to recommend one (lol) .... which turned out to be George Young.

That's what started the Giants teams of the 80s (and unfortunately the decline in the 90s as football passed GY by).

Between 1964 and 1980 (17 years) the Giants had TWO winning seasons.

The Maras since then have become the lovable owners of the Giants but for us fans of the 70s Giants, it was a rocky road indeed.

My favorite sign I've seen at Giants stadium ... "Welcome to year 18 of the 5 year plan."

Having said all that, my grandfather started me out as a Giants fan and he had been following the team since it's inception (my grandfather was born in 1907 and bought the first box seats offered by the Giants at the Polo grounds in 1925 (he got to see Jim Thorpe play).

The Maras were one of the true innovators of football in America, the NFL and the modern day structure that is being adopted across all major league sports.

However ... for a point in time ... they were the Giants worst enemies. Fortunately my grandfather got me through it with tales of the 30s and 50s championship teams.

And then Parcels, LT and Simms made me a true believer.

thomsoad
01-30-2012, 01:58 PM
Jarrod Bunch was the Offensive Player of the Year. Not sure how he makes this list unless we include careers shortened due to injuries.

So if thats the case I guess we need to be totally heartless and include Chad Jones in this list... I mean heII ... at least Bunch played!!

So Kruunch which is it? Do we include Jones in the list or drop Bunch?

BigBlue D
01-30-2012, 02:03 PM
Danny Kannell
Dave Brown
Ron Dayne

Kruunch
01-30-2012, 02:20 PM
Jarrod Bunch was the Offensive Player of the Year. Not sure how he makes this list unless we include careers shortened due to injuries.

So if thats the case I guess we need to be totally heartless and include Chad Jones in this list... I mean heII ... at least Bunch played!!

Well aside from the complete jagoff remarks (although I expect little else from you) Jarrod Bunch was a dud (whether due to injuries, talent or position is regardless).

The fact that they gave a fullback with 500 yards and 4 TDs the "Giants Offensive Player of the Year" tells you all you need to know about 1992.

Granted injuries are injuries but you think that makes Bengals fans feel better about Kijana Carter or Raiders fans better about Bo Jackson?

And yeah I'd feel that way about Chad Jones had he been a #1 pick.

Roosevelt
01-30-2012, 02:27 PM
Who are some of the worst Giants of all time? I dont mean practice squad type players, I mean guys that had considerable playing time and were just awful and made you wonder how the coach even has them out there.

Agreed. He sucked and didn't give a crap about winning. A total loser in my book.

thomsoad
01-30-2012, 02:36 PM

Well aside from the complete jagoff remarks (although I expect little else from you) Jarrod Bunch was a dud (whether due to injuries, talent or position is regardless).

The fact that they gave a fullback with 500 yards and 4 TDs the "Giants Offensive Player of the Year" tells you all you need to know about 1992.

Granted injuries are injuries but you think that makes Bengals fans feel better about Kijana Carter or Raiders fans better about Bo Jackson?

And yeah I'd feel that way about Chad Jones had he been a #1 pick.

Actually Kruunch im not exactly sure who you got me mixed up with cuz I thought it wasnt a jagoff remark... Its your thread and I was actually asking you what I felt was a legitimate question.

If you wanna include Bunch thats fine with me... I just didnt see how you can include Bunch and not include Jones.

VegasGmen
01-30-2012, 02:58 PM
Let's not forget "Toast"!

nycisgreat
01-30-2012, 03:05 PM

Yeah, that Brown was bad, but Dave Brown to me was by far the worst all-time

Giants Of New Jersey
01-30-2012, 03:08 PM
Curtis DeLoatch

Giants Of New Jersey
01-30-2012, 03:09 PM
I googled this question and came across some names that I am not familiar with... ( I was born in 88). Can some people clue me in on:

Elvis Patterson, CB
Joe Danelo, K
Rocky Thompson, RB
Bob Timberlake, K

Simmsy
01-30-2012, 03:45 PM
http://shop.sportsworldcards.com/ekmps/shops/sportsworld/images/new-york-giants-dave-brown-101-score-95-american-football-nfl-trading-card-44834-p.jpg

burier
01-30-2012, 03:48 PM
http://shop.sportsworldcards.com/ekmps/shops/sportsworld/images/new-york-giants-dave-brown-101-score-95-american-football-nfl-trading-card-44834-p.jpg

A couple things jump out at me about this picture of Dave Brown.

If memory serves. Actually I'm sure Dave Brown was off the team before we went back to the NY logo. Throw back perhaps? Still doesn't sound right but maybe.

The Jersey is wrong too for Dave Browns era.

Simmsy
01-30-2012, 03:53 PM
@Burier...

The 75th Anniversary season in the NFL (1994?) was pretty much the one that started all the "throwback" stuff we see today. The Giants had a couple years where they were using the underlined "GIANTS" helmet for 14 or so games and had the NY logo throwback for a game or two. Then they eventually made the switch to the NY logo full time.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-30-2012, 03:58 PM
I will always have a special hatred for Jay Feeley. I've watched the Giants and been angry at a lot of games, however, he singlehandedly lost the game for us against Seattle in 2006 which pretty much deflated us the rest of the season. I wanted to murder the guy. I'm still mad about that effing game. OMG I hate that mother effing loser. LaVar Arrington was a bad one. So was CC Brown. Danny Clark comes to mind. Everyone from the 60's-70's, the mid to late 90's. vomit.

Simmsy
01-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Actually since the thread says "Worst Giants of all time" and not just "Worst players" then I would like to nominate Coach Ray "Mustgo". :-D

nygsb42champs
01-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Derek Brown

Kysersoze
01-30-2012, 04:08 PM
Like most Dave Brown is right up there for me.

Tyrone Wheatley was nothing to write home about either.

Easy-Duz-It
01-30-2012, 04:25 PM

If memory serves. Actually I'm sure Dave Brown was off the team before we went back to the NY logo. Throw back perhaps? Still doesn't sound right but maybe.

this was 94/95. 75th anniversary of the league. every team adopted the throwbacks and wore them for a few games that season. if i recall correctly, the road throwbacks we wore were pretty hideous.

burier
01-30-2012, 04:31 PM

this was 94/95. 75th anniversary of the league. every team adopted the throwbacks and wore them for a few games that season. if i recall correctly, the road throwbacks we wore were pretty hideous.

Ahh right...I do remember that now.

G-Man67
01-30-2012, 05:20 PM
Dave Brown

Tommy Maddox

Joe Pisarcik

Scott Brunner

calzonesays
01-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Kurt Warner?

sharick88
01-30-2012, 05:42 PM
Two words. Derek Brown

Cool Papa B.
01-30-2012, 06:07 PM
Wasn't Kurt Warner 6-2 as a starter before Eli took over?

NYGRealityCheck
01-30-2012, 06:16 PM
Ron Dayne, Thunder and Lightning combo was not a complete bust. 2000 Superbowl team.

Some players just didn't flourish as a Giant, but did for other teams later on in their careers.
Tyrone Wheatley- the Raiders playoff teams around 2000
Tommy Maddox- QB-Steelers. Of course no one can forget his lateral chuck across the field into space and intercepted for a TD by the Eagles as a Giant. lmao

THE_New_York_Giants
01-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Kurt Warner?

Warner could have done great things for NY. He knew his sole purpose was to help groom Eli. I saw Warner play a game for big blue and he did a pretty good job. Keep in mind that team had a TERRIBLE defense as that was before Osi came on and Strahan was lost for the year early in the season. Then after the Giants dropped two games (they started 5-2 and Warner lost 2 games making them 5-4) they decided it was a good time to transition to Eli and Eli SUCKED until the last game against Dallas. Then he had a great second season and you know the rest. Warner was solid for us, he was just unfortunate enough to only be there solely as a mentor to Eli.

SackingMyths
01-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Like most, I've gotta go with Dave Brown. The game's were over before they started...

AntB
01-30-2012, 06:25 PM
I would bet that nothing has ended the hopes of a Giants season so early, so certain, so swiftly and so painful as Ray Handleys shirt.

ebick
01-30-2012, 06:34 PM
Like most, I've gotta go with Dave Brown. The game's were over before they started...
</P>

I remember beiung at a game with Dave Brown at QB. Horribleas usual. The crowd chanting for Maddux. TOMMY TOMMY TOMMY. Then Maddux came in and after two series'.....BROWN..BROWN...BROWN</P>

calzonesays
01-30-2012, 06:41 PM
I suppose Warner wouldn't be one of the worst. I think he was 5-2 as a starter, think he threw 6 TDs and had 4 INTs..and he mentored Eli. But considering how he pretty much had a rebirth with Arizona right after leaving the Giants...I think that's why Warner is perceived as a bit of a bust.

lavar2
01-30-2012, 07:06 PM
percy ellsworth. dude was turrible.

chizz
01-30-2012, 07:09 PM
RON DAYNE!!!

SackingMyths
01-30-2012, 07:27 PM
</p>

I remember beiung at a game with Dave Brown at QB. Horribleas usual. The crowd chanting for Maddux. TOMMY TOMMY TOMMY. Then Maddux came in and after two series'.....BROWN..BROWN...BROWN</p>

Yikes.

Well, he was a "special" kind of awful, that's for sure. Some bad years...

krygny
01-30-2012, 08:04 PM
After putting his head down and <font size="4">LEVELING</font> Deon Sanders, Dave Brown gets a pass.

embeshAtYa
01-30-2012, 08:07 PM
Keith Elias, Brian Mitchell

THE_New_York_Giants
01-30-2012, 09:03 PM
After putting his head down and <font size="4">LEVELING</font> Deon Sanders, Dave Brown gets a pass.

That was awesome.
replay here about 22 sec in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJU9JQ5-A3w&feature=related

FDNY Fitzy
01-30-2012, 09:05 PM
Ron Dayne
C.C. Brown
R.W. McQuarters

in terms of talent. In terms of personality/problems

Tiki Barber
Jeremy Shockey

THE_New_York_Giants
01-30-2012, 09:06 PM
Elias wasn't that bad. It's not like he was a bust. everyone expected him to suck.

THE_New_York_Giants
Elias wasn't that bad. It's not like he was a bust. everyone expected him to suck.

embeshAtYa
Jamaar Taylor

jomo
Not at the top of the list but cerainly on the list would be Jarrod Bunch and John Hicks.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-30-2012, 09:07 PM
Jamaar Taylor
Taylor had potential. He owned up on the Eagles that one time. Injuries killed him

FBomb
01-30-2012, 09:21 PM
Scanned this entire thread and not one mention of Trey Junkin.

giantsfan420
01-30-2012, 09:28 PM

eh he'd fit for worst giant play of all time, but even then wasnt he resigned like a week or two before that game vs SF? he wasnt the long snapper that season he was the guy we got to replace the one we lost. he wasn't important enough to be considered worst giant of all time.

for me, i guess it had to be ron dayne. drafted so high, he dominated at ohio state, he resurged confidence in what the team could be, only to really never make an impact. he would do nothing for so long.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-30-2012, 09:28 PM
+1
Though that game isn't Junkins fault. You should win if you're up 38-14 at the end of the 3rd.

GOBIGBLUE52
01-30-2012, 10:02 PM
I googled this question and came across some names that I am not familiar with... ( I was born in 88). Can some people clue me in on:

Elvis Patterson, CB
Joe Danelo, K
Rocky Thompson, RB
Bob Timberlake, K

Danelo kicked the giants into the playoffs in 1981. Patterson got burned a few times, hence his nickname "Toast" but overall wasn't awful. Timberlake I've never heard of. Thompson was a RB in the 70s I believe but don't know enough about him.

Pierce 58
01-30-2012, 10:06 PM
Dave Brown
CC Brown
Matt Dodge

BParcells777
01-30-2012, 10:23 PM
that would be Joe Don looney

Salsa80
01-30-2012, 10:23 PM
Eli Manning, Hakeem Nicks, Lawrence Taylor, Phill Sims....joking

Superbowl
01-30-2012, 10:25 PM
Ron Dayne
Dave Brown
This...

JMFP2
01-30-2012, 10:28 PM
<U>Hall of Mediocrity (Bums &amp; Busts)</U></P>

Joe Pisarcik</P>

Scott Brunner</P>

Dave Brown</P>

CC Brown</P>

Butch Woolfolk</P>

Danny Clark</P>

Carlos Emmons</P>

Brian Mitchell</P>

William Joseph</P>

Derek Brown</P>

Jarrod Bunch</P>

Thomas Lewis</P>

George Adams</P>

Cedric Jones</P>

Thomas Randolph</P>

Marcus Buckley</P>

Kanavis McGee</P>

Ron Dayne (not totally his fault, though...he bounced back a little in Denver).</P>

<U>Scouting Report Blue Ballers:</U></P>

Reggie Torbor</P>

Gerris Wilkinson</P>

Tim Carter</P>

Ramses Barden</P>

Clint Sintim</P>

<U>Overrated and/or underperformers:</U></P>

Luke Petitgout</P>

Jeremy Shockey</P>

Plaxico Burress</P>

Will Peterson</P>

Will Allen</P>

Dhani Jones</P>

Tyrone Wheatley</P>

George Young (GM)</P>

calzonesays
01-30-2012, 10:31 PM
<u>Hall of Mediocrity (Bums &amp; Busts)</u></p>

Joe Pisarcik</p>

Scott Brunner</p>

Dave Brown</p>

CC Brown</p>

Butch Woolfolk</p>

Danny Clark</p>

Carlos Emmons</p>

Brian Mitchell</p>

William Joseph</p>

Derek Brown</p>

Jarrod Bunch</p>

Thomas Lewis</p>

George Adams</p>

Cedric Jones</p>

Thomas Randolph</p>

Marcus Buckley</p>

Kanavis McGee</p>

Ron Dayne (not totally his fault, though...he bounced back a little in Denver).</p>

<u>Scouting Report Blue Ballers:</u></p>

Reggie Torbor</p>

Gerris Wilkinson</p>

Tim Carter</p>

Ramses Barden</p>

<u>Overrated and/or underperformers:</u></p>

Luke Petitgout</p>

Jeremy Shockey</p>

Plaxico Burress</p>

Will Peterson</p>

Will Allen</p>

Dhani Jones</p>

Tyrone Wheatley</p>

George Young (GM)</p>

gotta add Matt Dodge to the list. Worst punter ever?

JMFP2
01-30-2012, 10:32 PM
Dodge certainly deserves a spot....just unbelievable.

miked1958
01-30-2012, 11:14 PM
Jerrod Bunch

Tyronne Wheately

Rocky Thompson

This

kory da man
01-30-2012, 11:16 PM
percy ellsworth. dude was turrible.Ellsworth was sold at fs...jeremy Lincoln dave neon keith elias Cedric jones andre weathers brian afford Micheal croel mike horan bashir Livingston jason bell cc brown aaron rouse curtis deloach carlos emmonds Wayne lucier Johnathan carter jerimiah parker Ryan phillips Idk how he started Pete Monty Reggie Stevens joey smith to name a few Thomas Lewis was bad too

THE_New_York_Giants
01-30-2012, 11:19 PM
Dodge certainly deserves a spot....just unbelievable.
Dodge is the only punter in league history who cost his team 3 games

NY_Eli
01-30-2012, 11:22 PM
Jared Lorenzen has to be up there. Entertaining to watch, but not very talented.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-30-2012, 11:23 PM
Jared Lorenzen has to be up there. Entertaining to watch, but not very talented.
He played like 5 regular season snaps. The man had a hell of an arm though.

ghwriter1976
01-31-2012, 12:06 AM
I have a bit of a soft spot for Dave Brown. Sure he put up some hideous numbers in '95 and '96, but the whole team was a mess and they seemed to just give up on Dan Reeves after that disgusting 35-0 loss to Dallas on Monday Night Football at the start of the '95 season. The '94 team was dead in the water at 3-7, but he led them to 6 straight wins to finish at 9-7.

That whole trio of Brown, Kanell and Graham has quite a bit to be proud of. Brown had that one good year, Kanell got the division win and Graham knocked out the 13-0 Broncos.

The one man I'll never forgive, however, is Ray Handley. He gets handed a Super Bowl winning team and reduces them to 6-10 in just two seasons.

Imagine what would have happened if Belichick was named the head coach instead. He was no Coach of the Year in Cleveland, but at least he'd be working with players he already knew...

fourth&forever
01-31-2012, 12:53 AM
that would be Joe Don looney

That would be the answer for worst draft pick ever. A first round pick, 12th overall. So bad & uncoachable that the Giants traded him before the season even started. At least we knew we had a loser early on there.

The worst Giants during regular season are:
Wheatley
Dave Brown
George Adams
no-gain Dayne
Rocky Thomson
Ray Handley

O.C. Giant Fan
01-31-2012, 01:24 AM
<u>Hall of Mediocrity (Bums &amp; Busts)</u></p>

Joe Pisarcik</p>

Scott Brunner</p>

Dave Brown</p>

CC Brown</p>

Butch Woolfolk</p>

Danny Clark</p>

Carlos Emmons</p>

Brian Mitchell</p>

William Joseph</p>

Derek Brown</p>

Jarrod Bunch</p>

Thomas Lewis</p>

George Adams</p>

Cedric Jones</p>

Thomas Randolph</p>

Marcus Buckley</p>

Kanavis McGee</p>

Ron Dayne (not totally his fault, though...he bounced back a little in Denver).</p>

Reggie Torbor</p>

Gerris Wilkinson</p>

Tim Carter</p>

Ramses Barden</p>

Clint Sintim</p>

Luke Petitgout</p>

Jeremy Shockey</p>

Plaxico Burress</p>

Will Peterson</p>

Will Allen</p>

Dhani Jones</p>

Tyrone Wheatley</p>

George Young (GM)</p>

Some great names from the past......completely forgot about "East/West" Woolfolk.............I'd like to add Will Demps, Ali Haji Shank, Jonathan Carter, Kenny Holmes, Frank Walker, Chris Bober and Jesse Palmer

THE_New_York_Giants
01-31-2012, 01:27 AM
<u>Hall of Mediocrity (Bums & Busts)</u></p>

Joe Pisarcik</p>

Scott Brunner</p>

Dave Brown</p>

CC Brown</p>

Butch Woolfolk</p>

Danny Clark</p>

Carlos Emmons</p>

Brian Mitchell</p>

William Joseph</p>

Derek Brown</p>

Jarrod Bunch</p>

Thomas Lewis</p>

George Adams</p>

Cedric Jones</p>

Thomas Randolph</p>

Marcus Buckley</p>

Kanavis McGee</p>

Reggie Torbor</p>

Gerris Wilkinson</p>

Tim Carter</p>

Ramses Barden</p>

Clint Sintim</p>

Luke Petitgout</p>

Jeremy Shockey</p>

Plaxico Burress</p>

Will Peterson</p>

Will Allen</p>

Dhani Jones</p>

Tyrone Wheatley</p>

George Young (GM)</p>

Some great names from the past......completely forgot about "East/West" Woolfolk.............I'd like to add Will Demps, Ali Haji Shank,* Jonathan Carter,* Kenny Holmes, Frank Walker,* Chris Bober and Jesse Palmer

adding trey junkin and matt dodge... and fran tarkenton was a jerk when he was here too.

Giantsfan62
01-31-2012, 01:42 AM
Reading through the thread I see someone asked about Elvis Patterson.

I seem to remember him being burned for big gains regularly....

I thought Parcells was going to have a heart attack a few times over it.

younggiant
01-31-2012, 01:44 AM

Lol.
Haven't been around in that generation guess I was spared lol. That bad huh? I've seen some footage of those games and looked pretty bad on there.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-31-2012, 01:46 AM

Lol.
Haven't been around in that generation guess I was spared lol. That bad huh? I've seen some footage of those games and looked pretty bad on there.
imagine wanting to unload an entire glock 22 magazine into your head. That's how bad the 70's were.

Bohemian
01-31-2012, 02:49 AM
It is extremely easy to beat up on those Giants players that did not pan-out during the tough years, but I would like to change things a bit and focus on those who got free-rides during the glory years.

For the 90' team, I could not stand the site of Lewis Tillman. He was horrendous, and Parcels would give him charity carries to see if he could gain some self-confidence to no avail. He was such a waist of a roster spot.

He is probably my least favorite Giant of all time, as he played with such amazing teams, but never contributed a thing.

Out of the dark years of the 90s:

Joe Montgomery from Ohio State in 99' does not scape this list. Absolutely ridiculous. In fact, for other than the OTs (Petitgout and Rosenthal), the whole 99' draft was a complete bust from beginning to end.

Of course, the 95' draft was even worst, with its only descent pick being FB Charles Way. And lastly, the 94' draft was completely atrocious, with Sehorn being the only saving grace in that group.

Lastly, the 01' draft was as if the Giants were not even trying to draft good talent. The entire things was a joke. I remember being patient watching Will Allen getting beat over and over again during his time with the team. I am so glad that he is gone now, and to think that he was the best talent to rise out of that draft group. That draft had no exceptions at all, making it the absolute worst one in recent years.

Go Blue!

rainierjef
01-31-2012, 03:04 AM
sinorice moss

JuneauBlue
01-31-2012, 04:21 AM
Any votes for Herschel Walker? The minute we got him I knew it was a mistake; so frustrating to watch him do mostly nothing over and over again that year.

Felt similarly about Csonka when he came on as well--great career but the team needed more than he could provide at that point--injuries of course didn't help and it was a shame that he was involved in the "Miracle"--he deserved better.

Speaking of Vets at the end of the line when we got 'em--Norm Snead, anyone?

Looks like I have one from the '90s, '80s '70s--work is done here....

NYG 5
01-31-2012, 10:30 AM
It is extremely easy to beat up on those Giants players that did not pan-out during the tough years, but I would like to change things a bit and focus on those who got free-rides during the glory years.

For the 90' team, I could not stand the site of Lewis Tillman. He was horrendous, and Parcels would give him charity carries to see if he could gain some self-confidence to no avail. He was such a waist of a roster spot.

He is probably my least favorite Giant of all time, as he played with such amazing teams, but never contributed a thing.

Out of the dark years of the 90s:

Joe Montgomery from Ohio State in 99' does not scape this list. Absolutely ridiculous. In fact, for other than the OTs (Petitgout and Rosenthal), the whole 99' draft was a complete bust from beginning to end.

Of course, the 95' draft was even worst, with its only descent pick being FB Charles Way. And lastly, the 94' draft was completely atrocious, with Sehorn being the only saving grace in that group.

Lastly, the 01' draft was as if the Giants were not even trying to draft good talent. The entire things was a joke. I remember being patient watching Will Allen getting beat over and over again during his time with the team. I am so glad that he is gone now, and to think that he was the best talent to rise out of that draft group. That draft had no exceptions at all, making it the absolute worst one in recent years.

Go Blue!

oh god, it was like EA wasn't even trying. drafting a kicker and a quarterback? another ****ty WR? if it was one thing EA was atrocious at drafting, it was interior linemen and wide receivers. oh my god, they were all terrible. thabiti davis, to name another, and i think he was a second round pick too. sinorice moss couldnt get on the field.

ian allen was probably the worst free agent tackle ever brought in. kenny holmes was utterly worthless in 2001, but i think he started coming around in 2002. he was making plays in that wildcard game before he broke his shoulder, losing him let garcia run all over the place.

and reggie torbor was a pretty good player. he always started, and i don't remember anything bad coming from his side. he was an average linebacker, but had good size and speed. hard to knock him.

Bohemian
01-31-2012, 11:33 AM
I agree that Torbor was adequate for his role, but not exactly the LB that we were all hoping for. CB Will Allen was super frustrating to watch.

Holmes definitely showed signs of promise, but burnt out much to quickly. I think that beyond Holmes, Garcia's ridiculous comeback against us was only possible thanks to Sean Williams' stupid personal fouls, plus a missed pass interference call.

Kruunch
01-31-2012, 11:43 AM
Ray Perkins