PDA

View Full Version : this is how eli leads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ryan12
01-30-2012, 02:52 PM
from kffl.com

Giants | Eli Manning issues warning to teammates

Mon, 30 Jan 2012 06:25:14 -0800

New York Giants QB Eli Manning told teammates that losing the Super Bowl could have a lasting effect on them mentally. Manning said his brother, Indianapolis Colts QB Peyton Manning, thought about his loss in Super Bowl XLIV for months. "I've never lost a Super Bowl," Manning told teammates. "I was with my brother (Peyton) when he lost one, and three months after that, that's all he could talk about. We don't want that feeling."

ryan12
01-30-2012, 02:53 PM
love it

GmenFan1980
01-30-2012, 02:56 PM
losing the super bowl eats away at you.

hell Tom Brady said he still can't watch SB 42.

I believe everyone on the 90's bills are forever haunted by "wide right"

:/ hopefully Eli and the giants never experience that

MikeIsaGiant
01-30-2012, 02:57 PM
Wow, Eli is the manning... I've eaten my crow about him being a doofus and not a leader...

Please don't crucify me

BigBlue D
01-30-2012, 02:58 PM
I'm more of a fan of motivation by enthusiasm rather than by fear. The week before the Superbowl the last thing you want to have cross your mind is how you'd feel losing the big game. The positive visualization technique is used by many athletes and many swear it makes a difference. Just my 2 cents...

CTLadyBlue
01-30-2012, 03:04 PM
I'm sure SB 35 ate at Strahan for a LONG time. Then again - that game wasn't even a contest. I purposefully flew down to FL where my parents live so my dad and I could watch the game together. i went to bed at halftime because I just couldn't watch it anymore. Made me physically ill.

Imagine how the 90's Bills felt?

bLuereverie
01-30-2012, 03:05 PM
I'm more of a fan of motivation by enthusiasm rather than by fear. The week before the Superbowl the last thing you want to have cross your mind is how you'd feel losing the big game. The positive visualization technique is used by many athletes and many swear it makes a difference. Just my 2 cents...

That seems to be the general aura around the players honestly. Manning injects a little humility to not let the entire experience be taken for granted. Don't read too much into it.

lnp12
01-30-2012, 03:06 PM

I agree, but maybe it's just me, I feel like the team needed this. We've already beaten the Patriots, and I have a feeling a lot of people are picking the Giants. I like that Eli is keeping everyone down to Earth and reminding them how bad it will be if we do lose. Don't take this opportunity for granted kind of thing, you know?

BigBlue D
01-30-2012, 03:09 PM

I agree, but maybe it's just me, I feel like the team needed this. We've already beaten the Patriots, and I have a feeling a lot of people are picking the Giants. I like that Eli is keeping everyone down to Earth and reminding them how bad it will be if we do lose. Don't take this opportunity for granted kind of thing, you know?

Yeah I agree with you, I'm sure Eli gauged the locker room before saying this and thought it wouldn't be damaging to give them a small dose of a reality check.

ryan12
01-30-2012, 03:20 PM

this is the way i took it.... ALL IN

GMenNY21
01-30-2012, 03:29 PM
Great message to send before the biggest game of most of these guys careers

burier
01-30-2012, 03:37 PM
I'm sure SB 35 ate at Strahan for a LONG time. Then again - that game wasn't even a contest. I purposefully flew down to FL where my parents live so my dad and I could watch the game together. i went to bed at halftime because I just couldn't watch it anymore. Made me physically ill.

I watched that game from a motel, My room didn't get the channel so I actually ended up watching the game with this Alcoholic couple next door.

I was 17 at the time and I was so depressed that night that I ended up getting nude with this 30 year old lady.

ryan12
01-30-2012, 03:40 PM

I watched that game from a motel, My room didn't get the channel so I actually ended up watching the game with this Alcoholic couple next door.

I was 17 at the time and I was so depressed that night that I ended up getting nude with this 30 year old lady.

was she hot?

nycisgreat
01-30-2012, 03:41 PM
from kffl.com

Giants | Eli Manning issues warning to teammates

Mon, 30 Jan 2012 06:25:14 -0800

New York Giants QB Eli Manning told teammates that losing the Super Bowl could have a lasting effect on them mentally. Manning said his brother, Indianapolis Colts QB Peyton Manning, thought about his loss in Super Bowl XLIV for months. "I've never lost a Super Bowl," Manning told teammates. "I was with my brother (Peyton) when he lost one, and three months after that, that's all he could talk about. We don't want that feeling."

I love this guy humility. Short, concise and to the point. I really hope everyone took his words to heart.

burier
01-30-2012, 03:42 PM

was she hot?

She was actually reasonably hot but...still

swimeasy
01-30-2012, 04:19 PM

this is the way i took it.... ALL IN</P>

I understand what you're saying about positive visualization and that seemed to be needed for the whole team in 07 when nobody gave them a chance. </P>

This year seems to be going in the opposite direction with too much talking head praise and some symptoms of overconfidence which can also interfere with focus and preparation. So Eli's comments could go a long way to keep players grounded and focused, especially now with the added media exposure in Indy. </P>

</P>

SweetZombieJesus
01-30-2012, 04:50 PM
I'm more of a fan of motivation by enthusiasm rather than by fear.

Get Strahan and Toomer to contrast their XXXV and XLII experiences.

As for my XXXV experience, I remember struggling with a DirecTV tuner I was using with an over the air antenna to pull in an HD signal and the antenna had to be JUST RIGHT within a millimeter to keep a good signal and even then it was in and out. Back then the cable companies weren't doing HD so you had to do it over the air. And the towers were on the WTC which would be gone within a year. I was annoyed that the announcers were not the same (was it CBS, Phil Simms) as the standard broadcast. And they had that annoying 3D camera gimmick so I got to watch my team suck from 30 different angles.

nygsb42champs
01-30-2012, 05:02 PM
Way to go Eli.

ryan12
01-31-2012, 03:40 PM
+1