PDA

View Full Version : A win and you COULD POSSIBILY at least make the arguement........

NFCEastBeast
01-30-2012, 03:06 PM
that eli is the #1 active QB in the NFL.

ok hear me out first........and then you can start bashing me. lol.

most commonly assumed top 4 active qbs (lets keep Peyton out of this converstaion completly considering his own issues at the present time.)

in no particuliar order:

-Drew Brees, will only have one ring compared to Eli's two.

-Aaron Rodgers, will only have one ring compared to Eli's two.

-Little Ben, Both would have 2 rings. the arguement could easily be made through simple stats that Eli is the better passer at this stage in his career.. Eli's career might not have started out quite as qucik as Ben's but he certiantly has turned in on in the last 4 seasons. Imo eli projects out better for the rest of his career than Ben also.

-Tom Brady, would have 3 rings to Eli's 2.

NFCEastBeast
01-30-2012, 03:09 PM
sorry didnt quite finish......and Eli would have beaten Tom not so Teriffic twice in the BIG GAME.

im not even saying i believe this MYSELF. I just wanted to state IF and only if our gmen win this sucker the arguement can be made!

WE LOVE YOU ELI

guardplay320
01-30-2012, 03:11 PM
sorry didnt quite finish......and Eli would have beaten Tom not so Teriffic twice in the BIG GAME.

im not even saying i believe this MYSELF. I just wanted to state IF and only if our gmen win this sucker the arguement can be made!

WE LOVE YOU ELI

No, the argument can't really me be made. Eli's a great QB who performs incredible under pressure. Why do we have to make him any more or any less than that? Threads like this are just troll bait.

GmenFan1980
BASH.

IF the giants win, Eli will be the most successful QB in the NFC

The best in the NFL right now regardless of what happens is Tom, Peyton, Brees, Arron, Ben, Eli

Giants Of New Jersey
The argument can't really be made lol sorry and I am a HUGE Eli fan...it is a bit of a stretch...

burier
01-30-2012, 03:13 PM
So its settled.

You heard it on GMB first. THERE IS NOTHING THAT ELI CAN DO TO REACH THE TOP OF HIS PROFESSION.

good to know.

ten280
01-30-2012, 03:14 PM
... that Eli will be the last Giant to wear #10 !

MikeIsaGiant
01-30-2012, 03:15 PM
Eli is better than Ben, but better than brees and tom brady.. that's tough

Big Blue 418
01-30-2012, 03:18 PM
Lets just win the game and debate that after...

NFCEastBeast
01-30-2012, 03:25 PM
i swear that goofy looking face is gonna hold him back the eyes of the public forever.....lol.......not gonna be able to deny him when he retires with more superbowl rings than any other QB in nfl history though.......its gonna happen

TrueBlue@NYC
01-30-2012, 03:26 PM
I love Eli, have always supported him and think he's a great QB. But this statement's just too much. </P>

SBs' are a good indicator for a QB, but not a great one. </P>

Terry Bradshaw won 4 SBs' with the Steelers, yet you don't see anyone mention him in the coversation as the best QB of all time. And the opposite is true for Marino, probably the best pure passer ever yet never won a SB. </P>

</P>

Kruunch
01-30-2012, 03:32 PM

most commonly assumed top 4 active qbs (lets keep Peyton out of this converstaion completly considering his own issues at the present time.)

in no particuliar order:

-Little Ben, Both would have 2 rings. the arguement could easily be made through simple stats that Eli is the better passer at this stage in his career.. Eli's career might not have started out quite as qucik as Ben's but he certiantly has turned in on in the last 4 seasons. Imo eli projects out better for the rest of his career than Ben also.

This being a team game, I'm not sure I can equate Eli winning two rings with his prowess as a QB solely. That would mean Trent Dilfer was a better QB than Dan Marino.

I would definitely put Eli in the Top 5 QBs right now and that's the elite club.

Where he goes from here we'll just have to see. But I'll say this ... you've seen a promising and hyped rookie quarterback go from stumbling and bumbling to becoming a good quarterback and then on to becoming a great quarterback ... all in front of your eyes.

It's been an amazing journey.

burier
01-30-2012, 03:34 PM
call me crazy but going into another Elite QBs building and out performing him in the playoffs seems like it should say alot.

Some people still think Eli isn't in Brady's class though Brady has had three chances to outclass Eli and has yet to do it.

And I'm getting told that Rogers is in a different class than Eli but again...didn't really look that way a couple weeks ago.

I've smoked some pretty powerful Ganja in my day but I still believe my own eyes before I believe what a bunch of butt-goblins on ESPN say.

ebick
01-30-2012, 03:35 PM
Eli is better than Ben, but better than brees and tom brady.. that's tough</P>

Brees was always a good QB, but he really began to shine more recently in New Orleans. I would suggest that Drew has been in the league a few more years than Eli, and I am hopeful that what we have seen this year from Eli is the beginning of the results of a maturation period that is going to bear very nice fruit for the next several years to come. That being the case, the comparison between Eli and anyone from a post-career view may be very different than what it would be right now.</P>

bigjeep
01-30-2012, 03:39 PM
... that Eli will be the last Giant to wear #10 !

He's the best N.Y. Giants QB of all time right now, and if we win this SB he is going into the Hall Of Fame.

Roosevelt
01-30-2012, 03:42 PM

in no particuliar order:

If we win and Eli plays great there is no doubt that his stock will rise.

And even though he'd be 1 trophy behind Brady, he would have beaten him twice which is pretty cool.

Let's just hope it happens.

gumby742
01-30-2012, 04:13 PM
call me crazy but going into another Elite QBs building and out performing him in the playoffs seems like it should say alot. Some people still think Eli isn't in Brady's class though Brady has had three chances to outclass Eli and has yet to do it. And I'm getting told that Rogers is in a different class than Eli but again...didn't really look that way a couple weeks ago. I've smoked some pretty powerful Ganja in my day but I still believe my own eyes before I believe what a bunch of butt-goblins on ESPN say.</P>

You might want to take those Eli glasses off first, and then look back 8 years.</P>

rebelfan1966
01-30-2012, 04:24 PM
I really wish all these Eli threads would stop. Ever since he arrived in NY, people have either wanted to run him out of town or crown him the King of NY. </P>

I don't care for the title of Elite either. It is just a word someone threw out there with no teeth behind it. It is all subjective.</P>

As for Eli, his sole goal is to win games and win championships. I honestly don't think he cares to be compared to his brother, Brady, Rogers, Brees, Simms, or anyone else for that matter. As long as the team is winning.... he feels like he is doing his job.....that is what makes him tick.</P>

Easy-Duz-It
01-30-2012, 04:29 PM

i would never bash you for this statement. i wouldn't want anyone else as a quarterback right now.

burier
01-30-2012, 04:39 PM
call me crazy but going into another Elite QBs building and out performing him in the playoffs seems like it should say alot. Some people still think Eli isn't in Brady's class though Brady has had three chances to outclass Eli and has yet to do it. And I'm getting told that Rogers is in a different class than Eli but again...didn't really look that way a couple weeks ago. I've smoked some pretty powerful Ganja in my day but I still believe my own eyes before I believe what a bunch of butt-goblins on ESPN say.</P>

You might want to take those Eli glasses off first, and then look back 8 years.</P>

I like my Eli glasses. They let me see the future.

gumby742
01-30-2012, 04:41 PM

I like my Eli glasses. They let me see the future.</P>

</P>

As long as you admit you have Eli glasses, then it's all good. Proceed.</P>

JJC7301
01-30-2012, 04:41 PM
Regardless of whether or not he's "# 1," I'm glad that Eli's our QB. Every other team can keep their QB that they're happy with.

burier
01-30-2012, 04:43 PM

I like my Eli glasses. They let me see the future.</P>

*</P>

As long as you admit you have Eli glasses, then it's all good.* Proceed.</P>

I admit I'm a fan. But being a fan doesn't make me inaccurate.

giantsfan420
01-30-2012, 04:54 PM

eli has been a soild qb since he became starter. the 07 playoff run he became a special qb. he's absolutely done his job and then some since. i absolutely love how the main argument from giving eli the credit he deserves is a 25 int year.

i say this over and over but it just wont stick with some posters;

07-magical playoff run
08-10 ints(set a then nfl record for least turnovers by a team in nfl history) while having good passing numbers.
09-14 ints while having amazing qb numbers. he made the probowl year in case some forgot.
2010-25 ints, but still had amazing qb numbers besides that and still played well enough to get us to the playoffs. the defense collapsing vs philly and gb seemed to be forgotten and the focal point was 25 ints.
2011-absolutely killed it.

i believe that the way the team ended their seasons in 08, 09, and 2010 erased elis play from some peoples memory. the plex incident completely overrode eli playing dominant football. the d collaps in 09 and 2010 completely overrode the great play eli gave us.

had the d not gotten their act together this season, eli's play again would have been dismissed. the only reason why people have "eli glasses" is bc he shines so bright if u look at him for more than 5 seconds u can go blind.

imo he's been an amazing qb and had elite seasons in 09 and this season, while having excellent seasons in 08 and 2010.

the stance that people have "eli glasses" has been completely removed. just bc some posters, like myself, knew eli could play at this level and were vocal about it, and that he proved us right is somehow held against us. its a joke really.

eli is the absolute best qb the giants could have out of every qb playing. for the nyg, eli is the #1 qb in the nfl. sure, some qbs may do certain things better, but if anyone feels that we could do better in any way at the qb position, that person is wearing a blindfold, forget glasses.