PDA

View Full Version : Alot of Fans Are In a Win Win Situation

burier
01-30-2012, 04:22 PM
Reading some of these posts it is clear that some of you feel like you can't lose sunday because some of you are closeted Patriots fans.

I'd even go so far as to say some of you want the Patriots to win.

There are other who think of the Patriots as "their second favorite team"

So if you feel so moved please share your story. Tell us why you love the Patriots so much and how you're secretly tickled that Tom Brady is back at the big show.

I wanna hear the stories about how your dad would buy you hotdogs and you'd go to the stadium to watch Jim Plunkett or whatever.

Here's your chance. Why do you love the Patriots so?

MikeIsaGiant
01-30-2012, 04:31 PM
Who the **** here likes the patriots? LOL

G-Man67
01-30-2012, 04:33 PM
I think somebody has a bad case of the Mondays :)

altho it wouldn't shock me ... younger fans who started watching the NFL in the '00s mighta jumped on that bandwagon ... let's see what happens

oh and you do have the Connecticut connection .. probably that state is divided 50/50

GmenFan1980
01-30-2012, 04:35 PM
my "win win" is we win, we are 4-1 in the super bowl, if we lose(which i don't want to happen) Nothing the patriots do or say can ever erase 18-1 shame we handed them. :)

Kruunch
01-30-2012, 04:38 PM
Reading some of these posts it is clear that some of you feel like you can't lose sunday because some of you are closeted Patriots fans.

So if you feel so moved please share your story. Tell us why you love the Patriots so much and how you're secretly tickled that Tom Brady is back at the big show.

I wanna hear the stories about how your dad would buy you hotdogs and you'd go to the stadium to watch Jim Plunkett or whatever.

I love the Pats (not more than I do the Giants of course) because of these reasons;

1) Their last two "real" coaches were from the Giants 80s team (Parcels and Bellichik).

2) They are one of the best run franchises in the NFL.

3) Their owner is pure class.

4) They are not in our division.

5) Bellichik has turned out to be one of the best coaches in NFL history (and its always fun to watch history unfold before your eyes).

Having said all that, I will be satisfied with this season, even if the Giants lose, NOT because the Patriots won, but because the Giants made it to the Super Bowl and in a year when everyone was down on them.

Of course .... not losing would be a metric **** ton better.

RoanokeFan
01-30-2012, 04:42 PM

Did someone poop in your cheerios this morning?

guardplay320
01-30-2012, 04:46 PM
I can't believe there was a serious reply to this salty post.

Roosevelt
01-30-2012, 04:46 PM

???

This post makes me yearn for one of your silly Eli posts. [;)]

G-Man67
01-30-2012, 04:55 PM
ha, he did expose Kruuuuuuuuuuuuunch though :)

jjj45
01-30-2012, 04:57 PM
ha, he did expose Kruuuuuuuuuuuuunch though :)yup looked like the bait worked ;)

Kruunch
01-30-2012, 04:58 PM

You wanted to see me exposed? http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-8.gif

Honestly I was just trying to turn a typical crappy Burier post into something a tad more constructive.

But I stand by my post.

MikeIsaGiant
01-30-2012, 05:00 PM

You wanted to see me exposed? http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-8.gif

Honestly I was just trying to turn a typical crappy Burier post into something a tad more constructive.

But I stand by my post.

At least you didn't pull a BParcells post and after you were exposed say "BUT I WAS KIDDING GUYS"

ha

JJC7301
01-30-2012, 05:01 PM
Reading some of these posts it is clear that some of you feel like you can't lose sunday because some of you are closeted Patriots fans. I'd even go so far as to say some of you want the Patriots to win. There are other who think of the Patriots as "their second favorite team" So if you feel so moved please share your story. Tell us why you love the Patriots so much and how you're secretly tickled that Tom Brady is back at the big show. I wanna hear the stories about how your dad would buy you hotdogs and you'd go to the stadium to watch Jim Plunkett or whatever. Here's your chance. Why do you love the Patriots so? I love the Pats (not more than I do the Giants of course) because of these reasons; 1) Their last two "real" coaches were from the Giants 80s team (Parcels and Bellichik). 2) They are one of the best run franchises in the NFL. 3) Their owner is pure class. 4) They are not in our division. 5) Bellichik has turned out to be one of the best coaches in NFL history (and its always fun to watch history unfold before your eyes). Having said all that, I will be satisfied with this season, even if the Giants lose, NOT because the Patriots won, but because the Giants made it to the Super Bowl and in a year when everyone was down on them. Of course .... not losing would be a metric **** ton better.</P>

I've been a Giants fan since the early '80s, butthe Pats are a back-up team that I root forbecause:</P>

1. BB - The guy is Giant lineage and I respect him.</P>

2. Excellence - I respect excellence in an organization and the Pats are the 1st NFL dynasty of the 21st century.</P>

3. TB - once again, excellence. I've got nothing against this guy and I don't undertand people's hatred of him.</P>

4. I love seeing the Jets sweat their big time divisional rival and that BB declined to be the HC of the NYJ so that he could work for NE instead. (A side story: I went out for dinner this past Saturday for my friend's b-day...he's a Jets fan. I felt bad for the guy, especially since he's not a smack talker. He normally has the SB party at his house, but he can't do it this year. He can't bring himself to watch a 2nd NYG vs NE SB in 4 years.) </P>

There is no close call here -- I'm not a Pats "fan." If the Giants lose this game I won't be happy about it. But if the 49ers and theirseeminglypunk fans and childish coach had made it to the SB, I would have been more than happy to root for NE.</P>

thesin
01-30-2012, 05:02 PM

I love the Pats (not more than I do the Giants of course) because of these reasons;

1) Their last two "real" coaches were from the Giants 80s team (Parcels and Bellichik).

5) Bellichik has turned out to be one of the best coaches in NFL history (and its always fun to watch history unfold before your eyes).

Having said all that, I will be satisfied with this season, even if the Giants lose, NOT because the Patriots won, but because the Giants made it to the Super Bowl and in a year when everyone was down on them.

Giants fans like you give me hope for the rest of you're fanbase. RESPECT

MikeIsaGiant
01-30-2012, 05:03 PM
I'd respect the Patriots, I just hate my dumb cousin who keeps boasting about how good the Pats are every year, he keeps saying they're going to win.

If they lose, he'll come up with the dumbest excuse ever. I can never root for them

SweetZombieJesus
01-30-2012, 05:08 PM

I like Bob Kraft but he has done a few classless things I can think of.

The feud with Parcells, for example... And how he ultimately won by sabotaging Bill Belichick becoming Jets head coach.

There was a photo opp in his office where they had the Red Sox come over with their 2004 and 2007 WS trophies and put them with the Pats' 3 Lombardis, I can't find it, but it's a ******y move

(by the way a win next Sunday would be NYC's 51st championship not including teams that left like the Dodgers and Baseball Giants, should we arrange that photo-opp or would that be too ******y?).

He got Howard Stern a championship ring, IIRC. He gets extras and gives them away to impress people, I think Vladomir Putin also got one. That's kind of ******y. I know the Giants give extras to their partners and associates but what does Howard Stern have to do with the Patriots?

GmenFan1980
01-30-2012, 05:08 PM

haha your* :P

JJC7301
01-30-2012, 05:12 PM
Reading some of these posts it is clear that some of you feel like you can't lose sunday because some of you are closeted Patriots fans. I'd even go so far as to say some of you want the Patriots to win. There are other who think of the Patriots as "their second favorite team" So if you feel so moved please share your story. Tell us why you love the Patriots so much and how you're secretly tickled that Tom Brady is back at the big show. I wanna hear the stories about how your dad would buy you hotdogs and you'd go to the stadium to watch Jim Plunkett or whatever. Here's your chance. Why do you love the Patriots so? I love the Pats (not more than I do the Giants of course) because of these reasons; 1) Their last two "real" coaches were from the Giants 80s team (Parcels and Bellichik). 2) They are one of the best run franchises in the NFL. 3) Their owner is pure class. 4) They are not in our division. 5) Bellichik has turned out to be one of the best coaches in NFL history (and its always fun to watch history unfold before your eyes). Having said all that, I will be satisfied with this season, even if the Giants lose, NOT because the Patriots won, but because the Giants made it to the Super Bowl and in a year when everyone was down on them. Of course .... not losing would be a metric **** ton better. Giants fans like you give me hope for the rest of you're fanbase. RESPECT</P>

We've got a very intelligent fan base. Most of us are not bandwagon jumpers like many NE fans were. Lets face facts -- the Pats weren't exactly the "sexy" team before BB and TB arrived on the scene. Don't get me wrong -- I'm not saying that you are one of those fans because I have no idea, but many, many, many Pat fans have no idea what it's like to stink, so I don't think that viewing things from a totally win-all-the-time perspective makes for an intelligent fan base. Your fan base has not had to deal with the other side of reality for a veeerrryyyy long time. </P>

Not saying this about you, but just my perspective about the Pats fan base.</P>

G-Man67
01-30-2012, 05:15 PM
hey i respect the Steelers organization, but i rarely, if ever, would pull for them and if we played them in the Super Bowl and lost, I certainly wouldn't be thinking how nice for the Rooney's ... i'd be a basket case, rocking myself in the fetal position and hoping it was just a bad dream

in fact, i loved watching Tebow light them up

here's the deal, teams like the Patriots are media darlings... Tom Brady walks on water ... there are few teams in the NFL that are more satisfying to beat

ALL IN !!!!!

thesin
01-30-2012, 05:16 PM

haha your* :P

haha was going to cut the sentence short and say "you're a smart man". fail

jhamburg
01-30-2012, 05:17 PM
I hate the Pats, I hate Belichick, I hate/am jealous of Brady, I hate the smugness, I hate Boston sports, I hate the bandwagon fans, I had Kraft and his fat face, let me know when you want me to stop...

thesin
01-30-2012, 05:17 PM
Reading some of these posts it is clear that some of you feel like you can't lose sunday because some of you are closeted Patriots fans. I'd even go so far as to say some of you want the Patriots to win. There are other who think of the Patriots as "their second favorite team" So if you feel so moved please share your story. Tell us why you love the Patriots so much and how you're secretly tickled that Tom Brady is back at the big show. I wanna hear the stories about how your dad would buy you hotdogs and you'd go to the stadium to watch Jim Plunkett or whatever. Here's your chance. Why do you love the Patriots so? I love the Pats (not more than I do the Giants of course) because of these reasons; 1) Their last two "real" coaches were from the Giants 80s team (Parcels and Bellichik). 2) They are one of the best run franchises in the NFL. 3) Their owner is pure class. 4) They are not in our division. 5) Bellichik has turned out to be one of the best coaches in NFL history (and its always fun to watch history unfold before your eyes). Having said all that, I will be satisfied with this season, even if the Giants lose, NOT because the Patriots won, but because the Giants made it to the Super Bowl and in a year when everyone was down on them. Of course .... not losing would be a metric **** ton better. Giants fans like you give me hope for the rest of you're fanbase. RESPECT</P>

We've got a very intelligent fan base.* Most of us are not bandwagon jumpers like many NE fans were.* Lets face facts -- the Pats weren't exactly the "sexy" team before BB and TB arrived on the scene.* Don't get me wrong -- I'm not saying that you are one of those fans because I have no idea, but many, many, many Pat fans have no idea what it's like to stink, so I don't think that viewing things from a* totally win-all-the-time perspective makes for an intelligent fan base.* Your fan base has not had to deal with the other side of reality for a veeerrryyyy long time.* </P>

why have quite a few dumb fans who don't know much about the history of the team or the sport in general but thats what happens when you start winning. A lot of cowboys fans and Steelers fans were the same way.

burier
01-30-2012, 05:18 PM

Did someone poop in your cheerios this morning?

No.... and to prove it I'm gonna let that comment by Krunch slide.

JJC7301
01-30-2012, 05:27 PM

We've got a very intelligent fan base. Most of us are not bandwagon jumpers like many NE fans were. Lets face facts -- the Pats weren't exactly the "sexy" team before BB and TB arrived on the scene. Don't get me wrong -- I'm not saying that you are one of those fans because I have no idea, but many, many, many Pat fans have no idea what it's like to stink, so I don't think that viewing things from a totally win-all-the-time perspective makes for an intelligent fan base. Your fan base has not had to deal with the other side of reality for a veeerrryyyy long time. </P>

why have quite a few dumb fans who don't know much about the history of the team or the sport in general but thats what happens when you start winning. A lot of cowboys fans and Steelers fans were the same way.</P>

Yeah, especially Cowboy fans.</P>

geonyg
01-30-2012, 05:28 PM
I have been a Giants fan since the day I was born many years ago. Long time season ticket holder who moved to beautiful New Hampshire 10 years ago. Still have my tickets btw.
I live in Pats country and root for my Giants as hard as ever. I also root for the Pats when they are not playing the Giants. But when we play I hate the Patriots as much as any other division opponent! I'm not making any new friends these days wearing Giants gear around town.

burier
01-31-2012, 12:21 PM
I have been a Giants fan since the day I was born many years ago. Long time season ticket holder who moved to beautiful New Hampshire 10 years ago. Still have my tickets btw.
I live in Pats country and root for my Giants as hard as ever. I also root for the Pats when they are not playing the Giants. But when we play I hate the Patriots as much as any other division opponent! I'm not making any new friends these days wearing Giants gear around town.

So when you root for the Patriots are rooting for them just because you live in New Hampshire? If you moved to florida would you root for the Dophins?

Kruunch
01-31-2012, 12:31 PM

I like Bob Kraft but he has done a few classless things I can think of.*

The feud with Parcells, for example...* And how he ultimately won by sabotaging Bill Belichick becoming Jets head coach.

There was a photo opp in his office where they had the Red Sox come over with their 2004 and 2007 WS trophies and put them with the Pats' 3 Lombardis, I can't find it, but it's a ******y move

(by the way a win next Sunday would be NYC's 51st championship not including teams that left like the Dodgers and Baseball Giants, should we arrange that photo-opp or would that be too ******y?).

He got Howard Stern a championship ring, IIRC.* He gets extras and gives them away to impress people, I think Vladomir Putin also got one.* That's kind of ******y.* I know the Giants give extras to their partners and associates but what does Howard Stern have to do with the Patriots?

I don't blame him for pulling the GM duties out of Parcels hands. BP kept telling him he didn't know if he was coming back.

Look at what NOT getting back the reins have done for BP run teams (Jets, Cowboys) post BP.

The other stuff is just silly ... but being in the same division as Jerry Jones probably has raised my "******" bar.

Kruunch
01-31-2012, 12:32 PM

So when you root for the Patriots are rooting for them just because you live in New Hampshire? If you moved to florida would you root for the Dophins?

You have to forgive Burier ... Hooked on Phonics hasn't worked for him yet.

Probably because he picked up the Brian Reagan version.

01-31-2012, 03:00 PM
I will be miserable if the Giants lose. BUT ... if the Patriots win, then Tom Brady has 4 rings and Terry Bradshaw can shut the F up and stop thinking he is so special. Montana and Brady are great QB's and Terry Bradshaw QB'd some great teams.

burier
02-01-2012, 01:32 PM

The sad thing is you're the opposite of funny and you don't even know it.

For Valentine's day you should give your wife a different husband.

BurnerNYG
02-01-2012, 02:07 PM

The sad thing is you're the opposite of funny and you don't even know it.

For Valentine's day you should give your wife a different husband.Hahaha... no disrespect to Kruunch but that was a good one.

burier
02-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Last chance

Anyone else want to testify?