PDA

View Full Version : Ann Mara to attend Super Bowl

swimeasy
01-30-2012, 04:35 PM
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 7.5pt; COLOR: #666666; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'">By Ian O'Connor
ESPNNewYork.com

</SPAN><FONT face=Calibri size=4>INDIANAPOLIS -- Ann Mara, matriarch of the </FONT><FONT face=Calibri size=4>New York Giants</FONT> (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyg/new-york-giants)<FONT face=Calibri><FONT size=4>, upgraded her Super Bowl XLVI status from probable to definite Monday when she said the broken shoulder she suffered in a fall last week won't keep her from the big game. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p><FONT face=Calibri size=4></FONT></o:p></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri><FONT size=4>"If I had to crawl to Indianapolis I'd be there," Mara told ESPNNewYork.com by phone. "I have no intention of staying home. I'll be ready to go on the plane on Thursday." <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p><FONT face=Calibri size=4></FONT></o:p></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri><FONT size=4>Mara, the 82-year-old widow of former Giants owner Wellington Mara, unwittingly made herself an Internet sensation by confronting Fox broadcaster Terry Bradshaw in the wake of the NFC Championship Game victory over San Francisco. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=4>"Hey, you never pick the Giants," the great grandmother barked at Bradshaw as he tried to interview </FONT><FONT face=Calibri size=4>Victor Cruz</FONT> (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13553/victor-cruz)<FONT face=Calibri><FONT size=4> in the winners' locker room. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri><FONT size=4>"I know, I know, I'm sorry," Bradshaw responded on air. "I'm getting hammered here for not picking the Giants." <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri><FONT size=4>Monday, Mara said she had no idea her exchange with Bradshaw was being broadcast on live TV. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri><FONT size=4>"I couldn't wait to go up to him, because he never, ever picks us," Mara said, "but I didn't know we were on TV. We were in the locker room; I didn't expect there to be cameras in there.<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri><FONT size=4>"And now I'm getting mail from all over the country. People are sending my picture from the paper and asking me to autograph it, andI'm getting so many flowers now that I thought I was being waked.<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"> <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri><FONT size=4>After returning from San Francisco last Monday, Mara broke her right shoulder in a fall in church. "I was on my way back from communion," she said, "and the floors had just been waxed in the church. I went flying, and landed right on the shoulder." <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri><FONT size=4>Mara said she is wearing a sling and is scheduled for more X-rays Tuesday. She plans on bringing her ol' reliable rosary beads to Indianapolis. Mara holds fast to her beads during all big games; she had them in her hands when Scott Norwood went wide right way back when. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri><FONT size=4>And her feud with Bradshaw? "One New York law firm sent me boxing gloves colored in Giant blue," Mara said. "One glove says 'Terry,' and the other glove says 'Bradshaw.' Maybe next time I see him I'll have those gloves with me</FONT>." <o:p></o:p></FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p><FONT face=Calibri></FONT></o:p></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=Calibri>Ian O'Connor is a columnist for ESPNNewYork.com.<o:p></o:p></FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p><FONT face=Calibri></FONT></o:p></P>

bLuereverie
01-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Ann's All In for this game. How about you Gronk? pfft

jjj45
01-30-2012, 04:50 PM
Great article thanks! Had me laughing.

nygsb42champs
01-30-2012, 04:51 PM
She is "All In" way to go Mrs. Mara

MikeIsaGiant
01-30-2012, 04:54 PM
She should play, she seems to have more balls than a lot of the players like Gronk or Brady

SweetZombieJesus
01-30-2012, 05:25 PM
I'm starting to love her personality

OX1
01-30-2012, 09:32 PM
"<font face="Calibri"><font size="4"> I'm getting so many flowers now that I thought I was being waked. "

LOL!! CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!
<font> </font></font></font>
<p class="MsoNormal"><font face="Calibri" size="4"></font></p>

GameTime
01-30-2012, 09:37 PM
good stuff.....</P>

</P>