PDA

View Full Version : A message from Steeler Nation

Southern Steeler
01-30-2012, 05:38 PM
Hello Giants fans.....

I started a thread here 4 years ago that ballooned pretty nicely. It was a genuine heartfelt wish from the Steeler Nation that you guys would end the 19-0. Sure enough, you came through and spared all of us forever having to endure listening to that. I'll always have a warm feeling for the Giants for that.

Here we are 4 years later, and karma dictates that I do it again. We Steeler fans can't stand the Patriots....as a matter of fact many of us actually wanted the Ravens to win last week. Tough to imagine, I know. So please, for everyone who bleeds black and gold......

Go stomp these guys!

Sincerely,

Southern Steeler

jhamburg
01-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Hello Giants fans.....

I started a thread here 4 years ago that ballooned pretty nicely.* It was a genuine heartfelt wish from the Steeler Nation that you guys would end the 19-0.* Sure enough, you came through and spared all of us forever having to endure listening to that.* I'll always have a warm feeling for the Giants for that.

Here we are 4 years later, and karma dictates that I do it again.* We Steeler fans can't stand the Patriots....as a matter of fact many of us actually wanted the Ravens to win last week.* Tough to imagine, I know. So please, for everyone who bleeds black and gold......

Go stomp these guys!

Sincerely,

Southern Steeler

Thanks for the support. Other than your QB, I like the Steelers' organization as well.

burier
01-30-2012, 05:40 PM
with pleasure

MikeIsaGiant
01-30-2012, 05:41 PM
I root for the Steelers all the time, love their organization and I love Tomlin

Thanks

Southern Steeler
01-30-2012, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the support. Other than your QB, I like the Steelers' organization as well.

He's finally removed his head from his a**. I think.

JJC7301
01-30-2012, 05:44 PM
Hello Giants fans.....

I started a thread here 4 years ago that ballooned pretty nicely. It was a genuine heartfelt wish from the Steeler Nation that you guys would end the 19-0. Sure enough, you came through and spared all of us forever having to endure listening to that. I'll always have a warm feeling for the Giants for that.

Here we are 4 years later, and karma dictates that I do it again. We Steeler fans can't stand the Patriots....as a matter of fact many of us actually wanted the Ravens to win last week. Tough to imagine, I know. So please, for everyone who bleeds black and gold......

Go stomp these guys!

Sincerely,

Southern Steeler
Thanks for the support. Other than your QB, I like the Steelers' organization as well.</P>

+1. Plus, isn't Rooney Mara named after the Steelers' Rooney's?</P>

coachjdc
01-30-2012, 05:47 PM
I've always had a soft spot for the Steelers, too. Being a kid in the 70's when the Giants were bad (but still my team by birthright) and the Steelers were the dynasty, couldn't help but be a fan.

Gianthunter
01-30-2012, 05:49 PM
Hello Giants fans.....

Go stomp these guys!

Sincerely,

Southern Steeler
Oh shut the freak up. Pennsy teamssuck and Pitt sucks erie water

Zoboomafoo
01-30-2012, 05:49 PM
Rooney Mara's dad is Tim Mara and her mom is a Rooney. Same for Kate.

Kate roots for both teams and has it written in her contracts that she can take a day off from production to see the Steelers or Giants in the Superbowl. I don't get the sense that Rooney is a fan.

Southern Steeler
01-30-2012, 05:52 PM

Classy!

bearbryant
Hello Giants fans.....

Go stomp these guys!

Sincerely,

Southern Steeler
</P>

I understand some of your desires as to who went to the SB this year and who wins. I feel the same way and I'm certain that this year is showing up with the same finale that was destiny in 07. Most of my bleed blue brothers wanted the ravens to win the AFC crown in order to revisit our SB against the ravens in 2000 and get pay back for that loss. We've already beaten the pats twice this year and are on our way to beating them again. We'll be happy to bring that win back home for you as well! Go Giants!!!!</P>

bansaw
had my public school believing Terry Bradshaw was my uncle back in their heyday

good luck with your cap situation

G-Man67
01-30-2012, 05:55 PM
thank you ! ... the two classiest orgs in the NFL

Gianthunter
01-30-2012, 06:04 PM

Classy!
Ahhhhhhhh a wheeler talking up class Thats an oxymoron.

burier
01-30-2012, 06:05 PM
thank you ! ... the two classiest orgs in the NFL

I propose we put a 72 hour ban on the word Classy in any of its forms.

Just to see what people will say instead.

shotcalla39
01-30-2012, 06:08 PM
I'm pretty sure I remember that thread... Thanks for the support... I think everyone besides Patriots fans were rooting for us that year and I'm sure many are again

JJC7301
01-30-2012, 06:11 PM
Rooney Mara's dad is Tim Mara and her mom is a Rooney. Same for Kate. Kate roots for both teams and has it written in her contracts that she can take a day off from production to see the Steelers or Giants in the Superbowl. I don't get the sense that Rooney is a fan.</P>

How amazing is that?Descended by two of the biggest NFL families, and acting careers to boot.</P>

It's like being descended from Jobs and Gates.</P>

</P>

Southern Steeler
01-30-2012, 06:20 PM

Is Gianthunter always this pleasant? Or is he just having a bad day? Tough to imagine being in a pissy mood when your team is in the Super Bowl.

Big Blue 418
01-30-2012, 06:24 PM
v Rooney Mara has stated her favorite team is the Giants than the Dteelers . If they palyed in the sb , she would root for the Giants because her dad works for them.

NYgiants141
01-30-2012, 06:26 PM
Hello Giants fans.....

Go stomp these guys!

Sincerely,

Southern Steeler

Was that necessary buddy?

Gianthunter
01-30-2012, 06:29 PM
I propose we put a 72 hour ban on the word Classy in any of its forms. Just to see what people will say instead.

Is Gianthunter always this pleasant? Or is he just having a bad day? Tough to imagine being in a pissy mood when your team is in the Super Bowl.
Why not ask me?

Gianthunter
01-30-2012, 06:29 PM
Hello Giants fans.....

Go stomp these guys!

Sincerely,

Southern Steeler

Was that necessary buddy?
<FONT size=6>YES</FONT>

Manning4MVP
01-30-2012, 06:31 PM

Just ignore him, he obviously wants attention.

NYGRealityCheck
01-30-2012, 06:38 PM
I don't think another other AFC team fans have respect for the Cheatriots. Soon we'd be getting fans from Cleveland, Jacksonville, Indy, etc.. to root for us to beat em...

The Giants are probably carrying the hopes of all the fans of the other AFC teams to knock off the Patriots, while getting wishes from San Fran, Packers, etc.. Pretty neat!

swimeasy
01-30-2012, 06:42 PM
Hello Giants fans.....

Go stomp these guys!

Sincerely,

Southern Steeler
</P>

Thank you. The Giants and Steeler orgs are family. Like the Maras, the Rooneys were and are devoted to their teams and their communities.</P>

PhilaGiant83
01-30-2012, 06:44 PM
Steel Curtain has always been a classy organization. Since I endure Ravens fans here, I do cheer on the Steelers!

TrueBlue10
01-30-2012, 06:50 PM
Hello Giants fans.....

Go stomp these guys!

Sincerely,

Southern Steeler

Thanks, buddy. Very classy of you and very kind.

I'd wish you guys luck but I don't think your organization really needs it =P

jomo
01-30-2012, 07:04 PM
Hello Giants fans.....

Go stomp these guys!

Sincerely,

Southern Steeler
Oh shut the freak up. Pennsy teamssuck and Pitt sucks erie waterEasy big fella. I spent the best 4 years of my life at Penn State which meant half myfrat brotherswere from Philly and half from Pittsburgh. The Eagles guys were what you would expect: paranoid, angry and always looking to fight no matter what the argument or situation. The Pittsburgh guys on the other hand were as nice as could be. I used to refer to them as midwestern. They were knowledgeable and passionate fans but respectful and fun to be with no matter what. The Steelers and Giants are the two most similar organizations in the NFL without a doubt.

MaCkTiC
01-30-2012, 07:08 PM
Hello Giants fans.....

Go stomp these guys!

Sincerely,

Southern Steeler

Thanks for the support.

Breezely
01-30-2012, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the support!!!!!!

egyptian420
01-30-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm pretty sure I remember that thread... Thanks for the support... I think everyone besides Patriots fans were rooting for us that year and I'm sure many are again
add jealous cowboy and eagle losers to that list as well

GJRNYG
01-30-2012, 07:14 PM
Thanks,

The Steelers are my second fav team after the Giants

Steelr in DC
01-30-2012, 07:25 PM
I'd like to echo the original post - I'm a lifelong Steelers fan stuck in the Nations Capitol for the past 30+ years. The Pats* and Ravens are at the top of my hate list, with the Redskins right behind them. When the Skins started out 3-1, all the radio and tv taking heads were ready for the post season. Thankfully, they came back to reality -I honestly have no idea how they swept the Giants.</P>

Anyway, here's hoping for a repeat of the 2007 SB - please take down pretty boy Brady like you did last time. Those hits he took on the last drive were priceless. Unfortunately, if he gets touched this time expect a 15 yd penalty and $15K fine.</P>

Bread
01-30-2012, 07:30 PM
I cant speak for Cowboys fans but we (Eagles) were rooting for you.

egyptian420
01-30-2012, 07:49 PM
not the b####es I know....every NFC east fan I know is rooting against us and has been since week 17 after we beat the cowboys

Bread
01-30-2012, 07:56 PM
not the b####es I know....every NFC east fan I know is rooting against us and has been since week 17 after we beat the cowboys
This year? Oh, of course. I thought you were talking about 08

DartLax 36
01-30-2012, 08:06 PM
Fun fact: Rooney's kid is a QB at my school.

Pksoze
01-30-2012, 08:30 PM
I have a friend who was a Steelers fan. He really appreciated our trucking the Packers in Lambeau.

Razur
01-30-2012, 08:46 PM
Hello Giants fans.....

I started a thread here 4 years ago that ballooned pretty nicely.* It was a genuine heartfelt wish from the Steeler Nation that you guys would end the 19-0.* Sure enough, you came through and spared all of us forever having to endure listening to that.* I'll always have a warm feeling for the Giants for that.

Here we are 4 years later, and karma dictates that I do it again.* We Steeler fans can't stand the Patriots....as a matter of fact many of us actually wanted the Ravens to win last week.* Tough to imagine, I know. So please, for everyone who bleeds black and gold......

Go stomp these guys!

Sincerely,

Southern Steeler

My Active Duty Army Son-In-Law is a Steelers fan, so for me Steelers are "in the family"..He called to congratulate us and said the same thing..He has no love for the Patriots and would love to see them lose the SB to the Giants once again...So...we're ALL IN....Black & Yellow and Big Blue....!!!! GO GIANTS GO BLUE!

Jobarulz
01-30-2012, 08:46 PM
Thanks dude. We appreciate classy opposing fans who can bring some good football talk to the forms. Don't pay any attention to the antagonizers.

OrangeGiant
01-30-2012, 08:59 PM
Thanks man, this is good karma. I think the Patriots are the Duke of the NFL. The teams people love to hate. My brother in law is a die hard Steelers fan. I got him a Bettis throwback jersey for Xmas and I don't think he's taken it off yet.

FIFTY6G-MAN
01-30-2012, 09:12 PM
The Steelers are my AFC team. Thanks for the go get'em boys attitude!! I would love to play the Steelers in the S.B.. You do have a classy organization and I believe that the Roth has turned a corner from his past, again thank you from one fan to another for taking the time to post on our board without trashing us!!! Good luck next year!

Southern Steeler
01-30-2012, 09:32 PM
Why not ask me?

Because your first post towards me gave me the impression you were a ******bag, You've done nothing since to change that impression.

I can assure you guys that 99% of Steeler Nation is an enormous Giants fan this weekend. The other 1% needs their Nation man-card revoked. It would be sweet, sweet victory to see your DL crush Marcia all night. I worry about personal foul flags, though.....he cries every time someone hits him.

ru_gmen55
01-30-2012, 09:58 PM
I love the Steelers...it's always nice to see support from other fanbases. Hopefully we all wind up getting what we want out of next Sunday's game...

FIFTY6G-MAN
01-30-2012, 10:23 PM
Why not ask me?

Because your first post towards me gave me the impression you were a ******bag, You've done nothing since to change that impression.

I can assure you guys that 99% of Steeler Nation is an enormous Giants fan this weekend. The other 1% needs their Nation man-card revoked. It would be sweet, sweet victory to see your DL crush Marcia all night. I worry about personal foul flags, though.....he cries every time someone hits him.
I love your strength! You are right. Simmer down, most of Giants fans are with you and please dont turn this into a smack talk. We love the fact you came here in peace and have shown due respect brother. Like i said before Good Luck Next Season, im rooting for a Steeler/Giants SB, cream of the crop for organizations

sc_markt
01-31-2012, 12:23 AM
Hello Giants fans.....

Go stomp these guys!

Sincerely,

Southern Steeler

FWIW, I rooted for the Steelers in all of their Super Bowls. I think it's a great organization and I think the fans are great.

Of course, if the SB was the Giants vs the Steelers, I'd have to root for the Giants...

JJC7301
01-31-2012, 12:31 AM
I don't think another other AFC team fans have respect for the Cheatriots. Soon we'd be getting fans from Cleveland, Jacksonville, Indy, etc.. to root for us to beat em...

The Giants are probably carrying the hopes of all the fans of the other AFC teams to knock off the Patriots, while getting wishes from San Fran, Packers, etc.. Pretty neat!
Giants aren't getting ANY wishes from SF. Not based on their comments and attitudes after the game last week. That's ok -- the Pats can have the SF fans.

Elaxico
01-31-2012, 12:40 AM
Hello Giants fans.....

Go stomp these guys!

Sincerely,

Southern Steeler

Thank you. Much respect.

sligoker
01-31-2012, 12:40 AM
Thank you my friend. New England is evil. Good will win.

Confluence
01-31-2012, 12:43 AM
Southern said it well.

Before the AFC/NFC Championship games, almost 90% of SN polled was pulling for the Giants. Surely that number is at 99% now. Last week's game with the Rats and the Pats* was tough to watch, but at least one of them got beat. We're very hopeful that the Giants D can get to Marsha, often and forcefully.

And while it would do football a world of good to see a great defensive team win the SuperBowl, it would be even better to know the Giants have twice taken the Lombardi from the evil Pats* hands.

Go Giants!!

Steeltime
01-31-2012, 02:03 AM
I don't often watch Super Bowls not involving the Steelers but when I do ... I root for the Giants to crush the Patsies.

Go, Giants.

fourth&forever
01-31-2012, 02:25 AM
I don't often watch Super Bowls not involving the Steelers but when I do ... I root for the Giants to crush the Patsies.

Go, Giants.

Here you go buddy

http://troll.me/images/the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world/i-dont-often-watch-super-bowls-not-involving-the-steelers-but-when-i-do-i-root-for-the-giants-to-crush-the-patsies.jpg

easterbeast
01-31-2012, 03:07 AM
ahh, yes steeler fans...............i bet we would just love to date rooni mara

Diamond Dave
01-31-2012, 07:00 AM
Oh dear lord, the TARNISH on Tommy Girl's legacy for losing two Super Bowls? To the same team?

If you read any of the Art Rooney biographies, you'll know that the Rooney's and Mara's were great friends. Since the Steelers can't be in it, I'm a G-Man.

hamster
01-31-2012, 07:53 AM
Huge Steeler fan here.....but growing up, I was a Giant fan. Yep, back in the days of Homer Jones, Fran Tarkenton, Spider Lockhart. Does anyone here remember Bob Tucker?

Go NY Football Giants!
Best wishes for a delightful *** stomping of the Patriots.

miked1958
01-31-2012, 07:59 AM

Go, Giants.

Here you go buddy

http://troll.me/images/the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world/i-dont-often-watch-super-bowls-not-involving-the-steelers-but-when-i-do-i-root-for-the-giants-to-crush-the-patsies.jpg
Love it

YATittle1962
01-31-2012, 10:49 AM
Hello Giants fans.....

Go stomp these guys!

Sincerely,

Southern Steeler

some of my family members and very close friends are to the death Steeler fans....so I hold them as sort of my adopted AFC team

this post actually touched my soul a bit

all the Steeler fans I know feel the exact same way

thank you Steeler Nation

YATittle1962
01-31-2012, 10:54 AM
Hello Giants fans.....

Go stomp these guys!

Sincerely,

Southern Steeler
Thanks for the support. Other than your QB, I like the Steelers' organization as well.</P>

+1.* Plus, isn't Rooney Mara named after the Steelers' Rooney's?</P>

she is half Rooney half Mara

her name is actually Patricia

her dad is Tim Mara...Johns Brother

and her mom is a Rooney

YATittle1962
01-31-2012, 10:57 AM
v Rooney Mara has stated her favorite team is the Giants than the Dteelers . If they palyed in the sb , she would root for the Giants because her dad works for them.

works for them?

her dad is Tim Mara and her mom is Kathy Rooney

she is directly relates to the owners of both teams

jjj45
01-31-2012, 11:02 AM
Oh dear lord, the TARNISH on Tommy Girl's legacy for losing two Super Bowls? To the same team?

If you read any of the Art Rooney biographies, you'll know that the Rooney's and Mara's were great friends. Since the Steelers can't be in it, I'm a G-Man.
This is great! Nice to get some love from our AFC brothers.

Rooted hard for y'all last year in the big game. Steelers fought hard in that one.

This is the second time that both our teams have been to the SB right after one another. Really neat!

Kruunch
01-31-2012, 11:05 AM
* It would be sweet, sweet victory to see your DL crush Marcia all night.* I worry about personal foul flags, though.....he cries every time someone hits him.

And we relish each and every one.

Fortunately they tend to throw less flags during the post season.

Kruunch
01-31-2012, 11:07 AM

Giants aren't getting ANY wishes from SF. Not based on their comments and attitudes after the game last week. That's ok -- the Pats can have the SF fans.

49er fans are still abusing their feminine napkins.

OverDale
01-31-2012, 02:07 PM
The Giants earned a big place in my Steeler heart 4 years ago also, especially but not only because of the SB. The end of that season and playoffs they were underdogs all the way, beat mighty Dallas and mighty GB in their home by playing real blue-collar football -- no gimmicks. They can match up against anyone.

Go GIANTS!

easterbeast
01-31-2012, 02:59 PM
its time to get crazy for this game.!!!!
is rooni mara single?
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/easterbeast/coinss.jpg

easterbeast
01-31-2012, 03:00 PM
its time to get crazy for this game.!!!!
is rooni mara single?
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/easterbeast/coinss.jpg

Southern Steeler
02-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Outstanding!

Congrats guys, from Steeler Nation!

You done America proud tonight......Bravo! I might have to go buy a Giants hat now. :-)

miked1958
02-05-2012, 11:59 PM
Outstanding!

You done America proud tonight......Bravo! I might have to go buy a Giants hat now. :-)

Awesome

SteelCityGal
02-06-2012, 12:08 AM
Yeah Giants!

Another Steeler Nation Gal here.......so THRILLED and HAPPY you guys are the champs!!! I Love NYC, Eli, and your Coach. And yes, the Rooneys and Mara's are friends.

Again, Congratulations G-Men and Fans!

Southern Steeler
02-06-2012, 12:09 AM
Awesome

The only thing better than a Steeler Super Bowl win is a Patriots Super Bowl loss. That's twice you guys have come thru now.

Many many thanks

logan9839
02-06-2012, 12:11 AM
Just an amazing game!

frantlj
02-06-2012, 12:17 AM
Well, you're most welcome, Steeler fans! Steelers and Giants are two class organizations and we're happy to share the joy with everyone who wants to be part of this great victory!!

SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!

fourth&forever
02-06-2012, 12:17 AM
Awesome

The only thing better than a Steeler Super Bowl win is a Patriots Super Bowl loss.* That's twice you guys have come thru now.

Many many thanks

and what a great game!

OverDale
02-06-2012, 12:45 AM
Congratulations! Giants played another great game. I really enjoy watching this excellent team! Thanks for stopping the Cheatriots again.
Eli is clutch!

redjersies
02-06-2012, 01:02 AM
I feel you, Southern Steeler! I'ma Southern boy, too. I have also found that there are a whole lot of nice and awesome NY fans, as well! Thanks for the nice sentiment!

FBomb
02-06-2012, 01:04 AM
Outstanding!

</P>

[Y]</P>

DandyDon
02-06-2012, 01:07 AM
Outstanding!

Thank you sir! My sister is a big Steelers fan too, I got a lotta respect for your team.

Congrats to the World Champ Giants!!